13) pedolad Lynched D5, Doctor

Actions are beneath this spoiler
Actions:
N1:
Charu- No use
Island- Save Charu
pedo- Save Charu
Zenith- Block Charu
Mafia- Kill roundbox (Gradiant makes the kill)

N2:
Charu- Save pedo
island- Save pedo
pedo- Save island
Mafia- Kill XelNya

N3:
island- Save pedo
pedo- Save island
Mafia- Kill funnygurl

N4:
island- Save Gradiant
pedo- Save Gradiant
Mafia- Kill Charu

N5:
island- no action
pedo- Save Xiz
Mafia- Kill Xiz

N6:
Mafia- Kill island
island- Irrelevant

Pretty shitty activity at the end, weird that there were no replacements.

Gradiant played well, knew what his out was, and was rewarded for it. Attacking the doctor that Xiz was doubting at the end was what he had to do, and he did it well.

This game, as well as the last one, were won by deep wolves who had completely avoided suspicion until the endgame. These two games should serve as a reminder that reads need to be reset in TWG. A townread on d0 or d1 should not carry over into the endgame without some mechanics or an incredibly strong read.

Solid town performances out of Charu, Xiz and funnygurl, with not very much positive to say about many other people.

The setup itself was pretty townsided, and I hope that this is not a thing that people overlook when evaluating Gradiant's performance here. 2 Full doctors and a 1 shot means that there were, during the course of this game, a lot of people who the wolves were unable to kill, with the only save being on Xiz during night 5. This, combined with a 1-shot cop likely would have solidified a town victory if town had done a few things differently:

Inactivity in the late-game is inherently anti-town. Town needs to try and get together and solve the game at that point, and no one was really doing so. I didn't see anyone rereading beyond Gradiant, and that's never good for town. Its also a good part of the reason why cedo and island were both suspected more than they should be, especially cedo.

I know you know giving up like that is not ok, Brett. Don't do that. I know you're geared for a kind of instant satisfaction that forum TWG rarely provides for you and IRL TWG often does, but you've gotta stick with the game, you really have to. This is what's going to happen, no one, including you, is going to enjoy the game if someone is going to vote for themselves in a mylo situation. If you're unable to play the game, replace out, don't throw a fit.

@Yoshiisland, you need to post more. I saw you playing FFR on more than one occasion when you had single-digit posts on some of the day phases, you need to devote more time to the game, I feel.

Both PRs became paranoid and did not try and talk to each other about their reservations with one another, they just made silent judgements, and as a result, town lost a game that they should have automatically won because they did not communicate at all with one another. Its fine to doubt another claim, but its pretty unintelligent to make a decision that, if wrong, will lose the game for town 99% of the time if one of the doctors dies.

Saving Gradiant over Charu that night also makes no sense because Charu should always be the kill over Gradiant if you don't know who the wolf is. Its impossible for Charu to be fake without there being a serial killer, and after 3 nights of only one kill, it doesn't really make much sense for there to be a Serial Killer, Charu or otherwise.

Something I think people know already but I'll say anyways, if someone claims your role in c9++, don't counterclaim because... its not a counterclaim. That was pretty not good to watch.

That being said, the play that Xiz made probably shouldn't have been performed by him. Island is unfamiliar with both Xiz and FFRTWG, and I think expecting him, or really a player of any caliber, terribly good or terribly bad, is not going to work out well, especially in c9++. The wolves/potential SK are going to see a doctor claim for what is literally no reason and they're going to be less likely to believe the claim (especially if its from Xiz).

I know Charu mentioned this, and while Gradiant played a pretty solid wolfgame, he certainly made some mistakes. His assertion that funny was universally townread after she died in the night was a tell that he, if he were a wolf, would think she was worth killing, and I think no one looked back at funny's death to see how weird it was and how weird Jake's claim that she was universally townread was after the fact other than Charu, which is why he died.

Looking at night deaths in the early game isn't all that important, but when unconfirmed players are dying over confirmed players, its pretty important to try and determine why.

FWIW town does deserve kudos for the wagons d0 and d1, those were both good decisions by town, and it put them very far ahead in the game.

MVP to Gradiant and Charu, Gradiant for obvious reasons, a well-played but not perfect wolfgame that took advantage of town after being down by a considerable margin, and Charu for being the first person since roundbox to realize that Gradiant was a wolf, as well as harping on Zenith and switching to DBP in mega-yolo mode.

All in all, the first half of this game was good to watch, it is a shame that it fell apart in the end. Some combination of town not getting together when they should and Jake being able to coast off of earlygame cred.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

Last edited by thesunfan; 09-12-2016 at 10:44 PM..
Old 09-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLVII: The Perfect Blowjob Postgame

1) Gradiant - Loved him. Best wolf player in this team by a far margin. Had me fooled on so many seperate occasions. Even when he flat out told me in the face that Funny was an obvious lynch. I just shrugged that off as Gradiant making weird calls since I had other players in my mind.

2) Xiz - Has been super accurate this game. That Day 0 sudden jump on backpack should've solidified him for town forever. But Xiz being Xiz, nothing is ever certain with his playstyle. Other than that, I would say he'd played one hell of a game. Depending on what he does now though, I'll either give him a "Good boy" medal or "Silly boy" medal.

3) Charu - CHARU

4) XelNya - One of my top town reads. Another mysterious death imo, but I liked his sincere posting in d0 EoD. It was so freakin' pure, I couldn't put Xel in my wolf reads anymore. And hey, look at that, it helped! Other than though, I think Xel was doing too much shit for his own good. He just needs to cut down on his posts that provide nothing. There's a fine balance of shitposting without content and shitposting with content.

5) Yoshiisland - Very poor. Has been terribly absent and has done moves that only make me pull my hair out. Not voting in any phase because you want to see it play out IS DOWNRIGHT GARBAGE TIER. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though with his slip ups before the claim though. Don't think he's used to us quiet yet. But yeah, definitely change that inactive and not voting thing. Those two things are gross and can easily backfire to you (if Xiz picks the silly boy option).

6) roundbox - Made a pretty radical reads list that was completely different from the rest. Had Gradiant has scum but didn't quite act on it. Meh... it's another death I don't get except for fear kill.

7) DaBackPack - Attendance literally dropped mid D0. Be active more if you're a wolf dude, come on!

8) botchi246 - Try to be more consistent with what you want to say. Otherwise people will call you out on it 100% of the time and flip on you. Your problem isn't because people hate you, it's that you tend to post in such a neutral way that doesn't give anything and it usually clashes with something you said previously.

9) ShadoWolfe - tbh, if you didn't get mod killed, probably would've sniffed at you the second phase because you voted for funny. Don't know how much of a different game it would be if you didn't forget night talk was off.

10) Arntonach - Don't hate him, but I don't like his posts usually. In this game, he kept on flip flopping and having posts I nod to and posts I shake my head at hard. Take for example the last post he made before getting insta'd. That's something a town should not be saying at that point in time. When given the choice of me telling you to lynch me, you have to give a reason as well, not just blindly follow. idk

11) Funnygurl555 - Still meh, get meh'd at. You'd play cool though, I didn't have a beef with you after that EoD so... I don't think I was even really paying you much attention after that tbh, HAHAHA. I just knew you were 80% likely town in that situation.

12) Zenith - dropped from the face of the earth second phase. Got super mad at him, but it ended up working out anyways.

13) pedolad - This is how a doctor should act, Yoshi. I really like what cedo has done this game. It's vastly different from his previous games as he's actually talking. I like this more active cedo than previous cedo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #3
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

These were written well in advance, so it might look weird, but it's still pretty much the same.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Gradiant, that was amazing. Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 09-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #5
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

minus points for xiz's last vote reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #6
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Also, Yoshi, please look at this and understand why you lost the game for town.

If anything, I want you to understand that being inactive is a big nono when it comes down to something so... I guess important?

Just try to be here, or something, anything. idk

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 09-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #7
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

kinda don't feel so good about the setup anymore, have some changes from myself and other people who were active in deadchat

kinda don't feel so good about Xiz using random.org in that spot, kind of takes away from what TWG is. I suppose I can accept it if he was gettin da booty and that's all he could do, but eh.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 09-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #8
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

xel has been getting better and better lately imo and I'm not sure if anyone is noticing
its weird
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2016, 10:15 PM   #9
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

stop killing me n0/n1 you fucks
Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #10
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
xel has been getting better and better lately imo and I'm not sure if anyone is noticing
its weird
i've noticed

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #11
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

gg gradiant on the win against two doctors.

Xiz, random.org? :l
Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #12
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

lol i was 100% lying about random.org

I was gonna vote gradiant anyway

Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #13
Xiz
TWG Chaos

and im not gettin da booty tonight

Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #14
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Grad you played well im impressed.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #15
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post

it's easy to say now but idk if i believe you when the outcome of the game rides on that

Quote:
Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #16
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Also this will be my last TWG game until probably December. Shame it ended like that with the afk-ness but what can ya do.

I at least played a good game.

Cheers <3

Old 09-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #17
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post

'silly boy' medal

Thanks guys. Shame dbp got put in kitb and I ended up having to off Zenith. Wasn't expecting to make it that far at all.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #18
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
it's easy to say now but idk if i believe you when the outcome of the game rides on that
If you really think I would throw a game on random.org I would be disappointed in you, thinking you would know me better then that but eh, who knows.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #19
Xiz
TWG Chaos

I'll be spectating the next few games, was fun everyone. Good game to end on. Also lol @ the modkill.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #20
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

aww, xiz doesn't even get to end the game with a perfect blowjob
Closed Thread