Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #1
Ristyy
FFR Player

Default Icy X2 progress

Check latest post from icontrolyourworld, or one of my many alts that you can find on my icyworld profile for updates going forward 12/27/19
Thank you
6/9/18 update
so there's 61 files made for the pack, of which 21 i'm looking to keep in the final release, so 40 files may not see the light of day past a preview pack. If you want an idea of how I am wanting the pack to look, copy these into a pack folder:
Alice In Mystic Garden
Angel Of Salvation
Baccus!!
BallisticBunny
BB Evolution
Big Bad Baby Bowser
Black Fire
Blue Zenith
Body Breakdown
Burn My heart
Cry For Eternity
Houmous
Lost Souls In Endless Time
Magus Theme
Megalovania
Soul Of The Field
The Ordeal Becomes Great
The Wait Of The World
We Actually Made it to Andromeda
We Are Forever Friends
When Dragons Rule

houmous, we are friends forever and alice in mystic garden are the most recent files made for the pack

I haven't had much or any feedback on the files i've made so far, except for that restepping lawn wake iv is offensive or something, and mina doesn't like angel of salvation, while i love both files xD It's gonna be a good pack in the end though, taking time finishing it is the best thing in the end i'm sure. I'm glad to hear that you and others are interested in the pack though, it's encouraging so thanky!

https://mega.nz/#!GwQjRICK!_LTzy-TSr...BmNL9OltH2D1yM

I'm to lazy to really update the op so here's all the old stuff in spoilers:
I'm looking to make the pack about 50-60 files big, having a majority be Marathon length and every song something I personally am excited to play when I open the pack, every time I open it. Icy X was intended to be all that and an improvement tool for myself and was a major success! Icy X2 I wish to follow this trend, with focus on stamina, jumpstream, and comboability (and recently jumpgluts to help accommodate lower bpm songs but i already have made a lot).

The musical theme behind Icy X was very metal oriented, with bits of psytrance, and stepmania staples, and 1 8bit song! Although my musical preference may not be everyones cup of tea, I get a hard on for Icy X. Here's some music I would be interested in including in Icy X2. Feel free as well to suggest stuff, stepmania is the best game to share music afterall!
The emphasis on Marathon length music is actually due to my liking of instrumentals, I love to hear the crazy and creative things musicians do with their music, it's immersive to me both when I play and just listen. I'd like to say it started a lot with Dragonforce and infected mushroom honestly! So songs like suikinkitsu, kurzes epos, the wait of the world, angel of salvation, soldiers of the wasteland, deconstruction, vicious delicious, and many more, and others of varied, similar theme, lengthy types are just amazing to me!

Bands/artists I like:

Igorrr
Savage Sinusoid (a lot of songs sound very fun to step!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBakgOHKI-g

Metal
Galneryus
Unlucky Morpheus
Light Bringer
Dragonforce
Sithu Aye (helix nebula)
Equilibrium
demetori
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Imperial Circus Dead Decadence
Powerglove
Rhapsody (luca turilli)
Plini
Nick Johnston
Yngwie Malmsteen
The Black Dahlia Murder
Ne Obliviscaris
Devin Townsend

8bit
Virt (jake kaufman)
Blitz Lunar
aquellex
nemesis theory
fearofdark
-12insomnia-

Psytrance
Infected Mushroom
Shpongle (1200 Micrograms, Hallucinogen, The Infinity Project, Younger Brother, Celtic Cross, Ott)

Savant
savant (vinter in hollywood)

Stepmania Staples
betwixt & between
outsider
Igorrr
DJ Sharpnel
Camellia
hellblinde
sun3
goreshit
Beatmania & sound voltex stuff stuff: sota fujimori, noah, yooh, tomosuke funaki (orange lounge, dormir), nekomata master, Oster Project, aaaa, blacky, kors k, LED, t+pazolite, nhato, dj totto, void, XI, mosaic.wav, yamajet, cranky, nanahoshi kangengakudan (Iwami Takashi)
the flashbulb (flexe)
venetian snares
terminal11
ymck
s.s.h.

Specific songs I'm looking at (could change any moment!):

Xenoflux (Ne Obliviscaris)
Empty Branes
Celestial Stinger
The Flame Of Youth
Choppa Style
First Flight
Below the Waves
Kingborn
In Honour Of Reason
The French
Aus Ferner Zeit
Astrix On Mushrooms
Journey into the Rift
Kafkaf
Saliga
No Turn Unstoned
The Gardener
Kyra
Still Loving You
Alien Stole My Whiskey
And the Vulture Beholds

I don't want to take submissions at the moment! Unless it's a file that specifically tickles my fancy and is 100% intended for the pack.

I'm streaming progress a lot again for this pack, people have been showing me very cool music and it's always fun to chat and answer your questions, feel free to drop by anytime!
IcyX1 601mb
NB3 273mb
NB4 268mb
NB5 670mb

Download all files added/removed (not an official release) 11/13/17:
https://mega.nz/#!W44GUBRC!GZOJ-MfRF...9bQR2MLJFBPuDA
+1 https://mega.nz/#!X0AT1CAa!g0CrptyBX...ucseGlqRgz2xqQ Alice In Mystic Garden
11/13/17 several files have been polished/updated between the last upload of the pack on 9/20/17, check details below

All files may be subject to change in the future/near future. I plan on condensing difficulties to 1 difficulty per song where appropriate, and of course improving these files in any way i can think of.
Added
Alice In Mystic Garden 12/29/17
Angel Of Salvation 4/8/17
Baccus!!! 9/22/16
BallisticBunny
BB Evolution 9/7/16
Big Bad Baby Bowser
Black Fire
Body Breakdown 3/4/17
Burn My Heart 2/4/16
Big Bad Baby Bowser
Carry On
Cry For Eternity 3/2/17
Death of the Dead Sea
Emotions 2/12/16
Eye Of Sorrow
Hyperion
Lost Souls In Endless Time 3/8/17
Magus Theme 12/28/16
Megalovania
Soul Of The Field
The Ordeal Becomes Great 2/26/17
The Wait Of The World 1/22/17
We Actually Made It To Andromeda 12/5/16
We Are Forever Friends
When Dragons Rule 3/5/17

Full List of shit i've stepped
A Fool Moon Night
Alice In Mystic Garden
Angel Of Salvation
Aura
Baccus!!!
BallisticBunny
BB Evolution
Big Bad Baby Bowser
Black Fire
Blue Zenith
Body Breakdown
Breakbeats Saying Sorry
Burn My Heart
Caravan
Carry On
Chik Habit
Cry For Eternity
Death of the Dead Sea
Diamond Sky
Dokudenpa
Emotions
Eye Of Sorrow
Ge4ce
Guile's Theme
Hot For Teacher
Hyperion
Infernal Flames
Lawn Wake IV
Leopold
Lost Souls In Endless Time
Ludwig The Holy Blade
Magus Theme
Megalovania
Necrofantasia
Need The Speed
Of Course You NEED ME
On The Edge Of Tomorrow
Organ Grinder
push pull
Rain
Red Lucifer Rising
Rollercoaster
Romancecar
Soul Of The Field
Speedcore Dandy
Spiral
spring breeze ending
STRANGEPROGRAM
The Devil Went Down To Georgia
The Ordeal Becomes Great
The Wait Of The World
THEME OF ONE PUNCH MAN
Unknown Soldier
Uranus
We Actually Made It to Andromeda
We Are Forever Friends
When Demons Awake
When Dragons Rule
Your Face Is History

This posts notes/thoughts:
4/11/17
I'm making a lot of creative files, and there's a bit more easier files this time around than Icy X.
4/20/17
I'm feeling bad about releasing a lot of my newer files, so I'm pulling 9 more files, and reconsidering the songs that I have in mind to step.
5/1/17
Added a DL link of all current files in added and removed. Feel free to split the files up as I have in this post if you like. I want to share what I have but at the same time I need to take a break from stepping. I will make more when the time is right for me. Thank you!
9/20/17
I'm quite certain what I need to do for this pack, but it's going to take a long time. The idea is I need to step more songs I'm personally passionate about. Which is easier said than done, the search is on! That being said patience is the biggest key to success for this pack right now. I'm 100% positive this pack will be something beautiful. There's definitely not a solid ETA for this pack, but I think 2 years from now might be ballparking it.

One last bit is a lot of people want to submit to this pack right now. Until I'm confident in what criteria I want for files for this pack, and have what I feel is near completion of the pack, I don't want to hold up your file in what could potentially be a very long waiting time for the pack to be released. Additionally in its current state of not having solid criteria I wouldn't want to hold your file a long time and then not use it.
I can chalk one criteria up right away though, since this is a requirement to myself as noted today:
You must be passionate about your song/file
11/13/17
Given enough time playing and thinking on my own files it becomes clearer to me what direction i should be taking the pack. The pack in its current state is along the lines of nuclear blast in difficulty, but the song selection and general theme is along the lines of icy x. Song selection is a very important part of what I do. Having too many resteps in a pack is unhealthy unless it's done right. I'll be trying to direct the pack away from such and will keep off on releasing the following: A Fool Moon Night, Blue Zenith, Ge4ce, Lawn Wake IV, Necrofantasia, Need The Speed, Organ Grinder, Rain, Romancecar, Speedcore Dandy, STRANGEPROGRAM, The Devil Went Down To Georgia. These 12 files are very well made and it pains me that I know I can't use all of them in the pack in its current state, but I need to focus on other things. This pack will become something incredible to me, it's already headed that way there's a lot of good things going on right now that I'm proud of.
My future plans with the pack are to create files that have well fleshed out themes similar to those resteps, but present new and interesting music. I've always enjoyed making files that are combo meat and there are some bits here and there that just aren't.
The immediate changes I have in this download are as follows:

a fool moon night
deleted challenge
revamped heavy to be jumpgluts instead of long jacks

ballisticbunny
fixed some inconsistencies in jacks in the 2nd half of the file, adjusted 2 triple note jacks to be double instead

big bad baby bowser
adjusted long jacks to be more jumpglut in final part of file, along with added 1 short bit of 32nds

black fire
removed a single jack that shouldn't have been there near the end of the file

cry for eternity
adjusted some awkard jacks, and redid an unfun trill in the middle of the file

death of the dead sea
turned creative fast stream thing that is actually not so fun into a jumptrillable roll

hyperion
big revamp, removed most long jacks, added a lot of extra arrows for more consistent difficulty, fixed some inconsistent layering, overall much better

megalovania
removed medium difficulty

speedcore dandy
added a difficulty
omegaspikes simfile but with mines everywhere!

12/29/17
Probably the last update for 2017 here! I've got a lot of thinking done for the pack, I know that I want this pack to be something great and hence why I'm certain it will take at least 1 to 2 more years before I can say it's near completion. I'm nowhere near the binge of quality output I was at when I made Icy X, that was a ridiculous project! So we're taking it slow and letting the feeling come back naturally, either another binge will come on, or we'll eventually work our way towards a complete project

I think I've figured out what I'll do with all the resteps I don't want in my main pack. I find that I still play a lot of them a lot and so I believe they are worth playing for others! I will release them, but in a separate pack entitled Icy Resteps or something along those lines, and not at the same time as release of icy x2. If Icy Resteps becomes a reality I want there to be plenty of stuff in it to constitute a download, which I think currently is capable of supporting itself as a restep project. Icy X2 initially started out as a plan to step 400 songs, and separate them into 3 catagories of packs and that idea was shit, but on a miniscale like this I think it works much better since i'll be pushing quality over quantity. TRUST

Progress is a journey and with some of these realizations I feel closer to being able to create the best version of this pack possible!

Last edited by Ristyy; 12-27-2019 at 11:20 PM..
Ristyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: Icy X2 progress

Awww too bad romancecar was pulled, that file is great!

