Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
Zananok
FFR Player

Default Re: The Werewolf Game as a Web-based game

@Death, thanks for the support on coming here.
@Makilaz, I also believe its better on observing the behavior, but sometimes its cool to see the clues

Well like I said again, every things is fine even if you guys don't want to join. And lets not start being 'hard' on people here, forum-game and web-based games has its downsides and upsides.

If you want, you can just register on 'specs mode' and watch the end of the game.

Comments,
Zananok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsedeath View Post
The werewolfs make the clues. They are they as it heps the humans and the werewofls if they are good enough. They give some help and mroe to think about. You have to figure out the clues.
You type like a bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #23
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

I was reading through your rules, and I'll have to say no to this idea. It looks like you don't have any way to deal with tie votes for lynches, any kind of a punishment for inactive players, the fact that every game seems to have cardflipping on (sure, it's nice sometimes, but it's more fun without it) and most importantly, I came across this little gem in your rules:

Quote:
Outside conversations
What happens here must stay here. There shall be absolutely no outside discussion regarding the game. Alliances are not permitted. Anyone caught conspiring together privately in the chat room or outside talkboxes may be eliminated by the Moderator.
...What?

The best way for a wolf to avoid suspicion is to build alliances with another player. That way they have someone to back them up when there's little to no suspicions on anyone (like early in the game). Even after everything is said and done, if that wolf were to die off, they'd have a human grasped directly with them to go down at the same time.

And on the human side of things, building trusting alliances with the other players is the entire main point of the game. Especially since you have no guard to protect your seers, which would leave having trusted companions to shell out info for them as the only way they could provide their results without dying. Disallowing that is like asking everyone to just fumble around while the wolves take you out.
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

It's basically our twg with no AIM 1 blue and hints to find the wolves.

It's simpler than ours is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 04-19-2009 at 05:50 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #25
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
It's basically our twg with no AIM 1 blue and hints to find the wolves.

We're better than you.
agreed
Old 04-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

I haven't bothered to go to the site because I doubt my phone will load it, but it sounds like something Argo's been working on programming for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #27
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

I missed the no outside conversation/alliances. Are you serious? That alone makes that the worst version of twg I have ever seen.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #28
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

Rant time!

The idea of the automated TWG is a good one; the automatic host sounds like a great idea. But it seems like the game doesn't leave much room for conniving and deceit and critical thinking. I've been playing TWG for 6 months and I bet that if I had started playing on your games, I would not be nearly the player that I am today. I like the insane aspect of our games. Your rules are way too strict, especially the one banning alliances and such. I also love the flexibility of our games especially with mystery games and other special roles and such. It seems like playing the same type of game every time would get really boring.

Your game seems nice, but I prefer my type of game. I would like to invite you to read through our games and see how we do things here. Our current game is stickied at the top. Maybe you'd like to join our next game to see how it really goes. We'd love to see some new faces that already know how to play.

I might try your game to see if I like it. I encourage you to do the same here!

Thank you for the offer. It's nice to network with other TWG players around the internet once in a while.

End rant.

Questionable Content
clarinet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

Hey FFR people, please don't hate on the other games. They're reaching out to us, so lets all be nice.

Questionable Content
clarinet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #30
Eclipsedeath
FFR Player

Finally, someone being nice. I would do a rant too but its 7 in the morning and I'm not in the mood to pull one out of me. So I'll say this. WE ARE ONLY OFFERING YOU. (I didnt mean to put the caps in but that helped.) We arn't trying to steal your people. We're not trying to say your game is bad, we're not trying to say ours is better. People like to play it different ways, and on Eclipse people seem to like these rules and so do I.

Oh look, I pulled one out of me. Boy that did fell good.
Eclipsedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:23 AM   #31
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I think we've gotten off to a bad start with you guys. So lets try to amend it real quick.

I'm DarkManticoreX2, moderator of the FFR Werewolf Game. Thanks for visiting our site. Ignore Pntballa as he's generally very sarcastic. I've actually never seen Makilaz so irate.

A while ago Travman301, Pntballa and myself actually did play an automated version of TWG on another website. We pretty much agreed that not being able to talk and form alliances outside of the thread took away a good deal of the deceit and flexibility of the game.

Generally in our games the wolves are incriminated based off of evidence gathered against them over the course of the game. A good portion of action in our TWG games is 1:1 interaction over AIM. We then take the information from AIM and discern things from it.

A lot can be learned from playing one of our games, which i invite both you to try. Likewise if you're an FFR TWG member and think that you might be interested in playing touchofdeathforums version feel free to try it.

@zananok, you might be unhappy to realize that there are other websites who already have the web based TWG fully functional. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/76/region/1 was the one trav pnt and myself previously played on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:31 AM   #32
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i think im going to use this thread as a good oppurtunity to tell the TWG FFR regs that im joining in next game. so yeah.

/spam

uhmmm right well. web based is a great idea, but it does have a few flaws. those flaws have already been listed.

EDIT: DO YOU NEED TO HAVE AIM TO PLAY? OR CAN YOU JUST GIVE EVERYONE YOUR MSN.

(caps because i need to know)

Last edited by Bolth mannn; 04-20-2009 at 02:51 AM..
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #33
Zananok
FFR Player

@Makilaz, We play with the rules from: http://www.braingle.com/games/werewolf/rules.php - Many other forums use these as rules too. We do make updates/upgrades acording to request by users.
@rzr, These are the supported: IE 8.0 - IE 7.0 - Mozilla Firefox 3.0+ - Safari (iPhone) [Tested]
@clarinet89 - Thanks for considering our offer I will think on joining too, to try it out.

*When are draw on players to shoot it randomly choses the guy - the poll is something that has nothing to do with the game, in case is a draw and I finish it then, it will be kinda of useless if I made the poll exactly to know what to choose -.-*

Well I suggest we stop posting since this is getting a bit 'aggresive' for an 'invite/offer'.

If you want to join, you are welcome, if you don't want, don't need to.

Comments,
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 AM   #34
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
I've actually never seen Makilaz so irate.
This is exactly why I shouldn't post at work. My apologies. I've been incredibly stressed out lately, and I kinda snapped.

If you guys ever want to try out a different kind of TWG, you're more than welcome to play with us sometime. We could use some extra players.

Quote:
EDIT: DO YOU NEED TO HAVE AIM TO PLAY? OR CAN YOU JUST GIVE EVERYONE YOUR MSN.
You need to have AIM. Registering an account doesn't take long, and quite a few people have one just for TWG. You can use sites like meebo.com or ebuddy.com if you don't want to deal with the actual AIM program.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 AM   #35
Zananok
FFR Player

Strangely I didn't saw the posts before me until #29

@DarkManticoreX2, Oh man, thought I had made the first in the worlds Oh well... Thanks for the input
@Makilaz, Nah don't worry about it.

Well, even thou its already one out there, I will continue working on mine for fun.

Well bye guys, I see you guys on your game or ours.

Comments,
Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #36
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Ignore Pntballa as he's generally very sarcastic.
you know ****s going down when my name gets capitalized

also that boardgamegeek place sucked. probably cause the people were morons but whatever
Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #37
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I don't plan on reading this thread.

automated systems are only good to make the host's job a little easier and eliminate any chance of human error.

If you seriously intend on having a full game being played through an automated system that gives off 'clues' written by the wolves as the only means y which the humans could win the game then away with you.
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #38
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

also, only about a third of our playerbase is pretty cool. The rest suck =(
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #39
FictionJunction
FFR Player

we used to be hardcore =(
Old 04-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #40
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yeah...now everybody triple posts...