Old 07-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #21
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: RE: Re: An Appeal To Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
And of course there are things more immature than walking away... my point is that there are things more MATURE than walking away as well.
Like what? Stand there and do nothing? Let me know how that works next time someone who wants to beat the crap out of you comes around the block.

Quote:
Kilga, what can I do to convince you?
There's nothing you specifically can do. I suggest you stop trying.

Quote:
Do you want it to die?
Doesn't matter to me, I play at a0.com and DDRFreak as well. FFR would be no loss, just like BMS has been no loss.

Quote:
Can't you just put your personal feelings aside and play the game?
No.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #22
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky
Default RE: Re: An Appeal To Reason

Grr...this is retarded. I don't necessarily disagree with the people pulling this charade, as I understand exactly how I feel. But then again, all I want to do is PLAY. Whether it be with or without Tass, I don't care.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #23
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default RE: Re: An Appeal To Reason

I was so prepared, too. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #24
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: An Appeal To Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilga
Like what? Stand there and do nothing? Let me know how that works next time someone who wants to beat the crap out of you comes around the block.
Quote:
There's a solution to this problem beyond being a dick and canceling the game for everyone: it's called IGNORE HIM. STOP CARING about the way he plays. Focus on the content of his posts, not his attitude. You don't have to be friends with him to play with him. Treat him like what he is... just another guy on the internet.
and tass isn't trying to beat the crap out of us... so your analogy makes no sense.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #25
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

The problem is that he acts like an ass. Any possible solution would have to involve him no longer acting like an ass. As you can see, your solution is not viable, because it does not stop him from acting like an ass.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #26
talisman
Resident Penguin

The problem is that you people CARE that he acts like an ass. I just want you guys not to care so that the game can continue.

It's not like people are refusing to play with tps for turning in all his fellow wolves that one game, that was pretty ass. Or chardish exposing tps in the first place anyway, that was pretty ass too.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #27
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

No, the problem is that you're annoying us because you think the problem is us caring that Tass acts like an ass and not that he actually acts like an ass.

Solution: Shut up, you're not going to fix anything.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #28
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Let's all hold hands and get along -_-

We can just play this game +Orli -Tass

Quote:
Quote:
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #29
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Funny, I could've sworn I mentioned that on the previous page. Or at least hinted at it.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #30
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

In Latin an appeal to reason is called logos!

Old 07-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #31
talisman
Resident Penguin

No, the problem is...

but seriously, I respect your position but I fail to see how someone's behavior on the internet can bother you this much. I guess we're just different people.

Is there room for compromise? A good sportsmanship rule of some kind?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #32
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: RE: Re: An Appeal To Reason

Quote:
I was so prepared, too. >_>
Sorry.

I plan on TWGing at a0 next game, so FFR TWG falling apart doesn't bother me as much as it should. I suggest anyone who wants to play (except Tass, duh) should do the same, or find a similar loction to TWG at.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #33
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: An Appeal To Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Funny, I could've sworn I mentioned that on the previous page. Or at least hinted at it.
I also IM'd it to you last night/this morning.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-22-2005, 10:02 AM   #34
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Is there room for compromise? A good sportsmanship rule of some kind?
If that were to prevent Tass from acting like an ass, then I'd be all for it and would play.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #35
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
In Latin an appeal to reason is called logos!
Legos?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #36
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Quote:
I respect your position but I fail to see how someone's behavior on the internet can bother you this much.
Let's say you were playing mafia IRL. Someone started acting like an ass..the way Tass acts. Would you play with them anymore? Most likely not. The same thing can be applied here. Tass' behavior just makes us not want to play TWG with him. You seem to be taking it to the extreme ("bother you this much"). It's not like we're quitting the forums all together because of him.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:08 AM   #37
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Guys, you're going by faulty logic here. There isn't GOING to be a game anytime soon where I sign up before him--because I have full-time work, full-time class (yes, in the summer too), and loads of stuff to do that takes precedence over TWG. I'm sorry, but my grades and my paycheck are slightly more important to me at this point.

Tass has a job, but he doesn't work the hours I do. He also has no classes till the fall. He wants to play, and has the time to put into it. Stop being so childish. If you don't want to play with Tass, don't. But stop whining about it.

In the fall, BTW, I will have 18 hours of in-class time per week (with an extra 10 hours for traveling to school), with a recommended 54 hours needed to prepare and do homework for my retardedly difficult classes, plus 20-30 hours of work, which leaves exactly 8 hours a day for me to do other stuff...some of which I hope to spend asleep. I don't know when I'm going to have time to eat, much less play.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 07-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #38
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Heartbreaker.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #39
talisman
Resident Penguin

I don't know about that flypie, I've never played mafia IRL... but whatever.

here's a proposed compromise... I suggest other people think of their own:

A good sportsmanship rule:

Basically, if TWC decides that someone is acting like an ass to the extent where it's affecting the game they ban that person for a game. Or something. This wouldn't mean that you couldn't brag in the post game thread or anything, just that if TWC sees it going too far, they can ban you. And the definition of being an ass could be applied to anything... inactivity, making moogy-style posts, bragging alot, whatever.

There are obviously flaws to this... mainly dealing with enforcement. But it's a start.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:14 AM   #40
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorlichan
If you don't want to play with Tass, don't. But stop whining about it.
Who the hell has been whining? That's exactly what we've been avoiding doing because it's stupid and wouldn't help our case at all. Note flypie's post at the top of the second page.

None of us care whether or not Tass plays. He's free to do so. We're just not going to play in the same game as him.
Closed Thread