Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #461
The_Toymaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 7th Official FFR Tournament ~predictions thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
There are two types. People who want to win and people who want to have fun on a shitty flash game that runs at 30FPS and that people take way too seriously. The people who want to win similar to neomasterpie is smart enough to realize he is getting not only money out of this but a gift card to new egg which can get him anything. But you know since this game is 'so much fun' and 'so serious' I would assume honesty is the best policy. amirite?
thats three types of people
Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #462
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Human nature says otherwise. Why request a bump when you can ride easy street to a sweet victory and great prizes? I would imagine most people in a tournament given a little more slack than they should would just roll with it.
If I was placed in D1 or D2 I would have requested a bump because it wouldn't be fair to the others in the tournament for me to just easily walk into the prizes and victory. People blaming human nature for being selfish is just a cop out in general. We are in control of our actions.

At this point, there's nothing we can do, it's too late. But he didn't earn it; he didn't have to battle like everyone else and he stole his prize from a more honest person. It's like dropping a major league baseball player into little league by accident, slamming the baseball down their twelve year old throats, and then winning MVP.

That's my 52 cents. Turning your back on fairness and honesty will just make your little corner of the world a latrine, no matter what the circumstance.

Quote:
Lol Honesty and FFR. Woah man so srs
Community is what you make it ...

Quote:
There are two types. People who want to win and people who want to have fun on a shitty flash game that runs at 30FPS and that people take way too seriously. The people who want to win similar to neomasterpie is smart enough to realize he is getting not only money out of this but a gift card to new egg which can get him anything. But you know since this game is 'so much fun' and 'so serious' I would assume honesty is the best policy. amirite?
Are you saying someone can't have fun and take it seriously? And the addition of real prizes would make it more serious because the stakes are higher....

Two types?
1) people who want to win
2) People who want to have fun
3) people who take the game too seriously

Old 08-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #463
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Either way to sum up this troll of an argument let the course of the tournament go through its flow. Worry about no one but yourself. If your not going to win and are butthurt well that sucks but you can't do nothing. This happens every year. At least Neomasterpie had the balls (and quite big balls they are) to AAA every song in the division rather than to borderline elimination every round.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #464
The_Toymaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 AM   #465
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
If you want my honest opinion if I were the folks offering the legitimate prizes (nobody gives a shit about credits being sandbagged away from others), I wouldn't even be giving people in circumstances like this the prize they "won".

And before you rant on about how it's not his fault, it does not ****ing matter whose fault it is, he should not have been that low. The rest of the division has to deal with him being there. It's not right. In my opinion, it's not right that he wins prizes from this either. I'm pretty sure with those scores he could have easily taken first in D3 even. If that were the case, prizes, feel free. This situation is just dumb though. Almost Oni, a score on Reality that rivals mine.... That's miles out of D1's league. Next year, feel free to dump me in D2 so I can get some prizes, I'll be sure not to say anything about it.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 AM   #466
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

edit: Justin, you're saying that he should be the one punished for his placement. If anything, the people that placed him there should be due to their own stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #467
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Worry about no one but yourself.
This is what's wrong with society, including parts of the ffr community.

Goodnight everyone.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #468
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
This is what's wrong with society, including parts of the ffr community.

Goodnight everyone.
Its a lifestyle. It doesn't make it wrong. it just makes you intolerant
Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #469
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

ruined
Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #470
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
edit: Justin, you're saying that he should be the one punished for his placement.
No, I'm saying he should have said something. At this point, it's his fault just as much. But basically like the last page and a half of posts has discussed, honesty is nothing worthwhile to people anyway.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #471
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
If I was placed in D1 or D2 I would have requested a bump because it wouldn't be fair to the others in the tournament for me to just easily walk into the prizes and victory. People blaming human nature for being selfish is just a cop out in general. We are in control of our actions.
I am talking about human nature as a whole, not it's outliers. You really didn't have to say you would have requested a bump, I already figured this considering you are debating about the honesty of others in the community. Also yes we do have control over our actions, but that doesn't mean people stop doing things the easy way for their own personal gain.

I also don't see the honesty issue here either. Neo AAA'd every song so far in the tournament, and is certainly not hiding his FFR skills from anyone. He may have not requested a bump, but he certainly wasn't trying to avoid being bumped. He shouldn't have had to anyway, his far superior stats should have been a huge signal to the tournament managers to alter his division. Maybe he figured if they want to keep him in D1, then why should he stop them?

Also justin_ator for D2! I'll take D3 if it's open lol.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #472
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I honestly doubt he knew where he was going to be placed. Us StepMania people don't play FFR all that much and don't really know the levels/difficulties. If he was to be in a higher division, it's really not his problem.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 AM   #473
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

He's gonna win it for us at KBO anyway. Word up KBO represent
Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #474
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Note to staff: Whoever did placements for this tournament should never do placements for another official tournament. Ever. Again.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #475
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

In the scale of the whole tournament, one massive misplacement isn't that far-fetched of an concept out of this many people. Managing all of those people and doing checks throughout each week in my own time and checking ips/replays/levelranks/chat logs is no easy task. I invite anyone who wants to play a part in placements to speak up and contact me when the next tournament is advertised.

On another note, the forum isn't the place to complain and bitch about placements. You can technically be removed from the tournament for doing so (if you read the tourney OP). If you have an issue, PM me about it. I have responded to countless nmp PMs this week alone, so it isn't like it is such an impossible task.

The problem at this end of the tournament is that whether he is bumped/not bumped/removed a few people (or more) will be adversely affected and will nopt be happy. There is no win-win in this scenario and at this point all I can say is that any account I could connect with nmp pre-tourn had no or worse stats than he possesses. In the event that he is harbouring another FFR account that has better stats, somebody step forward and pass it onto me. From what I can tell he is an sm player, steps somewhat and managed to sit idle in a lower division until it was too late when he was found out.

Until the time in which users can compose themselves in a manner that doesn't involve 100% bitch posts about how shit wasn't done properly and how they obviously have far superior knowledge and organisational skills, this thread will stay locked for the moment. Just know that investigations on players are still taking place and that I am doing everything in my power to ensure that the tournament continues to run smoothly.
Closed Thread