Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 06-8-2004, 02:05 PM   #61
RuhielRaptor
FFR Player

Sorry for the delay folks but as promised, here's the story of me pissing off a small rodent (well it was a possum but still...)

The house I lived in before this one was in a neighborhood that had rpoblems with squirrels, rabbits and the like. So we set up a squirrel trap in our backyard, a cage that when a small animal stepped in and tried to eat the bait, the doors would fall down on either end and lock it in. We've caught some pretty strange animals like birds, turtles, cats and dogs. Well one morning, we went out to see if anything was in the trap- a nice angry possum was sitting there and when we went near it, it hissed like a little bitch at us. My dad and I would release the squirrels and stuff in a field that was fenced in ( it was owned by GM and was very very large). We open the cage and let the animal run under a fence and away from us. This time though, instead of running away, the possum turned around and tried to attack! it didn't help probably that I was laughing at it the whole time for being stupid enough to get caught. So I jump in the pickup part of my dad's truck while he looks for a stick or something to prod it under the fence. It still tried to bite us so my dad just jumped in the truck and left. I was still in the bed though and when we left there were two thumps within about a second of each other, the first was me falling on my butt because i stood up in the bed just as the truck took off but the second was the possum...I think you can guess what happened.

Lifetime- for teaching children that women are rape toys and all men are evil(ladies, I\'m single and guranteed not to rape you!)
RuhielRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 02:06 PM   #62
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

This one time, I was eating a nectorine, and I BIT THE SEED.

No joke.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 04:37 PM   #63
ravenhexa
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ravenhexa

this isnt so much stupid as embarrassing.

i was like, 10, and i was about to sit down at the kitchen table (where my friend, this guy i kind of liked and my sister were sitting at). so im about to sit in the chair, and my sister pulls it out from under me. very original. so i fall and hit my ass on the ground, start laughing then start crying. then after this all happened, i told my sister then when i hit the ground, i farted. so...it was kind of embarrassing. fun.
ravenhexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 05:34 PM   #64
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Hey! Raise your hand if you aren't emotionally disturbed, haven't dropped out of school, aren't suicidal, have never been suicidal, and are socially accepted!

Ah, the Internet.

Oh and straight up the funniest thing I read in this thread had to be "I said thank you to a chocolate bar machine."

I didn't even know there were chocolate bar machines. Where I come from, there are snack machines, and there are soda machines. Wtf is up with chocolate bar machines.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 05:57 PM   #65
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

Stupidest thing I've ever done:
Went to drop a friend off at home (who lives down the street, we had been out), and instead of turning my car around (a 1985 Buick Riviera , and the street is insanely narrow, you can't fit 2 cars on it at once), I decided to be lazy and back down the street. Hit not one, but two mail boxes, freaked out, and hid at the end of the this dead end street in my car for half an hour. As I finally drove back down the street I saw both families putting their mailboxes back up.
Old 06-8-2004, 06:03 PM   #66
DaynieBurger
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DaynieBurger Send a message via Yahoo to DaynieBurger

I pissed off emo kids =\
DaynieBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 09:09 PM   #67
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25

Well, this is more embarrassing than stupid, but anyway...
I was in sixth grade, and my english class was doing a unit on poetry. So I tried to bring in a "classic literature" poem to read to the class. Unfortunately, I chose THISpoem, and it really didn't do so well (the class was dying laughing by the end of the chorus) and I didn't know what was so funny. So I asked one of my classmates... and... yeah. It was probably the only time I've ever wanted to crawl under a rock and die.
psychic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 10:33 AM   #68
blitzmage
Banned

Send a message via AIM to blitzmage Send a message via MSN to blitzmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman

Oh and straight up the funniest thing I read in this thread had to be "I said thank you to a chocolate bar machine."

I didn't even know there were chocolate bar machines. Where I come from, there are snack machines, and there are soda machines. Wtf is up with chocolate bar machines.
Yeah, we don't have Machines at our school that vend anything but chocolate bars.
blitzmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 10:36 AM   #69
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

This one time.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 01:54 PM   #70
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Oh, my friends and I had the great idea of a bunch of us standing in a semi-deep end of the swimming pool (so our heads would be above water) and have the lightest kid try to run across our heads to the other side of the pool. Bad times, though I think Nick (the smallest) made it.

