Old 05-3-2019, 04:34 PM   #461
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I think because of Antori's language barrier and the fact that I've seen him as town want to double back on reads without properly explaining when/why he did so I could believe a world where he is derpin' hard and loud
you basically answered your own question to me here (and i was very tempted to respond to it with "you are, honey")

because while i'd prefer if people posted understandable progressions and had degrees in argumentation and things like that, antori's had these kind of form/action mismatch issues before and people have been able to townread him correctly despite them. his play scans as baseline anti-town that way but it doesn't make him a wolf

so i'm more left wondering what's different here. i don't think he's been reaching exceptionally hard to excuse himself out of his reads, and so far people have been able to question him and find out he does actually have some reasons for what he believes

he is the kind of player that i expect town may want to clean up at some point regardless of actual alignment, but at present is not a great choice for wolf
Old 05-3-2019, 04:37 PM   #462
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Everyone has more then 10 post (Double the limit SunFan set) so if you see people not playing the game it's probably work seriously considering
you kinda...just discovered this? i'm lumping this in with you picking out wayward afterward

there are a number of people that feel like voidplayers to me at any given time because they're only semi-around or haven't been at the same time as me, so even if people have met the requirement, fair amount of wanting to have them get it in gear
Old 05-3-2019, 04:51 PM   #463
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
you basically answered your own question to me here (and i was very tempted to respond to it with "you are, honey")
I wasn't making that point when you made your comment. Regardless of where I fall on the issue afterwards I didn't see anyone saying/implying he needed to be taught a lesson.

You are preemptively scolding people before you even explain why you would defend him and it strikes me as backwards. You're defense of him is praising Yosh ??? ?? ? ???? ??

Quote:
you kinda...just discovered this? i'm lumping this in with you picking out wayward afterward

there are a number of people that feel like voidplayers to me at any given time because they're only semi-around or haven't been at the same time as me, so even if people have met the requirement, fair amount of wanting to have them get it in gear
I always check postcount on d0's EoD and just generally keep an eye on it out of habit. Helps me not forget people because they slowly stop posting. Nothing to do with my point though.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-3-2019, 04:54 PM   #464
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:

You are preemptively scolding people before you even explain why you would defend him and it strikes me as backwards
Basically what I want to say here is that it feels like you didn't have a good reason to defend him here and want to say that what I explained is what you where thinking while at the same time trying to cut me down a little.

You are legit making me want to switch to Antori and see what he flips now, and go after you should he flip red.

Old 05-3-2019, 04:56 PM   #465
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
remember when being thrown off was indicative for haku?

does this feel like that or no
it does not
Old 05-3-2019, 05:06 PM   #466
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I wasn't making that point when you made your comment. Regardless of where I fall on the issue afterwards I didn't see anyone saying/implying he needed to be taught a lesson.

You are preemptively scolding people before you even explain why you would defend him and it strikes me as backwards. You're defense of him is praising Yosh ??? ?? ? ???? ??
those are two separate thoughts, connected around the theme of it being the big read i was sitting on + the why

i don't trust the player list to not policy lynch him regardless of what they're actually saying, though that may be a personal problem

Quote:
I always check postcount on d0's EoD and just generally keep an eye on it out of habit. Helps me not forget people because they slowly stop posting. Nothing to do with my point though.
so were you implying everyone's been playing the game? you're voting wayward because you said he's done nothing serious this game

i don't really understand what point you were showing me there unless it's "name who you think isn't playing the game", but it's worded like the "correct" answer is no one
Old 05-3-2019, 05:09 PM   #467
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Basically what I want to say here is that it feels like you didn't have a good reason to defend him here and want to say that what I explained is what you where thinking while at the same time trying to cut me down a little.

You are legit making me want to switch to Antori and see what he flips now, and go after you should he flip red.
knock yourself out, i'm not responsible for your actions

you've got a whole pool of 3 people i'd consider in that partner save pool as well

writes down "meta is a bad reason" in notebook 500x
Old 05-3-2019, 05:13 PM   #468
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
it does not
cool

this is a good sign
Old 05-3-2019, 05:14 PM   #469
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
those are two separate thoughts, connected around the theme of it being the big read i was sitting on + the why

i don't trust the player list to not policy lynch him regardless of what they're actually saying, though that may be a personal problem
That's fair and all but it really seemed like you where retroactively adding to your argument there.

Aside from just wishing you would have been upfront about your distrust of the community and just leaving the rest out though IDK what to add though.

Quote:
so were you implying everyone's been playing the game?
No, it looked like you where acting as if voting someone who is not playing as being too appealing, ie a cop out. My point is that people have provenly been present enough that they should have played TWG at some level at this point (If you where hear to make 10-15 posts but not one made an impact then that shows lack of effort, not lack of time to invest) so I was disagree that it was an easy out.

Maybe you didn't mean to imply that and I misread it, but that's what I was saying.

Basically if you're not saying that "not playing the game" is bad reasoning for a vote then I'm mistaken and you can safely ignore that point. If you are saying that well....

