Old 04-12-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default jTWG LXXIII Postgame

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=JK9

Will be 9 players.
Insta is on. (Instalynch is the term used when a majority of the remaining alive players are all simultaneously voting for the same person. That person is then lynched irregardless of the remaining time in the day.)
Cardflips are on. (When a player in the game dies, their role is publicly announced by myself, not just alignment but the exact role itself. If the Tracker dies, I will say "X was the tracker.)
Phantoms are off. (Phantoms are typically awarded to a player that does not vote during a day phase in which an instalynch does not occur. They're dumb.)
OOT off. (No communication with other players about the game outside the thread. At all. Whatsoever. WOLVES MAY COMMUNICATE IN WOLFCHAT DURING THE NIGHT PHASE ONLY.)
KitB on. (If X has 3 votes and Y also has 3 votes at the end of a phase, and they both are tied for the player with the most number of votes, I will use random.org to determine which player dies.)
Daytalk for wolves off. (Wolves may only communicate with one another outside the thread during the night, not during the day.)
Nighttalk on. (Players do not have to stop talking in the thread during the night. I guess towns talk in their sleep or something.)

I will allow at most 2 veteran players to signup. These spots should be occupied by players who are willing to help the people who are less experienced, and typically are occupied by players that don't make other players hate themselves and their decision to join TWG.
You are considered a veteran if the # of TWG games you have played in + the # of jTWG games you have played in = >10.

Vanilla Town: The most common role (usually) in a TWG game. They have no special powers, and constitute the uninformed majority of a TWG game. Their goal is to kill all of the wolves before they get eaten.

Jailkeeper: This is a town role that is both a medic and a roleblocker. For those who do not know what this means, the Jailkeeper targets a player in the night and the person it targeted by the wolves, that person is not killed. If this is used on the tracker, the tracker will receive "No result" as their tracking result. If used on the wolf that performs the nightkill, no kill will occur. (There is no visible difference between this and jailing the town that was nightkilled.) If used on the wolf that does not perform the nightkill, the nightkill will still go through.

Tracker: Targets a player in the night and learns what player the "tracked" player targeted, if anyone. When used on a wolf that performed the nightkill, they learn who the wolf targeted. When used on the jailkeeper, they learn who the jailkeeper targeted. When used on the wolf that did not perform the nightkill, they learn that they did not target anyone. When used on a vanilla town, will always learn that they did not target anyone. When used on a wolf that sent a nightkill but was also jailed by the jailkeeper, learns that the player did not target anyone.

Wolves: The scum of the game. Not town aligned, their win condition is to make the # of town players equal to the # of wolves, or make it so that nothing can prevent this from occuring. Try not to get lynched and try to get town lynched. Try to kill the roles at night.

I think that covers (most) of everything. If you are unfamiliar with the basic rules of TWG, either ask me in a PM or on Skype, or read the stickied rules thread. It should easily be located in the TWG forum.

Player List:
1) Lurker (Lynched D3, Wolf)
2) Cold Kitten (Killed N3, Vanilla Town)
3) Zenith (Won at Endgame, Vanilla Town)
4) Riotpolice (Killed N1, Jailkeeper)
5) Tiloco (Killed N2, Tracker)
6) gold stinger (Lynched D1, Wolf)
7) Charu (Won at Endgame, Vanilla Town)
8) Gradiant (Lynched D0, Vanilla Town)
9) Choof (Lynched D2, Vanilla Town)

D0: Lynched Gradiant (Vanilla Town)
N1: Riot Jails Tiloco (Roleblocks Tiloco)
lurker Kills Riot
Tiloco tracks Charu (Roleblocked)
D1: Lynched gold stinger (Wolf)
N2: lurker Kills Tiloco
Tiloco tracks Choof (Visited no one)
D2: Lynched Choof (Vanilla Town)
N3: lurker Kills Cold Kitten
D3: Lynched lurker (Wolf)

Notes: Lynch on Gradiant was a bit awkward, he had bad logic for suspecting claims based on how roles flip, but he was pushing his reads. Not the worst lynch town could've made but I think it started out on the wrong foot. Riot claiming after a small amount of pressure was pretty bad because town was basically down a role just from that alone. gold stinger did a pretty good job of getting townread based on natural posting and tone in my opinion, definitely has potential although you should've known tiloco was lying because lurker made the kill. Choof claiming tracker on the first night was a play that basically never works as well, and really shouldn't be attempted in a jTWG as it might've outed the real tracker. I'm surprised at how many people believed him.

When tiloco got roleblocked he died he was gonna try and make a play, and it did pay off. However, lurker sent in the kill that night so GS should've known tiloco was lying. When GS counterclaimed tiloco with a red on lurker, then you should lynch goldstinger right away because if he is real then the game is over. However, the fact that he red-checked his partner basically blows my mind, which is only topped by the fact that town still managed to lynch lurker. A lot of fighting between Charu and Tiloco probably put people off, and that saddens me a little. This is a game of logic and lies, so there will always be a little bit of emotional investment which led to that fighting, but remember that there's a lot of fun to be had. I had a lot of fun just modding the game reading people's posts, and I do hope people had fun this game.

Anyways, once gs flips wolf, the game is almost always just over from there because lurker is almost always town. Choof selfhammers like an idiot and you go into f3. Lurker targets a person that said she would almost always vote him then tried to bank on Charu hammering himself, which obviously didn't work. Even in that scenario, you don't need to be the first vote, just wait until Charu actually votes for himself then hammer him. You get to see if he's lying that way so its safer. Game was basically over when you took the bait, and yes, Charu had been planning that for a while.

