Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #41
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: New Veteran Status - Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
This all depends on what you guys see as a Veteran. Everyone has their own opinions but overall, isn't a Veteran good overall at something (FFR in this case)?

So I guess it should include everything. Time doesn't seem so necessary. There should be another rank, something like Family for time (joking). As for Veteran, AAAs, FCs, songs played, score gained etc... Should all count towards Veteran.

Even something like a total accumulated amount of credits should be accounted for and a certain MP rank (maybe). At least this way a True Veteran has had to be all over the site to be considered a Veteran.
I agree with this. A Veteran is only someone who is actually taking part is all aspects of the website. Even though credits is iffy because they come and go, and people can just lend people credits if they wanted.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #42
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
in order to be a veteran you had to have fought in the FFR civil war
~f0rUm WaRz~

If they could find a way to incorporate forum posts into the veteran equation it would make more sense to me, because shouldn't a veteran member be someone who contributes to the community and not just someone who has been around and has lots of points?
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #43
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
~f0rUm WaRz~

If they could find a way to incorporate forum posts into the veteran equation it would make more sense to me, because shouldn't a veteran member be someone who contributes to the community and not just someone who has been around and has lots of points?
Define contributing to the community. Do you mean such as, making songs and stepfiles for the game?
Old 11-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #44
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

There are so many aspects that should be brought into the equation... Having songs in the game, having a stepfile in the game, time, active time, posts, total score, average score?, what the community thinks of you,...... so many things just can't be calculated.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #45
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Right but it shouldn't be a popularity contest or some exclusive internet club. I just thought that people who contribute more should find it slightly easier to earn vet status.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #46
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Personally I don't think there should be any status at all. The Subscriber/Veteran Status should just be included by default with every profile. All players should be able to see other players statistics without having to be in a special group. There shouldn't be any grouping besides sim file authors, musicians, admins, etc.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #47
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
im pretty sure im past veteran status on any mark so i dont care lololol
pretty much this, haha. don't care what you guys do about requirements to achieve vet status.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #48
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
I agree with this. A Veteran is only someone who is actually taking part is all aspects of the website. Even though credits is iffy because they come and go, and people can just lend people credits if they wanted.
That's why I said "TOTAL accumulated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
Right but it shouldn't be a popularity contest or some exclusive internet club. I just thought that people who contribute more should find it slightly easier to earn vet status.
This isn't about who's the most coolest person, but it is nice to separate the people who talk out their ass versus someone whose "been there and done that" kind of thing.

It can be looked upon in a negative way, but I assume it's not being implemented not just so we can all be "i's part of cool veterins".
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #49
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

Veteran's don't need to participate in all parts of the site. A person could have struck an interest to the forums and contributed to the community a lot without playing a single game.

Someone else might have struck an interest in the ffr game and became one of the most played without posting in the forums once (zeuz should be a veteran for example).

Both seem like veterans to me. Devonin's formula is the best solution I've heard so far.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #50
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ View Post
What does time mean at all for this? So what if you visited this a couple years ago and joined. How does that determine you're a veteran? How does time have to do with anything about the features of being a veteran? May it be a restriction, yes. Should there be other means to obtain it? Of course. Devonin's idea is a median between all fields. If someone can mash out 4-7 billion points, they're obviously putting effort and work into it. Time = nothing. Just sits there and grows. How can you measure anything by that? The post thing I kinda disagree with but the forums are a major part of this site.
Exactly what I was thinking. People work their asses off on this game and there's nothing they can do about it but wait till they're 3 years which is pretty stupid imo. I was thinking to obtain veteran status if your under 3 years to raise the in-game requirements. Say your 1.19 years, that person must get 5 billion points. You get the idea
Old 11-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #51
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
This all depends on what you guys see as a Veteran. Everyone has their own opinions but overall, isn't a Veteran good overall at something (FFR in this case)?

So I guess it should include everything. Time doesn't seem so necessary. There should be another rank, something like Family for time (joking). As for Veteran, AAAs, FCs, songs played, score gained etc... Should all count towards Veteran.

Even something like a total accumulated amount of credits should be accounted for and a certain MP rank (maybe). At least this way a True Veteran has had to be all over the site to be considered a Veteran.
Would be a good way to look at it. If the veteran features have to do with the game, then obviously being good / devoted at the game should be the only factors that should be considered when considering whether or not they are a "veteran". How much has a person done in relation to the game in general would be a decent way to decide whether or not they deserve to have veteran status. Maybe one's total tier points and average rank could also add to the equation. Not saying one needs to have all of this stuff maxxed out or anything, but maybe small requirements in all fields (such as maybe 10,000 credits, 50 AAA's, 200 FC's, av under 5,000, etc) might be a good way to show a peson's all around devotion to the game.

Although, taking into consideration that a person might be VERY devoted to a certain aspect of the game, maybe veteran status could also be given to those who have much higher requirements in a particular field instead of smaller ones in all of them. Like, maybe a person plays for score on only a few songs, and they have like 15 billion points...I'd say they deserve veteran status just as much as someone who might only have 5 billion but a 200 average rank.