Excited to see the pack though, the files are terrific so far.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hype
Old 04-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #4
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

what are you gonna do with the removed files quite a few of those are solid (from icyx2 preview pack)
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
Ristyy
FFR Player

The removed files this time around are actually pretty good imo, but not fitting for the theme of Icy X, I can release them in a separate pack. I've actually got a lot of files that are unreleased that I could make a pretty decent sized decent quality pack but it wouldn't be something that's like a main name pack, I feel iffy to release them, even though I personally enjoy them.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #6
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristyy View Post
The removed files this time around are actually pretty good imo, but not fitting for the theme of Icy X, I can release them in a separate pack. I've actually got a lot of files that are unreleased that I could make a pretty decent sized decent quality pack but it wouldn't be something that's like a main name pack, I feel iffy to release them, even though I personally enjoy them.
Maybe make a community pack and let people submit to it
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
Ristyy
FFR Player

Speaking of which!, Other than posting my files in the stepmania discord, I haven't publicly released any files here in a long time. Basically since Icy X so here's a file I just finished that I think a lot of people will enjoy. It's not the highlight of the pack atm, that honor goes to The Wait Of The World.

The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zk89mt...cyWorld%29.zip

I won't be releasing file by file in this thread like I did for Icy X. Overall files range from about this hard (there's 1 easier right now) to basically standard Icy X shenanigans. I won't release this pack until I have enough files on the harder side, even though I've made a lot of cool stuff lately, I still want this to be a pack that I can challenge myself for AA's instead of FC's.

Last edited by Ristyy; 05-2-2017 at 12:27 AM..
Old 05-8-2017, 07:10 PM   #8
Ristyy
FFR Player

I'm going to take a break from stepping for idk how long, gotta take some time and chill ya know. I want to share what I've made so far since icyx in 1 convenient dl, check op. Overall what's happening here is I'm not making the pack quite how I want it to be so maybe a break is needed.
Old 05-9-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Breaks always help.
Old 05-9-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

I stepped One Punch Man OP so I can't wait to see how bad mine is in comparison to yours ;D
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:28 AM   #11
Ristyy
FFR Player

I've updated the OP over time, and I think now is a good point to bump it to show some of the progress that's being made on the pack.

Relevant TL;DR info:
Pack ETA up to 2 years from now
50-60 files for Icy X2
Majority Marathon songs
Preferred music posted

playtesters, early access links are up to date! (still not official release but damn it's hard to hold stuff until release for me, it's like when you really gotta piss, so you do)

Icy Restep (separate pack) release after Icy X2 release, good distant future though.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited by Ristyy; 12-29-2017 at 03:32 AM..
Old 12-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #12
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Woo!
Old 12-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #13
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Go get em boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #14
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So my computer broke down yesterday, fingers crossed that I can get it up and running again, I didn't lose my progress on this pack very much as I have I uploaded to mega thankfully. I might have lost maybe 1 wip that could have been good for the pack but yeah this sucks

Also if anyone wants to or needs to contact me I can through pms on here at ffr for now, or this thread is fine too. Love you guys!

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 05-10-2018 at 03:00 PM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #15
dadcop2
FFR Player

are you surprised at all that your computer doesn't work when over half of your internet history's domains end in .jp
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #16
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

Lmao you got me there
Old 05-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #17
Kalre
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcop2 View Post
in .loli
Yes
Old 05-13-2018, 12:35 AM   #18
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Wait I thought this was a Ristyy pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:51 AM   #19
riktoi
FFR Player

Ristyy vs IcyWorld mega collab
riktoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #20
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

If anyone has my file for celestial stinger that might be the only finished file that might be lost forever, I haven't got word back yet if my computer has been fixed for or if I lost all my data yet. But I'm mostly prepared for the worst. If it is all gone that means I lost also my etterna data, wip for fields of despair, laeis 7 and 8, a pretty much completed younger brother song I can't remember the title of right now, and probably 1 other wip. Also I'd have to rebuild my songs to step folder, which a fresh start is probably good.