Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-6-2019, 10:49 PM   #161
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,318
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

go back to twg where u belong
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 10:51 PM   #162
Sanjixcon
FFR Veteran
 
Sanjixcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 29
Posts: 453
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

so in canada how do they decide what the proper punishment is for when someone uses hate speech? is there a list or particular words/phrases that scale in order of "this is only worth a cash fine" to "this is worth jail time"?
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:23 PM   #163
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,938
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

tbh im glad for this thread cause it made me realize how much i miss arguing in any sort of intellectual capacity

i dont do that anymore o.o
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:25 PM   #164
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 825
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
go back to twg where u belong
if you read like even 5 posts back you'd see that I think hate speech should be banned

nani the fuck are you even doing
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:34 PM   #165
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,074
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
so in canada how do they decide what the proper punishment is for when someone uses hate speech? is there a list or particular words/phrases that scale in order of "this is only worth a cash fine" to "this is worth jail time"?
There are several Supreme Court rulings on a more precise definition of which kinds of hate speech are which and some are worse than others, but like just about every other crime in just about every country, judge discretion in sentencing is a thing.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:43 PM   #166
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 19
Posts: 634
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

dingles telling the biggest thonker of this age of ffr to gtfo of a serious thread and go back to twg is pretty great.

go back to harassing sm players, it was easier to strawman you that way.

gonna have to side with funnygurl on the "bad precedent" thing. law is crazy, precedent is king.

granted, if you just wrote hate speech into the letter of the law it could probably work, but I dunno if you spent more than 2 seconds watching legislative proceedings but just imagine hate speech legislation getting through that'd be a miracle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。

Last edited by Soundwave-; 08-6-2019 at 11:47 PM..
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:47 PM   #167
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,318
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
dingles telling the biggest thonker of this age of ffr to gtfo of a serious thread and go back to twg is pretty great.

go back to harassing sm players, it was easier to strawman you that way.

gonna have to side with funnygurl on the "bad precedent" thing. law is crazy, precedent is king.

granted, if you just wrote hate speech into the letter of the law it could probably work, but I dunno if you spent more than 2 seconds watching legislative proceedings but just imagine hate speech legislation getting through that'd be a miracle.
lol serious thread

debating the same thing 800 times is very enjoyable its one of my favorite hobbies

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 08-6-2019 at 11:48 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:49 PM   #168
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 19
Posts: 634
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
lol serious thread
yeah I know nothing is serious to you.

trying to drill something into your head 800 times is my favorite hobby; nice edit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:51 PM   #169
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,318
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

i dont think a single thing in this thread would be anything that hasnt been said before regarding this debate but maybe it will be who knows
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:52 PM   #170
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 19
Posts: 634
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

believe it or not these debates don't happen to break new ground.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:54 PM   #171
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,318
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

arguing with people for absolutely no end goal or solution, with no potential to change someones view (and even if you do, it won't matter) is my favorite hobby
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:56 PM   #172
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 825
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
arguing with people for absolutely no end goal or solution, with no potential to change someones view (and even if you do, it won't matter) is my favorite hobby
my favorite hobby is inserting myself into conversations that are not about myself and then making them about myself
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2019, 11:58 PM   #173
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 19
Posts: 634
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
potential to change someones view (and even if you do, it won't matter) is my favorite hobby
ye of little faith, begone, THOT
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 12:08 AM   #174
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,938
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
believe it or not these debates don't happen to break new ground.
a wise fellow from this community once told me that these arguments are still useful because it has the potential to change how someone thinks

even if these words were uttered before, there's still something to gain from engaging. i mean, i learned stuff
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 12:27 AM   #175
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 19
Posts: 634
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

I learn quick.

Maybe. I'll relapse into stupidity in a week.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 01:47 AM   #176
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran
 
Kekeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 2,765
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Whenever I see the discourse surrounding mass shootings in the US move toward arguments over firearms, I'm reminded of Slavoj Zizek paraphrasing Jacques Lacan. In my view, the political preoccupation with gun laws (for all parties involved) is as pathological as the mass shootings.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 02:42 AM   #177
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 387
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Linking a video and not a text document is... eh
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 03:17 AM   #178
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,318
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Linking a video and not a text document is... eh
yea its barely even english either, oof
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 07:34 AM   #179
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,647
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
if you read like even 5 posts back you'd see that I think hate speech should be banned

nani the fuck are you even doing
As much as actual hate speech is fucking shitty

The things that follow aren't worth it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
im honestly more concerned about the lack of light i get because of all the shade i'm throwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
"oh no how bad does t-force loo-"

"oh it's just his face"
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2019, 07:37 AM   #180
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 28
Posts: 1,491
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
like i aint racist but at the same time im not surprised someone named kebab linked an absolutely contextless video of a professor in broken english thats barely understandable, and then goes on to provide absolutely no explanation behind posting the video or its meaning
You really don't need to bring their username into it at all, you can discuss their post. you say you aren't racist but why even post this?
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution