Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #181
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

im not versed in staff issues, but if y'all are suffering from lack of manpower and need assistance, im down to help. im very free due to irl circumstances, and i can pick things up pretty quickly

just wanted to put that out there. really wanna see this tourney happen at some point
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:29 AM   #182
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,038
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
im not versed in staff issues, but if y'all are suffering from lack of manpower and need assistance, im down to help. im very free due to irl circumstances, and i can pick things up pretty quickly

just wanted to put that out there. really wanna see this tourney happen at some point
Not sure if open lines are available to assist with the tournament batch at this point. But if you truly want to, I suggest Direct Messaging either Halogen, or Psychoangel on discord. Dossar has suggested me to do the same if I wanted to open an avenue for that, but I opted to put my work with Dossar on his Special Batch because I realistically believe those songs can and will reach release before the tournament batches do. That, and I don't think they would want a first-time judge with little to no experience looking at tournament stuff. My 2 cents.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014




Last edited by gold stinger; 07-27-2019 at 12:38 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #183
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,855
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

I suggest we move on from this tournament, accept files in conditional queue that received edits and updates, and release the queue as songs of the week.

This tournament is not happening, despite anything Halogen and psychoangel will tell you. If anyone in the staff has access to the submission and resubmission email accounts used for this batch, they should give access to someone else.
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #184
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
I suggest we move on from this tournament, accept files in conditional queue that received edits and updates, and release the queue as songs of the week.

This tournament is not happening, despite anything Halogen and psychoangel will tell you. If anyone in the staff has access to the submission and resubmission email accounts used for this batch, they should give access to someone else.
So let's release the files so we have even less for doing a tournament in the future, yep makes total sense. It's already ridiculously hard enough getting enough proper content.

My apologies for ending up with a pulmonary embolism that could have meant death for me amongst a myriad of other issues which I communicated in staff chat when I told Devonin to go ahead and do a summer official with in game content while we try to use this for a future fall/winter one but alright then.

I suggest you not butt into things you don't have the information on, this was rude and totally uncalled for.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #185
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
The lack of respect for the stepartists, anyone that put forth an effort to make a contribution towards getting the official moving, and the community as a whole is just embarrassing.

Allow me to be more transparent than I was in my last post: if you have no intention to fulfill your staff duties, which has been more than thoroughly demonstrated over the past year, resign.

Dossar or any staff member with access to FMAP, I strongly advise releasing charts that have been queued several years for a tournament that is most certainly not happening anytime soon. Reinstating SotW would give the community new content on a regular basis, and some simfilers may potentially reconsider their stance on the site at large, which I'm sure most have branded as some sort of joke. There are more benefits to starting this than continuing to wait and see if something is going to happen on this front. Nothing will.

It's completely unfair to call it a lack of respect to the step artists, you know damn well it's hard to get up the files for this stuff. We also have people who intentionally ABUSE the tournament batch because they know regular batch takes a while. It's amazing how many people want to put us on blast here yet how many of you have sent either of us a message? I've not gotten a single one.

Anyway, if you want to place the blame put it all on me, AJ told Max he wanted to leave a while ago, I convinced him to stay to help me with the file side of this stuff because frankly there's no one else that will sit and literally spend hours on end to do this stuff anymore.

I've also asked for things that have gone completely ignored. Like another T-shirt design so I could try to raise funds to have SOMETHING other than tokens and credits to give out to people since a huge chunk of our community has them already. I got nothing. I can't pay for anything out of pocket like I have in the past, we just don't have it.

But here ya go http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ent/signup.php link for signups and a date. I'll make the thread in a bit. I'll fly by the seat of my pants on this again because nobody actually knows the situations and want to throw shade instead. I'll do my best to pull it all together, but don't expect 100% new content because there wasn't enough submitted to do so.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #186
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

give the rusty kids a chance to bounce back T______T
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #187
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran
 
MarcusHawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 19
Posts: 907
Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Although I'm glad to see the Official Tournament open, even if not all of the files are new content, I'm disappointed that it starts this late in the summer.

By the midpoint of the tournament, classes will already begin for college, and I won't have time to improve my skills or my scores for the tournament. That being said I'd much prefer to wait until next summer at an earlier time of the year.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #188
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,589
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

i was gonna make a pretty large post at the whole stepartists thing but i'm instead just gonna condense it: i'm sorry. when i mentally had it in me to do things, i gave it everything - even when i absolutely didn't want to. the fact that i'd be deliberately disrespectful to stepartists... that, above the other hurtful shit here, is ridiculous
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #189
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins View Post
Although I'm glad to see the Official Tournament open, even if not all of the files are new content, I'm disappointed that it starts this late in the summer.

By the midpoint of the tournament, classes will already begin for college, and I won't have time to improve my skills or my scores for the tournament. That being said I'd much prefer to wait until next summer at an earlier time of the year.
We've done official tournaments in the winter. They will never be able to align 100% to people's schedules. I have college classes all year round. This is why there's a FULL WEEK to play. Most tournaments aren't like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
give the rusty kids a chance to bounce back T______T
Got two weeks

Last edited by psychoangel691; 07-27-2019 at 12:29 PM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #190
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran
 
MarcusHawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 19
Posts: 907
Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
We've done official tournaments in the winter. They will never be able to align 100% to people's schedules. I have college classes all year round. This is why there's a FULL WEEK to play. Most tournaments aren't like that.
Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.

I can absolutely make time in the weekends for FFR, I just thought that it would align to more schedules at an earlier time of the year.

I commend all of your hard work and efforts contributing to FFR amidst all of your health issues and moving events. You guys are some pretty strong individuals!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #191
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post

Got two weeks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #192
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins View Post
Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.

I can absolutely make time in the weekends for FFR, I just thought that it would align to more schedules at an earlier time of the year.

I commend all of your hard work and efforts contributing to FFR amidst all of your health issues and moving events. You guys are some pretty strong individuals!
The unfortunate thing is at one time yes, early summer was generally where it would lie. But earlier tournaments also did not aim for new content. After Dragon's Fury custom tournaments during the downtime, people really enjoyed having all new things and then it became expected. So now we try to maintain that standard and oftentimes due to the decline in activity in the site, getting up all that content is extremely difficult and causes delays. Then we have situations like we have here where people are pissed off when they don't know the full reality of what's gone on.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #193
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

How about asking for help? There is no shame in doing that.

There are plenty of people here who are willing to help who will get this done quicker if you just ask. Am I in the dark here and has this been done already? Because if that is the case then the community has no right in complaining.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
White People™
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #194
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
How about asking for help? There is no shame in doing that.

There are plenty of people here who are willing to help who will get this done quicker if you just ask. Am I in the dark here and has this been done already? Because if that is the case then the community has no right in complaining.
See like, people say they're willing then disappear. I'm not going to go on a tirade of this, it's not worth it and I'm too old for the petty he said she said they did, etc stuff anymore. Plus putting people on blast isn't helpful. I've asked for things and nothing has come of those things I'll leave it at that.

I will do what I can and use whatever resources. I'm getting everything from Aj now file wise and I'll piece it together. I could use people who want to help comb through people for placements so I can spend more time on the file logistics part of this since I don't have it mapped prior like I normally would. Especially with people over from OSU and such that I'm not familiar with.

If someone still wants to make a T-shirt design I could put that up and add prizes as we go. That would be helpful too.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 01:41 PM   #195
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Ya got a Hollywood filmmaker/animator here sooooooo hmu if ya want hq stuff
i'd even do it for free im in my summer period. let's talk.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
White People™
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #196
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

(had to fix cause I'm half out of it thinking I was in easy batch)

You know, I have to make another comment here. When I came in I forgot it's only been 3 months since we put the easy batch up. When this batch started AJ single-handedly went through everything and got it done promptly, was keeping up with fixes, conditionals, etc and here people are bashing.

I remember when this started and we went through things and hit that wall again of "oh gosh all this stuff is like the same level as always" or "people aren't listening and following the guidelines, this is throwing everything off" I watched as people told others to bypass the normal batch to toss things that would be completely irrelevant into this batch so it would be "judged faster" These are all things that slow US down and make it harder to bring you a high-quality tournament in a timely manner.

What we do here takes a lot of time, over the last what? 8 years since I became officially staff here plus all the stuff we'd done on Dragon's fury before that. He and I have spent countless sleepless nights, put off other things to get things done here, so many unpaid man-hours. All because we had so much love for this game and community surrounding it. He may get mad at me for saying, but hearing how incredibly defeated and upset AJ sounded after reading the things here really broke my heart. The community he poured his heart and soul into just ripped him apart like nothing ever done meant a thing.

Hate us or love us, but at the very least show a little more respect. From now on if there's an issue or you're unclear on the goings-on PM one of us (well I guess me now because this was the final nail for AJ), reach out on Discord or even ASK here before popping off making assumptions, please.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #197
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,070
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
I could use people who want to help comb through people for placements
I can definitely go through and sort everybody just into the division their skill rating says they are in, so all you'd need to do after is look through each one for stats that look like they might want a deeper look. Especially for higher divisions, I don't know enough about what makes somebody whose skill rating is D4 or D5 actually belong in D5 or D6
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:15 PM   #198
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
Coolboyrulez0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Posts: 9,751
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Gonna stay out the unnecessary drama aspect but glad we got things moving. If low files are still needed I dont mind sacrificing some of my time to make some.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #199
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,855
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

You are so predictable psychoangel, lol. Great! Things are moving again.
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #200
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Gonna stay out the unnecessary drama aspect but glad we got things moving. If low files are still needed I dont mind sacrificing some of my time to make some.
It's not moving because of the drama, it's moving because I'd asked over a week ago for something that didn't happen so I said screw it, I'm going to work with what I've got and just do what I gotta do. I really do not want people getting into the mindset of "if we act like jerks they'll do something" cause frankly it really just makes us not want to, lol
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution