Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg
Default Re: jTWG LX (60): Spring Break: Fun in the Sun!

welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
As the majority, your goal is to organize and overcome the lack of knowledge you start out with to capture the wolves.

A Psychic: The Psychic is basically what you would expect to get when applying the word psychic to TWG. Each “night” the Psychic will receive a report from the host telling them how many wolves are left. Assuming that the wolves kill a human each night, this essentially tells the village whether their previous day’s lynch was that of a human or wolf; a very powerful tool for the village to have

A Bodyguard: The Bodyguard is a human who is capable of keeping people safe during the "night" phase. Each night the bodyguard has the ability to protect a villager of his choosing from being killed by the werewolves. The bodyguard is not invincible however, should the wolves try to kill the player he is guarding, the bodyguard will sacrifice his own life to save the villager. The player who is the Bodyguard will PM the host the name of the (living) player they would like to protect during the night phase. Once done, that player will be protected for the night.

A Vigilante: The vigilante is a human who has the power of killing one person of their choice at any point in the game. Once you die, the power is of course lost which raises the question "When is the best time to use my power?". During any night phase the vigilante can PM me to kill any player, who in the following day phase will be killed. THIS KILL REPLACES THE WOLF KILL WHEN SENT

9 Humans
Regular Humans are the heart and soul of a TWG game. They don't have any special powers but their own deductive reasoning skills, however they are the center of the game because they are the most populace group. The Wolves will need to whittle down the human group in an attempt to outnumber them and win dominance over the town.
yo littlebear start playing better because that shit ain't gonna fly. repeating the same factually wrong strategy a second time after the host has corrected you?

first off, your strategy is terrible if the seer-item holder gets a wolf they should reveal before the end of day phase but not reveal immediately. this way they can observe the way that wolf behaves and prod them with knowledge of their disposition. if they get a human they should reveal only in the case of saving that human. this is so basic that you don't even have to logically explain to someone why this is the way to go, it's intuitive on its face.

sup.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #23
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
yo littlebear start playing better because that shit ain't gonna fly. repeating the same factually wrong strategy a second time after the host has corrected you?

first off, your strategy is terrible if the seer-item holder gets a wolf they should reveal before the end of day phase but not reveal immediately. this way they can observe the way that wolf behaves and prod them with knowledge of their disposition. if they get a human they should reveal only in the case of saving that human. this is so basic that you don't even have to logically explain to someone why this is the way to go, it's intuitive on its face.

sup.
oh my.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
Little Bear
FFR Player

Wait, nevermind, I'm dumb.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
Little Bear
FFR Player

Oh, page 2. Yeh sorry, forgot.

No plans can be made here I suppose, yet.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

So I just spent about 10 minutes coming up with a near A-B-C dominating strategy.

And then I remembered I helped balance this game and made the seer a psychic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #27
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

ALL RIGHT I'm back from stuffing my face, now it's time to get suspicious.

Little Bear, looks like you're our primary suspect. To suggest that the seer reveals themself, but not even the name of the person they seer'd is incredibly fishy. There's really no reason for a seer to come out unless they've found a wolf, and there's no reason still for them to withhold the name of the person they seer'd, -especially- if they're a wolf.

Your suggestion's just terrible strategy bro, either as a human or a wolf.
If you're a wolf then this will be an incredibly easy lynch. If you're a human, you're still a boon to us if you think having the seer come out is a sound strategy.

Quote:
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #28
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Then manti has to go and ninja me saying there isn't even a seer

oops

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantilburg View Post
ALL RIGHT I'm back from stuffing my face, now it's time to get suspicious.

Little Bear, looks like you're our primary suspect. To suggest that the seer reveals themself, but not even the name of the person they seer'd is incredibly fishy. There's really no reason for a seer to come out unless they've found a wolf, and there's no reason still for them to withhold the name of the person they seer'd, -especially- if they're a wolf.

Your suggestion's just terrible strategy bro, either as a human or a wolf.
If you're a wolf then this will be an incredibly easy lynch. If you're a human, you're still a boon to us if you think having the seer come out is a sound strategy.
Why on earth would you vote for a player that was voted for literally an hour ago?

Like, is your conviction that strong this early in the game?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

There's nothing else to go off of and those are the only two votes on him

It's not so much being completely convinced as I'm more convinced he isn't going to be insta'd any time soon

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Let me turn this on you.

Your trigger happiness is terrible strategy bro, either as a human or a wolf.
If you're a wolf then this will be an incredibly easy lynch. If you're a human, you're still a boon to us if you think voting without thinking beyond the thread is a sound strategy.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #32
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
There's nothing else to go off of and those are the only two votes on him

It's not so much being completely convinced as I'm more convinced he isn't going to be insta'd any time soon
Then why even vote?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I'll make this easy for everyone:

If you don't know what your actions in game might suggest then do not do them until you know what you are suggesting. While what's-his-name's vote is likely a beginner's mistake you guys really need to think about timing, number of votes, and relations.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #34
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Maybe you're right, but I have a hard time seeing how a second vote is going to matter this early in the game
I would exercise more caution if he were even 3 away from insta, but that isn't the case.

I don't know, can you explain why pressure is a terrible strategy? Is it too soon? This is only my second time playing so I'm totally down for learning.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #35
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I am right.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #36
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Oh, all right, thanks for explaining

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #37
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Yes.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #38
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Oh, all right, thanks for explaining
Before I'm asked to explain what I meant again and not be mean to new players I'll go ahead and explain.

The point isn't to criticize your vote but to point out that regardless of when you're voting, voting means that you want someone to die. And that carries a weight that you seem to disregard a little too easily. The combination of all of your posts indicates to me that you're all over the place and cannot justify your vote even though you've tried.

You say that there's nothing else to go by.

You say you want to add pressure.

The first isn't a good reason to vote because the point is to find things to vote for and determine the best course of action. You're limiting yourself.

The second is a little off beat because V's vote is clearly filling that role. Can you justify the need for an extra vote placed an hour after the first? Has he been ignoring the thread?

Now, yes, there are votes that are just pressure votes and not you-should-die votes but I'm trying to point out that your vote megaphones concerns raised by a different player, doesn't have a real foothold in the thread, corners the conversation instead of adding to it, and just shows that you don't think about any of these things.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #39
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

For better or worse, and seeing as how people seem to think my humor before the game would lead to my early death, I'm coming out as the psychic. I don't want to have a useful role and get wasted early on again.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #40
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Blues, come talk to me so we can get things rolling in the right direction.
Closed Thread