Default Re: ODIPack3 Simfile Reviews

will be posting a review of EVERY SONG by Saturday
because everyone needs my opinion right
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 01:05 AM   #222
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

roundBuXe's opinion is p. valuable ..... (6gold each file)
Old 06-6-2013, 02:22 AM   #223
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

if only your files had more stanky leg for the birthday boy
Old 06-6-2013, 02:48 AM   #224
mi40

i'll make sure to get loose wit it & do da stanki legg next paq
ClapThighs also cming soone...

Last edited by mi40; 06-6-2013 at 02:50 AM..
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 03:04 AM   #225
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

who the f is roundbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 03:25 AM   #226
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

One of the "oldskool crew" sorta
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 03:49 AM   #227
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Roundbox sighting
Where loot at
Old 06-6-2013, 04:50 AM   #228
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

loot is probably dead somewhere in michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
who the f is roundbox?
I've been playing this game far too long
Old 06-6-2013, 09:57 AM   #229
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Hey Bufang, did you ever get an email from Rick?
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 05:34 PM   #230
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

who's rick?

nope

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 05:36 PM   #231
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

I'm Rick.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 05:41 PM   #232
mi40

so tempted to make rick james
Old 06-6-2013, 10:13 PM   #233
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
who's rick?

nope
he's the guy who I asked you about re: the book review

I gave him your [realname]@gmail.com email
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2013, 01:31 PM   #234
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Posting my review here since I forgot to.

Aegis: What a unique way to start the pack with a fun X-mod file. The patterns felt really good on the fingers, and the x-mods were great and not to the point where they became tedious. Difficulty was very consistent, although some of the parts felt slightly empty to me. Good dump file though. Definitely worth another play anytime! 7.5/10

Apocynthion Drive: Holy shit, this is really hard. Most of the patterns are super nice and clean (even the ridiculous 24th runs). I felt that some of the parts that have the longer holds, such as the one in the beginning were a little BS, but I suck at this game, so I can’t really complain. I’d play it again just to get a good score. Pretty damn fun though. 7/10

asdfmovie6 Song: Pretty cool file. The patterns felt really good to hit, the mines were placed really well, and it’s a pretty awesome and upbeat song. Only complaint is the upbeat holds near the end felt a little too long and kind of got in the way of the flow, but I’d definitely play this again! 7/10

Autoprocess: Not too bad of a file. Pretty dang difficult. I felt that the repeating doubles got really BS at points, but most of the patterns were really nice. Interesting ideas that were presented for a very out there song. I’d play it again to get a better score. 6.5/10

Bambous: This kicked some major ass. The swing was just perfect. The patterns felt really nice, and it was all around fun to play. It felt slightly repetitive though, but that’s okay with me. Definitely playing this again! 8.5/10

Battle! Team Plasma: Fun file. The burst patterns are really smooth and consistent, with some neat variation in the pattern. Pretty dang difficult at points though. I’m definitely playing this again though! 7/10

Bit Howl: It’s hard. Not very memorable for me. Idk, it’s something about Dev/Null files that just aren’t very memorable for me, I can’t explain it. Some parts I felt were a bit dumpy, but that’s just me. I might play it again just to try and score better. 6/10

Blue Rose: This was so damn great. I felt that it really represented the song super well. The patterns felt so good to play, the solos were all kick ass, and even though it was long, it kept my attention the entire six minutes. Only tiny complaint I have is that some of the patterns felt incredibly repetitive. Excellent file and song choice! 9/10

BSPower Explosion:
Heavy: Pretty cool for the most part. Some of the polyrhythms were a bit meh, and some parts felt a bit repetitive with the patterns, but its relatively fun overall. I would play it again! 6.5/10

Challenge: Interesting contrast to Heavy. Some parts were really cool while other parts was more like ??? It wasn’t too bad, but some of the 16th patterns were awkward. 6.5/10

Captain Murasa’s Ass Anchor: Lol this file was super fun. The 16th patterns were really nice, and the mine placement wasn’t annoying to no end. That one part near the end where the tempo doubled and it was the 4th and 8th question and answer part reminded me of Kommi’s IOSYS file in Xoon 3. I’d play this again. 8.75/10

Chaotic White: This was super clean and fun to play. As expected of a Moches file. Well done. 8/10

Child Protective Service’s Theme Song: Well that was a bit out there hahaha. Pretty interesting file. The patterns were nice and really fun. The song just really throws me off as a bit odd. I’d play it again. 7/10

Chronos: This was pretty dang awesome. The patterns are really funky and go really well with the really funky and awesome song. Definitely playing this again! 8.5/10

CirnoRHTL: I don’t know what to say about this hahahahahaha. It’s just so wut. It was fun though. 6.5/10

Clash: Nice, simple, and clean. Super fun file by Zagh. I enjoyed it very much. It’s very refreshing and awesome to see a file from you! 8/10

Contact: Pretty cool file. The layering was great and had a nice chill flow to it. Only complaint is that some of the 32nd and 48th bursts kinda sucked. Then again, I kinda suck at this game. I’d definitely play this a couple of more times. 7/10

Crack in the Hourglass: This was great. The solos were kick ass, the patterns kicked ass, this was a great file, and it has that very GLoVE patina to it. Only complaint is that some of the patterns were a bit out of nowhere difficult, but it’s overshadowed by the rest of the file. 8.5/10

Cyberstorm: That made me nauseous as I played it O.o I would only play this every once in awhile just because of the colors flashing so fast it made it very hard to enjoy it. I guess it’s just not my cup of tea :/ nauseous/10

Demonish Animal Appearance: Very clean file. Super fun. Not much else to say about it, other than a typical dondon file. Well done. 8/10

Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die: A hard file. Umm Nothing else to say really. Venetian Snares/10

Dishevel: Pretty cool ideas here. Patterns are nice for the most part. Just a typical Flashbulb file though. Pretty challenging and fast. 7/10

Do it This Way: This was fun. Really nice and upbeat song kept my attention, and super clean steps kept me from hitting the escape button. Great file, very replayable. 8.5/10

Don’t Say Anything: Very nice and simple patterns that were fun and memorable to play. I liked this one quite a bit. I’d play this again. 7.5/10

Earthquake: Great job. This was really cool and felt really good to play. The patterns had nice variation, the solos were good, and the creativity was neat. I’m definitely playing this again! 8.5/10

Eater Merry: This was pretty cool too. The patterns were really nice and were very consistent. I would just be careful of the layering at the guitar solo, it was a little iffy (typically I wouldn’t layer on super fast guitar solos, but that’s just me), but overall, relatively chill file. 7.5/10

Echo of Forever: This was a very relaxing file. The music was nice and calming, the steps were super clean, and just had a very polished look to it. Nice job. 8/10

Ehhen Doyadosu? Tengujiman: Ehhhhhhh its okay. I thought there were wayyy to many holds. I think it could’ve been toned down. It’s okay, nothing too special. 6.5/10

Empty Skydiving: It’s nothing too special. But a great warmup file that’s for sure. 7/10

endleSSSation- Nice patterns, and decently chill song. Nothing too special, but pretty clean. 7/10

EOS: really nice file. I liked the patterns used throughout. No major complaint really. Its pretty cool. 7.5/10

Fallen World: Now this is how you make a Dragonforce file. Great job. This is really really good. The patterns rocked, the solos were just stunning, and it’s such a good song. Definitely playing this again for a really long time! 9/10

Far East Nightbird: Great job Mochers. It’s very clean overall, there was only one part where I raged due to mines, but very nice overall. 8/10

Fashion Queen: This was really nice and chill. I felt like I was almost reliving my childhood in the 90s with this song. Nice job. 8/10

Fatal Tragedy: My file. I’m really proud on how this turned out. It’s pretty well balanced with fun factor and difficulty. NA/10

fffff: Lol more Xoon 3 memories. Nothing too special about this. Decently fun. 7/10

Five Regrets: This was great. A very nice tango like Osamu Kubota file. Super clean. Nothing notably wrong with it. 8.5/10

Ge4ce vFUR v2: What The Fuck Are You Doing.

GO! GO! MANIAC: Lol so many memories with LCP. Nothing too special, but a decent swing file. 7.5/10

Gravestoned: Damn this is hard. Interesting ideas that are presented and was decently fun to play. But damn some of those patterns were bleh. 7/10

Guile of the Rime King: Pretty neat file overall. Nice patterns, chill song, and pretty fun to play. Not much else to it. 7.5/10

HAERETICUS: I couldn’t really get into it. I heard some weird things, like either 24ths that sound like they should be 16ths, or 16ths that should be 12ths, idk it’s weird. Not my cup of tea. 6/10

Howling: This is great. The patterns felt super nice and clean, and the layering was just solid. Nice job! 8/10

I Like Trains: Me too. Oh this file is cool btw. Kthxbai. 8.5/10

I’ll Forget You, You’ll Never Forget Me:
Standard: Really nice and chill steps. Everything feels nice. Nothing too notable though. 7.5/10
Heavy: Not too bad either. Patterns were interesting and very chill. Nothing too notable though. 7.25/10

I’M ON CRACK: I don’t know why this was so enjoyable for me, but it was really fun. Maybe because the song was so damn funny and true. Definitely playing this again! 8.25/10

In the Name of God: My file NA/10

Innocent Walls: Like the jack theory ideas in here a lot. Good job. 8/10

Insect Digestion Melancholy: My file NA/10

Jack-the-Ripper: Really interesting file. I like the ideas that were presented in this. I might play this one a couple more times. 7.5/10

Jordan: My file NA/10

Kona-yta-mina-tangs be Altered Scale: Really interesting song choice and steps. I would say it isn’t as good as Blue Rose, but still a good file. 7.5/10

Laste Testament Of Twelfth Mother: A nice and clean file done by none other than Kil. Very nice job. 8.5/10

Laveran no Shokutaku: Not very memorable for me. Idk why, it’s just very boring to me :/ Sorry 6/10

Lawn Wake II: My file NA/10

Light House: Very well made file. Nothing too special though. 7/10

Lockene: For a short file, this is kinda sweet. Going to definitely work on this one! 7.5/10

Lost Not Forgotten: Really nice job overall. The solos were very clean and patterns were good for the most part. I felt that the ending was a bit much though. Good file overall 8/10

MarioStep: Needs more bass, and on a serious note, needs more variation of the 12th and polyrhythm patterns, and more bass. Dubstep/10 (7/10)

Mirage Garden: This was really good. Although I felt some parts were really really over layered, it was nonetheless a solid file. Definitely worth another play! 8.25/10

Mr. Lonely: Solid Ossa file. Really brought back some nostalgia! I enjoyed it quite a bit! 8/10

My So Called Life: Really nice job with this one. I liked the patterns a lot, it really captured the really chill rhythm that is pursuing, and really nice job on the faster drum break stuff. Nice job! 8.5/10

Narcolepsy: You hit my sweet spot. I LOOOOOVE Blotted Science, and this chart does a good job representing the technicality that they demonstrate through the music. Bravo! 9/10

New Decade: Roar filez. I like it, although it has a lot of Roar syndrome everywhere, it’s still a super fun file. 7.5/10

New Lights: Really cool file. That bit of climax there made it a very memorable file for me. Good job! 8.5/10

Nth Degree: This is just phenomenal. I enjoyed every second of this. So well crafted and super fun! I am at a loss of words. It’s just so damn good! 10/10

Oblivion: Nice and simple file. Clean patterns and a sweet song. I’ll play this again for sure! 7.75/10

Orbital: Really chill X-mod file. Works really well, I’ll need to work on improving my score though :P 8.25/10

Paradise Lost: Really nice file. The patterns felt really nice on the hands and it kept my attention throughout the file. Well done. 8/10

Parousa: Very nice file. I like this one over your other file that I talked about earlier. Everything felt much smoother and much cleaner to play. Good job! 8/10

Plasmatextor: This was a great file. The difficulty was very consistent, and the steps felt great. The only thing I really didn’t like was the 24th jacks outa nowhere, but that’s just coming from a sightreading perspective. 8.25/10

Polssia: Ehh, I really couldn’t get into it. Just not my cup of tea I suppose. 6/10

POP A PARADE: It’s okay I suppose. Nothing really stands out. Well made file, but that’s it really. 6.5/10

Poppin’ Shower: Despite this being a meh song to listen to imo, the charts actually really well done. Everything flows really well and doesn’t make you rage. The song just hurts to listen to. 7.25/10

Red Nikita: I liked this chart a lot. Really funky piano music to some really funky and cool steps. Well done! Keep it up! 8.75/10

Reefer Man:
Heavy: This was a blast to play. You hit my sweet spot when it comes to jazz. 9/10
Challenge: This is so good, you have no idea how much I love this chart. Just a perfect representation of jazz. 10/10

Requiem for a Dream: This is really kinda fun actually. It kept me on my toes to keep an eye out for what’s next and never let down. Nice! 8/10

Resurrected Replayer: This was a nice breath of fresh air. A nice and simple file that’s enjoyable and really catchy. Nice. 8/10

Rip Roar Power: Lol. Nothing to say about this. Lulz/10

Salieri Strikes Back: our file. I think we both did a good job representing the song in a different way from each other to make it more enjoyable. NA/10

Sane to More: Damn this was just fantastic. The solos were so damn great. Nothing negative to say about it. 10/10

Seven: Damn this was hard. The patterns were nice, but very very VERY challenging. Going to need to work on this one. 8.75/10

Sin: There’s not much left you can really do with this. I liked it though. 7.5/10
Snow Storm: This was pretty cool. The really fast piano section where it sped up was super cool and really represented a snow storm. Nice job! 8.5/10

Space is Key Theme Song: No. No/10

Speed Dial: This was a pretty cool song. Patterns were really nice, but nothing like omg super amazing. I might play it again maybe one or twice. 7.5/10

Spin the Disc: This was okay I suppose, nothing too notable about this to make it stand out, but it’s alright. 7/10

Sports!: Relatively easy and somewhat boring song until the drum solo, which was really freaking cool. Otherwise, nothing too special. 7.5/10

St. Alphonzo’s Pancake Breakfast and Father O’Blivion: Idk why I didn’t like this as much as Reefer Man, it’s weird. Good Chart and such, it just wasn’t as memorable as Reefer Man for me. 8/10

Swing Set: This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed this very much. Great swing song. 9/10

Synaptic Plasticity: Got me once again with the Blotted Science. I thought this was great, but not as great as your other Blotted Science file. This one felt a bit more awkward. Great job though! 8.5/10

The Bridgeport Run: I really liked this. You’re always able to take something really out there and somewhat abstract and really make it into something great. Bravo good sir. 9/10

The Creator: Nothing too notable about this. It’s very clean and well charted, but it doesn’t really jump out to me. 7/10

Time Out: Wow this was intense. There was a really interesting funk to it that I really got into, and the steps really showed the really intense and interesting funk. Nice job! 8.75/10

Toki: I really liked this. It’s very relaxing, simple, and really well made, not mention a lot of fun. Great job! 9/10

Transparent World: Nothing too special here. It feels really dumpy though. 6.5/10

Tranzport: Restep, but a good restep. The patterns feel pretty nice, and its overall a fairly enjoyable file. Might give it another go or two. 7.5/10

Tzuicha-cha: This is pretty dang neat. I like it quite a bit. It’s got a nice funk to it and it keeps your attention. 7.75/10

Ultraviolet Junglist: More Venetian Snares O.o It’s another typical Venetian Snares file, nothing too special, other than the fact that it’s really really long. Like holy crap, you should’ve cut the song. 7/10

Unconnected: Ehhhhhhh not my cup of tea. Sorry :P 6/10

Uplift: Not too bad at all. I like some of the pattern usage that you used, but the overall file isn’t that memorable. I’d play it again once or twice. 7.5/10

V^3 (Hello World): I really didn’t like this. I thought it was really creative, but I really couldn’t get into the file overall. Sorry 6/10

Waltz no. 17 in G Minor, “Waltz of the big dogs”: Wow this is hard. I love classical piano, so I’ll keep on working at this one. Nice. 7.75/10

We Are Hi-Speed [Nurrbody in this Bitch Get Chipsy Remix]: This I found to be really fun. The patterns were super nice and clean, but also providing a fair and super fun challenge to it. Good job! 8.25/10

Why am I Here?: Nice job! The solo’s were really nice and clean. I felt that maybe a couple of sections were a tiny bit empty, but that’s just a tiny observation that I noticed while playing. Good job! 8.5/10

Wooly Mammoth Stage: This was very interesting and unique. I really liked the jack theory used here, it was very smooth while playing and fit the song really well. Awesome! 8/10

Zen: Eh, nothing too memorable, although the beginning kicked major ass, then it kinda just fell face first. Not a bad file though. 7/10

(i wanna give you) Devotion: Really chill file and steps. I liked just winding down and playing this all relaxed. This was neat! 8/10

== KARMA FIED == : Not much to say about this, other than its just so damn good. Like no joke. This is so good. 10/10

Done. My favorite files from the pack are (in no particular order):
Sane to More
Nth Degree
== KARMA FIED ==
Reefer Man
Blue Rose

I’d give this pack a good 8.75/10

Just another note, I've been around the community ever since about 2008-ish, and have been on and off due to school and such. It is incredible to see how many new people are here and pumping out high quality files that I can only dream of making, all when I was out dealing with school. Maybe I'm just too overly critical about my own files, but its really nice to see the new people being able to grasp and understand simfile making and really chart the song in their own interpretation. Great job everyone. I'm so happy to have been able to contribute to an activity that brings all simfile artists together and do what we love. Keep it up everyone!
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2013, 02:27 PM   #235
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Thankfully someone agrees with me that my Laveran file isn't that special :P

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 06-7-2013, 02:53 PM   #236
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Everything else you made was pretty dang sick though!
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2013, 09:32 PM   #237
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Quote:
Well there isn't probably anything special in it since it's mostly good syncing and colorz everywhurz. What would you expect from a simartist whose specialty is that very color-sync anyway!

But you know just from the preview, hearing that sweet clack of the harpsichord... you know whoever the simartist was, you'll just enjoy it. It's one of the first files I played from the pack when I was mainly browsing it to get a quick view, because just listening to the preview made me want to play it.
Even though the simfile may not be anything special, the song clearly has one of the greatest stepping potential of the decade. Not because it has a tons of way to layer it while being fun... but simply because it's the kind of music that's just great to tap to.
And you deserve at least to be thanked for stepping perfectly a music like that.

Last edited by ScylaX; 06-7-2013 at 09:39 PM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2013, 02:10 AM   #238
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