If there's anything people should take from this game, its that town can lie just like the wolves, and can do it strategically. I don't really think I'm going to assign an MVP this game though, I don't really think I can choose between Charu and tiloco as they both needed each other and I don't see anyone standing out outside of those two. I will commend GS on a very impressive first wolf game though. With a little sharpening, I think you have a lot of potential as a player. Do try to take a stance on a few more things as a wolf, though. Its what gave you away.

When I have more time tomorrow afternoon I will offer a synopsis on all 9 players.

Wolfchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/GHDV4rEvM2qEm
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

Last edited by thesunfan; 04-12-2015 at 11:32 PM..
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXIII Postgame

tbf if i wasn't so worried about lag i might not've voted early
Old 04-12-2015, 11:49 PM   #3
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

oatmeal

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:49 PM   #4
lurker
ur worst nitemare

also i wanted to play another resistance :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 04-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
When tiloco got roleblocked he died he was gonna try and make a play, and it did pay off. However, lurker sent in the kill that night so GS should've known tiloco was lying. When GS counterclaimed tiloco with a red on lurker, then you should lynch goldstinger right away because if he is real then the game is over. However, the fact that he red-checked his partner basically blows my mind, which is only topped by the fact that town still managed to lynch lurker.
To me, Goldstinger was way more towny than Tiloco so I would've believed the counterclaim over the first claim if I was still alive. Would've lynched lurker as the red-check followed with what I was saying the entire first phase about wanting to lynch in the pool of Tiloco, Lurker, and CK. Lurker would've flipped and Goldstinger would've looked more town. He did really well this game.

My death made me really angry as through the whole shit about riot, I never once mentioned I wanted to vote him or that he was 100% lying/wolf. I stayed with my intention of wanting to keep a vote between Tiloco, Lurker, and CK. Choof's vote on me after saying the rest of the phase that I had really good reactions to posts regarding me and that I was town was pretty random, paired with Zenith's insta'ing with paying attention based on posts not related to where I had my vote placed.

Shame Goldstinger doesn't want to play further games as I think he played the best in this one.
Gradiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

alright so I owe you guys a reason for why I was pretty inactive and kinda flipped out a little bit on everyone:

my mom has been in the hospital since the day after the game started and it was just a lot to deal with, on top of this TWG as well as another one I was in one a different site (that I did in fact replace out of because they don't do infractions there). so for that, i'm sorry for being in active but i had one hell of a good reason.

in any case, gg everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:31 AM   #7
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

alright so I owe you guys a reason for why I was pretty inactive and kinda flipped out a little bit on everyone:

my mom has been in the hospital since the day after the game started and it was just a lot to deal with, on top of this TWG as well as another one I was in one a different site (that I did in fact replace out of because they don't do infractions there). so for that, i'm sorry for being in active but i had one hell of a good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:46 AM   #8
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

imo lurker given the situation you were in last night phase I probably would have hit off zenith, just to leave that CK/lurker coin toss up in the open for Charu. Would have put more pressure on him to make his bluff call for voting himself easier against him, and the smallest of chances for CK to turn on charu.

- Tosh 2014

Old 04-13-2015, 01:47 AM   #9
gold stinger

then again I can respect a CK hit, to cause some doubt against Charu & Zenith, but they were the 2 most green in the game, so I wouldn't have done it myself.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-13-2015 at 01:57 AM..
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Alright, just as I said in the game thread at the end, my intention of scaring people away from the game was not there. I didn't mean to make other players feel intimidated by me bashing my head with Tiloco.

Congrats, once again, Gold Stinger for a fantastic first time Wolf. Though again, I think you shouldn't have fake red checked lurker.

I have no idea what sunfan (and tiloco) are on, but I simply don't understand why lynching lurker there was a bad move. I mean, we still won regardless, but what da...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 04-13-2015 at 01:55 PM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #11
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post

Also, sheeeeeeeeeeeit, sorry to hear this.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #12
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think even though GS died early by insta-ing himself, he deserves MVP. I don't think anybody realized that GS was a wolf UNTIL the faceoff with Tiloco and also sounding a bit mechanical from some peoples thoughts.

I'll do player reviews in a bit because I participated more in this game than I have the previous games excluding my first game.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #13
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

choof lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #14
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I think even though GS died early by insta-ing himself, he deserves MVP. I don't think anybody realized that GS was a wolf UNTIL the faceoff with Tiloco and also sounding a bit mechanical from some peoples thoughts.

I'll do player reviews in a bit because I participated more in this game than I have the previous games excluding my first game.
Mate this is deductive reasoning the game I'm always going to sound 100% mechanical that's my meta god damnit

also I insta'd myself as a wolf, I don't think that'd qualify as MVP unless outing yourself to put a bad data point on the table for everyone else was worth-while.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-13-2015 at 01:50 PM..
Old 04-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #15
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Gold Stinger please play more TWG with us!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #16
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Gold Stinger please play more TWG with us!
^^
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #17
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Lay it on me sunfan, give me your player comments so I can feel like I acted like a CHARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #18
gold stinger

lol Charu you cracked pretty hard in the game

if it wasn't for the fact that you were the strongest green at the start of the game you would have gotten obliterated.

- Tosh 2014

Old 04-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #19
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
lol Charu you cracked pretty hard in the game
I blame Tiloco so hard.

Uggggh ugggggh uuuuuuuuuuuuugggh!!!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 04-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #20
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
Without having gone back to reread interactions and the like, up until the CK kill and lurker's Charu vote I thought that Charu was the last wolf.
Oh, then that means I can do the same thing next game and no one will be able to tell, eh!?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote: