http://web.archive.org/web/201502211...com/embtrb.htm

read this this is important
Old 05-2-2019, 10:52 PM   #282
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I'm accusing you of trying to start a wagon out of Yosh's and my interactions.

Uh no.
No it isn't.
I actually did say that what Yosh was posting was better then Haku's in terms of content. I just find what Haku said to be actually useful.
I am saying that Yosh's post isn't that great either and tells me nothing.
I will now add that both you and Yosh are thinking too highly of it.

You are aware that you have used this twice on me as wolf to justify why you where not willing to engage with me in anything closely resembling a heated debate since you've changed accounts, no?

You're stretching the word "earnestly" there and ignoring my points regarding Haku and his likeliness of making certain post triumphs the post's content.

Then expect it, but you already have the answer. You literally just explained it yourself.

If you disagree I would imagine you would explain why but I am starting to feel this push on me isn't in good faith anyway so I am not surprised

I just like that he's actively poking stuff that's happening, not really because it's about Yosh and Haku although that helps. This obviously doesn't clear him but the more content people make early the easier it is to cross reference them later on. On a related note, look forward to when I advocate outright lynching anyone with sub 5 posts on here come EoD; I can't stand inactives

If you are upset that I didn't elaborate then that's fair but I was legit on my way out the door and just decided to not write more. It's more the act that he is doing it anyway.

This is fair.

Yes, I was expecting him to push back much more forcefully.
That one
Old 05-2-2019, 10:57 PM   #283
star-crossed
FFR Player

Also I have been at work for the past 6 hours, so no I have not gotten to respond to anything in the amount of detail that I will later, but I did not want to miss the opportunity to ask questions while you may be online so I am not addressing the wrong premise.
Old 05-2-2019, 11:02 PM   #284
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
clarifying to de-escalate poe's law it was a joke, shitpost hours are up tbh

http://web.archive.org/web/201502211...com/embtrb.htm

read this this is important
holy shit
Old 05-3-2019, 12:18 AM   #285
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'd expect MML to read the op

I wouldn't expect me to read the op
Old 05-3-2019, 12:18 AM   #286
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I didn't read the op
Old 05-3-2019, 12:19 AM   #287
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

After reading mml's post I can safely say that haku is lock town
Old 05-3-2019, 12:20 AM   #288
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
That one
That particular "it" refers to Yosh's initial post regarding Haku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Also I have been at work for the past 6 hours, so no I have not gotten to respond to anything in the amount of detail that I will later, but I did not want to miss the opportunity to ask questions while you may be online so I am not addressing the wrong premise.
As long as you do get back go it, it's all cool

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-3-2019, 12:26 AM   #289
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
After reading mml's post I can safely say that haku is lock town
AM eye bEInG p0cķetTed?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-3-2019, 12:27 AM   #290
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hey, I'm back.

Time to be uncertain about which posts I'm supposed to answer.
Old 05-3-2019, 02:00 AM   #291
flashflash account
FFR Player

All of them

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-3-2019, 02:07 AM   #292
star-crossed
FFR Player

I have decided I am going to go back through from the beginning, because why not.

Page 1 and 2 are a lot of nothing. I do like raeko's and xel's posting less than usual actually, but I do feel like poetrygate is a confounding factor there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
gradiant
This was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I like inDheart this game so far and im having "previous game bias" on Shado/FFA atm.
Ironically this is also true of the initial rand.

Quote:
not too much else to it though. ffa and i had shades of a serious conversation that no one else really cared about and i don't know if it's just because no one's dug in yet
I was kind of glossing over it and taking it as a joke since he did not vote you, though I also did not notice he wrote more than one poem/message about you being sus, for some reason. The more serious conversation to me felt like it was regarding ffa's brain state.

Quote:
[snip]
Ask the wolves, do it
Scare them with occam's razor
They will talk to you.
I still hate that I like this.

Quote:
I'll give a pass to FFA/Shado/star-crossed/inDheart/XelNya just because they posted 8 or more times.

Clearly, this is how this game works.
Having slept on it, this message gives me deja vu specifically to when Haku was Celestia Ludenberg (town).Who I was robbed of stopping the killing of, and I am not over it. I am kind of curious what the post counting method and how the cutoff point was chosen, but this is probably not important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
right now im getting the vibe of a young teen trying to say things for the sake of hoping that people respomd to them for attention. another of the long posts was also super flimsy, as it was some really unprompted introspection of a past game and needing to reset or something, despite the fact that this game hasnt seen any real meat in analysis or action.

i literally just wokr up as well so im prolly going to sit on actual further analysis on this, because of waking up, and the fact that its haku, but imo its at least a thing that i wanted to put out here tbh

--------

did a little more rereading and haku is having some intense focus on the last game, like it seems to be way overstated in his posts. currently leaning towards it being fake remorse ish, potentially to mask wolfiness tbh
I keep going back and forth on this message. The "potentially to mask wolfiness tbh" kind of feels like a filler buzzword.

Quote:
Also Haku is town because he would express all that to a wolf partner if he had one

Yosh throwing sus on Haku and not being super committal it on is more padding then what Yosh is accusing Haku of doing.
My issue and impression of this post is that there's a flippant tone and use of rhetoric that made me question if the way Lar reached the read was genuine. (I do think Lar genuinely thinks we should think Haku is town, and I also am leaning Haku as town). A big issue for me was that I was taking "express all that" too literally, I will dive into Lar's more detailed explanation of that when I get there. This really has very little to do with how Dai and Lar were discussing things from my viewpoint though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
lots of new people in this game what do you guys think of me

i have slight town read on star-crossed but i think star always sounds town just by nature

departure yeah yeah (idk how to haiku)
It is actually weird to me that this message itself did not get more attention (I think I have seen a couple of people quote my reaction to it). It is a bit bizarre, and even asks most people a question that I do not think anybody answered. I also did not see a response to my questioning the second part, and my issue with saying "always sounds town just by nature" is...sweeping, and also undermining an already very slight point being made. And coming from someone who has voiced in the jTWG that town leans are basically an absence of suspicion, I am not sure this lean quite fits that mind frame.
Old 05-3-2019, 02:16 AM   #293
Hakulyte
the Haku

You guys are probably going to hate me for talking -again- about the previous game, but this is bugging me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
wat?? how are you expecting to be in the same situation as last game...? I know you already expanded but I just don't get it at all how it's going to be the same situation this game

also I know a guy named Li Chen I bet he didn't draw that comic though
Quick context about previous game:

- Raeko was Julian(Town Roleblocker) and I was Ricky(Doctor role).
- DBP was the Innocent Child who had to be triggered a certain way which included getting protected by someone.
- On the first night, DBP asked me to protect him without knowing I was a protective role.
- I protected him.
- The next phase, DBP -because he was outed as the IC- made everyone mass claim to him 1 on 1 and took notes that he would later on give to players as he was expecting to get NK'd which he did. (can't protect 2 nights in a row)
- The next phase, me and Raeko received the same notes from DBP.

These are the notes:

1. DaBackpack ---- Trinity, Innocent Child.
2. thesunfan ---- Barbara, targets 3 ppl in the night, learns the name of ONE OF THEM. Fails if roleblocked or if he targets Jim (doesn't learn anything).
3. flashflashaccount ---- Cyrus, strongman, activates after Ray dies. So supposedly he's a strongman currently. (The term "strongman" is never used, it just says "guaranteed kill").
4. mellonxcollie ---- Julian, roleblocker. Upgrades when "Smokes, now" is triggered. Upgrade lets him see what kind of power he roleblocked.
5. MixMasterLar ---- Randy, VT.
6. Hakulyte ---- Ricky, doctor, can upgrade to super doctor when "Smokes, now" is triggered. Upgrade lets him save himself. Cannot target same person twice in a row.
7. Pozzai ---- Trevor. "One-shot jailkeeper, renamed to forced commuter for flavour reasons." (Maybe not a jailkeeper, but turns somebody else into a commuter?)
8. Funnygurl555 ---- Bottle kids, third party. Gets a roleblock every night. Wins if they successfully roleblock a nightkill, an investigation action, and a visiting action. She also learns if she successfully roleblocked a kill or whatever.
9. Wineandbread ---- J-Roc, sends random disc to player. Most likely a fruit vendor character. Almost certainly a miller.
10. Xelicopter ---- Corey, takes a bullet for Julian or Ricky one time. I think he said he was blue.
11. Duk3star ---- Steve Rodgers AKA JIM LAHEY, DEAD AF
12. Charu ---- Phil Collins, hider. Leaves a burp behind whenever he hides behind someone (via PM). Most likely dies if he targets a wolf.
13. gold stinger - Bubbles: eliminated during Night 1. Cop.
14. _Zenith_ - Ray: exiled from town on Day 0. Visitor.
15. ShadoWolfe ---- Sam Losco, 2-shot doctor (flavor "surgeon"). If he uses both shots, then his vote doesn't count for a phase.

N1 ACTIONS:

Haku saved me.
Sunfan used power on charu, shado and wabby, -> learned that "somebody is Phil Collins." Later learned that it's Charu.
Raeko roleblocked FG (near confirmed)
Charu burped behind sunfan (confirmed)
FG roleblocked FFA (unknown)
Wabby disc'd Pozzai (confirmed)

GAME THOUGHTS

Sunfan isn't a wolf most likely <- Charu hid behind sunfan and didn't die.
Charu isn't a wolf most likely <- Duke targeted sunfan, which would be really weird if wolf-Charu also targeted him? i.e. doublestack is stupid
Haku/Raeko are town. Both of them independently mentioned the "Smokes now" rule in precise terms. Both claimed blue. Haku is suspicious of me and Raeko lmao.
MML is town-lean. His reaction to Duke's ridiculous fakeclaim is pure as hell, calling it stupid and this was suddenly a "legendary" and "best ever" game because of it.
FG ---- I believe her claim. She told me that it was too hard to fake TPB theming and just came clean. I told her we could try to work together.
Xelnya is almost certainly town. His power makes zero sense for a wolf to have (dying in place of a town doctor or town roleblocker, lmao). Also independently reported to me that Haku had claimed doctor to him. Wolf Xel has little reason to alert me that he knows who the fucking doctor is. However I have no idea why he, too, is blue. Doesn't really make sense to me.

I think FFA is slightly wolfy. Can't really place it behaviorally. His role is super weird and, well, Cyrus is a villain.
I think ShadoWolfe is slightly wolfy. Very subtly tried to gaslight me on Duke, but eventually gave up. Asked me "if Jim Lahey is a wolf, do we just kill all villains?" -> I said "yes" -> he was fine with it. That is, until I told him that Sam Losco is also a villain, to which he started panicking a little bit. He researched the show in order to learn more about his character but didn't really realize that he was a bad guy. Also, town having THREE protective roles is totally absurd. One of Pozzai and Shadow is probably lying.
Wabby's "miller" constraint is really weird, but his confusion about what the fuck his power does makes sense if he's a fruit vendor. Sunfan thinks Wabby has high "lost wolf" equity. Something to consider for later. Possible wolf.

NIGHT INSTRUCTIONS

Pozzai targets me.
Shadow targets me.
Charu hides behind... a wolf. Shadowolfe. Him dying confirms a wolf essentially. If Charu doesn't die, he was either roleblocked or Shadow is human (most likely the latter).
Wabby does whatever.
Funnygurl roleblock Shadowolfe. I wanted her to do FFA to learn if he actually used his strongman power tonight but she cna't target the same person twice in a row.
Raeko roleblock MML (lol).
Haku use doctor on himself if he can. Otherwise, use it on Xelnya.
FFA should be doing NOTHING.
Sunfan targets Pozzai, ShadoWolfe, and anybody else. (He decided Wabby as third pick.)

FOR FUTURE

Kill the TPB villains lol. Cyrus, Shadowolfe, MML in that order. Otherwise Wabby.

I somehow ignored the high % likely winning move only to focus on why the setup was the way it was and I ended up throwing away the entire game over semantics while having everything needed to win the entire thing on Day 2.

I didn't just lose a game. I loss what should have been a one sided win because of how much information there was on the table and how it already pointed out to the entire wolf team.
(wolves were all named as antagonists of the show and town main 3 power roles as protagonists)

--
Anyway, back on topic.

Raeko knew all of the above already because she had the same notes as me.
She just spent a game watching me fail over and over to get town together just to do a follow up logical vote that pretty much autowin.
It's going to be the same this game because this is a consistent pattern with me.
The problem is that I'm going to be artificially kept alive and you guys are going to get a headache over how I play.

So, @Raeko

Why did you ask me this considering you just played a game with me ?

I'm confused by the intentions behind the question because -specificially you- should have known fairly well where my mindset was at after that game.
Old 05-3-2019, 02:27 AM   #294
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Also @Star

We should aspire to be the shepherds of Town and guide the flock to victory, not the sheep that makes horrible votes because someone he sees as a good player got upset at someone else
he = me?
good player = daiyki?
someone else = you?

I am guessing where you got this concept/narrative from was my use of the word flippant, but uh, it has almost nothing to do with my actual thoughts. I did not think anybody was upset. The shepherd comparison is strange to me because it implies you think I have leadership potential, when I do not really recall a time you've ever respected any ideas I have brought forth in a game. Still a WTH post, but I think the above explains away some of the stress I was reading into this reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
We'll see later on I suppose, it depends on if that style of play continues and interactions with that later as well. Your reaction was insightful though.
I like this, because I perceive Gradiant's wolf play as being very focused on winning arguments/lawyer-y, and this feels like the opposite.

Quote:
FFA acting like he doesn't know what he's doing is a skit I'm extremely interested in seeing develop, I guess.
"I'm extremely interested" "I guess"
...is it? Do you have a lean there yet or not? Haha

Quote:
I was about to yell at you, not for the vote but for the dash! but now you are forgiven

my thoughts so far would be I agree with you about star. I think she is playing towny so far and wouldn't vote for her today. When I think back to the game where she was a wolf I feel like it became obvious so I think that would probably happen again at some point if she is wolfing

I wish Haku were around to explain the worry of being in the same position as last game, given how it was really different :/ I just thought the way that was brought up was weird, but oh well

I don't really like how Roundbox has shown up but not really said anything meaningful. but obviously he's still at work so I don't want to hold that against him but just keeping note of it

I like YoshL because of his mindset, seems like he is thinking of town-y things. Obviously we picked up on the same weird thing about Haku but just in general I see what he is saying in his posts a lot and he seems towny

Also I think that you are very mean for voting for me

Sorry this post became long
The amount of people mentioned here I think is usually a good sign for her. The wording about the Haku part is throwing me a bit. I guess it is the last sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
There's so much to read already
Bring back pusheen please, and I might excuse your laziness.
Old 05-3-2019, 02:29 AM   #295
flashflash account
FFR Player

My heart broke reading that

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-3-2019, 02:41 AM   #296
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
All of them
MML covered how 2 play with "Haku meta".
YoshL covered the approach where you put yourself in the shoes of the other person as both alignment and portrayed what a wolf haku could look like from his perspective based on my posts.
Shado's play was more emotional and I'm not sure how to read into it.

This post feels like it moved the game away from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.
To put it in simple words; why did you defend me here instead of waiting for me to respond ?
Old 05-3-2019, 02:54 AM   #297
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Has anyone else ever seen star type in all caps before?
You have created a monster

Quote:
if she's a wolf, i put it at a very low chance that it's memes

unlikely w/w there
I kind of see what he meant by calling you aloof now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
@Raeko this was written to you
I do not think Raeko addressed this still (?)

Quote:
ok i went and read everything so I'm making big wall of text

it's just for the rhyme of the haiku

Nooooooo, maby

this reaction rubbed me the wrong way, i feel like Daikyi did the right thing pushing people on the scene and not voting them and i have yet to get wolf read from star-crossed. but shado coming in and negating the whole discussion felt off for me

thanks finally someone appreciates good artwork

i dont think even FFA can read himself i certainly can't
OK, here we go. Is there a reason you sound less confident reading the people you have played with before, rather than more confident because you have a frame of reference? (Regarding, ffa and I).

I am not sure what the Shado part has to do with me really. Do you have an impression of his other messages?

This sounds more like I am used to you talking about town leans though (compared to what I mentioned with your last message).

Quote:
----------------Suspicions list:
----very suspicious:
-[Empty]
----suspicious:
-ShadoWolfe
----slightly suspicious:
-mellonxcollie
-XelNya
-inDheart
----not suspicious:
-Daikyi
-MixMasterLar
-Gradiant
----neutral:
-Wayward Vagabond
-Hakulyte
-roundbox
----town read/confirmed:
-star-crossed
----sacrifice incase have to lynch someone:
-flashflash account

top to bottom --> most suspicious in that category to least suspicious in that category
I am surprised neutral is better than not suspicious. Considering in ToS, neutral is usually anti town while not suspicious is code for likely town basically. Haha

This is pretty symmetrical, do you think that is on purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

got it!

roundbox
Old 05-3-2019, 03:01 AM   #298
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:

star's pointedness and unwavering tone is giving me town vibes for her d0
Quote:
gradiant and shadowolfe

I'll take my townreads at the door
In spite of implying you are a wolf, you are making it hard to dislike you. Can we have a truce in which we kill the others first?

Quote:
I'M SORRY T_T

prove me wrong!!!
This is...not w/w raekobox?

Quote:
why so pushy?

I liked his way of thinking behind his Haku read. I thought what Haku said was weird, mostly because I couldn't connect how a game without OOTC could set Haku up a similar situation as last game. So when YoshL said this:

he basically said what I had been thinking and I feel like he was looking at things from the same angle as me.

It's also a bit of a tone read, but I haven't played with him for a while so I could be wrong on that
???///////????///

I actually probably like "why so pushy"
Old 05-3-2019, 03:03 AM   #299
flashflash account
FFR Player

FWIW I like to think I have a reasonable handle on my self meta but nobody knows my meta well enough to distinguish

Sunfan thinks (thought?) It has something to do with how worried I sound but that's pretty far off too
I imagine a distant future where ffr is able to meta read me but it hasn't happened in two years so

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-3-2019, 03:04 AM   #300
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
lots of new people in this game what do you guys think of me

i have slight town read on star-crossed but i think star always sounds town just by nature

departure yeah yeah (idk how to haiku)
Too early to tell. A bit confused about you asking others what they think of you with that level of content. It's unlikely to be alignment indicative.

Can you describe further what you mean by "star always sounds town just by nature" ?
Closed Thread