Old 05-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #1
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: VA
Age: 34
Posts: 4,379
Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default Extremely bad odds

did you know that out of the 3790 members... only 728.... have actually posted.... and of that 728 about 250 of them have only posted once...


another thing.... if you arrange the member list in oder of posts, decending..... you'll see that not even a whole page is dedicated to those who have 100+ posts....

p.s- im third in vote count.... qreepy's first and freek's third
__________________


RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:16 PM   #2
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author
 
Freak83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,281
Default

It also says in the memberlist at the top of the forum that they're only about 4000 registerd members, but if you click on the one at the side of the screen there's about 70 000. I PM'd Nestlekwik to find out what this was all about, and it turns out that the one at the top is only members who registered to use the forums.... am I missing something here?????????????
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Synthlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: United States of America
Age: 45
Posts: 3,044
Default

Freak,

There are 2 seperate numbers because the system runs off of 2 seperate databases. One database for the main site and one for the forum. There are about 70,000 registered members for the game/site and when those people enter the forum, it automatically adds them to the forum database. Which really shows you that we need more people in the forum!

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #4
SotN
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,159
Send a message via AIM to SotN
Default

Wha? Are you telling me that more than 95% of the people who play FFR haven't even touched the forums?

Synth, that be fucked, yo.

P.S. Didn't the f-word used to be censored? Or am I thinking of another forum?
__________________
209
SotN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #5
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player
 
BluE_MeaniE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 796
Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE
Default

well, the forum is really intimidating

there are a lot of posts, and i have to wade through a lot to get to one where i have something to say.

If more, came that problem would increase.

But that's just me, people should join, but there's nothing to do.
all over the site, there hve been things asking people to join the forums.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Poincaré
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful.
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:26 AM   #6
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: VA
Age: 34
Posts: 4,379
Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default

i think the problem is that people like DDR to much and if its not exactly like it then its no good... but their failing to realize that their not supposed to be similar...and plus i think more people will sign up and support the community when R#2 comes out....
__________________


RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:09 AM   #7
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author
 
Freak83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,281
Default

Thanks for clearing that up Synth, now I get it. Wow... kinda sad really. Well the point of the site is the game I guess, so FFR get's a lot of people still... I think...
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #8
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: VA
Age: 34
Posts: 4,379
Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default

oh yea no doubt... their are tons of people who play the game but none of them try and post on the forum...
__________________


RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:00 PM   #9
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player
 
QreepyBORIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: It is a mystery.
Age: 29
Posts: 7,454
Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS
Default

Well, I think Fuck is still censored, but it cannot tell if you say Fucking or Fucker or Fucked that they actually contain the F-word (FUCK!)
__________________

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 09:29 AM   #10
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
nestlekwik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nestlekwikland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 2,317
Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik
Default

The filter needs a *fuck* censor. Right now I think it is just set as f-u-c-k. By adding the asteriks, any word that contains the four letters would be censored.

But, yeah, it is kind of sad 95% haven't touched the forums, but I'm also guessing at least 50% (and I'm guessing it would be much higher) of those members wouldn't even positively contribute to the forums if they would post here.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #11
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: VA
Age: 34
Posts: 4,379
Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default

well you cant really do that....
Quote:
any word that contains the four letters would be censored
cause i gurantee their a word that you use those four letters in to make.... i think evertime someone uses a new method of posting a cuse word you should just add it to the list of ways... and after time you'll have most of them covered....
__________________


RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 02:27 PM   #12
SotN
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,159
Send a message via AIM to SotN
Default

As long as you don't add Fucktard. I like that word.
__________________
209
SotN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 09:31 PM   #13
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
nestlekwik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nestlekwikland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 2,317
Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik
Default

Asshat also stays.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #14
Josemba
.
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Josemba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 187
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestlekwik View Post
Asshat also stays.
true
Josemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #15
Moria
married to ponies
FFR Veteran
 
Moria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 435
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestlekwik View Post
Asshat also stays.
I'm still here... proof asshats never die 8)

Last edited by Moria; 09-13-2019 at 09:35 AM..
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #16
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Dynam0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Bay, ON
Age: 30
Posts: 8,669
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

nice necrobump
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #17
Swedcxzaq
FFR Player
 
Swedcxzaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 18
Posts: 39
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

well, tbh I've been a member for four years or so and have only touched the forums since the 12th OT started.

(To be fair though, that is partially because I'd been playing SMO and EO rather than FFR for most of that time)
Swedcxzaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #18
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
qrrbrbirbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: La Mesa, California
Age: 30
Posts: 334
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

i almost had a heart attack seeing synth post and then realized the thread age
__________________


Best AAAs:
CHOPRITE!!!! Cloud Nine, Reminders, Captain Murasas Ass Anchor, Ascii Art Core

Best Non AAAs:
Flounder (4-0-0-0) Full Mast (1-0-0-0)
Rottel-da-Station (1-0-0-0) Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival (11-0-0-0)



Mason - I play brutal and just hit random buttons
Goldstinger - Eat suck thankings lol
Squid Bits - booty isnt my only poor decision
Goldsting - no i'm not stepping rain / bro i'm not that trash
qrrbrbirbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:58 PM   #19
EppuJoloZ
FFR Player
 
EppuJoloZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Finland
Age: 16
Posts: 97
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

casually bringing threads older than me into life again
__________________
Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
finland doesnt exist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I take your Dance Praise and raise it a Guitar Praise
EppuJoloZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:00 AM   #20
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 28
Posts: 10,009
Default Re: Extremely bad odds

"Extremely bad odds" feels strangely like a 2019 thread title
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution