Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default before and after time...

I'm new to the CT forums and don't now if this post is good enough for it but let's get down to the point...

I was wondering if there was time before time, if anything existed before time and if anything or anyone did, then who? How and when did time start?

I'm also wondering about if there is an end to time, and if there is, how or when do you think it will end? What will become of anyone or anything after time? WILL there be ANYTHING after time?

I want your opinions and explanations about what you think about this.

(I dunno if there was a thread about this before but if there was, tell me and close this thread after)
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
solopro
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to solopro Send a message via MSN to solopro Send a message via Yahoo to solopro
Default Re: before and after time...

Interesting.
AAAs: Nine

Unique AAAs: Three

Most Recent: Excite Bike (Achieved 08/02/07, at 1153 hours)

Best: Disconnected

solopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
falconsfan14
Banned

Send a message via AIM to falconsfan14

I think there is an end to time. I believe there is a theory about the universe imploding on itself, but i forget what it is called. Someone here knows, im sure of it.
falconsfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Well, what is time?

We see time as events passing through 3 dimensional space time. So I think it is sort of safe to assume time is some sort of representation of events passing.

So I guess you can say time began, under this definition, at the big bang. It's hard to say if time still existed before then because we have absolutely no knowledge to base it on.

I'm pretty sure it could have existed before the big bang, since you don't really need to create time...it doesn't need to begin, it just needs something to represent itself.

Quote:
I think there is an end to time. I believe there is a theory about the universe imploding on itself, but i forget what it is called. Someone here knows, im sure of it.
The big crunch.

And it was falsified in 2004 or something when WMAP discovered the universe was primarily (74%) "Dark Energy", which essentially magical crap we don't understand that is causing the universe to expand faster and faster. I suppose we understand it...it's energy that presents a negative or outward push, but we don't really know why or how or what it is.

So this means the universe will expand indefinitely with no end and 'time' will continue on.

Last edited by Reach; 09-12-2006 at 06:00 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Unless the universe is cyclic, time began at the Big Bang. If it is, time may never have begun (the universe is infinitely old) or it began at a specific Big Bang.

Again, unless the universe is cyclic, time will end when the universe does. Handily, Wikipedia has a list of all the ways the universe is likely to end (rapture being another, if you're religious; heaven and hell are timeless places by definition)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimat...f_the_universe

If it's a big crunch, it might be a cyclic universe and the big crunch will follow into another big bang. If it ends some other way, time is screwed.

This is all assuming the Big Bang is correct, of course. It likely is.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

<universe><time> stuff</time> </universe>

You're welcome.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #7
TheGuyThatHiredGod
FFR Player

The universe was created by the big bang. Scientists estimate that the big bang was equal to 1 CNRHK. That is alot. The force of a bullet is about a hundred thousand billionths of a CNRHK. The big bang was created by a CRNHK. The CRNHK was created by God. God was created by me.
TheGuyThatHiredGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
this_n00b_rocks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach
Well, what is time?

We see time as events passing through 3 dimensional space time. So I think it is sort of safe to assume time is some sort of representation of events passing.

So I guess you can say time began, under this definition, at the big bang. It's hard to say if time still existed before then because we have absolutely no knowledge to base it on.

I'm pretty sure it could have existed before the big bang, since you don't really need to create time...it doesn't need to begin, it just needs something to represent itself.

The big crunch.

And it was falsified in 2004 or something when WMAP discovered the universe was primarily (74%) "Dark Energy", which essentially magical crap we don't understand that is causing the universe to expand faster and faster. I suppose we understand it...it's energy that presents a negative or outward push, but we don't really know why or how or what it is.

So this means the universe will expand indefinitely with no end and 'time' will continue on.
So if the universe were to continue expanding, wouldn't time start to distort once the universe expands enough? I know that that would be a [b]really]/b] long time away, but still. Our grandkids to the 100th power could end up having something like 30 hours in a day.
this_n00b_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
So if the universe were to continue expanding, wouldn't time start to distort once the universe expands enough? I know that that would be a [b]really]/b] long time away, but still. Our grandkids to the 100th power could end up having something like 30 hours in a day.
Distort? The expansion of the universe won't distort time.

Gravitational fields distort time though. This is called time dilation, which is fused into relativity. But again this has nothing to do with the universes expansion.

When the universe stands expanding retardedly fast it will just destory all of the matter within it and convert it to pure energy. This does suck quite a bit XD But won't happen for atleast 50 billion years, if it does happen.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #10
this_n00b_rocks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach
Distort? The expansion of the universe won't distort time.

Gravitational fields distort time though. This is called time dilation, which is fused into relativity. But again this has nothing to do with the universes expansion.

When the universe stands expanding retardedly fast it will just destory all of the matter within it and convert it to pure energy. This does suck quite a bit XD But won't happen for atleast 50 billion years, if it does happen.
Ah. I thought it was a good shot.
this_n00b_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote