Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-6-2014, 03:37 PM   #11
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

a bug i've noticed on the legacy engine which is pretty annoying is when a song has a long pause between two notes, (or has a long pause before the first note appears) there will be a input delay when you hit a the first note after the pause.

It seems to occur if you hit the note on a early perfect frame or the exact perfect frame, and it then delays it so you get a good. It's then fine afterwards. It also seems to occur considerably more on mirror.

You can get around it by hitting the note on the late perfect window, but then that can mess your timing up later on. This doesn't occur in all songs that have long pauses but it's pretty annoying in certain cases.

A few examples include
Counter Clockwise Chant Pattern: The first note/hand in the file is probably the best example
Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival: Just when the 16th jumpstream starts, the first jump (the sped-up section)
My half: the first note after the long pause about 1/4 of the way through
Parousia: First note

I don't know if it's just lag on my end or something else but I've had this for a couple of weeks now (Why i haven't mentioned this before I don't know) so I thought I would bring it up.

Last edited by ItsOnlyDanO; 12-6-2014 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: fixed something
ItsOnlyDanO is offline   Reply With Quote