Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #261
AquaTeen
FFR Player

Angry Re: Michael Jackson...is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Also, stop posting your biased opinions. Although the verdict came back non-guilty, doesn't mean he never did anything wrong. You're making him out to be some sort of deity.
Well he was brilliant and just because you have your opinion about him doesn't mean I have to give up my right to support him just to follow your opinions about him. Jerk!!!!
To live is Christ, to die is gain Philippians 1:21 ♥
AquaTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #262
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl
Default Re: Michael Jackson...is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaTeen View Post
Thank you I agree 1,000,000,000,000,000% with you. I appreciate you putting these douches in their places.
Wow.

Just wow. Grow a brain. How am I being a douche? Jurs and I are having a half-brained discussion. It's not me being a douche, but me trying to show my view that celebrities should not be idolized as much as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734 View Post
That's a pretty unrealistic view. I'd gladly put my mother above some kidnapping, murdering rapist who has to spend the rest of his life in jail for the crimes he committed. MJ was never convicted of any of the crimes he had supposedly committed. Therefore, it's not your place to say that he definitely was this or that. I'm not putting him above a random person in the street because he's a superstar. Michael Jackson is 1000000x the person that Soulja Boy will ever be (he's a superstar, too). Michael's contributions to this world and the impact he had on people are what makes him a great person.
That was my one loophole that I didn't really cover. I'm sure there are others, but yeah. Criminals should be lowered, but celebrities should not be idolized. A lot of people should not be following what these idols do because there are better decisions in life. I know where you're coming from though, jurs. It's just my issue with everything that is seen from these superstars. Their behaviors are not what I want my children to grow up following. I respect that, in the celebrity crowd, MJ should be placed above, say, lindsay lohan. But that's because lindsay lohan has issues. I guess we should be viewed as equals to them (we being those of us who aren't mudering child rapists), because we all are people.

Last edited by iluswirl; 06-27-2009 at 11:44 AM..
iluswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #263
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I don't mean this to be an essay or anything but these are my thoughts.

Odds are NONE of you really know what went on in those court proceedings. I bet you guys couldn't even tell me the finer details of it all. All you guys know is "He was accused of being a child molester -- blah blahblah he's a pervert now."

I mean, he was indeed a bizarre man with a bizarre lifestyle, but he was never found guilty on those sexual charges, and he had plenty of evidence in his favor. People just WANT him to be guilty because the nature of his lifestyle (which was meant to simply recreate a happy childhood). Just because he was unusual doesn't mean he's guilty. The way he conducted things was perhaps socially taboo to some degree, or simply unusual, but not malicious or harmful.

Read the court proceedings and summaries if you really want a better idea of what happened.

Regardless, MJ is a musical legend and has easily been an inspiration to countless artists. His accomplishments are incredible, and his music and style revolutionized the industry as we know it. He is absolutely deserving of respect and it's a shame that his reputation had to take such a hard hit.

Perhaps most of you are simply too young to really appreciate his contributions, but I can tell you that his role has been of vital importance. So many people grew up with his music, and it's sad to see him go.

Last edited by MrRubix; 06-27-2009 at 11:46 AM..
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #264
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

To those of you saying "why idolize him?":

It's no different from losing a friend or family member to many. When someone is a direct influence in your life or has profoundly changed you in some way, it's normal to mourn their loss. He may not be "any more important" than another human being in the purest sense, but it would be different from if, say, your mother died. The entire country is not going to know or mourn your mother. However, so many people have grown up with MJ in some way, and so losing him is losing someone you've known for a long time -- who you've made fond memories of.

If a celebrity isn't someone you know of/admire/are influenced by/care about, then by no means is anyone forcing you to mourn them. But don't discredit the feelings of others who do -- who feel the impact of the loss personally.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #265
Erothyme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Erothyme Send a message via MSN to Erothyme Send a message via Skype™ to Erothyme

http://www.explicitdigits.com/acid1/ryan/PYTshorter.mp3

EPIC
Erothyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #266
AquaTeen
FFR Player

Red face Re: Michael Jackson...is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
To those of you saying "why idolize him?":

It's no different from losing a friend or family member to many. When someone is a direct influence in your life or has profoundly changed you in some way, it's normal to mourn their loss. He may not be "any more important" than another human being in the purest sense, but it would be different from if, say, your mother died. The entire country is not going to know or mourn your mother. However, so many people have grown up with MJ in some way, and so losing him is losing someone you've known for a long time -- who you've made fond memories of.

If a celebrity isn't someone you know of/admire/are influenced by/care about, then by no means is anyone forcing you to mourn them. But don't discredit the feelings of others who do -- who feel the impact of the loss personally.
Thank you for this outlook it is so true. I appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #267
AquaTeen
FFR Player

Unhappy Re: Michael Jackson...is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
I don't mean this to be an essay or anything but these are my thoughts.

Odds are NONE of you really know what went on in those court proceedings. I bet you guys couldn't even tell me the finer details of it all. All you guys know is "He was accused of being a child molester -- blah blahblah he's a pervert now."

I mean, he was indeed a bizarre man with a bizarre lifestyle, but he was never found guilty on those sexual charges, and he had plenty of evidence in his favor. People just WANT him to be guilty because the nature of his lifestyle (which was meant to simply recreate a happy childhood). Just because he was unusual doesn't mean he's guilty. The way he conducted things was perhaps socially taboo to some degree, or simply unusual, but not malicious or harmful.

Read the court proceedings and summaries if you really want a better idea of what happened.

Regardless, MJ is a musical legend and has easily been an inspiration to countless artists. His accomplishments are incredible, and his music and style revolutionized the industry as we know it. He is absolutely deserving of respect and it's a shame that his reputation had to take such a hard hit.

Perhaps most of you are simply too young to really appreciate his contributions, but I can tell you that his role has been of vital importance. So many people grew up with his music, and it's sad to see him go.
Again thank you. This is true. It is truly sad to see him go.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #268
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Well he was brilliant and just because you have your opinion about him doesn't mean I have to give up my right to support him just to follow your opinions about him. Jerk!!!!
Don't call me a jerk. I'm not saying you have to give up your rights to support him. I'm saying don't overdo it by being a dick. This is you:

"I KNOW HE NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG BECAUSE I LIKE HIS MUSIC"

Where's the logic.

And if you make another double post. Seriously.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #269
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluswirl View Post
That was my one loophole that I didn't really cover. I'm sure there are others, but yeah. Criminals should be lowered, but celebrities should not be idolized. A lot of people should not be following what these idols do because there are better decisions in life. I know where you're coming from though, jurs. It's just my issue with everything that is seen from these superstars. Their behaviors are not what I want my children to grow up following. I respect that, in the celebrity crowd, MJ should be placed above, say, lindsay lohan. But that's because lindsay lohan has issues. I guess we should be viewed as equals to them (we being those of us who aren't mudering child rapists), because we all are people.
Certain celebrities I do not think of as higher than me. I could do the same ****ty acting job or singing job that Lindsay Lohan does. I could probably rap better or make up better dance moves than Soulja Boy. However, I could NEVER, EVER possess the talent, originality, and creativity that Michael Jackson had. He was amazing from when he first came into the spotlight. I wouldn't want my children to grow up to live the same life Michael Jackson lived, but I would be more than overly and extremely proud if they had the same talent, made the same contributions, had the same impact on the world of music and the people who listened to and loved him as he did. Michael Jackson is an idol. Just so you know, he has over 150 songs he made stored in some kind of secret song-vault that he planned to make money off of after his death to support his children. Now that he is deceased, you know those songs are going to make a ****load of money... even if they aren't that great. His kids will be set for life.

It's my personal opinion that the reason Michael kept being involved with younger boys is because Michael most likely had a certain mindset that he was still a child, stemming from years of abuse and abnormality and stress that he had to endure being such a huge celebrity that he was. Michael missed out on a childhood, I don't blame him for wanting one when he's older. When boys are young, they hang out with other boys, joke around about stuff, try to experiment with things, play games, probably make jokes about their tiny penises, etc. All of these things were probably harmless in Michael's mind. I believe he never harmed the children, but they may have just gotten the wrong impression by it and so did their parents and wanted to sue him for all he was worth. I honestly feel bad for Michael. His life was tragic, but he was a great person, and a great talent, and that is what he should be remembered for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #270
AquaTeen
FFR Player

Angry Re: Michael Jackson...is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Don't call me a jerk. I'm not saying you have to give up your rights to support him. I'm saying don't overdo it by being a dick. This is you:

"I KNOW HE NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG BECAUSE I LIKE HIS MUSIC"

Where's the logic.

And if you make another double post. Seriously.
I never said that that's why I felt he did nothing wrong if you read my messages correctly. So stop putting words in my mouth.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #271
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Rubix win. Michael Jackson was a weirdo, that's about all anyone can accuse him of.
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #272
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU

Pretty much what I've been saying on bluexoon. Everyone thought he was a freak until he died and now he deserves all this respect? No thank you.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #273
Djr Rap dancer
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU

Pretty much what I've been saying on bluexoon. Everyone thought he was a freak until he died and now he deserves all this respect? No thank you.
Fatal youtube video lol

"Don't do this..."
"Don't do what?"
Djr Rap dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #274
chidori!
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to chidori! Send a message via Yahoo to chidori!

I swear i didn't think anyone would release a song that fast on the radio, someone step it :O!
EDIT: (the one by the game)

Last edited by chidori!; 06-27-2009 at 07:31 PM..
chidori! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #275
Haimerej
FFR Player

Okay first off:

THEY'RE JUST SOME **** JOKES! They make people laugh and his reputation is hurt none as accusations of his depravity are known to just about every single person that hasn't been living underneath a rock for the past decade.

Secondly:

Both viewpoints are valid in their own way. People who grew up listening to him and all that feel like they know him and therefore genuinely grieve at his untimely demise. However, people who don't care for his music and didn't listen to it growing up can feel just the same amount of sympathy that they feel whenever some stranger passed away, which varies from person to person. Neither viewpoint can be attacked by people from the opposing viewpoint, they're BOTH COMPLETELY VALID.

And then there are the ignorant twats that just don't give a s*it and generally make talking about the affair worse for people with either viewpoint. Those people should just hi no naka shine. If you wish for a translation of that, you can pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
hawkkai22 (1:41:21 AM): No qeustions asked, krunky over cookies hands down
hellhounds64 (1:41:36 AM): Depends,
hellhounds64 (1:41:44 AM): how does Krunky taste? ;o
hawkkai22 (1:41:53 AM): why dont you come get a lick :P
hellhounds64 (1:42:17 AM): HOW LICKS DOES IT TAKE FOR KRUNKY TO TASTE LIKE A COOKIE?! THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW O:
hawkkai22 (1:42:33 AM): LMFA0O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Haimerej; 06-27-2009 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: grammatical error
Haimerej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #276
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

**** happens, thats the way of the world. I also didn't see any threads for the other two people who died within the week either. Oh well.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #277
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
I never said that that's why I felt he did nothing wrong if you read my messages correctly. So stop putting words in my mouth.
Quote:
Yes I am a pure Michael Jackson supporter and I feel he did nothing wrong

Hi.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #278
Haimerej
FFR Player

Actually he says 'and' not 'so' which means that Aqua's right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
hawkkai22 (1:41:21 AM): No qeustions asked, krunky over cookies hands down
hellhounds64 (1:41:36 AM): Depends,
hellhounds64 (1:41:44 AM): how does Krunky taste? ;o
hawkkai22 (1:41:53 AM): why dont you come get a lick :P
hellhounds64 (1:42:17 AM): HOW LICKS DOES IT TAKE FOR KRUNKY TO TASTE LIKE A COOKIE?! THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW O:
hawkkai22 (1:42:33 AM): LMFA0O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haimerej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #279
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

I'm pretty sure this can stop now. How about everyone just shuts the hell up?
~HentaiXXX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #280
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Theres that two cents again. This topic wont die off for another week or so.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote