Old 01-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #261
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: The Etterna Project

0.54 is officially out https://github.com/xwidghet/stepmani...ases/tag/0.54r

you should prolly read the release notes for this and the pre-releases that preceded it, but in case you don't and you haven't been following development here's basically what you need to know in a few screenshots

more skillsets!!! and some of them even work!!!

f i l t e r b o i z

profile viewer!!!

judge steppmania

again, if you have any feedback the best place to do it is in the development discord https://discord.gg/ZqpUjsJ
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #262
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I was actually about to post in this thread with an issue but I'll check out the notes and hopefully it's fixed

also how to cap fps, 1k fps is gr8 but totally unneeded I think
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #263
Flossy97
FFR Player

In preferences.ini there's framelimit and framelimitgameplay which you can use to cap the framerate
Old 01-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #264
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Those are some swanky features :O Very nice! I like where this is going

Any chance you can reduce the font size on those tabs in the profile viewer so they are actually legible?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #265
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

yeah legibility in the headers is on the list of stuff to do
Old 01-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #266
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

will there be a way for previous dp only scores to be calculated into the profile skill system (just based off of PA count) or is that a moot thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:19 PM   #267
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

it's possible and actually would be very easy to do however since the conversion is done by worst case scenario, e.g. every good = 134.99 ms, every great = 89.99 ms, etc, the practical benefit is basically 0 beyond initially populating a profile

that is to say in all likelihood you'll be penalized enough that even in a severe slump any new scores will outweigh any old ones by a significant margiin

im on the fence on whether or not it should be allowed

actually there's a test case i could use hold on

e: so my test case is a 97% sdcb which gets shafted to barely a 93% when converted, granted the cb spread is 3/3/3 so thats pretty bad however had all the cbs been misses i wouldnt have had a 97% in dp in the first place

the score in question i would consider to probably be one of my best and it fills out a handstream slot for me which i am sorely lacking high ranks in, but basically all the merit in having the score applied to my profile is lost after conversion

on the other other hand that's just my particular case and the conversion penalties aren't as bad as i remember thinking they were so I guess i'm leaning toward allowing conversion and it being optional?

e2: yeah what i can do fairly easily is just make a button in the profile tab that converts everything

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 01-25-2017 at 10:50 PM..
Old 01-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #268
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

would it be worst case, or would could it be balanced with like, middle ground for the judgments (goods would be like, 112.5 ms) with a percentage cap of the original DP w/o holds factored in? (to prevent overinflation of scores)

I guess the reasoning is, the new profile scores tab is really cool, but not seeing all the previous scores listed in there that i've gotten makes it weird to see what i should be playing to make the skill rating more accurate to the system.

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:28 PM   #269
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

tbh doing something like that probably would be fine as a practical matter but i wouldnt really be comfortable doing it in principle

say you have a score on amber shores with 200g all of which are 80ms or more early, assuming each one was only 65 ms just seems like bad practice
Old 01-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #270
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

i guess, in practice you can definitely argue that that really doesn't happen at all, and that timing will for the most part, follow a gaussian distribution

even if someone's timing is skewed early or late, it will usually err on the side of undervaluing each judgement.

Scores where say, there's like a couple goods randomly, those may be overvalued, however they would probably be completely negligible due to the fact that random cbs don't really do too much to alter the final score. If there's more, the cbs would usually be accompanied by other cbs and bad judgement, again because of natural distribution tendencies and w/e. And if there's too much, then the score's probably too low to actually contribute too much to your profile stats anyways

edit: either way, if you do decide to do something like this, would it also be possible to denote scores that were converted over from dp in like, the profile screen and pb in the lower left and other places as well

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 01-25-2017 at 11:39 PM..
Old 01-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #271
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

yeah you're right, i'll think on it, regardless of what i decide i'm still never going to like the idea of possibly rewarding players where they dont deserve it

also yes tagging converted files would be a prerequisite for this

e: ok ive decided to do midwindow conversions but there will be a ~_prICe 2 PAy_~

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 01-26-2017 at 12:06 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #272
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

I think there's definitely fringe cases where the player gets rewarded, but those are like, generally never going to happen simply because you'd have to have stupid accuracy at the latter edge of a timing window in order for that to happen, and the general gaussian distribution would still balance that out i think?

like if someone hit right at the edge of the perfect window, then yeah that would reward them, but that would mean that they already had fucking godlike MA, and just a shitty ass offset, in which case, they deserve to at least take a tiny bump up in score?

idk i'm really trying to think of cases where players do get rewarded, but they don't really make sense for people who are like, legit playing the game, since i do think that the edge cases should be accounted for and definitely factored into reasoning

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 01-26-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #273
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

it would almost assuredly be limited to fringe cases like consistently jumptrilling something like amber shores early yes

or very short files where proper distributions don't have enough samples to form

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 01-26-2017 at 11:31 AM..
Old 01-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #274
Casey2069
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

K.

Last edited by Casey2069; 01-28-2017 at 11:33 AM..
Casey2069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:37 PM   #275
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

woops, i'll fix it asaply, thanks for letting us know

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 01-27-2017 at 11:38 PM..
Old 01-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #276
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Is there still the ability to have two players split screen like in normal Stepmania or OpenITG?
I'm not quite sure how to activate that mode in Etterna, if it is still possible.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #277
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

short answer is no

long answer is it's not supported in the theme but you can use the build and a different theme and it will work

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 01-29-2017 at 05:41 PM..
Old 02-1-2017, 02:07 PM   #278
CaptainAhab
FFR Player

I downloaded the latest version of the installer, but when I double-click it in my Downloads folder, nothing happens. I've tried running it as an administrator, but no dice. Any suggestions? I'm on Windows 10.
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2017, 02:23 PM   #279
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
I downloaded the latest version of the installer, but when I double-click it in my Downloads folder, nothing happens. I've tried running it as an administrator, but no dice. Any suggestions? I'm on Windows 10.
It might be an issue with your firewall/antivirus settings, in which case you may need to make an exception for Etterna. Alternatively, check in system processes and make sure it attempts to run when double clicking it.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2017, 02:30 PM   #280
CaptainAhab
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
It might be an issue with your firewall/antivirus settings, in which case you may need to make an exception for Etterna. Alternatively, check in system processes and make sure it attempts to run when double clicking it.
No process starts, and I even added it into my allowed Firewall apps -- nada. Very odd. Thanks anyway.
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote