Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2016, 01:15 PM   #121
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The election

I'm going to leave this video here. This guy sums up some lessons from this election very well in my opinion.

DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #122
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
He changed his stance on that and said he wants to keep some of it.
i sincerely doubt this given his first 100 days thing and the fact that republicans won all three major things
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #123
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
i sincerely doubt this given his first 100 days thing and the fact that republicans won all three major things
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he decides to keep the provisions that allow children to stay on their parents' health plans until age 26 and prevent insurance companies from denying coverage to those with preexisting conditions; from what I can tell, they've enjoyed a fairly bipartisan support among the electorate.

The exchanges themselves are definitely going ka-put though, and most likely medicaid expansion as well.

Last edited by IamMe90; 11-12-2016 at 06:55 PM..
IamMe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #124
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMe90 View Post
ka-put
FUBAR.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:40 AM   #125
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

I did not support either candidate but honestly having Trump make a fool out of the news and such was fantastic. Not that it's hard...

By the way, everyone is going to be fine. You're all fine.

Last edited by G.S.M; 11-13-2016 at 12:41 AM..
G.S.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:45 AM   #126
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Does the lame duck period for Obama start now until January whenever? I did quite poorly in my government class because I simply don't care.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:17 AM   #127
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

Braindeadx69
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #128
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Does the lame duck period for Obama start now until January whenever? I did quite poorly in my government class because I simply don't care.

-o24
if you listen to congress he's been a lame duck ever since reelection

but actually, this is also the time for him to make any last-ditch efforts he can muster from purely executive power. reversing things could reflect badly on trump
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:13 PM   #129
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I'm going to leave this video here. This guy sums up some lessons from this election very well in my opinion.

Saw this on facebook. Good shit.

There was no politics here people, just good old sociology.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #130
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S.M View Post
I did not support either candidate but honestly having Trump make a fool out of the news and such was fantastic. Not that it's hard...

By the way, everyone is going to be fine. You're all fine.
this is easy to say but I have very close friends who have literally received death threats over their perceived race/religion

since Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #131
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
this is easy to say but I have very close friends who have literally received death threats over their perceived race/religion

since Wednesday
tell those close friends to start carrying things to defend themselves with
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #132
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
tell those close friends to start carrying things to defend themselves with
yeah of course but I'm just saying that "you're all fine" isn't as realistic as it might sound

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-13-2016, 10:19 PM   #133
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
I have friends of all different races/religions and neither I or any of them has ever received a "death threat". What does that even mean? Like what exactly did they say? I'm gonna kill you because you're ______ race/religion? Lol.... yeah that just seems really weird to me... I mean it's America 2016. If it was said on the internet who cares, was probably just some dumb kid or old racist person raging on the keyboard. People are so over dramatic these days. "You're all fine".
It absolutely fucking happens in real life, and I'm glad you haven't had to experience it, but "people are so over dramatic these days" really? People are scared for their fucking lives here.

I have a friend who works at the supermarket and was wearing hijab and was told, and I quote, "If Trump gets elected I will kill you"

And I didn't witness this happen, I'm relying on what they told me, so if you want to say "lol that never happened, go back to Tumblr", here are some things I HAVE witnessed since the election

* A confederate flag hung on the walls of a prominent mosque on Wednesday
* A person shouting "leave the country" to my Muslim friend (in public!)

I live in Atlanta, so it's not like these behaviors are limited to rednecks in the Midwest.

More sources:
https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/20...180840470.html
http://www.complex.com/life/2016/11/...ection-victory

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:

Last edited by DaBackpack; 11-13-2016 at 10:23 PM..
Old 11-13-2016, 10:34 PM   #134
ifeelit
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol im with sanji, plus, why start drama or these type of forums here of all places where u know ur gonna stir up sh*t lol lets just smash some keys
Old 11-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #135
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

are you two the same person?

I'm not tryna stir up drama, my point is just that if it was just that Trump was elected I wouldn't be -horribly- worried, but it seems like his election has emboldened closet racists to do terrible things

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 PM   #136
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I have a friend who works at the supermarket and was wearing hijab and was told, and I quote, "If Trump gets elected I will kill you"
That seems like it's not what it seems.

Given the lack of any logical sense it would make to kill someone just because of Donald Trump being elected (laws regarding murder obviously won't change), it would make sense to think that he is in his own world of delusions. I think, that due to the sudden bandwagon of outspoken hatred driven by individuals believing that Donald Trump wanting to deport all Muslims was abhorrence towards terrorism, murder, and torture in the name of God (which is often believed to be ONLY by Muslims), they ended up generalizing their hatred. The hatred is due to misconceptions or just plain ignorance. Donald Trump caused it, but not on purpose. Humans, ESPECIALLY older people, make mistakes. Donald Trump isn't used to the constant publicity and needing to speak in front of thousands/millions can really screw with you and cause you to say what you mean but with bad phrasing. He doesn't want his citizens killing each other after he's become The President, but he can't help it because of the slip ups he's had with his phrasing. I live with two Donald Trumps (my parents who are in their high 60's), who hold similar beliefs. I notice that a lot of the time, they talk but they speak in such misunderstand able ways that if I didn't read between the lines I would hate them for their views on life. This is what I believe.

On another note, I heard an interesting line from GradeAunderA, (while on a random video spree), which I would like to have discussed. He stated that hypocrisy was in the air because the Clinton supporters rioting so heavily contradicted the common thought they supposedly had when Trump said he wouldn't concede should he lose the election. Hillary Clinton conceded, amiable, I must admit, but everyone protesting currently contradicted their own beliefs that the loser should concede by rioting because the one they rooted for lost. What do you think of this?

Jeez I spent an hour on that post.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 11-13-2016 at 11:19 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:54 PM   #137
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
I have friends of all different races/religions and neither I or any of them has ever received a "death threat". What does that even mean? Like what exactly did they say? I'm gonna kill you because you're ______ race/religion? Lol.... yeah that just seems really weird to me... I mean it's America 2016. If it was said on the internet who cares, was probably just some dumb kid or old racist person raging on the keyboard. People are so over dramatic these days. "You're all fine".
You live in a fairly liberal part of the country, so I'm not surprised you haven't experienced this. Also, whether or not you've experienced or witnessed a death threat does not mean that they do not happen. They do, they are reported on, and sometimes they result in death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeelit View Post
lol im with sanji, plus, why start drama or these type of forums here of all places where u know ur gonna stir up sh*t lol lets just smash some keys
This is a thread about the election. Electoral politics are almost inherently dramatic and certainly contentious. If you don't want to deal with drama, maybe don't post shit in a thread about US elections?
IamMe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:57 AM   #138
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hey Sanjixcon/ifeelit, even though this isn't a critical thinking thread, it's still not a Skype chatroom either. Also, you're welcome to disagree with other people's viewpoints, but your dismissive tone is something you should set aside. That in combination with the myriad of low-content posting just dilutes the conversation - a conversation that many others do take seriously.

Last edited by bmah; 11-14-2016 at 12:59 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:05 AM   #139
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
On another note, I heard an interesting line from GradeAunderA, (while on a random video spree), which I would like to have discussed. He stated that hypocrisy was in the air because the Clinton supporters rioting so heavily contradicted the common thought they supposedly had when Trump said he wouldn't concede should he lose the election. Hillary Clinton conceded, amiable, I must admit, but everyone protesting currently contradicted their own beliefs that the loser should concede by rioting because the one they rooted for lost. What do you think of this?

Jeez I spent an hour on that post.
The only people I see who care about the fact that she lost specifically (as opposed to caring about Trump winning) care about the fact that she won the popular vote by what's estimated to be a record high margin, which you can argue however you please about our current electoral system.

The remainder (and majority) of people rioting were probably in the Sanders-turned-reluctant-Clinton camp, and are more concerned about Trump's rhetoric or the implications/aftermath of someone with such a rhetoric winning than concession. I also don't think any of these people predicted or expected Trump supporters to accept a Trump loss peacefully FWIW.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:16 AM   #140
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Hey Sanjixcon/ifeelit, even though this isn't a critical thinking thread, it's still not a Skype chatroom either. Also, you're welcome to disagree with other people's viewpoints, but your dismissive tone is something you should set aside. That in combination with the myriad of low-content posting just dilutes the conversation - a conversation that many others do take seriously.
Thanks.

I'm not particularly invested myself, but still.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote