Old 02-8-2018, 04:10 AM   #1
jvizzlez
King of Terrible Accuracy
FFR Veteran

Default AAAing

Now that FFR Air is out, I was planning on AAAing the easier/easiest files in FFR, working my way up all the difficulties, as many have done before. The problem I have is that these files are really boring to me. The absence of random horrible lag will help immensely, but even assuming I AAA every single file I play, it would take me forever to AAA even a small chunk of the songs on FFR, and I can't help but feel like I'll inevitably get bored and go back to playing harder files.

For those of you that have made the journey before, or those that have done similar on SM/etc., do you have any tips that could help me maintain my sanity? My plan right now is to AAA anywhere from between 30 minutes to an hour or so a day, breaking up the payload by quite a bit, and perhaps occasionally going back to play harder files.

And I really don't mean any offense to those that have made these files, I respect the amount of effort that goes into charting songs, but playing files like Power for a good hour or so... may have me dozing off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
This game looks like twitch chat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
according to the 10k rule im a double master in masturbation
jvizzlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 05:05 AM   #2
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

Default Re: AAAing

-Queuing songs can reduce the load times and the decisions made.
-Sorting your levelranks by rank will give you the songs you need to work on most
-Try not to treat it like a chore, forget the numbers. If you're always looking forward to seeing those stats at the end, you'll never enjoy the time you spend getting them. (Multiplayer can aid with keeping your mind set in the present)

I've AAA'd every file 1-70
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

yah i had 1300 aaas once upon a time myself too and I gotta say I've attempted to reget a lot of them and idk how I did the first time cause it is mad boring...

moria gave some good tips, just play you're worst rank or if you're like me look for the "shortest" songs to aaa first
-Blue7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Best you don't force it. Set a daily goal or something. Skip the legacy files because psure they won't be in your public ranks much longer.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-8-2018 at 11:55 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Its something you have to want in my opinion. I've cleared upto 50 with one 43 being an exception. I enjoy doing this, I don't like mashing through songs that are out of my league so playing easier files for the AAA is frustrating but the best path for my enjoyment.

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
Ristyy
FFR Player

Do like 30 a day and you'll be done in a reasonable time, remember you'll probably start to struggle after like 500 or 600 songs since they will become more challenging, so the boring part won't last as long as initially expected
Ristyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 01:27 PM   #7
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

30 a day? jesus

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I usually would get 20-25 a day
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 01:35 PM   #9
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I sort my level ranks by difficulty. I play a song once. I either AAA,or go to the next song. It helps the sanity and you don't develop mind blocks as often.
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 02:05 PM   #10
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

don't start at the bottom and work your way up from there, you'll tire out incredibly quickly...this isn't something I'd done myself since there was only an eighth or so of public files in game compared to now when I first started playing for AAAs, so I didn't experience burnout or anything, but I'd try creating batches of five charts of varying difficulty

pick something free in the 1-10 range, pick something relatively challenging for your level of play but certainly obtainable within a few tries at most, and then partition out three more files within that range separated in difficulty approximately equally

e.g. something like a 6, a 20, a 33, a 47, and a 60, if 60 was the 'challenging' cap

play a batch or two a day like that, more if you feel like it...the nice thing is that FFR chart difficulty distribution is relatively normal in that there are few very easy and very hard charts, most charts being in the old VD/C/VC range...even the most talented players can agree that charts in that range have potential to be quite fun when blowing past them for AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 02-8-2018 at 02:06 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 02:11 PM   #11
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
don't start at the bottom and work your way up from there, you'll tire out incredibly quickly...this isn't something I'd done myself since there was only an eighth or so of public files in game compared to now when I first started playing for AAAs, so I didn't experience burnout or anything, but I'd try creating batches of five charts of varying difficulty

pick something free in the 1-10 range, pick something relatively challenging for your level of play but certainly obtainable within a few tries at most, and then partition out three more files within that range separated in difficulty approximately equally

e.g. something like a 6, a 20, a 33, a 47, and a 60, if 60 was the 'challenging' cap

play a batch or two a day like that, more if you feel like it...the nice thing is that FFR chart difficulty distribution is relatively normal in that there are few very easy and very hard charts, most charts being in the old VD/C/VC range...even the most talented players can agree that charts in that range have potential to be quite fun when blowing past them for AAA
Good advice for real. There's going to be a range of difficulties where maintaining focus is such a chore that you can only tolerate 1 to 2 charts at a time before going insane or losing focus altogether and making a mistake.

One day when the game runs properly for me I'll go after AAAs again, it's fun to see how far you can go with it.
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 02:11 PM   #12
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
30 a day? jesus
30 a day isnt really that bad lol. Especially when you have really low levels and/or pretty short songs under 2 minutes.
Old 02-8-2018, 02:13 PM   #13
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

Utilize the filters to only show songs equal to or less than 90 seconds, there's your tv size aaa farm
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 02:23 PM   #14
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Pretty much haha
Old 02-8-2018, 03:59 PM   #15
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post

shit i wish i'd done this
Old 02-8-2018, 04:05 PM   #16
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
shit i wish i'd done this
Me too, that might have saved the time I wasted just spacing out, and zoning into another reality during every song I played!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2018, 10:40 PM   #17
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Do yourself a favor and don't try to AAA more than one or two Synth files a day.

RenegadeLucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2018, 12:49 AM   #18
jvizzlez
King of Terrible Accuracy
FFR Veteran

I thank everyone for all of the really helpful tips. I tried starting yesterday, and even though I got probably 10-20 new AAAs, I really did get bored quickly... what's worse, is that when I went back to play harder files I felt like my accuracy had gotten even worse! I started toying with my offsets some more, still looking for a good range. I can't do the old right click thing in the post-song scoreboard anymore, it doesn't show me my offset, so I have to go by feel.

I guess one more question I have is in regards to FFR's timing window. 3 frames to hit a perfect, right? Then I guess amazing is 1 frame? How does this compare to SM's j4 settings for marvs/perfects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
This game looks like twitch chat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
according to the 10k rule im a double master in masturbation
jvizzlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2018, 07:40 AM   #19
Dynam0
The Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvizzlez View Post
I guess one more question I have is in regards to FFR's timing window. 3 frames to hit a perfect, right? Then I guess amazing is 1 frame? How does this compare to SM's j4 settings for marvs/perfects?
It's difficult to compare but with optimal offset settings and frame ratios (bpms that are multiples of 75 iirc) I would approximate it to be somewhere in between Judge 6 and 7 in SM timing.

OWA would be a better person to answer that one

Last edited by Dynam0; 02-9-2018 at 07:44 AM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #20
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Personally I just did it. Not much to it every rank drop was satisfying. I usually set super arbitrary goals that make me feel good like "AAA 1% of the files" or "AAA all 1-5 difficulty" then they evolve as I progress.

A good example is when I did the grind for highest daily score: "yay im at 10%", "aight 300Mil reached" etc.

Everybody's different though.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote