xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

ROFL, you got owned :P
Old 07-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #242
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I thought MoP was lying about those attacking the boats...
Old 07-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #243
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I thought he was lying too! o_O Anywho, more MS fun, and MM demands that I post screenshots! After a hard day's journeying through the swamp, we stopped in at the sauna, and things got a little crazy.

....things escalated quickly.....

....even Mr. Sweatbottom got in on the action, much to my dismay. =\

We finally made our way to Hene, where we took some time to get personal. Too personal.

Afro had to skip out, so me and MM went recruiting around to gather people up for the nudist celebration of the century! We finally got a good group and had a fun time taking pictures.

But we failed to realize the implications of everybody getting naked, and wild nudist hippy sex followed quickly.

Hell, who needs to actually play the game, just screw around! It's more fun than anything else! XD

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 07-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #244
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

o.o

oh my.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:38 PM   #245
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

ROFL That's awesome.

And why do you set your attacks to keys like ctrl?

My Left Hand
V = Pick Up Items
B = Attack
N = Lucky Seven
G = Dark Sight
Space = Jump

My Right Hand
Arrow keys = Movement
Ctrl = 50 hp potions
Shift = 150 hp potions
Delete = 100 mp potions
Old 07-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #246
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX
If I remember correctly a long time ago in the first Maple Story topic, you were raging on about how awesome the gameplay is and the sprites are.
No. I've never even downloaded this piece of shit. It looks like a really bad ripoff of every Korean online game ever made. And I'm sure it is.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 07-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #247
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

For me, right hand does movement and the potions you see there. Left hand does the following:

Z = Attack
X = Jump
C = Items
V = Sit down (ololo ZXCV)

So basically my left pinky/ring finger do all the attacking and just move between Z, shift, and ctrl. I find it quite easy to do.

Also, I meant to ask this a long time ago, but wtf is a door of dimension!?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:04 PM   #248
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

OMFG BARLOG SUMMON IN LITH.

It was on channel 12 of Bera, in Lith. I wasn't there when the first barlog was summoned, but I was there when the GM came and summoned a second one. It was sooooooooo laggy I couldn't get that great of screenshots, but here's what I got.

A picture of all the people waiting patiently for the GM to come, or for someone to summon another one..

Another picture of the multitudes of people..

A crappy picture of a GM. The lag made it so I couldn't get a ss when he jumped up. Notice I lost 1% of exp because I got kill by a barlog when the GM summoned it.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #249
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Then came the snow.

Then the servers crashed. XD
Old 07-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #250
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

I've been reading on the MS forum, and it sounds like there was a summon on Maple Island, and on Scania. The GM's had to shut down the servers or something..

Can anybody connect right now?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #251
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

I can, but I end up disconnecting within a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 07-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #252
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

WTF I MISSED IT!! WHAT HAPPENED!? WHY!? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND?! IF HE SUMMONED A BARLOG WHY DIDN'T YOU GET A SS OF IT!? O_o

Old 07-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #253
banditcom
FFR Player

I restarted my computer.

AntiVir told me this:
C:\GAMES\WIZET\MAPLESTORY\MAPLESTORY.EXE

Is the Trojan horse TR/PSW.LdPinch.PU

WTF?!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #254
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omeganitros
On a note about getting to the Balrog:

A) You are NOT getting past the Minotaurs, much less the Cargos. However, if you should ever get to the minotaurs, be very proud of yourselves and take pictures. They're much cooler than the Balrog anyways.

B) DARKSIGHT IS YOU BEST FRIEND.
First of all, they are Tauromacis and Taurospears. Second, Magicians can get there before their second job advance easily. Warriors can get there at level 20. Thieves can get there whenever they have a good enough Dark Sight.

And just a note, Cargos are easy. And another note, so are Tauromacis.

EB: Mushmom spawns once an HOUR. It's not an enemy that just sits there waiting for people to show up. The Jr. Balrog spawns once every 7 HOURS.

~Squeek

PS - If you're wondering why the game is so laggy now, take a guess. Events are taking place. Don't even bother trying to get in one, though. Pretty much EVERYBODY IN THE GAME is trying at the same time.

Oh, and Surfboards drop from Ligators. I'm gonna try to get one of those, then get me a Lifesaving Ring.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:22 AM   #255
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

I got to lv 15 the other day. So that makes me at 30 Dex, and 56 in Str.(I think). I did the quest last night where I had to get thoes stupid flowers for that guy.. What a waist of time. I only got 30 screws. Anyway. I'll be one Monday the 18th ALL day. So if anyone wants to schedule a get-together then lets do it and get some quests done.

BTW, I hated Slash Blast until I got pitted against 7 Green mushrooms and I raped the first six in like 5-8 hits. Felt alwesome to kick that much ass while losing so little health.

Also, Those golems Eveilbutterfly was talking about. Yea, I jumped in there pit by accident lasted 1.5 seconds. They do 250 dmg to me each hit. I didn't even get a swing off. Had about 55% Exp when I died. Luckily it didn't take it away.

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #256
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom
I restarted my computer.

AntiVir told me this:
C:\GAMES\WIZET\MAPLESTORY\MAPLESTORY.EXE

Is the Trojan horse TR/PSW.LdPinch.PU

WTF?!
I don't know what that virus does, so it is more than likely unknown by most scanners. How did it pick up that!?
Old 07-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #257
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
I did the quest last night where I had to get thoes stupid flowers for that guy.. What a waist of time. I only got 30 screws
Screws aren't important to you now, but they're really hard to get and pretty damn valuable. They're used for making equipment, kinda like leather and ores. They seem pretty useless until you need them, and you could sell them to people for quite a bit. The only other way to get screws that I know of is a bronze plate + a steel plate.

Also, I thought about something for that quest. Every time you drop off flowers you get 150 exp, and 300 for when you drop off the last flower. I figured if you just stored all but one flower and then talked to John you could get 150 for EACH flower. So instead of getting 450-600 exp for the quest, you'd get 1650. I, for one, would walk back and forth between storage just for that easy exp, and I'll have to try doing it some time on a new character.

And 87x, you probably lost exp, you just didn't notice it. I didn't notice that my exp fell until I actually watched it as I died. It goes away right before you die, kinda like how it's gained before you actually kill stuff, so you never notice that it goes down unless you had remember the exact number of exp you had.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #258
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Eh, whatever.. It wasn't enough of a significant difference from before to after I died for it to matter anyway.

Update. lv 16.

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #259
-Skooter-
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to -Skooter- Send a message via MSN to -Skooter- Send a message via Yahoo to -Skooter-

I'm only a lvl 8 ..almost 9 YAY. Anyways, I don't know anyones name on there, and I'm in desperate need of help...so feel free to add me,my name is Skoots
Old 07-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #260
banditcom
FFR Player

I don't know Tosh. I think it said it because it may act like a trojan, with the way it patches...?

87x: Dude, that flower quest isn't just for screws. When you drop the flowers off, click on the flower bed and out will come 2 ores of the same kind.
Closed Thread