Old 04-2-2020, 06:48 AM   #1
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Post The 10k Paradoxes essay is done

The 10000 paradoxes refers to a vast array of ongoing events in our world that defy reason and logic. This document describes some of the anamolies as well as theories, advice, and reflection about them.
I often begin explaining what the 10000 paradoxes are by giving an example of one.

"Have you ever seen someone laying a brick? Y'know, dabbing some mortar from a pail, smearing it onto a brick, and placing another? A brick mason."
"Yeah, once."

That's the most common response. Once or twice. If bricklayers are rarely seen, how do we explain the millions of perfectly aligned bricks in our cities? What is a brick even? That example was the first of many that I hope are inspiring.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's another.
"Do you recall the first motored airplane flight by the Wright Bros. in late 1903?"
"Yes, of course."
"You then recall the tales of the Red Baron, who in 1914, gunned down many other pilots for the Germans during WW1?"
"Of course I remember the Red Baron."
"But what airplanes do you recall between the Wright Bros. 15 second flight but before the Barons dogfighting career 10 years later?"

How did a single crude prototype evolve into
the wings of destruction that armed the air forces of
the WW1 superpowers hardly a decade later?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another example:
It requires more fuel to power the pumps, turbines, and drills used in the crude oil industry than the amount of commercial gas that is eventually seperated from the crude oil. If that alone isn't puzzling enough, also consider the tens of millions of other machines requiring gas fuel. Moreover, the herculean task of refining, packing, shipping, selling, and maintaining all of the filling stations. The final product is available for $2 per gallon. As cheap as water. Well, you get the idea.

big negative numbers are't big numbers
Before learning new paradoxes let's think more about the ones already exemplied and rationalize their possible implications, values, origins, and why making them a mantra for meditation is beneficial.

A closer look at the vast brick buildings dotting the land, darkens their mystery. During my travels I learned that virtually each brick is perfect. Also perfect is the mortar, the binding agent between each brick; oftentimes smoothed by the finger of one diligent artisan.

What is a brick?
How are they manufactured?
How efficient is a bricks journey from creation to the wall?

a photo highlighting the density of
a neighbordhood in southwestern USA

Unimpressed by the flexible, lighter-than-air design of the balloons and derigibles fancied by aviators, pioneers, and thrillseekers of their generation, Orville and Wilbur Wright surprised us all by affixing the motorized propeller's fate onto a 715 pound wooden glider. Their airplane's 12 second flight permanently altered the trajectory of air travel.

But no notable improvements were seen until 9 years later when, like fireflies emerging on a warm summer night, nations worldwide gradually revealed fleets of machine gun toting war planes and skilled pilots they collected secretly and independently. The stage was set for WW1, for the Baron, and for the eldritch paradoxes of 20th century modern life.

Although we were always aware of his existence, the declassifcation of hundreds of secretly stockpiled airforces by nations around the globe in 1912 was the first time Paradox had shown his form. His intent to dominate. Before 1912 the unexplainable things were deemed miracles. After 1912 those miracles had declared a war against justice that has continued to the present, becoming more malevolent in time.
More topics for future reference:
-the history of the railroad industry from 1820 to present
-the history of automobiles from the 19th century to present
-the advent of electric tools; from it's humble beginnings, the age of Edison, to it's current power
-how modern society deals with the death of citizens
-the history of music; from antiquity to pop tunes from the 90s and today
-the history of art; focused on contrasting Renaissance paintings with the breathtaking new art made possible with computers
-new age theoretical physics surpassing relativity, quantum mechanics, and wellknown principles; eclipsing even Newtonian fundamentals and physics' basic laws
-some radical names and ideas from popular religion such as scientology, predestination and free will, jesus christ, reincarnation, atheism and agnosticism, bushido samurais, zen buddhism, eastern monasteries, and I must mention occultism
-religious topics and controversies from history such as Martin Luther, Hammurabi, Gutenberg; (the peace and welcomeness towards the blasphemy of) Joseph Smith

The evils and atrocities of history are never mentioned because they conflict with the mood and undermine the ultimate purpose of this document, which is to reassess and reevaluate the morals, virtue, and righteousness of modern man. So let's begin a new paragraph, shall we? Now that you're familiar, I feel it's safe to stretch the grammar and arrangement for more flexibility.
It's your choice. To momentarily try this revamping of ideals, good manners, courtesy, and sportsmanship in the wake of bold, paradigm shifting knowledge, or not.

We've now reached the paradox de la creme. Similar to a terrible holiday sweater worn by a scarecrow stuffed with all the other observable paradoxes.

Most of what we know now,
we knew when we were little kids.
Though the world's infrastructure, population, and pollution has grown, the meat and potatoes of your knowledge, behavior, reasoning, etc, was already there as a toddler. You've lived life thus far by the same old rhetoric. The same knowledge. The same pamphlet provided at the door. Admittedly you've read the pamphlet hundreds of times, made improvements here and there, and went through some phases, but nonetheless. The baby brain paradox isn't the most puzzling of examples, but is likely the most important.
The wings made by Daedulus from feathers and wax ages ago were fragile but functional. Many things are fragile yet functional. Anyways, I can't remember where I put the journey in this paragraph, but the destination is this. Remember that almost everyone alive today either currently or previously unanimously attended public education. It is the pinnacle of choreography and likely the most brilliant paradox of all. Upwards of a billion kiddos rarely missed a day of attending and participating in one of the many thousand schools. We were, and still are, each doggedly taught identical curriculums during this unequaled display of administrative power. The textbooks, lessons, tests, programs, and extracurricular activities are divided into 6 hour days of study from early morning to afternoon, segmented into halfyears spanning a total of 12 or more years. And honestly, despite the tyranny, I appreciate it.
Closing one-liners of untold wisdom and intrigue

with negligent
stream-of-conscience
English debauchery

Let this lesson not be the last, but the first of a genre. Godwilling may the quantas of information stretch the fabric of the veil for each and all. Observe the toddler brain. Find the coveted subconscious, spry with feelings, rhetorics, mantras, and personal je ne c'est quois. Raise the ante before collecting your chips and heading back home to the warm hearth of curriculum and familiarity.
One of my favorite things about science is if one scientist shares their findings, then everyone else can absorb the knowledge effortlessly.
trust me. i've been sitting on a couch for the better half of 30 years.
[WIP]

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 04-11-2020 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: saved, done, thanks
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 06:59 AM   #2
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: practical essay on the 10000 Paradoxes for our modern world

i logged into my hacked account again just to respond to this thread
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 10:11 AM   #3
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Interesting concept, T. Looking forward to reading some more!
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 10:49 AM   #4
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Unsure if memeing, or ate too much lawn clippings.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
flashflash account
FFR Player

water is free

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My issues:

1. The premise here is absent, in short: you fail to get to the point even slightly.
2. The examples used are poor, they lack substance in relation to what you're talking about. Which is also again, not even relevant, because in this entire section you fail to get remotely close to the point.
3. What is the point of pausing to reflect, when literally what you're reflecting on is in the paragraph right above it?
4. I'm no expert here, but your grammar leaves a lot to be desired.

Even as an opening section, it is an absolute failure.

Last edited by XelNya; 04-2-2020 at 02:03 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I am slightly confused tbh. Is the point of this to be things that people commonly don't know off the top of their heads? Because a lot of it can be found with a quick Google search. O_O

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 06:52 PM   #8
the sun fan
FFR Player

a lot cooler is the fact that we went to the moon like 65 years after flying for the very first time

planes in ww1 were, comparatively, pieces of shit

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote