Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudelf View Post
Utilize your sense of amiability.
Utilize your sense of Internet tone.

I didn't mean that comment to be rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_m0nster View Post
did i ask if you cared?

besides, it took little out of my life during the middle of the night where i had nothing else better to do.

and no i'm not dumb
I don't need you to ask me if I care, this isn't pre-19th amendment.

Edit your previous posts to encompass all you need to say, don't post them six different times.

Last edited by ShastaTwist; 10-14-2007 at 03:57 PM..
ShastaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #22
demonllama6124
im your grandpa!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to demonllama6124 Send a message via Yahoo to demonllama6124
Default Re: 3,000 or more credit Writing tournament

cmon everyone, utalize your sense of HUMOR.lol.
sorry, couldnt resist.

yeah, i know it was spelled wrong. I had it saved on a site from years ago and just cut and pasted it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647
demonllama6124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #23
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaTwist View Post
Utilize your sense of Internet tone.

I didn't mean that comment to be rude.

I don't need you to ask me if I care, this isn't pre-19th amendment.

Edit your previous posts to encompass all you need to say, don't post them six different times.
Does me posting 6 different posts 6 times really affect your life that much? If so, then I truly apologize for all the anger and sorrow I've caused you.
TD_m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #24
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

literature fight
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #25
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

so...
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #26
Conorn
Lord of the Tea Republic
FFR Veteran

there once was a women from eeling.
who then had a terrible feeling.
she laid on her back.
opened her crack.
and pissed all over the ceiling.

im sorry i just had to post it, its so dam old.

ok, heres one that makes up for it.

heres a elegy.

Soldiers running through the town.
Echoes of gunfire in the background.
People fighting, crying, dying.
Peace is far from here.

Too long I have missed my mother of mine.
I sometimes wonder if I will be back in time.
The world is gone, everything is lost.
Peace is definitely far from here.

i made that last year. im very proud of it.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #27
Hudelf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

My masterpiece:

There once was a man from Lacrass.
His balls were made out of brass.
And in stormy weather,
His balls rubbed together,
And sparks shot out of his ass.

As an aside...I hate limericks.
Hudelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #28
summerhill
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to summerhill

sorry guys, this contest will have to be extended until next tuesday.....im incredibly busy with sports and senior project...
use this time to submit more stories and poems
summerhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #29
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Haiku

I like your small junk
It fits nice into my hand
Ants crawl on the leaves

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #30
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Haiku

I like your small junk
It fits nice into my hand
Ants crawl on the leaves
I like your writing
Your sense of style is truly
Inspirational

(sarcasm not intended)
TD_m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #31
greekanilater
FFR Player

ears and the elfen lied
I dug through the closet to find my old shoe collection. I found it. The shoe that started my collection was an old style black dress shoe. I am twelve years old and I love collecting shoes of all sorts. I have shoes from Africa, Spain, Egypt and many other places. But this shoe holds a special place in my heart. It was given to me by my great grandfather just before he died. As I was holding the shoe, I remembered when he first gave me this shoe. He was a tall well-built man. All of his hair was bleach white. He didn't have much in the way of facial hair. He said, "My dear dear Nicole, I want you to have this shoe. It holds great magic that only you can unlock. You are an elf, and a rare one at that, but you will only obtain your ears when you come of age."

As I hold the shoe in my hands still in deep thought of my great grandfather, the strangest thing happened. The purest white light I have ever seen surrounded me. Then, tiny star-like objects were orbiting around me quite fast. Then I start getting dizzy and my vision starts to blur. When my vision eventually went completely black, my ears started burning intensely, but as fast as this had all began it was all over. My ears still felt different. Without realizing it, before the shoe I was holding was now on the ground, lifeless and normal.
As I was reached to feel my ears, they were warm and fuzzy but that wasn't the most shocking part they had become long and pointed. Then in a flash I was lying on the ground with the shoe beside my head. The shoe had started to glow bright red. Glowing so bright until I couldn't see any thing, there was a flash and my vision had come back. As I look toward the shoe that was once glowing red. But to my surprise only a book was there.

The book had a gold cover, with gold trimmed pages, and the title of the book had said “ELFEN LIED” in a shiny, blood-red colour. The book wasn't in the best of shape but it still looked functional. When I decided it was safe to open this oddity of a book, the first page read, “You have found the elfen lied. I will be your master. Your ears are controlled by magic. and nothing else. I will guide you through the many challenges. If you have any questions just write them down and I will answer you.” At first glance this hit me as an elaborate prank. Of course my inquisitive nature pushed me to try it out. My first question was a simple one, but it was one that was necessary. As I wrote the words “What are you?” the ink started soaking into the paper. It wasn't normal it was like the page was eating the ink. But it didn't eat all of the ink it just dimmed the contrast of the ink quite a bit, the ink was left faded. I was about to close the book out of disappointment because I had hoped that the book was really magic. A blood red ink in a fancy type of writing had started to appear. “It said I am your grandfather and when you die you will become an elfen lied also. The elfen lied is an elf soul in the form of a book meant to guide those in there family when they earn there ears.”

One week later.

I awoke from the same dream that I have been having for the last week or so, sweat had beaded off of my forehead. The dream was about that day I had found the elfen lied and grew strange ears. But I was thinking that it may have been just the fact that I had refused to write in the Elfen Lied since that day. Maybe it was fear, fear would have been a normal response to the whole incident. But that wasn't it was the fact that I had loved my great grandfather so much that it made me miss him so much. But then suddenly I had the urge to write in the elfen lied. And I scrambled for a pencil on my old oak desk. But the only thing my hand had found was the elfen lied. Again another urge about the elfen lied. I had to open it. It wasn't even done in my own freewill I just had to open it, like some outside force was controlling me. So I opened it to the first page. But it was different, there was more writing. The new writing was in a shiny emerald green. It looked like it was a real emerald in the paper. But what it said is what caught my eye. It said, “Do you need a pen Nicole? If you do just ask me.”
“Um, can I please have a pen?” I asked so abruptly.
Then my right hand had a chillingly cold sensation. When I looked to see what was wrong with my hand, I saw a quill. the quill was red. Fire red, and there was some engravings of animals on it. The animals looked like a dragon fighting a phoenix. but there was also some sort of ancient language. Of course I was curios about this odd quill. So I wrote the question, “What can you tell me about this quill?” The book's reply was in red again,
“The quill is made of a fire bird feather, with the blood of the phoenix for everlasting ink that will never run out. Its ink is not visable to the human eye. But when you no longer need the quill just think about it disappearing or vanishing from your hand. It will return to me. I don't even have to be around when you do this. And to get it back just ask. But more importantly this quill will be the source of your magic. An elves magic comes from there soul there soul is different than a humans. It will never be judged. You will never go to heaven or hell. But when you die you will become a book like me.”

Of course after reading this I had another question, “How are elves created?” The book's red reply was,
“Elves are only created when two elves mate. You must turn your mate into an elf yourself. The process consists of the elf kiss. The elf kiss is when you kiss somebody in elf form. But the kiss must be out of love. then they will become an elf. They will find an elfen lied of there own, And be careful the elf kiss only works once.”

Three days later.

School starts tomorrow and i haven't had those dreams in three days. Then a wave of fear hit me, what if people find out I'm an elf or what if my ears come out in public. so I did the only thing I knew that would help me answer the question. I pulled out the elfen lied. I wrote, “What if somebody finds out?” I waited five minutes but the expected reply hadn't come. So I start to close the book but then a Red light shines out from the book. I quickly re-opened the book and I saw the reply I was waiting for.
“Don't worry about turning into an elf at school because you have to say the words Silvia Drakon. but the first time you say these words will show you some of the elves past.”
“Silvia Drakon” I yelled.

As a bright green light surrounded me I was seeing the violent past of the elves. There was violence, murdering, lust and war. After seeing these images. I was immersed in a flashback.
I was standing in a field of grass. I had noticed the electric blue sky. The whole setting was beautiful, peaceful and just plain lovely. But then he once blue sky had started turning red. Lightning was everywhere striking the beautiful field of dreamy grass. But the gigantic sounds of the thunder had soon been drowned out. it was the sound of a huge army of the size of one hundred thousand men. But as soon as I saw that huge green beast. I was scared to find out what was following it. The beast was an ork and it was a muscular mass of green. Its body kind of resembled a humans but twice the size, and it stood eight feet tall. That ork was in a suit of armour that look a lot like scraps from a metal scrap yard. It was a few inches think in most parts, and had many spikes. His helmet just looked like a solid hunk of iron with the insides carved out. Its face was the size of a basketball. But it looked extremely ugly. Its sword was huge and angular. Soon the sound of the orks grew louder, much louder. Until my ears felt like they were about to explode. A hundred thousand orks followed that one solo ork that seemed to be the leader, even though it wasn't the biggest. All of the orks that followed seems to be about as well equipped as the first one.

Behind me there were loud crackling sounds. About ten thousand elves of different colour of clothes had appeared from nothing. The elves were divided into sections by there respected colour. The green group all had bows, the bows each hand crafted and depicting different animals. The bows were made of ancient oak. And when they shot their arrows the arrows burst into flames that resembled the animals on the bows. When they hit the orks they exploded on impact. But the orks kept marching forward, Like they didn't even lose their comrades. They kept firing there arrows, But I only noticed little change in the numbers. Then i noticed the purple section all had quills like mine. They may have been different colours. but they all looked the same. I just assumed that the colours of the quills meant there strong element. They had all started muttering spells in elvish. But while they were doing that I focused on the blue group. They were equipped with light armour and thin long swords. In front of the other colours the black group made a line. They all had huge black shields that were as large as an ork. But there were a few with black quills. The elves seemed to be more dense around those with the black quills. At the very back there was one very old white coloured elf. He seemed to be wise because instead of carrying a weapon, he carried a white staff.

The orks had stopped there march and the ork in the front started yelling in orkish. All of the orks started to cheer when the ork had stopped yelling. Then began charging at an amazing fast pace. They were covering four metres in one stride. Then the group of purple elves yelled, “Sater Revloc” huge blue portals had opened above the elf army's heads. Huge winged beasts that had very well armoured elves with huge swords, on there back seemed to be coming out of the portals by the dozens. Then I turned back towards the orks and they had brought out ten thousand catapults. The winged beasts had flown towards the orks with there colossal swords in there hands. Slashing there way through the orks. The orks had not even noticed that they were losing great numbers. They only focused on firing the catapults. When the catapults were ready, the main ork said, “FIRE DA BOLTS!” The red sky was no longer red, but grey from the thousands of rocks flying towards the elves. BOOM!!! The rocks had exploded when they hit the ground. all the elves but the one white elf was standing. he was surrounded by a blue forcefield. As the orks kept there running pace they had finally reached the old master elf. But in an instant a ring of light had expanded around him, there were no orks around him he had just killed a thousand orks in a second. he was amazing, but how could he watch all of his comrades die. Then a giant meteor came from the heavens annihilating everything with its awesome destructive force. The field was lifeless as it was before. I had just witnessed a forbidden spell. seeing the damage caused me too make a promise to myself, that it was something I would never use a forbidden spell.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #32
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

so...
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #33
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

Late entry, but nonetheless still an entry :]

Brainwashed, the love hymns we sung each other to sleep
We dreamt silently, yet our hearts roar with intensity
Can I take you back to the first time our lips met
A blood rush of two smiles unseen on our faces
Our hearts pound vigorous, but emersed are two calm reflections
Since that day we have changed for neither worse nor better
Your beauty still shines through all your flaws
And I am still mesmerized how long I can gaze into the your soul
Cold tears are the avalanche that rushes down your face
And I can't help but to heal your cuts and wipe away your running makeup
Your fake smiles in photographs simply aren't appealing
But Its far fetched that the ones you give me are the ones you give the world
You live two different lives
A warmhearted lover
A depressed individual
The beauty in the mirror still makes it hard to tell...
Your split personality pulls me closer to you than you think
And now we're closer than ever, I'm one for fixing your catastrophe
So don't stop crying, don't stop hurting, and don't stop depending
I love your crying, pain, and need
You make me feel like the necessity of your life
I'm Brainwashed, Just live.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #34
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

omg only negative twenty hours until the contest is over guys

i can't wait to see which piece of literature gets roulletted to win the prize (assuming that the runner of the contest doesn't just disappear without giving anyone anything)

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #35
summerhill
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
omg only negative twenty hours until the contest is over guys

i can't wait to see which piece of literature gets roulletted to win the prize (assuming that the runner of the contest doesn't just disappear without giving anyone anything)
ok..........

anyways, sorry for being so late with my judging....i do have a life, a rather busy one, actually ( XC in LA, senior project, awards ceremonies, Regional championships, etc) i wasnt thinking ahead when i planned, so whatever.....look at the haiku contest...winners announced after two weeks, and those are short little poems....

i will PM winners TOMMOROW @ 9:30 pacific time...yes i said winners, as their is a tie between a few.......I will then post their names, links to winning entries and a short explanation of why each was chosen......
Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #36
summerhill
FFR Player

Winners have been notified; They were:

All_That_Chaz-for his poem, "Lament", which made good use of the personification of a violin....i read it several times and was impressed.....good job

and

Conorn- for his elegy on war.....it was really quite thought provoking, and had a smooth flow that helped bring out the color of the poem...

Their tiebreaker is to write 1-2 sentences about why people play and become obsessed with FFR........they have until 11:59 Pacific time on Sunday to submit and can only submit once

Winner gets 3000 credits, the other gets 800.......

good job and thank you to everyone who submitted, you were all quite good in your own respect...

Thanks,
Summerhill
Old 10-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #37
Callipygian
Senior FFR citizen
FFR Veteran

Work of mine has been published in various academic magazines yet fails to get the appreciation it deserves here. I canīt believe you thought the war elegy, written by a 14 year old boy, is better than my poem. Iīm gravely insulted. This is the last time I submit any work of mine on a game forum, certainly when it is judged by a 17 year old who clearly cannot comprehend the finer intricacies and complexities of my poems.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #38
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

why didn't mine win?

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #39
ShastaTwist
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callipygian View Post
Work of mine has been published in various academic magazines yet fails to get the appreciation it deserves here. I canīt believe you thought the war elegy, written by a 14 year old boy, is better than my poem. Iīm gravely insulted. This is the last time I submit any work of mine on a game forum, certainly when it is judged by a 17 year old who clearly cannot comprehend the finer intricacies and complexities of my poems.
Cry about it. Jesus Christ.

Just because somebody thinks your work is amazing doesn't mean everyone does. It's all a matter of taste.
ShastaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #40
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callipygian View Post
lmfao

I'm not saying your poem is bad, because it's certainly better than half of the hideous poetry clogging through the veins of Lit lately, but getting pissy over the fact that you didn't win a single-round writing contest called a "tournament" (hint for the slow: look for it in a dictionary) organized by some guy with absolutely no writing experience or knowledge demonstrated to the community thus far shows that you clearly can't comprehend the finer intricacies and complexities of basic brain function.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote