flashflash account
FFR Player

Question Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
but he's obviously conscious of it though

it's not organic
Are you intentionally doing this or

Yes he's obviously conscious of it but it can't be evaluated that way cause if he was a wolf it wouldn't be there in the first place

Duh

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-6-2019, 04:38 PM   #843
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Are you intentionally doing this or

Yes he's obviously conscious of it but it can't be evaluated that way cause if he was a wolf it wouldn't be there in the first place

Duh
no one has ever faked a line in a post in the history of time, you're right
Old 05-6-2019, 04:49 PM   #844
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I have landed; it's time to do some work
Old 05-6-2019, 04:56 PM   #845
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

xel it just clicked with me why you'd quote the star post in your read on me

im dweeb
Old 05-6-2019, 04:59 PM   #846
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Players of interest:

mellon_collie
MML
inDheart

in that order atm. Be back in a bit
also did this ever play out

i didn't get mentioned in shado's eod post and raeko had that one-liner rather than a read
Old 05-6-2019, 05:01 PM   #847
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
i do want to talk to shado at some point and maybe registering that this way will help

i'm kind of fading quickly tonight but i should be on a lot of tomorrow (for real this time)

for starters,
what do you think we should be doing today
can you help me understand your mindset re: ffa
is the raeko line you gave at eod based in a real thought
I'll answer this backwards

Yeah it was based on a real read. I think I clarified it a bit at start of this day, but it's not as important anymore because she's not my top lynch today

FFA has gotten way more obstinate (read: infuriating) as day has progressed, which is a little sad because he's not doing anyone any favors in reading him. I still think he's town. I wish I could elaborate and have this whole FFA playstyle breakdown, but I can't. I just got out of a really intense wolfgame that saw us talking to each other more than I talked to my family, though, and I got a really good feel for him in it. That was followed up with me modding a game that he was a town in, so I got to read him once again with an insider perspective. I could never read him before, but I really do have a good feel for him now, and I just don't see him wolfing here

as for what I think we should be doing today.. this is spicy, but I want to lynch roundbox

I've been hashing and rehashing game over and over in my mind since yesterday, and I keep finding it impossible that roundbox believes what he's saying about raeko. To sum down her entire wolfplay to the two criteria we talked about earlier is *madness*. I think he was reaching to try and reach a plausible justification of his earlier defense on her once he was called out by MML, and because he knows he's expected to have a solid read on her.

and yes, I think you can discern someone's alignment based on a sole set of interactions like this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-6-2019, 05:13 PM   #848
the sun fan
FFR Player

ffa (2)- Lar, Daikyi
Lar (2)- ffa, Xel
Antori (1)- Gradiant
Gradiant (1)- Antori
Shado (1)- inD
raeko (1)- Haku
roundbox (1)- Shado

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-6-2019, 05:14 PM   #849
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

is the sense that you're getting that roundbox feels obligated to have a correct read there? if they're w/t he doesn't have to go that hard on the defense, i think

i almost feel like they keep missing each other and playing at some length to each other, which is already a decent spot to be when you need mislynches
Old 05-6-2019, 05:18 PM   #850
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Also Haku is town because he would express all that to a wolf partner if he had one

Yosh throwing sus on Haku and not being super committal it on is more padding then what Yosh is accusing Haku of doing.
Haku would do both, so that's not really alignment indicative. I think the accusation of padding is too critical of Yoshl's work, and I feel like he's discrediting it for some odd reason. Possibly weak distancing (w/w?), but I lean more towards calling this more t/w with lar being more wolfy of the two. Not sure how it's padding discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
wat?? how are you expecting to be in the same situation as last game...? I know you already expanded but I just don't get it at all how it's going to be the same situation this game

also I know a guy named Li Chen I bet he didn't draw that comic though
quoting this only to demonstrate that haku/raeko is NOT w/w
I know that raeko talked much of the game with Haku, so I feel like raeko would already be aware of this mindset if they were in wolf chat together. I think the reaction feels more natural than manufactured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
You can not have a wolf partner and not be town either, just saying. But I disagree with the meat of this too, because the types of concerns Haku is voicing are way more relevant to playing as a townsperson, than a wolf. So this comes off as flippant and surface level to me. And the second paragraph makes no sense to me.
Quote:
MML
Star is sussing Lar here. I think this is rather important given the other posts I quote from lar later.

Quote:
Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.
I kinda forget why I quoted this (this was 5-ish hours ago), but I think I picked it out because I feel like this post best explains Shado's defense of Haku. It's more of a preventing the thread from creating an environment in which Haku would just focus on Haku instead of other players. I think this is a towny gesture, allowing someone in town to have the capacity to generate reads for him to determine a read.
Maybe the reason I just typed out is why I quoted it. Either way, that's how I feel about it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
No one would argue that what your posting is mechanically more insightful then anything Haku posts d0 in the history of ever (I love you Haku but you just shine better later on) but I think what Haku is fixated on and the manner he's going about it is telling specifically for him and his meta

That said I believe that giving general thoughts about Haku d0 is pure easy-mode and I was under the assumption that you knew Haku better then to really see anything worth commenting. That said, I will concede its been awhile for you too and you may not really hold that view.

Still What Haku says tells me about what he sees his role as where yours really didn't leave much of an impression other then d0 thoughts. Which is fine; it's much more then some people give on d0 and all that can be asked but I think it's funny you would call Haku's padding because at the end of the game your d0 thoughts are d0 thoughts.

Hence, your post is closer to padding then his.

If you want to see that remake of mine black/white (as you have accused me of doing to Haku's post) and read that as "He's calling my post padding!"....well, I'd say I don't think I would disagree with that assessment either, but again if it's been awhile since you've played with Haku and you're trying to reset the meta read then I'll concede your post serves a better purpose.

But I'll spoil the fun right now and you that Haku is still extremely easy to solve. He's the one d0 read I always nail right. I understand if what works for me isn't a good reason for you but that's where I am on him. Mechanics / slips would have to be made before I really think what he posted came from WolfHaku.
I don't really see what Lar is trying to say with this post. Is he scum leaning YoshL for his response, or is he making a concession on the point? Lar is the first one to mention the word padding, and he just says "d0 thoughts are d0 thoughts". This is a bit contradictory as he uses it as a defense of haku's post, but also as a weapon against YoshL. If they're just d0 thoughts, why is yoshl padding but haku isn't? It doesn't make sense.

Quote:
I have not a clue what you're trying to say here, but you seem to be overreacting.

What I am getting from the long post to daiyki seems to boil down to "I am great at reading Haku and he is obviously a townsperson, therefore you posting anything is padding in comparison to Haku's posting." Is that accurate?
star sussing lar, more at 11

Quote:
this is the most Hello Fellow Townies post in the game, change my mind
I want to highlight this again because it looked VERY odd (for MML) on a reread knowing that star is town. I agree with inD's picking here. It's very odd considering that MML led an offensive against star in reaction to star reading into the interaction of yoshl/lar and voting lar. He backpedaled and said her vote was "pure" and then he did the HELLO FELLOW TOWNIES post that inD mentioned here.

Quote:
Has anyone else ever seen star type in all caps before?
something tells me wolf FFA would point something out like this in wolf chat, rather than in thread for all to see

Quote:
Players of interest:

mellon_collie
MML
inDheart

in that order atm. Be back in a bit
I brought this up before inD, so ha! I quoted this to remind myself to check later if this came true

Quote:
voting me is worse than voting no one

what's your xel read right now?
I found this post odd. Not super scummy odd, but just weird. Why did he pick Xel?
Old 05-6-2019, 05:20 PM   #851
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

ftr shado, I'm not feeling as positive about raeko right now as I was yesterday
I know she's been sick and having trouble focusing, but she really only responded to flashflash when she came back into thread. It's not as outwardly branch as I was hoping it to be.
Old 05-6-2019, 05:21 PM   #852
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
ftr shado, I'm not feeling as positive about raeko right now as I was yesterday
I know she's been sick and having trouble focusing, but she really only responded to flashflash when she came back into thread. It's not as outwardly branch as I was hoping it to be.
keep in mind that I put "AT THIS POINT IN TIME" at the end of my title of "Why I think raeko is town"
it's subject to change.
Old 05-6-2019, 05:26 PM   #853
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I found this post odd. Not super scummy odd, but just weird. Why did he pick Xel?
i wrote a response to someone already about it

someone accused ffa of not doing anything while being around, and xel posted after that on the same page as i read that, so my thought was, decent opportunity to shore up your xel read there, my guy

that was also around when i just started assuming what ffa's read on me could be since he doesn't want to talk about it, and continued the interaction like that once ffa answered me back here. he'd expressed annoyance with people still talking about haku after i asked xel a question about how he was reading haku, so i worked off that
Old 05-6-2019, 05:29 PM   #854
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
is the sense that you're getting that roundbox feels obligated to have a correct read there? if they're w/t he doesn't have to go that hard on the defense, i think

i almost feel like they keep missing each other and playing at some length to each other, which is already a decent spot to be when you need mislynches
the motivation if they're w/w is clear. wanting to keep a partner above suspicion.

