Old 05-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #561
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
It's just strange that backpack is trying to transpire some sort of controversy out of what freezin said. I remember in Tps' game, backpack was a wolf who was super insightful for the humans. So it's strange to me to see him chiming in and attacking freezing like this.
Oh I guess we mindmeld on the concern of DaBackpack, but not so much on the Freezin part. This helps.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #562
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I mindmeld with myself, it's crazy I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #563
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I have a nice multi quote post ready to go once lunch hits.

I'm going to crash hard when I'm home from school but I will be on through EoD. For those of you concerned about my DotA problem, my friends don't get on until like 9 server time and even then I will dismiss them.

For those that have been concerned about my lack of thread presence I'm recent games, I hope you will find my contributions this game as a return to form. Last turbo would have been more like this if the fuckin servers didn't keep going down when I wanted to post. Still clenched the win though on the coinflip gambit. Lul
Old 05-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #564
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
todays the day i do everyone a service and go for the volume tell attempt.

because everyone thinks im scum when i dont find time to post a ton and constantly call my contributions into question when theres 5 people with less posts than the host
Admitting what you're doing here Freezin....? :thinking:

I found your spurt of morning postings to be a bit odd. You were mostly just talking to yourself and making a lot of content to read without generating any interactions. Seems like you might have been going for your "volume tell" in an easy way that doesn't involve potentially slipping since you are just talking to yourself.

And now you've voted for multiple inactives, and you don't really seem to care which one of us dies. Fishing to see which vote might stick so you can get a mislynch? :thinking:

Quote:
tbh i felt a bit grimy with my activity being touch and go early on this phase yet making bold callouts on people's contributions.

you take that to a whole new level of hypocrisy tho =o
Don't you think it would be easier to read me if I contributed a bit more??? That's all I was saying to the other players. I haven't had time to be pouring over the thread constantly, so rather than having pages full of small posts with random content from you who has already posted a lot I would like to see more from the other players. I don't really care if it's hypocritical

Quote:
OHHHHHHHHHH BABY MY EGO IS GROWING OUT OF CONTROL.
Freezin, stap. click the link this was in reference to his open woofing which he has been doing in previous games and probably also in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #565
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

@freezin After sleeping on it I really doubt that our conversation is actually going to be productive for either of us even if we continue it. What it comes down to is that I am from DM and it is a very different environment. In DM there are few roles and no card flips so things are rarely ever confirmed to be real information. As such I have to rely on my opinions of interactions and reads on emotion to get me through and most of that comes down to finding the most likely scenario in an interaction and fitting it into a nice neat package unless I need to open it again. I understand that forum is very different and this is a mystery game no less so there are likely many roles as well as cardflips so there will be plenty of information later but as of now there is none of that so it's fairly safe for me to treat this as a DM game for now. Even when hard information starts coming out I doubt it will change how I play much but at that point it will be less because I believe it's right and more because I'm too used to it after literally hundreds of games. It'll have to be something I watch later. I'll keep answering your questions that pertain to reads but will probably ignore questions that just boil down to playstyle because I know you aren't going to convince me to change how I play and I seriously doubt I'll change how you play so while the conversation is nice to get some perspective, I think everything of worth on the subject has been said.

@MML you brought up that haku/blind could still be w/w or w/t and like I have said it's not impossible just improbable. It's enough for me to consider them innocent until proven guilty. That doesn't mean they can't be proven guilty it just means that I trust my read enough to evaluate what they are saying as if it is coming from a town unless something happens to where I need to change my mind. Something like a sharp unexplained drop in activity or a really weird interaction would have to happen but if time goes on and no sirens go off I won't be re-evaluating on them for a long time.

In response to people disliking me calling DBP probably town for having similar reads to me (which I still haven't gone back and fact checked btw) I'm really surprised. This is not an uncommon read. Mindmelding is a good way to put it. If we tend to agree on stuff and I have no reason to believe he is just sheeping my reads (and again, haven't gone back over it yet but if I'm being accused of sheeping he probably gave the reads before me) he is probably town because it means we are in the same mindset.

Going to wait to react to roundbox until he drops his reads list
Old 05-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #566
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I have a final at 3 (server time) so I'm going to limit my activity and wait to get a real reads list started until after that but I'll still be around. Just not going to get in any long conversations with a player for now
Old 05-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #567
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was my last day of school, sat through 14 hours of student films, followed by drinking. I'll be headed to the airport today at 7pm SERVER time, but i'll have the next few hours to catch up. Gonna grab breakfast then read.

Thanks for your patience.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #568
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
if [Haku] were to drop off i'd start to wonder but as long as he keeps up this content flow i'll keep drinking it up
Would be reading this as wolfy but I don't believe tokzic is the player to coach his partner in this way. However not sure wehy tokzic is reading haku town at this point, nothing you have said (unless i missed it) has been noticable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I truly have faith you can actually play the game right and be one of FFR's best players yet you always just fucking don't.
pocket attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
tl;dr: I just feel insulted at how easily I'm getting town read.
Tokzics town read on you is suspicious, but I'm reading you wolfy.

But tokzics response to you makes me pretty confident you and tozkic are not wolf/wolf.

Quote:
MML, I am a wolf. You have solved me. Please just vote me and move on with the rest of the game. Let's stop a moment and contemplate your victory.
wolfy haku being haku

Quote:
Massive reads list post
MML If you post a full on reads list in a game like this THIS early, you are probably a wolf.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #569
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
I almost feel like replacing out holy shit this is garbage.
Okay if you actually are going to be bitching about this please don't play twg ever. I can't stand people who replace out because they can't read other people the way they want them to be read. Grow up.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #570
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Savage
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #571
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
DBP is also a wolf
This read came outta fucking nowhere?

Quote:
I don't trust anyone who writes this off as t/t. Faking a reaction like this is not as hard as you think. If you have that read for longer than a half a day I'll be looking at you questioningly
poor read, but dig the enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
this is a really suspicious reaction to a simple, common sentiment
Mindmeld. But I don't think I see it as wolfy as you do at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
It's just strange that backpack is trying to transpire some sort of controversy out of what freezin said.
It's not strange at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I also typically have more to go on because I know the setup.
Manti is town.
Wolf manti is way more agressive early d1. (Just look at his stuff from like 2-3 years ago)

Quote:
anime gifs
xelnya that u?

Quote:
haku and blind never on a wolf team together based on interactions at #340
Not sure if I like this from you, thinking aobut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I'm liking my soundwave vote and would like more people to weight in
He has done nothing up to this point where im reading. Literally white noise, not a bad d1 lynch so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
I thought over it some more and I actually don't think that mafia Haku would ever go on mafia Blind like he did. I think Haku would have just let it slide in that situation
How many games with haku have you played? I'd like you to answer this plz.

[pg 22-23 was pretty much all white noise]

Quote:
If there is one thing I am willing to cut myself and swear on the blood of my family on in this game it's that the way Haku approaches the game infuriates me to no end. You've seen it happen in enough games we've played together that this accusation smells of try-hard.
This actually makes me believe that because you don't like haku's playstyle, you think he is wolf, and I think your reasoning behind it is blinded by your anger. Which makes me think you are more town then not for now.

Quote:
setting down the framework so you can come back to blind if he becomes a wagon?
I like this read from you, but this post was to see if anyone else liked it or not, and nobody really said anything to it. Keep tryin.

Quote:
It's less them arguing and more how they argued.

Assume w/w:

blahblahblah

Assume w/t:

blahblahblah
Towny

Quote:
I would be interested to know how many wolves people think are among actives/inactives
This shouldn't be where your mind should be at the moment in the game. This is something that should be more of a thing d3 (prob d2 even) Wolfy.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #572
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
I have played quite a bit of live with blind. I feel like I understand his personality fairly well and that bewilderment that I mentioned is something that I think is very real from him. Haku I didn't remember existed but apparently I've played with him (sry again). From what I can gather he seems very obsessed with his own play and how people see him and players like that tend to care about their own appearance care about their partners appearance as well so I feel like I have a decent idea of how he would react in that situation. It's less that I know their individual playstyle and more that I know how stereotypes of people play and I can fit Haku into one of thoes stereotypes
All I can really say to this is that people play very different on forum then live. This feels a bit more wolfy then not, feels like more filler then anything.

Quote:
I don't want to believe that tiloco knows how I play to this point. I feel like the goal behind what he's saying has nothing to do with me.
When people say "why is nobody scum reading me" or has a strong defense like this to everything that usually means they are scum.

Quote:
cold kitten

get at me boys
Probably the worst person you could vote at this moment, stop this.

Quote:
If Cold Kitten never made another post, when would you feel ok lynching her haku?
fucking stop

Quote:
Lynching inactives is what you do when you feel like you're not going to hit a wolf D0.

It's a good backup strategy
NO DONT LISTEN TO FREEZIN this is a shitty strat lmfao

Quote:
mello

where you at gurl
FreezinIce this game is kinda like watching those sports bloopers at a baseball game when nobody is paying attention or using the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I would like to state that this isn't The Haku Show starring Haku (with special guest Haku)
I lol'd

Old 05-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #573
Xiz
TWG Chaos

freezinice

simply for the trash votes, and getting haku involved in that. I'm starting to think that MML might just be voting through emotion over logic.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #574
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Actually no the whole long readslist thing is still really wolfy from mml.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #575
Xiz
TWG Chaos

im sad i wont be here much longer and wont be here until after eod and nobody is here

Old 05-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #576
Xiz
TWG Chaos

well at least yoshl is viewing the thread HI CANADA

Old 05-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #577
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

we should play a game where we all roleplay as haku....

Quote:
Old 05-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #578
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

@Xiz we seem to be mindmelding a bit during your last series of posts. Freezin is being quite silly imo

I am slightly suspicious of Lar because while it seems clear he is emotional and invested in the game it's hard to tell if that is genuine. Wolves can try to appear human by displaying false frustration at the game, and the amount of frustration Lar has been displaying seems a bit much for the state of the game so far. Seems like he could be putting on a bit of a show. I also thought that his reads post reeks of try harding

Blind and Tiloco seem the most towny to me so far based on their tone and contributions.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #579
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
we should play a game where we all roleplay as haku....
Anon game??
Old 05-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #580
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Content like this scares me because I can't put myself in your shoes and describe why I would post that to help town understand my headspace.

It's like you're backpedaling in your own thought. You're giving us the impression that you think he's not as towny as he should be, but you just go up and say that he feels town to you.

What was the point of that post?
This post makes me like Haku. If Haku is a wolf, I could also see this as a w/w interaction too. Not likely at this juncture but it is some food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
Sorry homies I've been mad busy IRL. I'll be reading the thread and forming some thoughts this afternoon.

Just want to point out that try-harding with a huge readslist like MML has done so early in the game is usually more wolfy than not... just my two cents. Many of the people he included in the list are just null to him so why even include them? I always do a big reads list like that as a wolf
Yeah but your meta != MMLs meta. MML not posting a reads list is of concern. He always irons one out. Am I the only one giving him a soft town read? Also I felt like I town read you well last game so I hope I can do that again this game. The amount of times I thought you were a wolf, I have been dead wrong.

Quote:
This is relatively normal for him based on his recent game @ Fall of An Empire.

FreezinIce/LightKnight/mellonxcollie/tokzic/Dabackpack/roundbox were also in that game and had the opportunity to play with him aside from me.

He's worth keeping an eye on, but he's kinda tricky to evaluate right. I needed a lot of time with him to get a clue that he was actually town in this game and I've been mostly wrong about him by reading by activity/actions/intentions.

What kept him in the game was the activity/game solving intentions, but it's like he was stuck in a bad situation. Well, he can probably explain his own game better himself if that matters.

tl;dr: He's hard to read imo.
Mmmmmmmmindmeld

Quote:
nice to know its easy to buy a townread from you just by agreeing with whatever your saying
These two are never partners LMAO

Quote:
roundbox come baccckkkkk

what if i told you, you would die 100% of the time if you dont have at least 30 content filled posts by the end of the day.

do you think you would make it
Yes, but it is not in my prerogative to cause people to poke and prod me for activity. I understand that it I fully try in a game I can typically have a substantial effect, but it seems people are using this against me. Tiloco expecting a D0 reads list is slightly optimistic for me in a game of this size, but I will see what I can glean and uncover after my nap.

Quote:
k i think ive regained the will to grind max yen in Persona 5 again.

i'll serenade you guys with my presence later

as always, leave your thoughts/feedback/petty complaints about my play and i will serve you in the order they were received
I am biased to say I find Freezin's ability to play this game with the zeal he has AND break from Persona 5 is a very difficult effort. I don't think a three wolf game streak Freezin does this. I also speak from the crippling effect that P5 has on your ability to do anything else. Game is stupid amazing.

Quote:
hey MML can you honestly tell me you dont look back at the times when roundbox was actually a driving force in TWG and really wish he'd finally step his game up and play like he means it again???

if my post seemed like it was threatening him, its because it is. im tired of watching him coast through games and not contribute his thoughts unless they get pulled out like wisdom teeth
like dis if I cry evertim

I have had thoughts in this game, I just didn't expect to be out until 3:30 on a school night so I had to wait until this morning to express my thoughts. This just happened to be after you posted your threat. Historically, my D0s have typically been my worst so this isn't too far out of the ordinary for me.
Closed Thread