Old 07-3-2016, 04:18 PM   #81
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Quick Credit Nab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funiax View Post
There better be something more clever I'm missing

This replay made me want to punch something. This is correct. Congrats. And sadly, there is hardly anything clever with this riddle. This was supposed to be very, very quick.

I am making a new event with a larger credit pool that will be much more simple and clear. And honestly, I think it will be way more fun too.

One last solver and the event will officially close.

Last edited by Xenorosth; 07-3-2016 at 04:25 PM..
Xenorosth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2016, 05:58 PM   #82
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

even when I see four correct answers in front of me I still have no freaking idea how the riddle leads to them

RenegadeLucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2016, 10:53 PM   #83
AD4M-V
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm confused, but here's an attempt for the last slot.
AD4M-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2016, 11:02 PM   #84
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Don't forget to post the answer once the contest is over.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-4-2016, 05:09 AM   #85
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
Don't forget to post the answer once the contest is over.
Yes, I was asleep, so I couldn't end it right away. Congrats AD4M-V for solving the puzzle! This concludes this event! Credits have been distributed. Congrats to our winners! A cute thing to do is to hover over the replay if it's R3. You'll notice that all of the solutions are difficulty 32.

Prepare yourselves. I'm not done! The next even will be just as challenging as this, if not more so! I will be far more clear with this event. It was a good experience doing this, because I would like to practice on event making for fun.

Now! For those who don't have the answer, let me explain the riddle.

Quote:
Can't we use something else? She put a triangle in the parabola, one point on the ****, and made the other's somewhere on each side. She than said that using theta, we can create some sort of measurement that would show us the distance. She said the answer could be anything depending on the parabola, but because I knew the distance formula I knew the solution was half as hard as it seemed. Her method was so screwy, I tried and STILL failed.
TLDR: Fail a song with difficulty half as hard as VBeta. 64/2 = 32

There are four key points to this riddle, and almost everyone got at least one of them, which is that they were supposed to fail the song. That was due to the very last two words, "STILL failed".

The other think that was commonly picked up was the censored word. There is a reason why it was censored. To make a small distinction from a later part. This word was "Vertex", and was given away with the word "Theta" above it. With these two, there were quite a few answers of simply failing Vertex Beta. However, this can't be the answer due to the nature of the contest. There are multiple songs where the answer can be made.

Queue in the next significant part. "The solution was half as hard as it seemed". This, in short, is a warning to not get focused in Math rhetoric. It, in short, meant that there was no crazy, crazy formula or terminology to get to this answer. This eliminates the possibility for "math term related" songs to fit. Power, for example, is a math term. This section isn't quite vital to the riddle, but it was supposed to push people away from any sort of math-y answers.

And lastly, lets address the final part "half as hard". Given that we know the Censored word is Vertex, the song of selection can only be one of two things. Vertex Beta, and Vertex Beta VROFL. What people did was half the rate, and it was a shame how close they were, because they had all the pieces, but didn't put them together because there was one tiny detail. "You cannot copy each other's replays". I had to clarify this a bit before hand that you can't be on the same song. Instead of halving the rate, they were supposed to half the difficulty. Vertex Beta is difficulty 64 and VROFL is 999. Halving VROFL gives you a difficulty that doesn't exist in the game, but Vertex Beta gives you a difficulty 32, which gives you a set of 12 songs. Combining with what we previously know, you can pick any of these songs, then fail, and you get the solution. I made the pool large enough that anyone one of the five solutions would have plenty of choice.
Old 07-5-2016, 09:27 AM   #86
portalbob340
D4 Sub-par Keymasher
FFR Veteran

My guesses were all either complete guessing or based only off past correct answers.

9th Official - Division 2 - 14th Place
Timebomb Tournament - Division 3 - 5th (of 7)
One Division Higher Tournament - Division 3 - 3rd
One Division Higher Tournament - Division 3 (+1) - 5th
Tournament of Champions -Division 3 - 4th
10th Official - Division 3 - 15th
Helping Hand Tournament - Division 3 - oops
portalbob340 is offline   Reply With Quote