Old 01-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #21
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

HEY EVERYONE, THANKS FOR WAITING TO HEAR MY SIDE OF THE STORY BEFORE VOTING LIKE I ASKED YOU TOO
Old 01-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #22
User6773

Qreepy, since you will never be playing the game here ever again, I see no reason why you deserve a stake in its future.

If you get deported from a country you no longer get to vote in its elections.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #23
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Quote:
People, please please PLEASE stop attacking players because they aren't very active
The point of voting inactive players can be a good warning to them as well. Inactive players can ruin a game (see: chromer) , and if you aren't willing to commit at least 1-2 posts per day, then I see no reason you should be playing at all. I was warned by EB that I wasn't being very active, so I posted my reasons why, and tried to apply myself when I had time to, as I didn't want to hurt the humans by being the target of a lynching.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #24
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default RE: TWG VIII Postgame

Squeek, I would have liked it if you had posted why I didn't turn LD in. I thought that if somebody was caught cheating the game would end immediately and be declared null. I did NOT want that to happen, because I was the star of this game. I was selfish, yes, for no good reason, as the game did not stop completely.

In case anybody was wondering, my "oops I voted Kefti lol" thing was because nforcer was begging and begging for me to not kill him. I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as a new player and I killed kefit. nforcer was right, I DIDN'T regret that at all.

And I wish alain had made it to the end. His craziness not only saved his own self from wolfings, it distracted the voters enough to 1) give us a person to lay votes on to appear unallied and 2) made it easier to split the vote between him and a wolf. He was never fully accepted into the alliance, he was a great aid to our success.

Oh, and blah didn't convince me to pick Chardish, I was talking to him and I mentioned being suspicious and that I may vote for him. I also talked to Afrobean and he expressed a fear of being suspected immediately if anybody voted for Chardish. We all suspected him, it seemed, and only I'm crazy enough to come forward and vote for him. Thus, I gathered what I thought to be solid evidence and voted him, followed by blah and afro (so I wouldn't be attacked, but if I was they would be safe). I fit into blah's plan so well that he guarded me and saved me as he foresaw would happen, and then it got good.

For alain and anybody else who thought I was being reckless in gathering the alliance. I was very very very very cautious. blah came to me as the guardian, and the masons came to me (actually LD introduced them to me, and I was immediately suspicious, for they had no reason to not be). MAC, the psychic, thought it was against the rules to reveal roles, so me posting that I needed to hear from the psychic prompted him to PM me. However, I don't often check my PMs, so this went unnoticed and I continued to ask for the psychic to show up. MAC probably got a lil upset by this, for he PMed me again (maybe twice, I forget). When I finally saw that I had PMs, I had almost full trust in MAC because a wolf would have stepped up after that long and claimed to be psychic, but they wouldn't have sent a couple PMs to harass me because I didn't acknowledge them. However, I didn't immediately bring him into the alliance. In fact, I'm not sure if I ever told him who everybody was.

Anywho, later that day LD pulled the whole PM thing, and he got the boot after we killed tsuteto. Funny note: during the transitional phase as Squeek wrote the story, me and blah were talking and we said something about how "it would be so funny if tomorrow the psychic says there's only 2 wolves XD." When MAC PMed me the next day, I immediately IMed blah and said something like "get ready to laugh!"

From there it wasn't all that hard. Day 2 was really the only very worrisome day, and we pretty much owned the wolves from there on out. My quick switch to Kefit near the end of Day 3 and whorli's weak attempt at Cypher made the game end fairly quickly.

And I must say, it's good to finally be important in the game. In 5 I was never completely in the alliance and I felt like I was just being a sheep, led around by stronger players. I understand that some people (blah especially) were pissed when I refused to tell them what I knew, but I can sympathize. I've been there, too. But I wasn't about to take a chance at screwing up the human victory.

As far as LD goes: 1 game. I talked to him after the incident, and he asked what punishment I would vote for after the game was over, and I said no ban at all. This is mostly because I didn't think writing a fake PM was bad at all. It seemed alright to me then, but now I see the big deal. It'd be like in Mafia (the IRL game) if you had an extra notecard (assuming that's how it's done) in your pocket and wrote "human" on it and showed it to somebody secretly while nobody looked. Even if it wasn't your real role card, it's still bringing in something that defeats the purpose of the game. If you Photoshop a PM, that's a fake PM, too, but it's not legal. Seeing that now, I see he should be punished, but I still think 2 games is too much, because I didn't know any better either. Sorry LD =\

Oh, and I think this should be a lesson. There's no guilt in turning in cheaters. In fact, people will be happy that you did. If cheaters realize that they will be turned in and punished, they won't cheat. People cheat to win, and if they're banned they can't do either. If we all buckle down, we may make cheating a thing of the past.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #25
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Well, this game was good. BLAH YOU SHOULD'VE GUARDED ME LIKE I TOLD YOU! Oh well, I had a feeling I was going to get killed that night. As for LD, if he hadn't have bought PMs into the game then the votes would've all stayed for him. He says he didn't break the rules, but really he pulled "A Tass" which was finding something not in the rules, but you know is wrong and low, a crappy loophole. I vote 1-2 game ban, not sure which :P. I have to say I tried to get to the thread in time to save chardish but I couldn't make it. I wanted it to be a kinfe in the box with him and alain so he would have a chance, but I didn't get there in time. I really was happy that blah won because he put a lot of effort into this game. It was nice working with you, blah. eb, you did a good job, too.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #26
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

First of all, everyone says I cheated before. I didn't, TWG 5 was a huge mess, that Chardish too was involved in. I vote One game ban for Chardish.

Secondly, thanks for waiting til I posted before voting, that makes me feel really great.

Now for my side of the story.

I didn't do what Tass did. I was on the choping block, and had to figure out a way to keep myself alive. I then thought of this idea, of making up some random paragraph saying that I was human and worked in Zion. First though, I looked through the rules several times. I was going to ask Squeek, but he was playing Mapel Story or something, and it was becoming a critcal matter.

So... I sent the paragraph to Jursey. This is what EXACTLY was said.

Widdle Baybay: if you can give me hard solid proof

Jay: bay bay, you know im not a wolf

Widdle Baybay: that you're not an agent

Jay: How can I without breaking the rules!

Jay: I would... but I don't wanna be suspended games

Widdle Baybay: :-\ i wouldn't tell anyone, but i understand if you dont want to

Jay: WAIT

Jay: I've got something

Widdle Baybay: whatwhat

Jay: ok

Jay: he said

Jay: don't show your codename

Jay: right?

Widdle Baybay: yep

Jay: You are one of the most important roles in Zion, a worker. Sorry to say, but you don't have any special role, besides being human. Make sure you use the keen skills taught to you by your superiors to find those agents!

Jay: That's not breaking rules, right?

Widdle Baybay: right

Now, where do I say that it was from my PM, or that Squeek said it? It was just a paragraph I pasted to her. It was for her to interpret. Sure it had to relate to the current game, but that was up to her. Blahblah even said, if he had seen it, he would know it was a lie.

I don't think I cheated, and if I did it was by a misinterpretion/sketchy rules. I didn't cheat in TWG5, and no one knew that it was cheating. I think it's rediculous to ban me for any ammount of games, and I vote 0 Game Ban for myself.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #27
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

A) Char shoudn't get a one game ban, we all agreed everyone to get a warnign for that , and thus be like put on parole..
this is why normally I woudl let this slide, but can't because of that
B) More Reason, that convo, why Jurs should never play again

Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #28
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

I think it is ridiculous to try to justify that in any way...and attempting to do so, even after the well established fact that you cheated, makes me even more pissed at you.

Chardish never made a rule about taking pictures of my pm with a camera and then e-mailing it to them...I think that's a great idea for next game

honestly LD....
Old 01-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #29
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
A) Char shoudn't get a one game ban, we all agreed everyone to get a warnign for that , and thus be like put on parole..
this is why normally I woudl let this slide, but can't because of that
B) More Reason, that convo, why Jurs should never play again
I don't recall recieving a warning for TWG 5, if someone can show me, let me know.

Also, I was already ejected from this game, I was only expecting 1 at the max.

You guys have no idea how angry I am at myself for bringing this on, but I really thought it was OK, and within the rules. I won't do it again, and I won't do anything without asking the game mod either. But banning me from this game will kill me.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #30
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

LD - All "PM rules" aside, you impersonated me, the host, and lied about it. That is definitely grounds for cheating, without a doubt.

The equivolancy is logging in as me and posting.

ANYWAY, as LD said while we were chatting, you're all extremely gullible and unperceptive to not notice the fact that YOU ALL RECEIVED A CODENAME. Did you not notice how your PM looked EXACTLY like Kilga's? I WROTE THEM ALL THE SAME WAY. Line one - Your role and some extra comments, if necessary. Line two - Background information. Line three - How you play the game as your role. Then I signed it and put in the PS - Never reveal your codename.

I don't know why anyone would assume that the generic human was left out of my name-givings.

Anyway:

Qreepy can vote. It's just a vote. He's banned from playing, not from deciding on whether or not LD deserves a temporary removal from the game.

Not like it matters much anyway now.

~Squeek

Ps - Remember Day 1's post where I said something about reading some updated rules? Tass AIMd me and told me his devious plan to impersonate Chardish's AIM name (Sindacollion) with "Sindacoliion". Nobody would notice. So, when "This is Chardish" AIMs me, what do you think I reply with?

PPS - I still have all the PMs saved in a text document. Seeeeee? Here's Kefit's and Kilga's.

Quote:
Kefit -

Kefit, ol' buddy ol' pal, the randomizer chose you to play TWG VIII as Agent Smith.

