Default Re: Resident Evil 5 is racist?

stupid zombieist games.

respect the undead.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #22
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
Also, maybe it's just me, but black people do not look like zombies when they're zombies. I mean, zombies are all pale and tinted blue/grey usually. Kinda hard to be pale and ghostly looking when you're African. =\
While I do kinda agree with you on this point, I believe that this was explained in the article.

Quote:
s has been pointed out many, many times, the Resident Evil series is part of the larger zombie genre, in which the zombies are typically white. Resident Evil 4 took the traditional zombie concept in a new direction by crafting a storyline where the traditional "zombie" was replaced by a faster, smarter zombie-like infected human. That game was set in Spain, and all of the enemies spoke Spanish. The driver behind their language and appearance was the setting, not a secret racist agenda. In fact, I can imagine that is Resident Evil 6 were set in India, the zombies would be Indian, or in China the zombies would be Chinese, or in Iran the zombies would be Persian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #23
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

You can't stand up and complain that your race being the antagonists of a story is racist without looking like a brainless douche.

Let's pretend you're designing this game and have chosen the setting to be in China. So, logically, since it's about a zombie disease infecting everyone, the great majority of those it infects will be Chinese.

OH NO WAIT A MINUTE

We can't do that! What will the Chinese think if the protagonist kills almost exclusively Chinese? That's racist! How can we solve this problem? I know! We'll make a politically correct group of zombies, with equal numbers of every race on Earth in it! Forget the fact that it crushes all credibility of the story and can't logically come to pass, we can't make the Chinese believe that we have an agenda against them!

White people don't complain that we're usually the guys getting shot in video games. Wake up you cunts.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #24
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

First of all, every ****ing one of you have nothing to care about, you're not black. Yes, go ahead and say, "Chromer playing the race card only seems to make your ignorance greater, blah blah blah."

All of you can go blow me. In a world where stereotypes reign supreme and your race only serves to further it, did any of you asses actually stop to think that a game where the main antagonists are infected Africans attacking a white person who is the protagonists wasn't going to start trouble? It's bad enough there are racist people in the world who think we are savages to begin with; this game only seems to make it acceptable. You people forget that the African American community is easily offended. Mark my words, the moment the NAACP and Al Sharpton find out about this game, the ****storm will be greater than it ever has for a videogame.

Believe it.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #25
Darkjakk
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
First of all, every ****ing one of you have nothing to care about, you're not black. Yes, go ahead and say, "Chromer playing the race card only seems to make your ignorance greater, blah blah blah."

All of you can go blow me. In a world where stereotypes reign supreme and your race only serves to further it, did any of you asses actually stop to think that a game where the main antagonists are infected Africans attacking a white person who is the protagonists wasn't going to start trouble? It's bad enough there are racist people in the world who think we are savages to begin with; this game only seems to make it acceptable. You people forget that the African American community is easily offended. Mark my words, the moment the NAACP and Al Sharpton find out about this game, the ****storm will be greater than it ever has for a videogame.

Believe it.
No one has said (Or as far as I read anyway) that it wasn't going to attract attention, what were saying is: Who the **** cares?

Seriously grow up, Resident Evil 4 had zombies who were primarily spanish. I don't remember any spanish people or latin groups going "THERE DEPICTING US AS SAVAGES WAAAHH WAAHHH". Im not a racist, but black people are the only people who pull this **** every god damn time

Last edited by Darkjakk; 08-18-2007 at 09:35 PM..
Darkjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #26
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjakk View Post
Im not a racist, but black people are the only people who pull this **** every god damn time
You have no idea what you have just done.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #27
Darkjakk
FFR Player

I'm quite aware of what I've done, but I wanted to put my point across. Really I don't care what anyone says after my post as far as im concerned it'll just be a big load of :
Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #28
zidart
FFR Player

yeah i am latin and i wasn't insulted with resident evil 4 (like i said it made the game easier for me), is just a game, those people black, white or whatever are not real, im sure that capcom didn't make this game in africa for a racist reason
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #29
Darkjakk
FFR Player

Plus the people who created it are Asian. Asian culture =/= Our Culture. Thats something some of you fail to understand.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #30
alster1
What is this I don't even
FFR Veteran

no no no you see people they actually wanted to make the zombies black so that the game would be more challenging
because it's harder to see them in the dark
oh wait that was just racist never mind
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #31
Darkjakk
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by alster1 View Post
no no no you see people they actually wanted to make the zombies black so that the game would be more challenging
because it's harder to see them in the dark
oh wait that was just racist never mind

Oh my... :P
Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #32
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post

Believe it.
If they do, I'll have lost all respect for either. Defending this article means you're racist, because it means you advocate killing white people instead of black people.

Personally, I don't see a problem with this. As was said before, Resident Evil 4 was set in Spain. The entire game was about killing Spaniards. I don't see any Spaniards raising complaints about this. Does that means it's OK to kill EVERY OTHER RACE except for black people? San Andreas was nearly 99% killing black people. Was there serious backlash about that? Not that I remember. So does that mean it's OK to kill black people, as long as the killer is black? I'm white, but did you see me raising concerns about any other game where white people die? So it's OK for white people to die?

The longer our society lives in fear of not offending another race and just pushing everything onto white people, the longer we live in implicit segregation.

Last edited by Squeek; 08-18-2007 at 11:57 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 AM   #33
whyudothis
Banned

k I'm black and this is stupid **** seriously. I wish we would stop pulling out the ethnic minority card so much when theres reasonable explinations. Stupid PC brigade.

4 had you killing the spanish and not one of them cried and went omg this is disciminative. IT'S IN SPAIN YOU WON'T FIND MANY WHITE PEOPLE IN SPAIN!

Same for this one, how many white people do you think you would see in Africa not many, it's common sense.

They are zombies anyway so they are not real people and you are only protecting yourself from being eaten.

Now they are going to have to replace Leon with his new cooler black brutha Zeon from the streets because the rule is you can only shoot zombies your own race.
whyudothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #34
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

i heard chris redfield is half japaneese

ps

I AM GETTING THAT GAME :O!!!!

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR

Last edited by RB_Dreamscanner; 08-19-2007 at 07:50 AM..
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #35
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Defending this article means you're racist, because it means you advocate killing white people instead of black people.
thread over

Old 08-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #36
x6tence
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to x6tence Send a message via Yahoo to x6tence

Black people zombies? since when did we become zombies theres no waaay we can get pale.

-wait im goin to get a tan lol
x6tence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
tulipan
FFR Player

well resident evil 4 was about killing us latins, is the turn of the black people
tulipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #38
Tokzic
FFR Player

What some people don't seem to understand is that by pulling out the race card repeatedly, by going "oh my god this offends me and should be banned/destroyed/etc." you are not only being an enormous hypocrite for not complaining about anything that does not feature every single race equally, but you are also directly harming the cause you think you're fighting for. People who think race has no bearing on any aspects of life see your attitude and are reminded, and are subconsciously nudged into thinking there's a difference between races, especially impressionable people like children.

Being offensive is one thing but taking offense from things that don't intend to give it is ignorant, hypocritical, and counter-productive.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #39
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
oh hey I agree with carbo that's weird o_O
im not 12 anymore welcome back to ffr where the **** have you been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
If they do, I'll have lost all respect for either. Defending this article means you're racist, because it means you advocate killing white people instead of black people.
Y halo der slippery slope argument. Remember the zombies as far as we know are ALL black. Maybe those people want a mix of black and white.

Defending the article means you're racist because the article takes note of race when race is completely arbitrary. It has no message. It does not advocate killing black people. It is cultural realism.

Maybe we should send more white people to live in Africa =)
Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #40
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Yeah, because there are a ton of white folks living in African villages. So let's make the game inaccurate just to please random people.

After watching a few Umbrella Chronicles videos, I noticed there are women dying in Resident Evil games. Why aren't women complaining? Oppression!
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote