Old 05-14-2017, 12:00 AM   #1021
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

In the night...

Hakulyte has died. His role PM is contained beneath the spoiler

Hakulyte, you are Sully. You are a town aligned Neighbor. You share a private chat with [REDACTED], but you are given no information of their alignment by a game moderator. During the pregame confirmation phase, you may discuss with [REDACTED] where you want your private chat do be, but it must be in a location where Yoshl and I can access and view it. When you have decided the location, you may hold game relevant conversation in this chat at all times, including during the pregame confirmation phase.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

roundbox has died. His role PM is contained beneath the spoiler.

Roundbox, you are Panne. You are Vanilla Town.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Additionally, the OP now contains a list of Fire Emblem Awakening characters, as well as clarification on what happens if a player does not meet the 5 contentful post minimum.

Day 1 will last 48 hours ending at midnight server time, Monday, May 15th.

Day 1 begins now.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:00 AM   #1022
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

YOU ALWAYS FUCKING CLAIM WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE LYNCHED, WHAT THE FUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #1023
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

pre-wrote the following

i fucking collided with a street lamp last night and i have some lumps now, gg me

i half lied about associatives: i still hate them but i'm keeping a list as i go this time instead of trying to reread the entire thread and do it like in turbo 8, and here's what i have

haku/blind not w/w from early interactions
haku/tiloco not w/w from their overnight conversation
tiloco/xiz not w/w from tiloco continuing to suspect xiz even given xiz's slank
raeko/freezin not w/w from raeko picking on freezin's "as a wolf" post
freezin/xiz not w/w from xiz extended push?
dbp/freezin not w/w from comment about abrasiveness or something and dbp's comment about an overreaction to calling interactions t/t

re: xiz @ 800, would call white noise town for mml - he was a wolf in dreamers and while he might have had presence, he couldn't do much to push on the game because we mechanics'd him into a corner. didn't recall him being fiery in that game and his claimed dreams were all self pres from night actions (things like bulletproofing). of course that was also the game where my reads were really bad and i failed to even vote for a wolf to my recollection, so take that as you will

people who picked on lightknight's popin post (might be worth something): xiz, dbp, roundbox seconding, mml seconding

re: mml @ 882, what do you mean by "let xel live another day"?

re: cel @ 902, were you looking for reactions to something in particular? you said that in a few posts but i had trouble tracing back to what it was exactly you wanted me to answer

manti and dbp have opposite impressions of lightknight's return to thread

cel @ 946 is an interesting post because i thought lightknight's vote was clear - he'd wanted to know why i was voting him seemingly without explanation and i hadn't said anything beyond "it's a wolfy defense" of freezin. so i don't think he was picking up cel's proposed target at all

re: box @ 950, you're giving me too much credit. i didn't actually look into the lore, i was even lazier than that and asked someone else familiar with awakening to just tell me. the "research" i did involved clicking the link haku gave me and clicking through it to the Sumia page as well. can't tell whether you meant haku in a few places there? i totally want credit for throwing out the idea though
& my read on dbp didn't take into account his slank. if he posted it before, i had no memory of it when i did reads
&& tiloco's switch on xiz can be motivated by xiz reminding us of him getting on a plane, but the "like I said" starting out the last post you quoted reads reaaaaaal weird out of that context
&&& holy shit did you bring the game my dude

man i didn't even notice the times until manti's post that it was 8 minutes til - we really need to learn to wagon earlier. something i learned from playing on MU is earlier wagoning can still produce results, gives ample time for claims in case we're wrong, and the like

cel @ 976 potential TMI on seemingly expecting a town flip? you wouldn't have to keep me/soundwave under close eye if i'd parked on a wolf, i would think

re: sound @ 980, can you elaborate on this? what pairings/what memes?

freezin @ 983 is also readable as TMI but the lack of anyone defending lightknight is at least good to point out

given the cfd nature of d0 lynches recently i'm really surprised a soundwave wagon didn't appear, for as many people as didn't like his post voting me. remember your options aren't limited to people who already have votes. AA and i made an mml wagon out of nothing in turbo 11 - it was a mislynch, but we made it happen and it made both wolves look weird to us the next day

don't really understand the tiloco counterwagon outside of roundbox's vote, @haku @freezin why'd you vote there?
Old 05-14-2017, 12:03 AM   #1024
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Haku dying is a go figure, but round is a weird target.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #1025
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

two anti-town killing roles, based on the kills?

if one of those is a vigi shot i'd be mad
Old 05-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #1026
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Wrote all of this before seeing the kills. Doesn't change much of my opinions

I’m writing this post in a car ride with occasional shitty internet so I’m basically just going to go off what I remember. I’m going to have enough time to get on and post this before I go to bed but that’s it and I won’t even have time to read the thread until late tomorrow. I should be active on monday though.

Xiz’s read hasn’t changed much since I said it in my reads list. His thought process is very hard for me to grasp and doesn’t feel natural to me. I don’t have the specific posts but I went into a little detail when Xiz asked about it. I think it’s possible that it’s just because he’s busy and travelling like people said but that doesn’t really make sense as a reason to feel inconsistent while just reading the thread and doing a stream of consciousness. I backed off of him at the end of the day though because I want to give him a chance to respond to these things more effectively and see where he’s coming from. I really hope there will be plenty to read from him when I get back late Sunday. (He’s the one that said 1000 posts this game right? Got some catching up to do)

Cel I really didn’t want to call out at eod but I didn’t want to get lynched with it going unsaid. Keeping in mind that I didn’t really have enough time to evaluate him properly, I think he has a similar playstyle to me. I would slot him into the same stereotypes that I see myself in. And in his situation the only way I would ever try as hard as he did is if I was mafia. Nothing much was expected of him so as either alignment he could have gone by with input on what was currently happening and slowly reading through the thread. Now as town I would likely choose that option, it’s helpful and productive while still not being to stressful. However as mafia I doubt I would ever do that. As mafia I would think about all the free town points I could be getting from being really active and trying hard and I would play it very similarly to how he did with skimming through the thread, posting reactions, and eventually just stopping reading backlog (no guarantee he did that but likely as he didn’t comment on anything new he read) and focus on getting town to want to misslynch. Now the lynchpin of this read is that I am evaluating Cel based on my meta. I don’t think that line of play is as terrible as I’m sure most of you (*cough* freezin *cough*) will probably think it is but I can’t do it if I’m not sure that Cel would play the same as me here and I just don’t have enough info to really get that read. If I had let Cel keep going while getting town read and probably little to no one reading him as scum then I think it would have been a lot easier for me to tell his meta but I will probably just have to evaluate him differently now that this all had to be explained. Basically this read isn’t going to help me all that much now but I am going to keep him at slight red.

Tl;dr I had a meta read I can’t be sure on and now will never be able to. Slight red because of it

Xel is playing this game very weird. I’m pretty sure he’s the shitposting type and there has been very little of that from him. Instead we got early game content and then nothing but the occasional quip (and even those aren’t shitposty. they tend to be something seemingly productive that he never goes back to). The biggest issue I have with him is that he was present for many hours leading up to eod and would occasionally drop a comment on something said but he would never actually do anything. Being around for that long he had to have had some time to actually put some effort in but he just never did.

Now for the votes on me

The votes on me were roundbox, haku, and freezin and I think they were in that order but haku and freezin might have been switched.

roundbox going on me randomly is very interesting. I think there’s a strong case to be made for this being either alignment. I’m going to have to go over his posts more when I have time and consistent internet. I think his read on me was something like “flipping on xiz a lot means he’s stuck between wanting to play with him and wanting to evaluate him fairly”. If he hadn’t voted on me I would have probably assumed he thought I was town from that. It’s fairly true but I don’t understand how being torn by wanting to evaluate him is a mafia sided problem. Please elaborate or tell me how badly I misinterpreted your read.

Haku has been on me since I started posting I’m pretty sure. He seems like the type to rarely re-evaluate his reads. I think he would have voted on me there as either alignment so it doesn’t really affect my read on him.

Freezin’s vote on me is noteworthy because it means he didn’t vote on light which I think he would do as mafia. I doubt he would have gotten any slack for putting it on light there as he already said he wants inactives dead. Him instead bandwagoning on me is fairly towny I think.

The only one that I think comes out possibly mafia in my votes is roundbox and that’s pretty tentative. At first I found that really weird but very few people in the thread had a good reason to vote on me outside of those three so if any of them jumped on the bandwagon then when I came back town they would look really bad. I had been taken off the table by a pretty large percentage of the game at that point. Come to think of it that makes roundbox even less likely to try to start after me as mafia.

Other hot reads that I remember from eod but don’t really want to go into more detail on without the thread handy are:

Tokzic and Xiz had some interactions that made me think they could be partners but I can’t remember them now
DBP switched off the light lynch and then called out a few town that included me and light, the only two real wagons, and then voted on Xel. DBP gets a lot of town cred from these 15 minutes alone
Old 05-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #1027
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Haku dying is a go figure, but round is a weird target.
roundbox is a really good player as town and boy did he put in work while i was gone

to me, in that sense, it's not surprising
Old 05-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #1028
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
roundbox is a really good player as town and boy did he put in work while i was gone

to me, in that sense, it's not surprising
I wad thinking a fear kill honestly.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #1029
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

But would you look at that, MML was on the lynch of a town. While the other three are in my town reads. Hhhmmmmmmmm
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #1030
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

no immediate responses so I'm going to go to bed now. I'm expecting to be back somewhere around 8 tomorrow evening but no promises. I will be back sometime tomorrow evening for sure but will probably have to spend most of my time reading
Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #1031
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
re: sound @ 980, can you elaborate on this? what pairings/what memes?
You and me are wolf buds or something I guess.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #1032
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
no immediate responses so I'm going to go to bed now. I'm expecting to be back somewhere around 8 tomorrow evening but no promises. I will be back sometime tomorrow evening for sure but will probably have to spend most of my time reading
i'm still reading it but i'll tag you with thoughts
Old 05-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #1033
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Ok then, looks like two factions.
Annnnnd I could angle shoot but I dont wanna be mod killed. I'll say that we probably have a third party guesser again.

First off, those who tried getting off the Lightknight wagon look extremely good imho. Let's look at the vote

--
lightknight (4)- inDheart, Lar, Celirra, Manti
Lar (1)- blind
soundwave (1)- Xel
Freezin (1)- Xiz
DBP (2)- Tokzic, lightknight
Xel (2)- tiloco, DBP
tiloco (3)- roundbox, Haku, Freezin
inDheart (1)- Soundwave
--

We know Round and Haku where town now. I think Freezin joining them to get off another confirmed town's wagon clears him pretty hardcore for me---talking some deep forest green shit here. Those who stayed on Light need to be looked at.

I know I'm town, but there's a reason the NKs where on Triloco's voters and not Light's. I think Cel and Manti looks a little worst then InD on this one because they kind of jumped on last minute. Cel was on the fence with Light and InD, but at the same time he didnt move until his vote cemented Light's death.

I ISO'd Tricolo and Blind doing the night phase. I dont know why people would particuly counterwagon with Tri; he seems confused in most post and a little wishy washy at times but nothing too serious. I find the switch random as hell to be honest---Roundbox had a good case on him and I guess y'all where just following his lead? that's a little sad if true but as Yoshl says

TIME

WILL

TELL

I was trying to determined if I just dont like Blind or if I really think he is scummy. After isolating his post all he really, truly has done is vote me, fight Haku and get townread for it, and fight me some more while somehow just opting out of having a say in EoD. Considering the near hypocritical accusations he threw my way I'm going to go ahead and slant him as scum.

Now, he said if I lived then he was gonna actually try solving the game. Blind, you better keep your word or you'll at least have my vote.

Xel never did come through and in hindsight I should have stayed with him. Actually

XelNya

You better get in here and stop avoiding the discussion. Your EoD was as sad as a elf's dick.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-14-2017, 12:19 AM   #1034
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

I honestly didn't get the tiloco train out of nowhere, and two towns dying on him leaves me up to debate with myself on if he's town and has been framed or he's wolf and wants uys to think that.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #1035
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Who is killing a counter-wagon beneficial to though?

Especially since I don't see it being a wagon particularly likely to keep momentum through the night.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #1036
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

That considered, it feels like a poor play if its defensive, and thus I feel like it's a frame.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #1037
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

@ InD: That post probably answers itself if I change that fucking typo:
If Light doesn't get back to me I'm done down to let Xel live another day tbh. That bullshit turn-around he tried when asked to expand thoughts was bullshit.

In other words, the sins of Light actually posting like he was caught red-handed as wolf was worth more of a vote then Xel just be lackluster. If you've actually read my post I feel you could have gathered that

Fucking people saying I didn't need to make a reads list because people can infer it all but can't figure out why I changed my vote wtf man

Anyway I like this:

Quote:
cel @ 976 potential TMI on seemingly expecting a town flip?
He was acting like he was torn up about it before the flip, looking back at EoD.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:27 AM   #1038
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
I honestly didn't get the tiloco train out of nowhere, and two towns dying on him leaves me up to debate with myself on if he's town and has been framed or he's wolf and wants uys to think that.
I can't fathom anyone but the newbiest of newbies killing someone that hot on their trail (well, hot for Tri anyway)

That said, this is our first game together. If it was anyone else in this game I'll laugh at the idea but I don't know if he'd think it was a good defensive play at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
Who is killing a counter-wagon beneficial to though?

Especially since I don't see it being a wagon particularly likely to keep momentum through the night.
The counter didn't die?

Old 05-14-2017, 12:31 AM   #1039
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

@Hawaii I don't think meta reading is conducive to play reliably, and I think it's notably silly for me given my lack of play with FFR TWG, notably that I've only played turbo and ltwg here and I've rolled vanilla town every single time. I know you're comparing me to you, but it seems more like a case of you trying to explain something you don't really understand by likening it to you. I'd say don't be hasty in general; that said i can see why effort posting like i did could be seen as fishy

@InD you'll have to forgive me a bit for not being specific, and answering your questions, I'm a bit sleepy and just wanted to see what start of day was like. What do you mean by your analysis of post 976 though? A bit more elaboration would be nifty.

On the topic of nightkills, I think it's fair to say roundbox was the wolf kill, because haku dying by wolf is kind of weird I think. Either way though, was vigi the reason for the other kill?

Interesting that both neighbours are a bit funny with their deaths I think, but I don't think it can possibly be relevant to the game, more just an unfortunate circumstance.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-14-2017, 12:31 AM   #1040
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
You better get in here and stop avoiding the discussion. Your EoD was as sad as a elf's dick.
Elf's are usually said to live long periods of time, and are generally well regarded.

So, thanks for the compliment.
Closed Thread