Old 01-5-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default TWG VIII (The Matrix Has You) Day 4

If you like to skip the story, or even if you enjoy it, please be sure to read my rules for this game. There are very important changes.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we...have a problem." Commander Lock says as he approaches a group of 18 Zion citizens.

"Of course we have a problem, Commander. You've locked 18 people in a small building with no explanation. What other possibility is there?" says somebody in the back in a low tone so as to not be heard.

"I'll try to ignore that comment and get right down to business. We have discovered a mole within our own crewmembers. Four moles, to be precise."

"What are you talking about? How could there be a mole with only one city left on Earth?" chardish asks of the Commander.

"It's a very complex situation, so please listen carefully and do not interrupt. As you all may or may not know, Neo successfully destroyed an Agent over a year ago. This agent was none other than Agent Smith. However, it had recently been discovered that Agent Smith was in fact alive and, due to a glitch in the Matrix, now has the ability to replicate himself as many times as he pleases. Since this information has been revealed, it must also be known that he has successfully stolen the bodies of four of the people standing in this room today."

"How can you know all that and not even know who they are?" questions Lupin_the_3rd.

"Our bio-scan systems managed to pick up the signals of the four individuals, but consequently became hacked into and rendered useless before it was able to target the said individuals; most likely to have been caused by the four themselves. We no longer have the time or the resources to manage to remove the virus from the machine. We have decided to leave this up to you.

"Leave it up to us? What, you want us all to kill each other?" Kilgamayan jokingly queries.

"Yes, as a matter of fact. You are all supposed to be the brightest and strongest in the world, so we are leaving this up to you. Nobody knows any of the 18 of you as well as you all do. Your objective is to find the agents among you posing as humans and destroy them before they destroy you. During this time period, absolutely NOBODY is to jack into the Matrix. We cannot have this spread any further."

"So we're basically going to just sit here and hope our comrades trust us enough to know that we're not agents. Is that correct?" CypherToorima asks.

"Yes, that's the basis of the entire procedure."

"How are we going to manage this without any help?" nforcer06164 says, a bit worried of his own safety.

"You are going to be getting help in this endeavor. Thank you for reminding me. We have enlisted the help of the Oracle herself, who will come to one person every night and reveal information about the daytime decision. Seraph has agreed to assist another individual by giving them the ability to protect one person every time an agent might strike. And, the bonds between the crew of the Nebuchadnezzer are so great that the four of them trust one another completely."

"Hearing that the Oracle is going to help us is a huge relief!" exclaims Kefit.

"Through wise decisions and intelligent conversations, I'm sure you'll pull through just fine. You all must understand the complexity of this situation and, as such, it is likely you will not be removed from this location until we have verified the removal of the four agent moles."

"Wait, if the machine is broken, how are you going to tell?" inquiries Alainbryden.

"The machine only broke due to the presence of the agents in the first place. Once the final agent has been eliminated, the virus in the machine will be dissipated and we can let you free. Get working, citizens of Zion. You have four among you who will never be the same and must be destroyed."

The commander leaves and allows the group to converse among themselves. After half an hour of chatter, the conversation is still relatively the same.

"This is the worst possible time for this to happen. We're in the middle of a war for our very survival!" explains blahblah18.

"What else could possibly go wrong?" says JurseyRider734.

Of course, just as she says this, the power in the building is shut off and the room the 18 are in is flooded with darkness.

"What's going on? I can't even see my own hands!" says Tps222 in a flustered tone.

"The agents among us must have somehow cut the power to the building. We're sitting ducks until we can get this fixed. Since nobody can be trusted right now, we need to all get to the circuit breaker and see what we can do," suggests roopert.

--------------

PMs will be distributed with a codename and detailed instructions as to what role you will be playing. The codename MUST NOT EVER be told to ANYONE else UNLESS it is one of the Nebuchadnezzar crew or the agents. Revealing your codename means "YOU LOSE". If someone cheats and you see it happen, please contact me on AIM. I will not tolerate cheating, so ANY person caught cheating, agent or human, is INSTALYNCHED the day of the incident. No questions asked. Every PM is different, so don't even TRY to fake it, OK? I'll know.

The players:

Afrobean
Alainbryden
blahblah18
chardish
CypherToorima
evilbutterfly
flypie743
Kefit
Kilgamayan
lightdarkness
JurseyRider734
Lupin_the_3rd
M-A-C
nforcer06164
roopert
Tps222
Tsuteto
whorlichan

I typed your usernames exactly as they appear. No whining about capitalization. Maybe you should have capitalized it when you signed up.

Also, to reiterate for the slow, the story has nothing to do with the people's own words. Do not take anything in the story at face value.

-----------

RULES:

1) I disallow moderators to moderate this thread in any way until I request their assistance. I will probably rely on the non-playing Tasselfoot to do so ONLY AFTER I tell him to do so. If he is not on, I go to the next best. If any moderator locks the topic without my consent, you are instalynched the next day and face a sentence from the jury. I'm not going to be lenient on this at all.

2) If there is an instalynch, it is verified, and I am not there to pick it up, all votes after the instalynch vote are null / void. All conversation about the game is to come to a complete stop.

3) If you are dead, YOU ARE DEAD. I won't allow a "death" post because YOU ARE DEAD. You no longer exist and, as such, cannot talk amongst the living. AIM conversation about TWG is not tolerated. I encourage those that the dead converse with to talk with me. I have worked out a method of proof, but you have to leave the window open, OK?

4) Instalynch = 50+% of the votes. 4/8 is not an instalynch. 5/9 is. Instalynches occur anytime the person being voted upon receives that one vote that pushes them over the 50% line. If you have one vote under the instalynch line and you have a phantom, you lose. Phantoms are explained in #6.

5) If I find out you are cheating with indisputable evidence (IE: someone else knows the exact content of your PM that isn't on your team (Neb, agents)), you are GONE. I will not tolerate cheating of any sort. Nobody except teammates should know about the contents of a PM because I will not use automation to generate them. In fact, there will be less than a 50% difference to prevent an auto-comparison program to locate the similarities (i.e.: Moss).

6) Phantom votes occur when you do not vote in a full day. A full day is a day that does not end in instalynch. Phantom votes carry over from the day of the occurrence to the end of your time in the game. It is HIGHLY recommended that you vote every round to avoid a Phantom.

7) Just out of pure fun, I'd like to remind you all that there are no wolves in Zion. Just thousands of citizens and 4 agents. Calling someone a "wolf" essentially does nothing for you, since there are none.

(Note - I'm not going to be strict on this one. It just bothers me.)

Eight) Random rules - You are not allowed to make fake AIM screennames to impersonate other people. You are not allowed to use special moderator privileges to gain an advantage. I'll add more as I think of them.

These rules are strict because many people enjoy breaking them.

The roles, to reiterate, are:

Psychic - Has the ability to determine the outcome of the previous day's voting. If the lynched person was human, the Psychic is told "human". If the lynched person was an agent, the Psychic is told "agent". It's quite simple and does not require a nightly PM to me.

Guardian - Has the ability to protect one person every night from a killing. The guardian cannot protect himself. If the Guardian successfully protects someone, the following day's story proves that the protected person had tried to have been killed the night before, but will not reveal the Guardian.

Masons - 4 people that know each other from the beginning. They have no special ability other than knowing who all the other masons are right from the start.

Agents (wolves) - The bad guys. The agents choose a target every night to kill without consequence. If your target and the Guardian's target match, the kill is unsuccessful and made public.

Thus ends the pre-game. Initial game post occurs when the roles give me their choices and time passes to fit a proper game schedule (i.e.: we're not going to have it end at 8:00AM on a Saturday morning, LD. Not when people go to BED at 5:00AM Saturday morning. OK?)

Day one will last for 48 hours and each subsequent day lasts 36. I think I will have a time schedule set up for this game. My initial plan is 10AM EST starts the daytime and 10PM EST the following day ends it. This is MORE than enough time to cast your vote and catch up with the thread. Day one might be 10PM to 10PM, unless I can think of something better.

IT IS NOW NIGHT ONE. I will send out PMs shortly, and once I do, I need your choices for tonight, agents and guardian.

