Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum

Old 09-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #261
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Resending or postponing submitted files

Edit: After doing some cleanup, this is the thread that should be used for postponing files. I re-made it a sticky and updated the OP with relevant information regarding postponement of accepted files.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-26-2015 at 02:50 PM..
DossarLX ODI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #262
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Is there no longer a sticky for notifying when you've sent fixes and such?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:00 AM   #263
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Not sure if this is the right thread anymore, but sent a bunch of fixes, including fixes for 2 files (Chaotic WHITE and Anima) that are currently in accepted queue.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #264
Pizza69
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sent in CQ fixes for The Basement Community (yesterday)

Last edited by Pizza69; 12-25-2016 at 05:27 PM..
Pizza69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 07:37 PM   #265
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

klimtkiller's two Conditionally Queue'd files have changes applied to them and now the files are accepted. More information below:

** Indicates a side note from DossarLX ODI that was not included in the original review

[7/10] sniffing stardust on the dancefloor {Kola Kid} (klimtkiller)
** Offsetted 64ths will need to be frame fixed before release
-11.509 dont think these hands are warranted, the kicks aren’t particularly loud or abrasive. << changed to jumps
-15.794 should be a hand << changed to hand
-28.937 layering in this section is a bit suspect, the sound on this 4th is the same as the 8th preceding it but you have a jump on the 8th and a single on the 4th. Similar sound is also on the 16th at 29.151 and 29.366 and they are both single notes.
-32.366, 41.794 also instances where single notes are used while jumps are used to highlight similar sounds in other areas.
I feel like theres a lot of layering inconsistency at this point. The layering seems to fluctuate in density intentionally because similar instances are treated the same so the inconsistencies are consistent (if that makes sense), but they still make the file feel a bit weird. << Included some more jumps for the percussion
-57.794 jump here and the 8th after go to sounds that are previously emphasized with hands
Some of the 32nds transitions are pretty uncomfortable, 75.080 in particular << Revised some of the patterns
Ending feels really empty after how energetic the rest of the file was, especially since theres still other melodic synths playing. << Put some more notes in to follow those synths

[7*/10] gorechestra {DEV/NULL} (klimtkiller)
** Offsetted 64ths will need to be frame fixed before release
-2.491: Bass kick here could be stepped as a jump. << Now a jump
-3.049 there are 2 soft kick hits here in between each breakdown sections. these sounds happen several times and should probably be stepped because they are similar to the sounds you acknowledge during the breakdown sections (even though they are a lot softer) << Stepped these 2 kicks as well as the few others that happen after
4.723: Same as 2.491. There’s quite a lot of this kind of thing throughout the file. It seemed deliberate at first, but then you started stepping jumps to the bass kick such as at 13.651 and 21.463 in the intro. << Added the jumps for these recurring parts in the intro
-38.341 pitchwise this section is straight descending, the staircase pattern doesn’t make sense. << Fixed to be descending rolls
-some of the hands in the file don’t feel warranted (eg. 49.222). Using hands for the crashes and echo-y synth are fine since they are pretty clear, but several of the hands that go to the kick/snare/melody without any of the other more prominent elements just feel weird.
Jump usage continues to be inconsistent after the staircase as well. For instance, 42.666 and 42.945 are stepped as single notes, but 43.782 and 44.061 are stepped as jumps (I’m assuming you intend for 43.782 to be treated as a jump). Other than that one sound effect you stepped the 48th to, all four of these notes are going to the bass kick. I see no reason here to step half of the bass kicks as single notes and the other half as jumps. I can see how stepping too many jumps could result in this file being too dense and cluttered, but the layering needs to be consistent too. I think there’s a distinct shift in focus here for layering and that the jumps mostly follow it decently well. There are some missing jumps (ex 47.408, 51.872, 56.336, 56.476) for the new layering that seems to go to the snares but I personally find the layering shift interesting.
Actually as the file progresses this layering scheme too appears to break down so I agree this section should be looked at.
55.429: The windup doesn’t increase in intensity, so the shift to 32nds doesn’t make much sense. It made for an awkward transition into the hand. Agree, should keep this straight 24ths < Changed to 24ths
55.778: The placement of this 8th note just makes it more awkward to play. Switch it to column 1. < Changing the above to 24ths fixes this problem, note is staying on the right
57.138: The 32nds are very uncomfortable to hit here, and breaks the idea of using 24ths to accent the winding up/down. I think the idea was to use the 32nds to represent the windup sounds that had a distinctly different timbre than the instances before, but I agree they feel weird and would probably be better represented as 24ths like the other windup sounds. << Changed to 24ths and starting on 8th note
58.254: Burst should start on the 8th note, not a 32nd. << Fixed and changed to 24ths as well as 58.72
59.358: Should be nudged up to a 16th note. << Fixed
64.496: Missing 16th. << Fixed
-66.112 this sounds more like a 32nd/12th than the 24th that is here. << Fixed 48th to 12th
68.821: Same as 55.429. << Fixed to 24ths
75.633: Nudge this 12th down to a 24th. << Fixed and repatterned to not have a cameljack
-94.956 these should probably be straight 48ths (or 24ths if you wanna do half time). The split gallops you have here right now don’t really work well. 215 BPM 48th walls are very difficult and I would advise against stepping straight 48ths. 24ths or 32nds would feel a lot better. The last couple of 48th bursts aren’t nearly as bad since they’re so short. Indeed they are but the sounds represented here are much more abrasive. Having them represented by the 24ths that have been used for the smoother windup sounds would feel off. 32nds would probably work better. Or you could make it a 48th wall if you feel evil. :^) << Changed to 32nds
98.951: Minijack was awkward to hit. << Fixed
104.741: I can understand not wanting to step the entire song, but I think putting a hand here would be a better ending to the file than two single notes. (Cut off the unused part of the .mp3 next time, it helps to reduce the file size.) << Inserted hand and a jump before with an 8th note
DossarLX ODI is online now   Reply With Quote