Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 06:41 PM   #21
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default I think

I think that would be a great idea, but just a thought, if you got an ovreall high score you would of had to high a very high number of perfects and combos so the guy with the overall high score would most likely be the guy with the most perfects and highest combos, right???, another thought their should be a most misses catagory, it would be funny to see how many misses you can have before failing a song......
Old 12-16-2002, 09:17 PM   #22
hollywood
FFR Player

i think that it would be sweet if a dude was there dancing to the music and to the key presses, its fun to see that instead of the green boxes flashing on the screen

that would take some work though
Old 12-16-2002, 10:59 PM   #23
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

stu for the amount of post i have but what if........

their where modifiers like reverse, or some other things like D......... j/k
no forreal though i think you (or s the players) being able to md the songs would be a nice little add-on the the 2nd mix game
Old 12-17-2002, 01:28 PM   #24
Chakan2
FFR Player

Default Re: I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
I think that would be a great idea, but just a thought, if you got an ovreall high score you would of had to high a very high number of perfects and combos so the guy with the overall high score would most likely be the guy with the most perfects and highest combos, right???, another thought their should be a most misses catagory, it would be funny to see how many misses you can have before failing a song......
Well, I know the guys on the high score pages are getting more combos perfects and the like, but I want to see just how many their were.

Take the mario song for example. Did the high score get all perfects? It'd just be nice to know if there's any room for improvement.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:01 PM   #25
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

OHHH ok i see now..... i thought you whrre just talking about a high score for who had thighest nimber of combos andthings not the actual number hthey had.... k thnx for clearin it up
Old 12-19-2002, 12:36 PM   #26
Chakan2
FFR Player

Alright. So I've asked for re-mapping the keys...but here's another possiblitly that will set FFR off from DDR. If we can remap the keys so we can do something like ASDF (a = <, s = V, d = ^ and f = >), why not add support for more than 2 key combos.

We could write songs that allow for 3 key combos or even all 4 if you're playing that sort of configuration. So for instance on a break down you'd have something like

<
<>
<V>
<V^>

Just a thought...
Old 12-19-2002, 01:52 PM   #27
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The engine for FFR can already do this. It is just that no songs have been written in this format.

Old 12-19-2002, 02:39 PM   #28
Chakan2
FFR Player

Sweet. Can you add the step listings to the .dwi faq? I'm still going to try to write my own song and add, and it would be cool to use some of that. (I've got a 2 week vacation comming up, and it'd be fun to waste a couple days on a song).
Old 12-19-2002, 05:57 PM   #29
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

no problem. I just need to figure out what characters represent what combinations for these 3 key steps. Want to pick them? As long as they dont conflict with DWI existing characters and our expanded Remix #2 characters, we are cool.(i will let you know if they conflict with our Remix #2 characters)

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-19-2002, 08:44 PM   #30
Kaithy-chan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kaithy-chan

Suggestions:

1. Even though on the first post of this thread, you said no "more X features like DDR", I still think that the songs should at least have an easier/harder difficulty. The Mario Song is nice, but I dread it's easy stepchart.

2. As Chakan2 said, shorter songs. The 4:00 songs are just absurd... Pleeeease?

3. A BPM counter would be nice.

4. Some absurdly difficult song which no man on earth with 10 fingers could perform.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #31
Klaymen
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaithy-chan
Suggestions:

1. Even though on the first post of this thread, you said no "more X features like DDR", I still think that the songs should at least have an easier/harder difficulty. The Mario Song is nice, but I dread it's easy stepchart.

4. Some absurdly difficult song which no man on earth with 10 fingers could perform.
1. the mario song is meant for first timers, there are harder songs to play.

2. i agree

3. FFR is measured in fps not bpm

4. have you played chrono trigger? (please don't tell me how easy it is)

synth you can delete this postif you want, because it is kinda like conversation which you said you didn't want in this thread
Old 12-19-2002, 11:32 PM   #32
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaithy-chan
Suggestions:

1. The multiple step chart idea is explained in the grading system thread.
Synth said:
Each level will allow multiple step files from multiple authors. Hi-scores will be kept seperate for each step file.

2. Dually noted.

3. That's Synth's call. Not having a BPM counter doesn't bug me at all.

4. As soon as computer is operational once again, I'll work on it.
And don't worry about the conversation thing, Klaymen. I think by backing up other's ideas and giving more opinions we can give Synthlight a better idea on what we want in the next game
Old 12-20-2002, 11:46 AM   #33
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default longer screen

i dont think anyones said this yet, but is their a way to make the screen longer/taller, because on the really hard songs (classical piano/chrono trigger) its kinda like your playin on sudden mode...... i mean the steps arent that hard just im not able to recognize them sometimes and press the buttons before they get to the top...... i think it would help out a lot of people that arent currently able to beat th harder songs, whicc would put out more competition for the ones who already can
Old 12-20-2002, 12:01 PM   #34
Chakan2
FFR Player

Back to the harder steps, can you just go with C, D, E, F...etc...That way it will stay consistent with the old coding schema.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:19 PM   #35
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Synthlight,
I had some ideas about the song selection screen, so if you're not too far into the development of it, I can make a visual aid much like I did for the grading system if you would like.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:11 PM   #36
Chakan2
FFR Player

Default Re: longer screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
i dont think anyones said this yet, but is their a way to make the screen longer/taller, because on the really hard songs (classical piano/chrono trigger) its kinda like your playin on sudden mode...... i mean the steps arent that hard just im not able to recognize them sometimes and press the buttons before they get to the top...... i think it would help out a lot of people that arent currently able to beat th harder songs, whicc would put out more competition for the ones who already can
I don't know if making it completly variable would be fair. I wouldn't mind having more space, but if you can drag the screen down as much as you want you give the advantage to the players running on higher resolutions. (Which, I don't mind my card supports some rediculous resolutions, but I don't want to knock out players playing on low end machines).
Old 12-20-2002, 02:26 PM   #37
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

i wasnt talking about a fully customable FFR play screen just keep the width and f the height is (ex.)30 make it 45, i just want it longer so you have more time to react the the arrows comming out the bottom of the screen
Old 12-20-2002, 05:03 PM   #38
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

that's part of the charm of FFR. in DDR for instance, you see the arrows for forever and a day before. FFR feels different. which is some of the charm, as I said.

and unless you're playing the classical song, where you get about 3.5 seconds per screen length, you get more than enough warning.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:46 PM   #39
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

well some people (like myself on some songs) have to watch only the arrows that you are about to hit, which leaves for no time to look , understand, and press the next set arrows, i was only thinking of this because i had just got done playing DWI and it popped in my head that it would make it semi- easier if they made the screen longer
Old 12-21-2002, 04:18 PM   #40
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

think of FFR as speed training then