Old 10-9-2011, 02:58 PM   #61
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice
Default Re: Facebook to be hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Guru View Post
Facebook most likely won't get hacked. I mean we're talking about a billion dollar industry here. I'm pretty sure security will be extremely tight which would make it a daunting task for anyone to break through the system.
If enough people are willing to hack facebook, I'll bet it could be done.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 04:40 PM   #62
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
The name Anonymous is misleading. I hear that they are an actual group of people (1-??? people).
"Anonymous" is nothing more than a description for the users base (like how the people who frequent this forum are the "Anonymous" of FFR) of 4chan or any other 4chanesque site. It's just A LOT of people who sometimes bandwagon on somebody elses idea. It's not some organized organization or even any kind of organization. A lot of retards try to tell people it's like that and they're a part of that but it's just bullshit.

Quote:
They DDOS'd Minecraft and brought it down for a day.
You can't DDOS minecraft but you can DDOS minecraft servers. I'm pretty sure there really aren't any official servers so you'd have to DDOS a whole bunch of unrelated servers. In short what you're saying is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- View Post
You try to belittle them. Alone they are nothing more than kids with programs, as a collective they can pose a serious threat.
A script kitten is somebody who uses a bunch of pre-made scripts/programs to do everything for them. In actuality security experts and real hackers use these scripts too but can do much more. The worst a mass of script kittens can do is DDOS which isn't even really hacking.

Quote:
Brute forcing amongst dozens of users won't take nearly as long as a single hacker. They make their mark by working collectively. I'm not saying it's a reason to fear them, but do take them seriously when they choose to act as a group.
They're trying to hack facebook. Not facebook user accounts.

Quote:
The attack may last only a short while before they're caught, but they are capable of far more damage than they actually do. They're just pussy about it because of prison time. After a certain point the actions they commit are no longer just breaking the law, but become acts of terrorism or near that level. Next to no one smart enough to pull off the kind of stuff they do is dumb enough to go to prison for years because of malicious actions on the interwebz. They'll keep it "small" but noticed. Less jail time if caught.
Finding an intrusion all depends on how the hacker intruded and what he's doing to cover up his tracks. It's not really a matter of time rather than leaving stuff behind or "tripping an alarm" and people finding it which could be immediate.

Quote:
The internet is scary vulnerable. As a collective society we just have so many rules in place on it that it's not worth the risk of doing certain things. Stuff on the internet is unfortunately tracked very carefully, and every proxy/vpn you use keeps records of your connections. You are rarely ever truly anonymous.
https://www.torproject.org/

Quote:
If I wanted I could easily pull password hashes off of FFR, and set a program to decrypting those password hashes to plaintext.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to decrypt whatever hash FFR uses assuming it's something like SHA and not AES/Blowfish but I'm pretty sure you're full of bullshit cause I doubt you could hack into a webhosting service's system.

Quote:
Hell, it's scary knowing how easy it is to do it. If it weren't for the law cracking down so strictly on certain types of e-threats, the internet would be a far more desolate place than it is now, left only to the coding monkeys.
If you know so much about hacking and could hack web servers with your eyes closed please exploit this program to say "You got it" by typing in something other than passwrd. Extremely basic shit:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

int chkauth(char *password) {
        int auth_flag = 0;
        char buffer[16];
        strcpy(buffer, password);
        if(strcmp(buffer, "passwrd") == 0)
                auth_flag = 1;
        return auth_flag;
}

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
        if(argc < 2) {
                exit(0);
        }
        if(chkauth(argv[1])) {
                printf("%s\n", "You got it");
        } else {
                printf("%s\n", "Nope");
        }
}
If you fail to do this I'm just going to assume you're like every other 12 year old wanna be hacker on the internet since claiming to be a hacker and not knowing how to exploit the gaping hole in this program is like saying you're a master shoe maker but can't even tie a pair. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about cause I doubt you even know how to compile that.

Last edited by fido123; 10-9-2011 at 06:00 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 04:43 PM   #63
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to decrypt whatever hash FFR uses assuming it's something like SHA and not AES/Blowfish but I'm pretty sure you're full of bullshit cause I doubt you could hack into a webhosting service's system.
In fact, it uses MD5 + salt encryption. Brian has no idea what he's talking about
I'd like to see anyone decrypt it.
Sprite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 04:54 PM   #64
fido123
FFR Player

I'd like him to even see him decrypt this:

331bf5d65fc1553676bd09ffad765d8d704412a7

It's SHA1

Last edited by fido123; 10-9-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Old 10-9-2011, 05:19 PM   #65
championanwar
Ask Nuro! x3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Google+ owners responsible. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
Quote:
aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
Click Here
championanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 05:21 PM   #66
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Quote:
Reasons why your bs
Holy god........
Old 10-9-2011, 07:18 PM   #67
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
script kitten
I lol'd
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 09:05 PM   #68
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
The most thorough shutting-down of another poster I've seen in a while.
Dear lord man that was pretty exhaustive.

p.s. I think I know the security flaw in that program and I don't even know what language it's programmed in lmfao

EDIT 2- hehe turns out I was right, dat AP computer science really coming through for me ^_^
I learned something new about programming today... *sigh* I really should learn something other than Java

Last edited by hi19hi19; 10-9-2011 at 09:23 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 10:49 PM   #69
supermousie
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to supermousie

Errybody mad 'ere.
supermousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2011, 10:57 PM   #70
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

'script kitten' is a new one

It's much more adorable than script kiddie. I like it.
Old 10-9-2011, 11:11 PM   #71
Thatskier
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Thatskier Send a message via Skype™ to Thatskier

Times like this I wish I learned computer science and the sorts.

Then again..

Physics> All sciences.

Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Let's put it this way: This file is fun.
Thatskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #72
Emithith
FFR Player

lol fido, umad? What's with the hostile behaviour. I obviously don't know much about hacking, so why would you be so aggressive? x-x;
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #73
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
blah blah

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #74
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

He's mad because he thinks I came in here trying to be a pro hacker or something I think. I know very little in terms of computer programming, and have only learned what I do know from independent research.

I'm not even going to bother to read what I wrote. I was drunk as hell and went off rambling, and it probably was a bunch of stupid crap I wrote, and I don't want to sit here sober and be reminded of how retarded alcohol makes me.

From memory, what I was trying to say is that it isn't hard to do the kind of stuff Anonymous does. A large group of people focusing their efforts on defacing websites can easily accomplish the task. It's just a matter of whether or not they are willing to risk the consequences that determines how far they go.

A weeks worth of studying, a few programs downloaded, and I can get personal data off of websites with weak security through very basic and crude forms of SQLi. I know next to nothing of the finer workings of how the programs work, or what the commands I type into the URL bar mean, but they get information that I really shouldn't be able to. I was recently trying to learn the finer points of SQLi just for fun, but it grew boring and tedious to learn. I'm not trying to be a pro hacker and go vandalize stuff on the net, I just find it fun to learn how to do it, and then be able to do it.

I'm not a hacker at all, and anything I wrote in my post is just stuff I've learned from reading. I am working on cracking that hash you posted though. No guarantees on when it'll be cracked. I'm currently running a dictionary attack on it. As long as it's not some stupid long 25 digit password full of random lowercase and uppercase letters with numbers and symbols mixed in that would take decades/centuries to bruteforce on a normal desktop PC, I should be able to get it. Assuming it's a reasonable length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #75
supermousie
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to supermousie

I can never type coherently while drunk. Props to you.
supermousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #76
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

I have much practice. Any of the old VC regulars could tell you that~

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #77
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Dear lord man that was pretty exhaustive.

p.s. I think I know the security flaw in that program and I don't even know what language it's programmed in lmfao

EDIT 2- hehe turns out I was right, dat AP computer science really coming through for me ^_^
I learned something new about programming today... *sigh* I really should learn something other than Java
Lol, AP Comp Sci last year. XD I got an "eh..." score but it was good enough to get me the credit. =] But there is no shame in knowing just Java right now, it's a good programming language to learn the fundamentals of object-oriented programming. It's also strictly-typed which reinforces good programming habits. We'll learn some other programming languages when the time comes. =]

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #78
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

int chkauth(char *password) {
        int auth_flag = 0;
        char buffer[16];
        strcpy(buffer, password);
        if(strcmp(buffer, "passwrd") == 0)
                auth_flag = 1;
        return auth_flag;
}

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
        if(argc < 2) {
                exit(0);
        }
        if(chkauth(argv[1])) {
                printf("%s\n", "You got it");
        } else {
                printf("%s\n", "Nope");
        }
}
This is bothering me, what is the answer? Does it have to do with putting in pointer deference as a string so when it copies it into buffer it copies something else?

Edit: nvm, I think I figured it out. I just don't understand why it wouldn't cause the program to crash.

Last edited by Izzy; 10-10-2011 at 06:27 AM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #79
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

1337 h4X0r5 in this thread.
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #80
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
lol fido, umad? What's with the hostile behaviour. I obviously don't know much about hacking, so why would you be so aggressive? x-x;
Sorry, I meant to say that from wherever you heard that Minecraft DDOS thing is bullshit, not that you were necessarily coming in here and making it up as it's more than understandable why most people would believe it. Wasn't trying to come off as aggressive to you although reading back on my post it seems that way. Sorry.

Quote:
From memory, what I was trying to say is that it isn't hard to do the kind of stuff Anonymous does. A large group of people focusing their efforts on defacing websites can easily accomplish the task. It's just a matter of whether or not they are willing to risk the consequences that determines how far they go.
Anonymous managed to hack a website who must have had the most insanely retarded IT staff in the world. They exploited a really simple hole and it's pretty shocking that a company as large as Sony didn't catch it. I can guarantee the vast, vast, VAST majorities of companies protect against SQL injection which is what brought Sony down.

Quote:
A weeks worth of studying, a few programs downloaded, and I can get personal data off of websites with weak security through very basic and crude forms of SQLi.
Then those companies pretty much have their doors open to anybody waltzing in and taking their data. You have to know how to find it, but any company who know's anything about security would have sealed those holes. I have a server in my basement beside me with a fairly fresh installation of Debian and hardly any security set up on it. It's a webserver so you can try your techniques at castro.homelinux.net. Give it a try.

Quote:
I know next to nothing of the finer workings of how the programs work, or what the commands I type into the URL bar mean, but they get information that I really shouldn't be able to. I was recently trying to learn the finer points of SQLi just for fun, but it grew boring and tedious to learn. I'm not trying to be a pro hacker and go vandalize stuff on the net, I just find it fun to learn how to do it, and then be able to do it.
Learning SQLi isn't going to help you much, other than understand one exploit which is just basically tricking a PHP/Perl/ASP webscript into running an altered database query through actually typing that query where the program is grabbing values out of. If you want to learn how to hack I suggest this book.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh on you but I guess you were drunk and were coming off as some kind of hacker extraordinaire. Just take it from me that hacking any website with even half assed security isn't going to be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
This is bothering me, what is the answer? Does it have to do with putting in pointer deference as a string so when it copies it into buffer it copies something else?

Edit: nvm, I think I figured it out. I just don't understand why it wouldn't cause the program to crash.
EDIT: Sorry read your comment wrong. It doesn't because there's of the buffer variable. Leaves enough room on the RAM to move things around without causing a segmentation fault.

Last edited by fido123; 10-10-2011 at 10:15 AM..