one thing that pinged me was he told MML something along the lines of "if I felt she was playing poorly I wouldn't hesitate to throw her under the bus" but that may be badly remembered so let me get you the exact quote in a second here

the motivation if she's town is I think it'd be hard to sustain a wolfread on her without eliciting responses from her (or us) that would require him to keep building on that fake read on someone he again feels like he should have a solid read on, while a townread allows it to go relatively utr (and even commended), but I'll stop there because I don't want to take away from the main read with too much conjecture

lemme grab that under the bus quote real quick so I'm not misquoting him

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-6-2019, 05:32 PM   #855
flashflash account
FFR Player

Nah that backpedal is even worse than just saying it looks like shade tbh
Why is that I something id bring up in wolfchat the heck?

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-6-2019, 05:32 PM   #856
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
i wrote a response to someone already about it

someone accused ffa of not doing anything while being around, and xel posted after that on the same page as i read that, so my thought was, decent opportunity to shore up your xel read there, my guy

that was also around when i just started assuming what ffa's read on me could be since he doesn't want to talk about it, and continued the interaction like that once ffa answered me back here. he'd expressed annoyance with people still talking about haku after i asked xel a question about how he was reading haku, so i worked off that
you were responding to me on that one. reading your response again makes me curious if you also seized the opportunity to shore up your xel read at that time? do you remember?

and was it a Xel-specific thing or would you have pointed FFA at whoever was in thread if Xel had not been around?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-6-2019, 05:33 PM   #857
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
i mean, recently. in past years i've played tons of games (YoshL) but i was pretty toxic and just straight up anger all the time lol.

MML's mostly referring to the change in attitude, where in past years I would call his play terrible because fmpov he'd refuse to consider anything outside his headspace at all, whereas recently in one game (the fire emblem one) i've been a lot more diffusal about arguments and where the actual direction of arguments were going. e.g. if people are yelling at each other, it generates white noise rather than content when there's no end goal to the conversation, and it being only 2 people just compounding yelling at each other

and i've done it as wolf and town (i took a long hiatus from TWG) since coming back, but MML's remembering it as W/W for some reason. maybe salt idk
I like the tone of this post and the self-admission in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i think I'm just going over what i already said and it's getting nowhere

also gradiant seems to not be here for EoD so I'm changing vote to
ffa

star please dont vote roundbox
I don't think I pressed this hard or noticed it earlier, but why does Antori like me so much? Can you answer this if you're around, Antori?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
I dont make for a good detective but i try and ask people for reads here and there i drop most cases after i get 'enough' info
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
like if anything antori, can you not even make an attempt to write out a full reads list, but talk about like what you think the most important parts of this day that you think are relevant to your reads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Only person here that's even attempted to have a 'push' on me was you, and it was a pretty much halfassed 'pressure'. That doesn't count whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. Benefit of the doubt, that's still only 1 person out of 4 that I mentioned.
these three are NEVER the whole wolf team, lmfaoo
yoshl and gradiant posting their "coaching" at the same time is something that I cannot ever see happening if they are all partners together
useful interaction to note if one of them flips wolf in the future
Old 05-6-2019, 05:33 PM   #858
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
yo talk to me about roundbox. I think you had him as town, right?
gimme what you got

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-6-2019, 05:34 PM   #859
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
is this @ me?
(if you don't get it, I'm leaning you more town now)
it's a potential blue read, y'know? "something is different about star this game" could be interpreted many ways
Old 05-6-2019, 05:37 PM   #860
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
you were responding to me on that one. reading your response again makes me curious if you also seized the opportunity to shore up your xel read at that time? do you remember?

and was it a Xel-specific thing or would you have pointed FFA at whoever was in thread if Xel had not been around?
i missed him, apparently because he got back to me way later, but i liked his answer

i would've tried to tell ffa something else specific, yeah. he'd already been told "you're not doing anything, do something" so i wanted in part to give him a focus. could toss out anyone else who had just given an opinion on haku stuff as well
Closed Thread