The result of the battle with Neo and Smith left Smith dead, but in reality, he had lived the encounter and separated himself from the rest of the Agents. In doing so, he gained the ability to insert his code into any person in the Matrix and take over their body, permanently. If the person he takes over is a member of Zion, they can return the same way they looked before, but they will not be the same person.

Agent Smith is an Agent, obviously, or as some other people like to call the role, a Wolf. Every night, you and your team collaborate and send me your decision for killings. Your teammates are:

Lightdarkness
Tsuteto
Whorlichan

To ensure a successful first meeting among your teammates, I will tell all of them the same thing. I am giving the four of you a codeword that will prove your role to the other person. The codeword is "setmefree".

Good luck, and enjoy yourself out there.

~Squeek

PS - Aside from your agent friends, do not reveal your role or codename to anybody.

Kilga -

Kilga, during TWG VIII, you will be playing the role of Morpheus. Yes, you got it.

I'm certain you've seen the movie but I shall provide a breif informative statement here anyway. Morpheus is the captain of the Nebuchadnezzar and believes in fulfilling a prophecy to save the world.

Morpheus places his trust in his crew, so he fulfills the role of a Mason. Your mason buddies are:

Kid - Chardish
Trinity - Flypie
Neo - Jursey.

To ensure a proper first meeting over AIM, I will give you all a codeword that will prove to the other Mason that you are a Mason. The codeword is "spoonbend". Use it however you see fit.

Enjoy the game.

~Squeek

PS - Never let your role or codename be known by anybody other than your mason pals.
PPPS - I can't believe you've not seen these movies, you two.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #31
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

And for anybody who said Squeek's rules were crystal clear: he stated clearly that you could NOT reveal your codename. After the LD incident, he said there was nothing wrong with it at all. That was not crystal clear if you ask me.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #32
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

So you had intentions of not cheating. Whoop-dee-shit. You still brought PMs into the matter.

I think chardish said it best with the "You acted as if you were showing a real PM, so Squeek treated you as such."

Also, this indignancy is getting ridiculous. First with Squeek, now you're asking for a ban for chardish? Even though he hasn't tried to pull anything since the FIRST PM problem? C'mon, LD, suck up your pride and pull yourself out of the gutter.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #33
blahblah18
FFR Player

its not we're all gullible.. just one person... *cough cough*

Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #34
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

SIGH.

Once again we see shining examples of people NOT THINKING INDEPENDENTLY.

Seriously, kids, if you are only interested in playing this game because everyone else is doing it, stay the hell out.

LD, that wasn't even a semi-valiant effort to save yourself. As posted in that sticky about the rules (and as already stated, I think) sharing PM information is strictly forbidden. Sorry, but you cheated. It's quite simple. All you are allowed to say is, "I'm human/seer/psychic/guardian/mason/wolf/Jimmy Hoffa."

Please, please, please, PLEASE stop defeating the purpose of this game. If you feel that the only way you can win is by blatantly breaking the rules, or just seriously manipulating them, please sit out and let those of us who actually enjoy being forced to think on our own have our fun.

:/ I don't think I'm active enough to vote on punishment, but I don't know that I would anyway.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #35
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Fine, what I did was wrong, and I shouldn't have done it.

But still, I don't think I should be banned from any games, other people should be punished as well (No i'm not talking about Chardish).

If this said person didn't do what they did, I wouldnt' have done this.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #36
User6773

I hereby confirm that "This is Chardish" is me, Chardish. I need to update my AIM name in my profile.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #37
User6773

Hey sup LD

[20:54] Evan: because HOLY SHIT YOU STILL HAVEN'T EVEN APOLOGIZED FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE, YOU'RE JUST INSISTING YOU'VE BEEN THE VICTIM ALL ALONG. NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE VOTING TO BAN YOU, BECAUSE SINCE YOU DON'T THINK WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG, YOU MIGHT DO IT AGAIN
[20:55] Jay: I don't think what I did was wrong
[20:55] *** Auto-response sent to Jay: enjoying real life
[20:55] Jay: want me to lie?

Old 01-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #38
blahblah18
FFR Player

sup LD
Quote:
Fine, what I did was wrong, and I shouldn't have done it.
thats frmo like LD's most recent post... umm wtf

contradiction anyone?

Old 01-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #39
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I thought I made it clear several times that you COULD reveal your codename, but it was a really stupid thing to do.

I said not to reveal your codename in the "PS" so the noobs wouldn't say "zomg i gto Neeo who'd u get?"

Thus ruining the game.

And, if I'm going to enforce rules on noobs, I'm going to enforce rules on everybody.

~Squeek
Old 01-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #40
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto
Default RE: TWG VIII Postgame

Meh, I don't care. Besides, I think everyone is speaking up for two, but meh.

My main problem in playing this game was that I just didn't care to the level that everyone else seemed to be. I mean, I know I can play well, but when people act as if the game is their life (alain, you were, in a way to me, acting this way in the beginning), it practically loses all meaning, and I just don't really care what the results are anymore. After I was lynched, I stopped reading really, so meh.
Closed Thread