IT'S DONE and in alphabetical order by song title

Aegis - better than I expected, honestly. patterns are pretty entertaining. 8.5
Apocynthion Drive - 24th parts were pretty dumb, everything else was decent. however, not really memorable for a marathon length file. 7
ASDFMOVIE6 Song - Was okay. wubs are wubs, I guess. jumpstreams had nice patterns. 8
Autoprocess - well handled for drumz n BURsTz. Could be a good warmup file. 8.25
Bambous - SWINGGGG. pretty fun. would play again, easily. 9
Battle! Team Plasma - I wish reading this was possible but some of this shit is just bonkers 7.5
Bit Howl - nothing really memorable here. 7.5
Blue Rose - fuck yes this file. I like this version over the cut one Yesssss stepped, way less constricting on SM than the FFR counterpart. 9.5
BSpower Explosion (ONI) - Minijacks used correctly. Really fun. 9
BSpower Explosion (HEAVY) - I slightly prefer the ONI version, but this is a solid chart as well. 8.5
Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor (ONI) - A pleasant surprise. Jumpstream patterns are pretty fun, spoken word part is slightly awkward but it was honestly the best thing to step at that part. Really digging the mines in this file too. 9
Chaotic WHITE - Fun. Might see some people do rates on this file? 8.5
Child Protective Services Theme Song (ONI) - decent. not really memorable. 7.5
Chronos - another super solid Kommisar file. you somehow turned that song into something very playable. 9
CirnoRHTL - thought this was gonna be another stupid overstepped hardfile but the patterns in this go together well 8.5
Clash - what I expected from zagh, solid all around. 9.25
Contact - the rolls in this are much easier to hit than I thought, felt really nice with everything else in the file. 9
Crack in the Hourglass - glovestep. 9
Cyberstorm - eh. 8
Deomnish Animal Appearance - Everything but the beginning is really good. fuck those left handed jacks 8.5
DIE WINNIPEG blabhablhab - the longer this went on, the more I wish I hadn't started it. would it be more fun if I was better? maybe, but this is kind of a dump, no offense. 6
Dishevel - pretty good. Rolls aren't retarded either 8.5
Do it This Way - fucking shit this file is awesome 9.5
Don't Say Anything - kinda boring 7
Earthquake - is it bad that I kinda prefer the dump version over this 7
Eater Merry - pretty fun, good for MA fiends 8.5
Echo of Forever - solid 9
Ehhen japanese words etc. - more fun than I thought it was gonna be, but I must say mosaic.wav/10 (8.5)
Empty Skydiving - some fun parts here and there, but there wasn't anything that really stood out aside from the annoying as fuck one-handed jumpstreams toward the end. 6.5
endlesssssssSSSSsssssssssssStation - pretty cool layering tricks. will probably be playing a couple times in the future. 8.5
EOS - good for MA, otherwise a little on the forgettable side 8
Fallen World - dragonforce. ugh. Well, it wasn't... bad? guitar parts were good but I'm probably just hating on this file for the song itself. sorry. 8
Far East Nightbird - loooove the mines in this file. Pretty fun too. 8.75
Fashion Queen - never thought I'd see a Torrent file that I liked. fantastic for rates. (I liked, My Half is pretty fun) 9
Fatal Tragedy - really fun 9
fffffffffffffff - couldn't stop thinking about the solo chart when I was playing this. decent transition into 4-key 8
Five Regrets - pretty cool, the buildup was nicely done 8.5
ge4ce - as the sub-title suggests, what the fuck are you doing?/10
GO! GO! MANIAC - where are you coming from with all these awesome files wtf 9.5
Gravestoned - forgettable 7.5
Guile of the Rime King - fun 8.75
HAERETICUS - what is up with these stupid rolls and shit 6.5
Howling - boring 7
i like trains - i like this file 9
I'll forget You (STANDARD) - nifty, rates on rates for this file incoming 8.5
I'll forget You (HEAVY) - same as above I guess 8.5
I'm On Crack! - neat, but kinda boring for me 8
In the Name of God - accurate and well stepped, just felt that fatal tragedy was better 8.5
Innocent Walls - this new jack theory stuff is definitely not my thing, although the souce material doesn't really give you much else to do 7
Insect Digestion Melancholy - I really like the holds in this file, nothing else really stands out though 8
Jack-the-Ripper - That was a pretty weird song, but you had some nice patterns here and there 8.5
Jordan - same as In the Name of God (8.5)
kona words words words ALTERED SCALE - it's like a slower version of Usatei but more colorful 9
Laste Testament of Twelfth Mother - at first I thought this was gonna do some boring loop shit like some files in the VGMP collection but this turned into something pretty fun, really. 9
Laveran no Shokutaku - nifty 9
Lawn Wake II - lawn wake songs everywhere 8.5
Light House - pretty gud, good for MA/rates 8.75
Lockene - if this wasn't like 20 seconds long I would hate it 8
MarioSTEP - dubstep? really? I mean, the patterns weren't bad (except for that shit at the end) but dubstep. gross. 7.5
Mirage Garden - will definitely be playing this many times, fun as hell 9.55555
Mr. Lonely - Interesting 8.75 (+.25 for Kyle Hyde GFX)
My So-Called Life - this is fun as hell 9
Narcolepsy - ending made up for the beginning 8.5
New Decade - hands and silly jacks 8
New Lights - some parts were weird, some parts were really fun, not sure what to think of this one 8.5
Nth Degree - STEPHEN KAY OH MAN that was actually the first solid marathon file of this pack, gj 9
oblivion - fun, but forgettable 8.5
orbital - would probably be super cool after practice. xmod/10
Paradise Lost - bretty cool 9
Parousia - it was a file 8.5
Plasmatextor - song's catchy, nothing else really memorable though 8
Polssia - everything was good until you vomited in the middle of a decent stream with 32nds and 24ths like 70% into the song 8.5
Pop a Parade - better than HARAEUTiwhatever but those clusters of whatever were pretty annoying to read 8
Poppin' Shower - fun patterns, although really repetetive 8.5
Red Nikita - neat. can't really say much more about it though. 8.5
Reefer Man (HEAVY) - cool swingin', but... 8.5
Reefer Man (ONI) - prefer the ONI over the HEAVY version 9
Requin For a Team - cool stuff here and there, AAA bait 8.5
Resurrected Replayer - holy fuck this file is awesome. amazing use of holds/mines. 9.5
Rip Roar Power - accurate I guess but this shit isn't for me 5
Salieri Strikes Back (ONI) - only doing oni because marathon and people are going nuts over this version: you definitely took some risks here and followed more shit than the DukAmok version from LONG AGO, and at least you didn't make the big solo section runningmen. still choked from bad memories. 9
Sane to More - SHORT (and sweet) 9.25
Seven - I actually like the one handed stuff in this file, idk why. The chorus/first verse or whatever it was when the lyrics come in is kinda weak, everything else is fun as fuc 8.75
SIN - pretty textbook cetaka file, got some coul jumpstreams and stuff like that 8.75
Snow Storm - interesting I guess, cyan notes everywhere. decently fun 8.5
Space is Key - it started off pretty cool but as it went on I just wanted it to be over. 8
Speed Dial - minijacks were ??? but everything else was decent. might play some time int he future 8.5
Spin the Disc - definitely prefer this over IAmMe's version, but was never really a fan of the song myself 8.5
Sports! - that was actually pretty sick 9
St. Alphonzo's - this file is so light and fluffy white 9.5
Swing Set - will probably be grinding the shit out of this for MA (AAA sightread whoa) 9
Synaptic Plasticity - that bass line is so funky delicious 9.5
The Bridgeport Run - was alright, prefer your other file in this pack tho 8.5
The Creator - good patterns, nothing really hooks me on this file though 8.5
Time Out - not for me, sorry 8
Toki - gr9 file 9
Transparent World - first and foremost: OH GOD THAT VOICE. not really into the hatsune miku thing. also, same kind of thing with DIE WINNIPEG on the hardness factor but you at least tone it down with other difficulties. I still played edit, and it was pretty coul, it'll just take me awhile to handle. 8.5
Tranzport - I like the restep, but I prefer the original (aperson's is bretty good) 8.75
Tzuicha-cha - welcome back to stepmans. really fun file, actually. 9
Ultraviolent Junglist - awesome work on this file, seriously. difficulty ramps up nicely and is consistent throughout. 9.5
Unconnected - alright, most of the patterns weren't really bullshit 8
Uplift - kinda generic 7.5
v3 - thighs sufficiently clapped 9.5
Waltz No. 17 - nah/10
We Are Hi-Speed - decent patterns here and there, nothing too crazy 8.5
Why Am I Here? - definitely a little more tame than your other two files. nothing here really grabbed my attention though 8.5
Wooly Mammoth Stomp - AAA bait 8
Zen - Not bad, not superb either 8
(I wanna give you) Devotion - 64ths and slightly awkward holds 8
==KARMA-fied!== - solid use of just about everything, however the amount of movements in the song was a little off-putting to me. solid steps though 9

all in all, pack is pretty solid. Some really strong files here and there, most simfile artists are really newcomers to me since I've been in and out of SM for awhile now. My opinion may not be the coolest or most relevant, but I'm pretty sure everyone wants to hear more opinions about their file. Maybe not. Special awards go to Glove and Scintill for strong file contribution to this pack.
gg wp
Old 06-8-2013, 02:31 AM   #239
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

More luvs for echo of forever I'm so happy my only file after so many years got such positive recognition!

also hi roundbocks im necros!!
Old 06-8-2013, 03:47 AM   #240
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

ScylaX, that's gotta be the most ranty compliment I've ever gotten, thanks
P.S: Reading the post again doesn't sound as angry as the first time; try reading it angrily, more fun

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 06-8-2013 at 04:36 AM..