Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default AsphyxZero's Freaking Pettanko Tournament!

Welcome to the first ever pettanko tournament! If you don't know what pettanko is, don't google it because it has to do with flat-chested anime girls (thanks blurk).

INFO
Pettanko on FFR/SM is when you play spread with your ring and pinky fingers. It's a bit tricky to start playing with, especially if you're not entirely great with normal spread. But once you get used to it, holy shit, a ton of easier files get crazy replay value. I mean, who's going to play files like palindrome with normal spread (not me l0l). anyways.

DATES
Sign ups are going to be until the 24th of June. A qualification round will start on the 18th, but this doesn't disallow anyone from entering. The qualification round is going to be used strictly for placement, so don't worry about bad fingers giving you bad scores. That round will go up until the end of signups. If you want to signup during the qual round, you are free to do so, just send me the qual scores. First round will begin on the 25th at or around 4pm PST.

There will be 4 divisions.

THE 4 SEASONS
Division 1 will be for the players that are still getting used to playing the game. Expect to play For Beginners to Easy files, with the occasional Standard file later on in the tournament. If you know you're not as good as some at FFR, or are terrible at pettanko, this is the division for you.

Division 2 will be for players that have been playing for a bit, but still not as long as some others. Files in this division will be Standard to Difficult.

Division 3 is for the players that have been playing for quite some time. Files in this division will be from Difficult to Very Challenging.

Division 4 is for the best of the best. Expect Very Challenging and FMOs in this division. The final round might be a FGO, but that's all depending on how well people do.

Scoring system will be RAW SCORING. This way, we don't have people mashing their way to first place.

The prizes will be credits (obviously), but I currently don't have much to give for a prize. Donations would be awesome, but send them to my pettanko account.

The tournament will be bracketed, with each division being their own bracket.

SCORES
PM all screenshots to pettanko. Screenshots should meet the following criteria:

Either a png or jpg, NO REPLAYS!
Must contain username and timestamp.
Must be sent to me before the round ends. Late submissions will be handled on a case to case basis (if your dog dies, that's understandable... if you were way too high to remember, see ya next year).

It is highly recommended that you post attempts before you send me your main score. Not only for bragging purposes but also for another key reason, which is detailed in the next paragraph.

YO READ THIS
Since there are probably going to be people that cheat to win (ie using normal playstyles, ffr trainer (LOL THIS STILL EXISTS), etc), anyone who posts a suspicious score or sends me a suspicious score will be required to record a video of them playing the same song. Fingers visible, monitor visible, face doesn't have to visible unless you're attractive. If the margin of error is large enough, you will be disqualified. For example, yaboy posts an sdg on seven. His scores haven't been of this quality throughout the entire tournament. So he has to send a video (or upload to youtube). Based on that video, it could mean life or death (whatever). Also, the old "I don't have a camera" excuse won't hold up, so unless you're prepared to bs the community hardcore, play outside your comfort zone.

With all that said, I welcome you to tournament and may the best pinkies win (o, and ring fingers)!

DA PLAYERS
nois-or-e
xXAll-ProXx
Zekramcross
MaxGhost
Elite Ninja
awein999
tidus810
iironiic
zolaric
emulord
Soul.