Old 11-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Book idea.

So, I'm going to write a book about this guy - Beau Grace - who goes to live with his Mom, a paramedic, in the sleepy, rainy town of Spoons, Maine. During his first day of school, all of the girls fall head over heels in love with him, but he's moody and introspective. One girl catches his eye - Esra Mullin - and everyone warns him off. She's part of this weirdo family that lives in the mountains. But he can't stay away... And he finds out that she's an immortal witch. He, too, wishes to be immortal so he can spend his life with her. But an evil group of witches and wizards comes through the area, siphoning power off of people - something the Mullins' promised never to do again, and they set their sights on Beau, knowing how important he is to Esra. Unfortunately, the only way to kill an immortal witch is to hurl them in to space, otherwise, they cannot be stopped. The processes of hurling said witches into space involves some kind of glyph drawn on to the floor. The evil witch after Beau - Jenna - lures him to an old karate studio where he used to practice, and he is summarily thrown around until Esra, the fastest in her coven, comes to his rescue. However, there's a secret group of witches, dating back to the Salem, that makes sure people are unaware of their existence. Knowing that Beau knows poses a threat to their entire society. Will the forbidden love between Beau and Esra ever last?

Find out when I write this book.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Book idea.

This sounds like an elaborate workup to make a "Beau Knows" joke.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Also, there is a Jasmine White, who is in a group of animal shapeshifters - not werewolves, specifically, at least, until Book IV when you find out Jasmine IS a werewolf and not just a shapeshifter. This group runs a trailer park at the edge of town, and some of the surrounding beach land, due to a pact with the Mullins. Long ago, 'ancestors' of the Mullins where caught practicing Alchemy using precious herbs that the White group find sacred. They agreed to never use the herbs again, which grow exclusively in that part of Maine, in order to live there in peace. The families have an uneasy truce.

She too falls in love with Beau, causing an intense triangle between Esra, Jasmine, and Beau - who were childhood friends who use to play patty-cake together.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
insanefreddy926
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to insanefreddy926

Oh my God, this book sounds so good. Like, it could potentially be a best-seller. And probably every single teenage guy in the U.S. will read it and feel like Beau is exactly like themselves and probably they'll fall in love with the fictional character of Esra. And also they might make a halfway decent movie out of it that fans of the book will go see over and over again, but will not satisfy general movie-goers at all. I can't wait to read it!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Sounds like a male version of Twilight (IMO). I like this idea, Mal. Like freddy said, could be a best-seller and even be made into a movie. Sounds like you really did your homework for this idea. Potentially 4 books. That's a serious commitment to this idea. If you write this book, Mal, I'll buy a copy.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

One of the above posters did not get the joke. Can you tell which?
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

This is Twilight. Only Mal's doing it, so I'll probably bother with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
One of the above posters did not get the joke. Can you tell which?
marleynords of course
Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
Go_Oilers_Go
<<Insert Title Here>>
FFR Veteran

Completely original concept.

Will be sure to buy.

Kthxbai.
Go_Oilers_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #10
cool sam
FFR Player

There are books that should be self-published, and books that are better served by signing with a trade publisher. I put nearly all fiction in the latter category, simply because most successful fiction authors I know who started by self-publishing signed a large trade contract at the first opportunity. That's not the case with most non-fiction, where self publishing will generally earn more for the author than selling out. In fact, the cases I can think where successful self-publishers sold non-fiction books to a major trade all ended in tears, but that's a post for another day.

-------------------------------------------
Chocolates
Luxury Chocolates

Last edited by cool sam; 12-12-2008 at 06:02 AM..
cool sam is offline   Reply With Quote