If that isnt stupid, I dont know what is.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 02:58 PM   #71
Matthew666
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Matthew666 Send a message via MSN to Matthew666

The dumbest thing I've done.....Hmmmm...I'd have to say, go to school without a belt. I'm sure you all can imagine why.
Old 06-9-2004, 03:28 PM   #72
jennyboo
FFR Player

Default stupid

This is the stupidest thing I've ever done. From the time I was 14 until I was 17 I went out with this guy (whom I was very much in love with) but he had many emotional problems which he like to take out on me. Not always physically, but there were a few occasions. He always told me how I didn't do enough for him, or that I wasn't good enough. I would always be told by people how he was always flirting with other girls, and he used to snub me if we were around his friends. But still I couldn't leave him. I know now that if I would've been smart, or if I would've been a strong enough person I could've left him and I wouldn't have had such a heartache for a very long time afterwards.

But I guess if I would've done the smart thing, I wouldn't have posted in this topic. What's really funny about the whole situation is that for the next year after that he wouldn't stop calling me, coming over, or coming to the place that I worked at. He was telling me how I was the best thing he ever had and he couldn't believe he messed it up that bad. Guys are strange sometimes (women can be too though), but I didn't go back to him.

Now I'm with a great guy who I've been with for 4 years now. We just got engaged in February and will be getting married in September 2005 (woot). So everything turned out okay.
jennyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 04:54 PM   #73
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynieBurger
I pissed off emo kids =\
Not that it's even hard to do.

OMG I WER MY SISTERZ PANTZ N CRY WEN I PLYA MYUZIK

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 07:49 PM   #74
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Laharl's avatar somehow adds to his above post.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 08:08 PM   #75
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

List is endless. Top 5. (#1 is the best)

1. I almost fell off a mountain. That was pure genius on my part. We were enjoying lunch after climbing this mountain on a relatively flat rock that overlooked the valley. Some idiot left the peanut butter sideways and eventually it starts rolling towards the edge. Being the amazing idiot that I am at times, I chase after it. I stop it 6 inches from the edge, but leaning forwards to pick it up caused me to fall. There was a small 3 foot ledge about 6 feet down from the big rock that I landed on with about 2 inches to spare. Not like I had good foot placement either. But I swear that peanut butter was safe all thanks to me.

2. I live on top of a hill, so our driveway is a big slope. I once decided it'd be fun to rollerblade down my driveway. It's about a 45 degree slope and maybe 100 feet long and not the smoothest surface in the world. I ended up putting a gash in my knee from the rusty side of the truck we used to have deep enough to see bone. Big scar, but no doctor required for that one.

3. For 3 years I worked as a volunteer camp counselor at a sports camp and I got extremely bored. I decided to play with the only thing that was in sight: a pair of safety scissors. The ones that can't cut skin. I decided to teach the kids that were watching me how safety scissors can't cut skin. It's a smart idea to teach 6-8 year olds that SCISSORS don't CUT SKIN.

4. When my old computer broke down (Pre my awesome computer knowledge) from a motherboard failure I thought I was able to fix it. It's probably not a good fix plugging in the IDE ribbon FROM the motherboard back INTO the motherboard.

5. When I was 6 I was taking a bath and slipped even on the no-slip grip stuff and mashed my chin against the edge of the tub. 7 stitches for that one. Almost exactly 6 years later in a pool bath house I slipped on the no-slip grip stuff and landed squarely on my chin again. Completely reopened the previous wound. 7 stitches. I wonder if I'll do it again at 18 to keep the pattern.

Those are the best. If I even think of another one I'll post it.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 08:13 PM   #76
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was breaking a horse, he reared up backwards and almost landed on me. I got out with just a bump on the head. I got right back on and he reared up again and this time he did land on me. Concussion. Fortunately not death.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:02 AM   #77
cutesaru18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to cutesaru18

One time, I was eating lunch with one of my best friends in the school cafeteria. WE were both laughing about a picture of me that she had. She then called another of my friends over. One of them (I don't remember who) then said something that caused me to laugh so hard that I fell backwards out of the chair.

To this day, they won't let me live that one down...