Old 05-3-2019, 05:26 PM   #470
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

raeko's posting makes me feel like she's very town
the attentiveness and constant contributions without stall is good
I think her post that ended with "sorry that this post was so long" (or at least close to that wording) feels pretty towny imo

I think star is also off of my table for lynching today for reasons previously mentioned

I think people latching onto the idea of "roundbox needs to scum hunt" should be cognizant of the fact that I'm also actively looking for townreads
Old 05-3-2019, 05:27 PM   #471
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Thought about it and yeah lynching Antori because how I feel about inD might lynch a wolf but it's a vote made for all the wrong reasons. Gonna trust my first conclusion and stay on Wayward.

If Antori gets lynch I ain't gonna cry about it though

Old 05-3-2019, 05:31 PM   #472
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
cool

this is a good sign
to elaborate for others

haku isn't confirmed not wolf because of this, but what i'm at least getting at is there's a difference between him not knowing how to drive his wolf narrative, and having a slight wrench thrown into his early game presence he has typically

so someone else said talking about haku is a bit of a waste

I agree past this post, for today

thus my unvote

you're welcome and have a nice day, I'm gonna go watch more anime
Old 05-3-2019, 05:35 PM   #473
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

afk about 20 minutes, then here for EOD

if I had to cobble together a quick reads list to appease you, here's something I guess

not lynching today because I think they're actively town:
star
raeko

not lynching today because I think they're being really awkward:
antori (beware of serial killer status tho, this is the only player that has itched this scratch if SK exists)

not lynching today because I've agreed with too many of their points:
inDheart

maybe not lynching today because I'm wavering in my scumread on their VERY SCUMMY LOOKING ACTIONS for some dumb reason:
flashflash account

would like to interact with more before EOD:
yoshl
lar

I'm OK with axing:
Hakulyte
ShadoWolfe

gonna read these posts before eod:
xelnya
wv

is in this game:
gradiant
Old 05-3-2019, 05:35 PM   #474
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

behold, the new meta of reads lists. brb quick
Old 05-3-2019, 05:36 PM   #475
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I will not be able to play anymore today. I think there's an hour and a half until EoD but I can't make it back before 7.

I can't shake off the feeling that I do not like Star and Yosh. I think I like Star less so because of some wording he uses when speaking to Yosh versus how he was going about talking to the rest of us (If you don't understand re read my posts guys)

I'm gonna lean InD scum for now and ust see how I feel about it in 24 hours I guess.

Roundbox just posted why he likes Raeko and frankly I don't see that happening at all and I really wish I had the time to talk it out with him. Gonna ask you to expand those thoughts for next phase, Round.

Shado dropped from the face of the earth and that makes me sad

If you guys don't lynch out of Antori or Wayward then vote Xel he just isn't really trying.

Old 05-3-2019, 05:40 PM   #476
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I actually do feel really good about this game so guys, don't fall into that trope where the minute I miss an EoD you policy lynch me, not trying to be goddamn Lei Wulong here

(Lei's cool actually I feel we have many things in common)

Old 05-3-2019, 05:40 PM   #477
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
If you guys don't lynch out of Antori or Wayward then vote Xel he just isn't really trying.
You know I think I've been mislynched about 10 / 10 times because of a read like your current one.

It's a really flattering statistic.
Old 05-3-2019, 05:41 PM   #478
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
That's fair and all but it really seemed like you where retroactively adding to your argument there.

Aside from just wishing you would have been upfront about your distrust of the community and just leaving the rest out though IDK what to add though.
yeah, which is also fair

i don't really mean it to come across as distrust of these specific people but it's a lynch archetype that i tend not to like, and have major regrets when i'm a part of making it happen

like, lolmeforever if i'm wrong, but the prevailing thought right now is that's what's happening

Quote:
No, it looked like you where acting as if voting someone who is not playing as being too appealing, ie a cop out. My point is that people have provenly been present enough that they should have played TWG at some level at this point (If you where hear to make 10-15 posts but not one made an impact then that shows lack of effort, not lack of time to invest) so I was disagree that it was an easy out.

Maybe you didn't mean to imply that and I misread it, but that's what I was saying.

Basically if you're not saying that "not playing the game" is bad reasoning for a vote then I'm mistaken and you can safely ignore that point. If you are saying that well....
all right, i see what you mean. i think there's cop-out potential but perhaps not too much as long as people are holding each other accountable on reasoning. the game feels a little lean so at any given time, there's some people not playing it, and my confidence is shot when it comes to lynching people who've been around relatively less, so that's making voting wayward just feel less good with time
Old 05-3-2019, 05:42 PM   #479
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
You know I think I've been mislynched about 10 / 10 times because of a read like your current one.

It's a really flattering statistic.
And not trying?

I feel that's a bit harsh. I've given a list of who I wouldn't lynch, that's more than you usually get from me.

In before comment of dead weight though. That's the usually response here, yes?
Old 05-3-2019, 05:43 PM   #480
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
In before comment of dead weight though. That's the usually response here, yes?
This by the way Lar, is yes, sarcasm.

Because the answer is an obvious resounding yes.
Closed Thread