Feel free to PM or AIM me with any questions you might have. My AIM screen name is on the bottom of my posts, but I will state it here anyway. Contact me at "Stop Drop And Di". There is no "e" because AIM used to only allow 13 characters.

~Squeek

PS - All of the PMs have different messages in every line even though the format is similar for each one. I made the PS different for EVERY person, but I feel it should restated once again.

DO NOT reveal your role or your secret codename to anybody in the game or you'll essentially lose the game.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

The group of 18 scurried along the unknown territory that lay before them in the abandoned building. Nobody had a clue where anything in the building was, let along the circuit box.

"Just stay together. We'll all be fine if we stick together," reminds Afro of the group.

"Yea, we'll be fine, but we'll never find the circuit box at the rate we're going." says Jursey.

"Should we consider breaking into two groups? I mean, a group of 9 people is still safe, right?" asks Roopert.

"I guess that would be alright. All in favor?" says Alainbryden.

A small shuffling noise can be heard from the group.

"Umm, guys? You do know we can't count hands, right?" Lupin jokingly inquires. Though, it seems he was right on the money with his statement.

"Ok, how about THIS time, you say "AYE" if you are in favor of splitting into two groups. All in favor?"

A resounding chorus of "AYEs" erupts from the room. It seems as though everybody wants to get to that box and get some real artificial light into the building as soon as possible.

"All opposed?" The room is silent.

"Alright, we'll break into two groups. We'll go left, you guys go right."

After searching around for the next half hour, the first group finally manages to return the lights to normal.

"Finally! Hey, wait, why is everyone here?" asks Kilga.

"It seems the two rooms join together again right here." replies Nforcer.

"Well, we can finally figure out the schematics of the place. Let's start exploring." Tsuteto states.

It wasn't even five minutes before somebody stumbles across the body of roopert. His neck had been cleanly sliced and a bloody knife and glove were sitting right on his chest.

"Who did this?! Come forward!" screams out LD, obviously upset over the loss of his closest comrade. Of course nobody steps forward to take the blame.

"If this is the way it's going to be, we'd better get started on taking out the agents in this room right away." says evilbutterfly as the rest of the group enters the room.

Voting begins now. This "day" in the story (which is actually less than an hour) will last for 48 hours, meaning on Friday, at 10:00pm EST FFR time (this was posted at 10:00pm EST FFR time today), voting will end. Instalynch can occur at anytime when there are 9 votes on a single person.

Here are your options.

Afrobean
Alainbryden
blahblah18
chardish
CypherToorima
evilbutterfly
flypie743
Kefit
Kilgamayan
lightdarkness
JurseyRider734
Lupin_the_3rd
M-A-C
nforcer06164
Tps222
Tsuteto
whorlichan

Choose well.

Also, I had added a rule to the list that I do not think needs to be added, but a certain somebody tipped me off as to this method of potential cheating.

~Squeek

PS - The story probably sounds like all the people in the Matrix are weak, but you have to understand that when these people aren't jacked in, they're just ordinary people. They don't have any superpowers of any kind (this happens before the end of the movie, kthx) and are likely afraid of dying from the Smiths.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Used same method as I did at BMS TWG, randomly highlighted someones name. Kefit

Will change if there is any evidence.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Get over it ld, that's not a valid method at all, especially when you announce it's a method. Stop randomly voting. It starts stupid trends and gets humans randomly lynched.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
Get over it ld, that's not a valid method at all, especially when you announce it's a method. Stop randomly voting. It starts stupid trends and gets humans randomly lynched.
Um, every day 1 is random. Would you rather me change my vote and not say how I came up with it?
Old 01-5-2005, 08:09 PM   #6
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Yes, but what else do we have to go off of other then who was connected with roopert.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:11 PM   #7
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

ahh this will be fun , i can tell already... random voting in general is stupid... you cna see hwo there was no voting forever in I think it was TWG V or VI... cuz we had learned.. on the toher hand LD always makes the first post and always randomizes it.. i'd be suspicious with anything else... just remember this people a "random" vote may not be as random as you think

Old 01-5-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Can't really tell yet, so i'm just picking someone who didn't talk. I vote M-A-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:11 PM   #9
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

For (crazy) people looking for random votes, or people wondering how I picked the roles and speaking parts, consult

www.random.org

for more details. I did not select anything on my own. I just generated 18 numbers in some kind of order and refreshed a bunch of times without looking, then did my thing.

~Squeek
Old 01-5-2005, 08:14 PM   #10
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
ahh this will be fun , i can tell already... random voting in general is stupid... you cna see hwo there was no voting forever in I think it was TWG V or VI... cuz we had learned.. on the toher hand LD always makes the first post and always randomizes it.. i'd be suspicious with anything else... just remember this people a "random" vote may not be as random as you think
I also change it 80 times

Also, very suspicious of a comment Alain just made to me on AIM, don't know what to think of it yet.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:16 PM   #11
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Oh yes ld, very suspicious...

lightdarkness42: HEY YOU!
NEIGH006: hey dude
NEIGH006: :P
lightdarkness42: Whats up?
NEIGH006: not much
lightdarkness42: You so mean :'(
lightdarkness42: Wolf boy
NEIGH006: oh I know,
NEIGH006: hah
NEIGH006: about that
NEIGH006: tell squeek thanks for giving me a non-special role for the first game yet
lightdarkness42: That has to be the stupidest comment I've seen you make
NEIGH006: the one I just posted
NEIGH006: not at all
lightdarkness42: Stop Drop and Di: Tell him "roflcopter".
NEIGH006: you're strategy has to be the stupidest strategy in the world
lightdarkness42: I'm not a n00b
lightdarkness42: I know what i'm doing
NEIGH006: I know, but it's still dumb
lightdarkness42: not really
NEIGH006: I think os every time you do it
lightdarkness42: I would tell you my strat
NEIGH006: it's just so pointlesss
lightdarkness42: but, you could be a wolf
NEIGH006: you have no special strategy
lightdarkness42: Um, yes I do
NEIGH006: you think it'll make people cry out about your random voting and say weird things
lightdarkness42: Exactly
NEIGH006: but it's so obvious wolves wouldn't fall for anything weird like that
NEIGH006: unless they're noob

oh my
Old 01-5-2005, 08:17 PM   #12
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Uhh, IMO, yes.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:18 PM   #13
alainbryden
Seen your member

Well luckily you're only one stupid random vote and the fate of the humans don't rest in your say or we would be doomed.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:18 PM   #14
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

XD

NEIGH006: you're strategy has to be the stupidest strategy in the world

[...]

NEIGH006: you think it'll make people cry out about your random voting and say weird things
lightdarkness42: Exactly
NEIGH006: but it's so obvious wolves wouldn't fall for anything weird like that
NEIGH006: unless they're noob

way to make yourself look like a noob

The only thing I edited was put in the first sentence.
Old 01-5-2005, 08:19 PM   #15
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

YAY! I'M ALIVE! Let's see if I can make it past Night 2 this time, haha. Oh, and thanks for not doing anything to my name and keeping it as I have it: not capitalized.

LD's randavote woud seem suspicious, but he always does that. Anywho, so who knew roopert? I think he's one of those ones that I always forget about because he has no avatar. I may be wrong though, *shrug*

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-5-2005, 08:20 PM   #16
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Alain, I have done this all 7 previous games (Maybe with the exception of 1), why are you making such a big deal out of it this time around?
Old 01-5-2005, 08:23 PM   #17
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Remember what he said about 'only noobs would make a big deal out of random voting'?

:P
Old 01-5-2005, 08:24 PM   #18
alainbryden
Seen your member

stfu :P
and correct "you're strategy is stupid" with "your"
other than that stfu :P

Anyways, it was a test <_<
Old 01-5-2005, 08:25 PM   #19
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

7 games and won how many, LD? Randomly voting (especially when saying that's what you're doing) will not ilicit responses.

But enough about LD, who hangs out with roopert!?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-5-2005, 08:25 PM   #20
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
Yes, but what else do we have to go off of other then who was connected with roopert.
I don't even know who roopert is, nevermind know who he was associated with...

Therefore, I think a random vote is valid for now. This is subject to change, however. Kilgamayan, you can be my temporary wolf.

By the way, LD and Alain really just looked like humans from that. No wolf comes out this early and make a scene.
Closed Thread