Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
giganutsauce
Banned

Default Alpha Company - Airport Arrival (1)

So, I decided to write about my experience at Basic Combat Training. This is the first chapter hahaha.

I turned off my music and realized that it was the last time I’d listen to music for over two months. Reluctantly handing a black and orange little piece of equipment, my mp3 player, to my step-father, I got of the car and grabbed my trusty orange backpack. I had thrown some random clothes into it the night before, not wanting to think about my upcoming experience. A pair of blue jeans, some assorted shirts from my church, house, as well as some other small things. Some socks. My mom got out of the passenger seat, and gave me a loving, motherly hug.

“Goodbye, Michael,” she said. “I’ll see you in two months. Be safe at boot camp.” She wore a calm expression, but I knew that she was on the verge of tears. Her wavering voice gave her away. I poked my head into the car (well, it was more a truck than anything… A GMC Jimmy) and said a quick “good-bye” to my step-father, Derek.

“Come back a soldier, Michael.” He smiled, but his smile showed no emotion. Derek had always been one of those men who didn’t show emotion. But there was always that love there, that unspoken respect.

I withdrew my head out of the window, and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, notifying me of a new text message. Probably from Deborah, I thought to myself. Ignoring it, I turned to Mom, and said my final good-bye. I kissed her on the cheek, and turned to the entrance to the airport. I took my first step to the hardest and longest two months of my life.
giganutsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
IDKW2CM
FFR Player

Default Re: Alpha Company - Airport Arrival (1)

Hm and how did boot camp go?
btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by giganutsauce View Post
step-father, I got of the car
I got out of the car, and good job overall!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: Alpha Company - Airport Arrival (1)

I always respect a military man, I'll be one myself soon enough. But, it's been over a week with no updates to this. Is it the first chapter or will you continue it? I'd really like to see some more here. It's really short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote