Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-4-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Truth Prelims Round 2!

Updated: October 28th, 1:29AM EST

BRACKETS & SONGS:
This round ends: After all final submissions are given! Good luck!

Expert:
(Now with x1000)

1st: ledwix - Yeah no one else tried, So i'm not going to bother. Ended as the only one with double digit AAAs. Kudos to your 50 bucks
2nd: Tasselfoot - Rejected money, so Lain will receive money.
3rd: Lain_Iwakura - yayay 3rd.

Expert High Score: ledwix - 10th on epi.

Expert Song: (I was going to go with Runny morning, just to make it fun, But I opted for: ) Epidermis (I know its new, sue me, I changed my song set )

Advanced:

[color=red]1st: vemuck - 75,000 Credits
2nd: PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR - 50,000 Credits
3rd: DrawingJunkie - 25,000 Credits

Advanced High Score for Round two: No submissions!

Beginners:

(Now with x600)

1st: ShadowSwordsman - 8739 (Score:1906) - 46,500 Credits
orlando2k7 - 0 (Score: 1848) (-34,800) - 23,250 Credits
xplayfan - 0 (Score: 1896) (-6,000) - 23,250 Credits

Yeah so, you guys both died, with Orlando dying more rapidly (See calc two as n approaches infinity), yet, orlando showed his dedication (and his nagging to get me to update), early on by earning many more points and participating in every round. Therefore, I could have you two do a tiebreaker of your own choice and send me the winner and I could change the credits or you guys can just take the same amount. The credit difference (since I'm sure you're curious) 15500 for 3rd and 31000 for 2nd.

Up to you, I will update that should you decide to rather quickly since its only two scores and it'll take me 10 minutes at most.

Beginner High Score for Round Two: ShadowSwordsman - 648 3 in a Row for Shadow
xplay hanging on!

Beginner Song: Switchback [Heavy]

Prize Information

Until this current bug with credits is fixed I can not make a promise. The only prizes that remain for sure are the Experts as mentioned. 3rd Place credits remained to be announced (but if all goes as it should, it should DEFINITELY be 100k Credits)

If you feel you have been placed incorrectly and would like to be moved up or down. Please send me scores and a good reaosn you would like to be moved

Misc Fun Facts:
In this tournament after the first update, there was a total of 26 AAA's.

If your color is orange that means you still have a possibility of ending the prelims with the maximum possible "??? ??????". Also, all current entrants have this possibility as you can submit scores more than once in the preliminary rounds, but those in orange are the ones who currently have the maximum score.

Your hit points will be used in a certain way to determine your tournament fate.

Ragedberserker was the first to ask for a late entry.

Wondering what MP is? Well, I'll tell you exactly how to earn it later, but lets just say 3 MP gives you the ability to skip a hated song or song that may kill you in a tournament. But be careful, you can only use the skip ONCE EVER!

--------
Hardest Mp #6 Answer:
The man drew the short straw and was pushed out from a hot air balloon which needed to lose weight to travel.

MP #6

An old man told me a story of his younger days and told me that one day he ventured through the desert and came across a man on the desert sand, dead. He looked around the man but couldn't find any footprints or other such evidence that could be why he died. He told me that this desert was special, no wind blew in this desert. He told me he found a tiny tubular object in his hand. (He spoke poor English, so he just kept searching for the word in his mind for minutes before giving up)

The story went on for hours. Anyway, he finally told me that the guy died because---

How did he die?
Why did he die?

(Two part MP worth 2 points if you can get both!)

MP #5

What am I?

Of all things I can do, I can "support" a variety of things, I can singlehandedly play tennis, handball, and several other sports at the same time. I can be tall, or I can be small. My composition is always different. I'm very resilient. Yet, don't bother yelling at me. I won't even speak to you.

Mp #5 Answer:
A wall.

(For MP #3 answer was "A Speaker")

MP #4

Name the Movie and Song (Song is commonly found on SM and in packs) this quote is from:
"I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast"
"You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?"

"...NO"

MP #4 answer = Movie: Happy Gilmore, Song: Cold Pizza

Answer for MP #2

The man was standing on a block of ice. As the ice melted, he could not break free and it left a puddle of water in it's stead as the man slowly hanged.

Question from Number 2
A man has hanged (Yes, hanged) himself and is now dead, from a chandelier in the center of a sealed room. There are no windows, there are no stairs, no tools within the room itself either. The room is barren. The only thing that is in the room is a puddle. The one door in the room is locked from the inside with no key to open it.

How did the man possibly get up on the chandelier to hang himself?

MP answer from last week's question
Question:
You're walking down a road going back to your home. You encounter a fork in the road and suddenly forget which way leads to your domain. At this fork there are two men. One always tells the truth, but one is always a liar. What is the one question you can ask one of them that will lead you in the right direction? What path will you then take? You can only ask one question and it must be directed at one person. Also, you do not know who the liar is and who is the truth-teller.

Answer:
"Which path would he tell me to travel?"

If you asked this to either the liar or the truth teller, they would both give you the incorrect answer. If you asked the liar about what the truth teller would say, he must lie. So even if the right path is the correct one, the liar would say the left.

If you asked that to the truth-teller however, he would tell you what the lar would say. Which is in this case, the left path. So you would take the opposite path no matter what.

I also accepted another answer where you pointed to a path and asked, "According to other person, would he say this path is correct?" This would then trigger a scenario where if the answer was "No" You take the path no matter what, and if the answer is "Yes" you take the opposite path.

The Tournament Begins...

So with detail as to how this will work:

Thank you all for participating in this tournament. I know I haven't really worked on much of it the past week or so, but thats because I've had incident after incident at college. I'm trying my best, but I'm glad to announce Monday is my last class for the summer. So guess where that takes me?

Congratulations to everyone who have participated. You'll all get two shots at prizes! All of you whom participated in 2 or more rounds will be invited to the "Truth Invitational" You'll be receiving PMs from me within the coming days describing what happens there, but that tourney will be fun, and unique. So keep your eyes peeled .

What I plan to do

Come Monday afternoon (hopefully Tass will bother me to do this) I plan to have the divisions all broken up. Those of you who didn't bother to send me in scores, good luck in the Expert division.

There will be four divisions:
Beginners:
Advanced:
Experts:
Invitational:

In the beginners bracket it will work like this. You guys will get a song, the point value will still work the same. I will take the highest score from that round and I will of a bit of subtraction. Basically, one person says gets the max score of 1000 points. the person in second place gets 900 points. What I do there is get the difference of the scores and subtract them from the second place score. So basically player 1 did 100 points better and does 100 damage to player 2's Hit points. This same math will be done to all placers in the divisions.

Advanced: There is slightly less room for error. The difference between the high score and the 2nd place players score will be taken, multiplied by 50 and then subtracted from the second place player's score. Again, I take the example 1000 being max. 900 being the next best 100 x 50 = 5000 damage is done to that player's hit points. I realize some of you will last longer than others. But believe me when I say the scores will be closer than 100 points difference.

Expert: Small room for error. Instead of multiplying by 50, its now 150. You experts have little variation in your scores and this won't effect the lot of you that badly. Until we start to play the harder songs *rubs hands*. Oh did I mention that those who didn't participate in the prelims would have to be very good? Yes, well thats because I'm welcoming you to the expert division! with ZERO HITPOINTS! Good luck having to place first in every round. No pressure

Also, each multiplier may change after "x" rounds. I'll make that statement should it come to it.

Good luck to everyone! Keep checking back!

Notice

If I've made a mistake in a calculation please recognize that I am human and that I don't like to be belittled on the forums for making tiny errors. If you see something I've done wrong please be courteous and drop me a PM. I'd rather not have my mistakes be a statistical number that can counted throughout the length of this thread.

Tournament of Truth

Welcome everyone to the Tournament of Truth. I'll try not to waste time and get straight to the point:

This tournament will be more accurate in it's measurement of skill. FFR is a combo based system, however, its my opinion (and the opinion of most) that it is better to go by a players individual ability to be more precise through-out.

What does this mean?

If player-A combos a 500 step song with 400 perfects and 100 goods, he or she will lose (rather than win) to Player B who has scored 450 perfects 49 goods and a miss.

So how will this be calculated

I'm going to make the math rather simplistic, Perfects will count as +2, and goods will count as +1.

To add to this, misses will count negatively towards your score. Yielding a -2 for every miss you make.

What about mashers?! They'll still have an advantage!

Not at all. To counterbalance this: if your amount of boos exceeds the number of 20 and is higher than your miss count, then every boo (from 20 but not including 20 on) will yield a -3 to your total. If it is not higher than your miss count but is close in proximity it will yield a -1 as well. For an example:

Song Random:
Perfects: 400
Goods: 135
Averages:6
Misses: 16
Boos: 21

^ This song will look suspicious in that your boos and misses are both very high. It will make me think that in difficult sections of the song you just hit all the keys to score a passing combo grade rather than worry about the accuracy of every arrow. So the scoring would be:

800 for the perfect count, 135 for the good count, -32 for the miss count and -2 for the boo count.

In another situation...

Song Random:
Perfects: 369
Goods: 128
Averages:6
Misses: 31
Boos: 21

In this case, your boos are still very high and will give a -1 but it won't seem as bad since you are still missing more than hitting, the penalty of which will not be as great.

Also for those worried, if you booflag a song, I'm obviously not going to say you mashed. You won't receive a penalty. Many songs are very difficult to play and I think I can distinguish mashing with difficult to combo songs like Demon Fire or Revo Etude. So the scoring may be lenient on the songs and I will notify all the players when such events occur.

And now a break from the boring crap

Let me start this next section on prizes:

Experts:
1st Place: $50 USD
2nd Place: $25 USD
3rd Place: (Tentatively 75k-100k Credits, please donate if you are participating in this tournament, small amounts would be greatly appreciated.)

Intermediates and Beginners will receive high credit counts as well, but as of right now this isn't promised as I'm still trying to obtain my goal credit count for 3rd place experts.

Did I get your attention?

Good.

Now sign up, but first read how it's going to run.

Tournament Structure

The first set of rounds will be used to establish what division you belong in, and the best part about it? YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SEND A SINGLE SCORE!

Each round I will assign 3 songs of similar combo count (Difficulty will be rather close as well). You as a participant will pick one or even all three of those songs and send them in. I will tally your score using the point system I mentioned earlier and keep your point count near your name. Your point total will have a mystery use which I will explain once the tournament thickens.

Wait, I thought you said I don't have to submit?

You don't, you had better be very good though, because even a tie might knock you out of the tournament. However, that part of it will be explained once the placement assessment part of the tournament ends. . If I were you I'd recommend that each individual play AT LEAST 2 of the 3 songs I assign for max longevity within the tournament.

So cap this all up for me L2D, what do I do? and are there any catches?

I'll assign three songs

Play as many as you can and submit your scores to me (you may post them as well but I WILL NOT check this thread for scores and update them like that. Only what is PMed.)

Rinse and Repeat until Prelims are over

Find out your next fate.

As for "Catches" I'm glad I asked

You may only submit ONCE in the True Tournament rounds (Post-Prelim). One time, uno, get it? Only your first score will count. You MAY deceive your opponents (in the tourney rounds) by posting faulty scores, but as I said, only what I see will be what is counted

Get it? Got it? Good.

Any questions or comments? Post them here. Also, feel free to contact me on AIM @ Loyal2Death or MSN (if i'm on) @ homeoflinkinp@hotmail.com

If that is all, Sign up by posting "I'm in" or something similar in this thread.

Good luck everyone.

~-[L2D]-~
[/list]79 Current Participants

And thank you to my credit donors!

Tayfun - 64,000 Credits
DarkShark - 45,001 Credits
lightshark - 45,000 Credits
SummerSchool - 35,000 Credits
Sprite- - 10,000 Credits
Loot You - 10,000 Credits
TD_Gen0cid3 - 10,000 Credits
DrawingJunkie - 9,500 Credits
Phe0nixblad3 - 5,213 Credits
The5thMoon - 5,000 Credits
insanefreddy926 - 4,219 Credits

Total Donated: 247,933

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.

Last edited by Loyal2Death; 11-12-2007 at 02:28 PM..
Old 06-4-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
shantred
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to shantred
Default Re: Truth

mmm count me in
Old 06-4-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Sign me up xD
Old 06-4-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
Loot You
Banned
FFR Veteran

very joined

i'll donate 10k too

edit: transferred
Old 06-4-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
Tayfun
Surres
FFR Veteran

sign me up buddy.
Old 06-4-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
justom
FFR Player

Sign me up please.
Old 06-4-2007, 11:43 PM   #7
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

I'm in.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 06-4-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So this is a tournament of PA right?

In for the win.
Old 06-4-2007, 11:50 PM   #9
EskimoCarl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to EskimoCarl Send a message via MSN to EskimoCarl Send a message via Yahoo to EskimoCarl Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoCarl

Im in :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
Super Crack Whores.. All of you.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Old 06-4-2007, 11:53 PM   #10
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i'm in. easy plz.
Old 06-5-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This should be fun. I'm in for sure
Old 06-5-2007, 12:08 AM   #12
Turboyoshi
What is this i don't even
FFR Veteran

sign me up
Old 06-5-2007, 12:10 AM   #13
rshadow8888
FFR's Buizel

Send a message via AIM to rshadow8888

Count me in.
Old 06-5-2007, 12:11 AM   #14
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Oh this sounds fun I'm in.
Old 06-5-2007, 12:15 AM   #15
stoners_netname
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

me too
Old 06-5-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

woah money! L2D rox. i'm in. goal: 25 bux right now!!
Old 06-5-2007, 01:29 AM   #17
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

I'm in

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Old 06-5-2007, 03:25 AM   #18
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

I'm in

Old 06-5-2007, 06:14 AM   #19
StepmaniaGod6969
3 Fingers
FFR Veteran