I am personally still against time, as it determines nothing aside from how long ago you made your account. I mean, in relation to FFR, joining any earlier doesn't have any effect on how GOOD a player is, or how much devotion a player has to the game. I mean, taking myself as an example, I joined in 2009...but my devotion to this game is still immense, and my stats show it. Should someone really have Veteran status over me JUST because they have had their account open longer?

At the very least, time could be measured in how many hours one has played FFR, or how many hours one is actively on FFR, aside from just allowing any account to build up time towards veteran status. At least this way it can be said that those who have veteran status due to time were active enough to earn the title.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #52
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

Don't bring av rank into this. You KNOW I have devotion towards the site, with my rank being 414 and having over 4000 posts and being here over 4 years.

Maybe some sort of ratio could work?
Like ___ points per _____ years or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #53
SeraphinEveles
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SeraphinEveles

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
Veteran's don't need to participate in all parts of the site. A person could have struck an interest to the forums and contributed to the community a lot without playing a single game.

Someone else might have struck an interest in the ffr game and became one of the most played without posting in the forums once (zeuz should be a veteran for example).

Both seem like veterans to me. Devonin's formula is the best solution I've heard so far.
this is what i agree with, and when i originally read teh post about teh veteran status, i thought it was going to be 3 years OR 3 billion points.

i've been around since jan 2007, but between work and school and many other hassles in my life, i havn't had time here and there. while i've submitted a few stepfiles to teh simfiledb (and a couple rejected ones to tass unfortunately), i havn't had the time to accumulate a 3billion point score.

heck, 2 years ago i was within the top 10000 players....

HA! Finally figured out how to get my Sig in purple, and show the stats i want.
I love knowing BBC.

Last edited by SeraphinEveles; 11-21-2010 at 01:00 PM..
SeraphinEveles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #54
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Don't bring av rank into this. You KNOW I have devotion towards the site, with my rank being 414 and having over 4000 posts and being here over 4 years.
So you don't go for average rank, but you are devoted in a few other areas of the site, this could still be a decent example of a veteran. Like, you have over 4000 forum posts which quite frankly I couldn't see myself doing in YEARS. This doesn't mean it still can't be part of the equation, as those who apply themselves strictly to average rank, or maybe those who only go for tier points, people trying to FC / AAA as much as possible, post in the forums all the time, get like 100 million points a day, etc. It could all be used to define a veteran, whether they are not as good, but try for them all, OR are devoted to a couple of them and dominate that category.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #55
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Being a veteran is tied in with being experienced. Time really should stay in the equation to some extent because there are aspects of the community/site that you do not grasp and become experienced with without being around for awhile and simply observing.

I like Devonin's idea because it aims for equal opportunity in the areas that best measure someone's overall experience around the site -- Time, devotion to the game, and devotion to the forums.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #56
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Veteran - a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation or particular field (in this case FFR)

In my opinion, we already have means of seeing who's the better FFR player. We already have means of seeing who posts the most and is most active on forums. I think the "Veteran" status should stay simple how it is. (Although I can understand how that would be frustrating if say you've been a member for 2 years and you're extremely active; while all you can do is wait another year helplessly).
ChrisReams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #57
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

The term veteran refers to the amount of time spent, so I do believe time should play a part in it. On the other hand, I think that there are those who have accomplished a lot in a short period of time.

My suggestion is to get it after a certain time period, but also have another factor come into play if a person has not met the time criteria.

Another thing, just for thought, is to set up some sort of voting system where Veterans could click a botton on someones profile or under their avatar in the forums for example, which could either subtract the amount of time it takes that person to reach Veteran status or just to make a certain number of votes the target. It's just a random idea I thought of, but seeing how it COULD go horribly wrong (like alts voting for the main account) I'm not sure how it would work out.

Quote:
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Quote:
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #58
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The term veteran refers to the amount of time spent, so I do believe time should play a part in it. On the other hand, I think that there are those who have accomplished a lot in a short period of time.

My suggestion is to get it after a certain time period, but also have another factor come into play if a person has not met the time criteria.

Another thing, just for thought, is to set up some sort of voting system where Veterans could click a botton on someones profile or under their avatar in the forums for example, which could either subtract the amount of time it takes that person to reach Veteran status or just to make a certain number of votes the target. It's just a random idea I thought of, but seeing how it COULD go horribly wrong (like alts voting for the main account) I'm not sure how it would work out.
I think that feature would only be allowed to a select few.

On another note, I think EVERYONE is misreading the fact of everything. Our opinions are being said as min. standards I supposed, such as what I posted. There are occasions stated above that people deserve Veteran Status.

But as a standard, everything should be involved for the average player to acquire Veteran Status. I do believe they're exceptions for those who help the community greatly without having the requirements.
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #59
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

I'm diggin' it. (;

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #60
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

To be perfectly honest, I think the Veteran Status is way too easy to obtain.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote