roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - POST GAME

TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy

Hosted by: roundbox
Wolves Win
MVP: Zenith (HM: Tokzic)

1. DarkManticoreX2 (Usual Suspect, Lost at Endgame)
2. blindreper1179 (Judge, Lynched Day 3)
3. _Zenith_ (Invisible One, Achieved parity and won)
4. Red Blaster (Investigator, MODKILLED Day 1)
5. DaBackpack (Retired Surgeon, Lost at Endgame)
6. Charu (Soothsayer, Lost at Endgame)
7. j-rodd (Guardian, KILLED Night 1)
8. reuben_tate (Pure Human, Lost at Endgame)
9. storn42 (Painter, Achieved parity and won)
10. choof (Equalizer, KILLED Night 2)
11. mellonxcollie (Corruptor, Achieved parity and won)
12. Tokzic (Hypnotist, Achieved parity and won)
13. Curry and Rice (Synthesist, KILLED Night 3)
14. Vendetta21 (Pure Human, Lost at Endgame)
15. Tps222 (Convicted Felon, LYNCHED Day 2)

WOLF QUICKTOPIC: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/bLNCJ7tcp5nJ

Host Comments:
The game really didn't pick up until Day 3, and for some obvious reasons. I would like to extend a big middle finger to Red Blaster for shitting up this game, but I guess I can rip into him later.
The wolves successfully picked j-rodd on the first night for their night kill and already put town at a big disadvantage. Red Blaster didn't help the human cause either, getting himself modkilled for failing to read the rules. Choof got iced by the wolves for his power, so town was at an even bigger disadvantage considering choof's role has wolves in his sights. Tps got wolf rushed at EOD, and the affinity vote got conflipped (landed on white, get dunked on [sunfan wanted this comment in]). Curry and Rice got sniped for his power, and Zenith set up a successful case against blind for the win.
I was really, really disappointed that this game never went into black affinity and that it didn't live up to its full potential due to someone having a hissy fit and not understanding the ethics of the game. Many players went inactive and into "I don't care mode", only to come back to a wolf win. Hopefully you're proud of yourselves.

Fun fact: if any other human but blind was mislynched and the game went into white affinity, the game would have continued due to blind's power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy V2
15 PLAYERS
5 MODIFIED GREENS
2 NORMAL HUMANS
3 TOWN PR
4 MAFIA PR
1 THIRD-PARTY

NIGHT START
INSTA: OFF
PHANTOMS: OFF
OOTC: OFF
CARDFLIPS: OFF

YOU ARE A HUMAN
However, your place in society has followed you.
You are a soothsayer. During nights, you may choose one target. Depending on the floor affinity, different effects will happen.
WHITE AFFINITY - If you die, your chosen target will be color flipped in the game thread.
BLACK AFFINITY - No effect. Your connection with the spiritual world is butted.
You must submit a target every night, even if it is the same player, and even if the night is black affinity. If you do not submit a target, your target will be randed.

Your greatest strength is your vote and your mind.
Your objective is to eliminate all threats to human civilization.

YOU ARE A HUMAN
You are a retired surgeon. You feel confident in your ability to treat any wounds outside of the hospital setting, but a morbid insecurity prevents you from making this move. That and there's only one first aid kit you've found.
WHITE AFFINITY - You have a One-shot Doctor effect. Send in a PM at night with your target's name if you wish to use your power. Your targeted player will be saved from any attempts on their life. If roleblocked, you will not be refunded your power.
BLACK AFFINITY - No effect. Your hands shake from nervousness.

YOU ARE A HUMAN
You are a convicted felon. Well, at least you were until you woke up. You've been kidnapped from prison. Your arrest charges were related to the hacking of surveillance equipment to stalk your former lover.
The powers of this compound can quench those urges and allow you to spy again.
WHITE AFFINITY - No effect. In your mind, you are still in jail.
BLACK AFFINITY - You have a One-shot Watcher effect. Send in a PM at night with your target's name if you wish to use your power. You will receive the name(s) of any player(s) that visits your selected target. If roleblocked, you will not be refunded your power.

YOU ARE A HUMAN
You are a judge. You feel confident in your convictions, and this compound is more than willing to facilitate your greatest strengths. However, it can also drown that power with the flip of a switch.
WHITE AFFINITY - You feel confident in your vote, so much that your voting power is increased by 0.1. You will overrule any ties with your vote. Your extra voting power will be invisible.
BLACK AFFINITY - No affect. You are reminded of the evils that lie within the world that have not been convicted by you.

YOU ARE A HUMAN
You are a usual suspect. You've been arrested many times, and you are currently on parole. The powers of the compound might be able to hide your criminal record.
WHITE AFFINITY - The truth shines through, and your criminal background is highlighted. You will seer red if checked.
BLACK AFFINITY - The compound graces you with a shroud of innocence. You may choose to be seered green or blue. If you do not send in a request, it will default to green.

YOU ARE THE INVESTIGATOR
You have been gifted with the power of truth. Every night, you can choose a target. Depending on the floor affinity, your power will change.
WHITE AFFINITY - You can seer any living or dead player. If you visit a dead player, you will loot any items off of their body. You will receive their color flip.
BLACK AFFINITY - You can track any living player. You will be told who, if anyone, that player visited in the night.
Your objective is to lead the human forces to victory, killing all of those impure of heart.

YOU ARE THE SYNTHESIST
You are gifted with the ability to craft powerful chemical concoctions. You can craft one per night and send it to any player. The player has a choice of using it or ignoring it.
You start off the game with 1 random white affinity injection to send to another player. This is in addition to your one-per-night creation (effectively starting with 2).
When you die, you will drop a random injection of the current floor affinity. If during night, you will instead drop the injection intended for your target.

WHITE AFFINITY - Create 1 and send to another player:
INJECTION A - "The Wish Granter": Triples the next wishing well affinity vote by the player
INJECTION B - "Vote B Gone": Removes 1 vote accrued against the user
INJECTION C - "Cure Me": Removes all unwanted affects and prevents role block/manipulation.

BLACK AFFINITY - Create 1 and send to another player:
INJECTION D - "PEEK A BOO": Grants one seering.
INJECTION E - "May the Gods Grant Death": Doubles voting power.
INJECTION F - "Power Surge": Gives a one-time vigi, but reveals the user. Your supplies indicate you can only make two.

When a player receives an injection, they will only be told the letter and will not know of the effects. You cannot make an injection to keep for yourself, but you can use one sent from another player.
Your objective is to lead the human forces to victory, killing all of those impure of heart.

YOU ARE THE PROTECTOR
You are gifted with the power of strength. However, the nature of your strength changes with the floor affinity.
WHITE AFFINITY - Before end of day, select one target. The target is jailed for the night, roleblocking them but preventing any hostile night actions against them. You also have the ability to anonymously chat to your target. Your target cannot talk at night in the thread or any faction communication. Your target must be living to be jailed. SPECIAL NOTE: This does not apply Night 0 (game start).
BLACK AFFINITY - You may select one target. You will kill any night attackers that pursue the target, but you will also die in the process. Cannot be used if affinity changed with the vote AND you have a target in jail.

YOU ARE THE HYPNOTIST
You are affiliated with the mafia. Your cohorts are: , , and .
You have been gifted with the power of mental superiority. During night, you can corrupt other players' actions. You cannot use your powers and kill on the same night.
WHITE AFFINITY - You may select a player to hypnotize. You will receive any reports or messages the hypnotized player would receive. The affected player will not receive their report unless another player visits, interrupting your hypnosis.
BLACK AFFINITY - You may select two players. Night actions performed on these players will be swapped. You may choose yourself. This includes mafia kills.

With your nightly kill PM, you must submit which mafia member is making the kill.
Your quicktopic is here:
Your objective is to eliminate all threats and achieve parity with town.

YOU ARE THE CORRUPTOR
You have been gifted with sabotage. You have a knack for stealing items as well as turning their powers inside out. Injections you receive can have their affects inverted before sending to another player. When you convert your injections, you will be told of their effect. You can always use any injections you pick up, but will not find out their effects unless you convert them to see their opposite.
You cannot convert a corrupted injection back to normal.

In your inventory, you have a: CORRUPT INJECTION B - "Votes On Me" which adds one vote against the unfortunate user. You may send in the name of the player you wish to send this to. Any and all injections you send to other players will only carry their letter and not describe the effect. Any player with an item has the choice of using it or sending it to another player in the night.

WHITE AFFINITY - Pick two players to steal from, receiving all of their items.
BLACK AFFINITY - Steal all items from one living and dead player.

With your nightly kill PM, you must submit which mafia member is making the kill.
Your quicktopic is here:

YOU ARE THE PAINTER
You have been gifted with the power of deception. During WHITE affinity nights, you can paint another player. Painted players will have a seer result of the color of your choosing.
-Paint fades after one night.
-Dead players can also be painted. The fading still applies.
-You cannot paint yourself.
WHITE AFFINITY - You can paint a player blue, purple, red, or green.
BLACK AFFINITY - No effect. Your paint is not illuminated.

Your quicktopic is here:

YOU ARE THE INVISIBLE ONE
Stealth and secrecy are your gifts. If you are sent on a night kill during BLACK affinity, you will be unable to be seen by other players.
WHITE AFFINITY - No effect. Your movements are easily detected.
BLACK AFFINITY - You will not be detected by any other player if sent on a night kill.

Your quicktopic is here:

YOU ARE THE EQUALIZER
You have no time for anyone who is not a human. You must find and exterminate all power roles. If you are the only power role remaining, you will win the game.
You have powers to help you in your cause.
WHITE AFFINITY - You will receive the cardflip of anyone who dies.
BLACK AFFINITY - At night, choose one target to seer. If you receive a report, you have the option of anonymously informing all players of their cardflip. Your anonymous report will show up during the day. The host will deliver your report as soon as possible during the day after being requested.
Once again, your win condition is to be the last surviving Power Role.
You seer as purple.

YOU ARE A HUMAN
You've been locked in an elevator with your associates, but for what reason?
You have no special powers, but your greatest strength is your vote and your mind.
WHITE AFFINITY - No effect.
BLACK AFFINITY - No effect.

-Injection Preventing roleblock/manipulation
-Hypnotist Swap effect
-Painter Paint effect
-Seer/Track/Watch/Doctor/Guard (includes item effects)
-Mafia Kill/Vigi Item Kill/Synthesist item creation effect
-Item passing
-Item looting effects

N1 Actions:
Tokzic roleblocks choof
storn42 paints Red Blaster RED.
Red Blaster investigates Tokzic. Tokzic is shown as RED to Red Blaster.
Charu places Zenith as his soothsayer target.
DaBackpack uses 1-shot doctor on choof. (INTERRUPTS TOKZIC HYPNOSIS)
(WOLF KILL) Zenith kills j-rodd123.
j-rodd123 is flipped BLUE to choof.
mellonxcollie sends a CORRUPT INJECTION B to Vendetta21.
Curry and Rice sends NORMAL INJECTION A to Zenith.
Curry and Rice creates and sends a NORMAL INECTION C to Vendetta21.
mellonxcollie attempts to steal from DaBackpack and Curry and Rice, but finds nothing.

N2 Actions:

Storn paints tokzic BLUE
Charu sets soothsayer gem to Vendetta21
(WOLF KILL) Zenith kills choof.
Mellonxcollie receives a NORMAL INJECTION A from Zenith.
Curry and Rice creates a NORMAL INJECTION C and sends it to storn42.
mellonxcollie loots Vendetta and Charu, but finds nothing.

Tokzic does nothing.

N3 Actions:

Tokzic hypno's V
storn paints Tokzic blue
storn passes GOOD INJECTION C to mellonxcollie
(WOLF KILL) Zenith kills Curry and Rice
Curry and Rice drops GOOD INJECTION A on corpse
Charu rands DarkManticoreX2 as his soothsayer target

mellonxcollie does nothing.

Last edited by roundbox; 07-4-2015 at 11:11 PM..
Old 07-4-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - POST GAME

PLAYER COMMENTS:

Manti: You were in this game?

Blind: You are the recipient of the "I Told You So" award for this game. Hold it up high and shove it in everyone's faces. Your defense is exactly what I would have done in your shoes, and the multiquoting should have been a huge giveaway for everyone that you were human. Well done. You played well, but the inactive town let you get dunked.

Zenith: You did it. There were a few things that you did apart from your usual town game, which should have been a dead giveaway for some people (hot reads list nowhere to be found). But your tracker claim worked. The "random" pick of TPS is pretty statistically screwed, so I'm pretty surprised you got Charu and DaBackpack to eat it up. gj duder!!

Red Blaster: thanks for ruining my game. Also you claimed a little too early in a mystery game. There were so many factors that can screw with the game so it shouldn't have been your top priority.

DaBackpack: ya got played, son. It was interesting seeing a human game out of you (finally), but I guess you really needed more people to bounce ideas off of for you to reach your conclusion. You dropped the wolf team in one of your posts, and I was excited for a moment since town was at such a disadvantage, but you got sweet talked by Zenith. You were so close.

Charu: ya got played. It would have been nice if you actually decided to play the game as well. (you did rectify this for Day 3, although it wasn't the greatest moment for town)

j-rodd: no mercy n1 kill. sux2bu

reuben_tate: you were pretty active throughout most of the game, but it seemed to falter towards the end. I think your initial work was pretty strong, but the inactivity of the rest of the town surely didn't help you out.

storn: I felt your wolf game was pretty easy to read into, and I'm trying to think of some tips to make it better. I might update this post, but I will say one really strong play of yours was saving yourself from the lynch since you had the item you were going to pass to curry, and lynching you waas a bad idea. Nicely done.

choof: I really liked how you were playing the role, too bad some cocksucker ruined your entire plan. Sorry mate.

Raeko: I think posting that you were worried about using your item was a little premature, but other than that you won for being UTR (without getting any iota of suspicion), so ya did it.

Tokzic: Runner up MVP. You handled that red seering like a fucking champ and your claim was really good to follow up. If you said you protected Curry N3, you could have just faulted the randomness. I was wondering why people didn't question why you protected V, though (maybe I missed this). Well played.

Curry and Rice: Aside from V, you only sent injections to wolves. Looks like they got you good. I think when you claimed you gave a little toooo much information that led to wolves icing you over anyone else (they were considering charu, I wonder if a little less info on the black stuff would have made you less of a concern).

V: At least you tried to be active. Looks like the red blaster thing really threw you off.

Tps: I really liked your playstyle going into this. It's a shame the wolves lynch rushed you. You played very concerned and cautious, and your analysis was good. I feel like if you got your watcher power off, it would have been killer.

Last edited by roundbox; 07-5-2015 at 04:03 AM..
Old 07-4-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

also SEND ME GAMES pls
Old 07-4-2015, 11:12 PM   #4
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Fucking dumb ass people
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 07-4-2015, 11:12 PM   #5
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

More like they had the perfect setup to make a case on you, which was hell-a convincing than what you were spewing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-4-2015, 11:12 PM   #6
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

You want to bitch talk, let it all out.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-4-2015, 11:14 PM   #7
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

A trend I've noticed: it seems like the people making snide comments are often A) completely mistaken or B) wolves
Old 07-4-2015, 11:16 PM   #8
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

That unforunate sequence of events in Night One though.

Like how lucky was that for storn to just do that to have someone seer his target?

And then the modkill.

I couldn't have asked for a perfect sequence of events if I were a wolf.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:18 PM   #9
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Lmao totally called tokzic/zenith/storn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 07-4-2015, 11:18 PM   #10
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

I am so glad this game is over though

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:20 PM   #11
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I legitimately quit caring after the whole red blaster bullshit and I'm glad that he's banned because now he'll start playing on a different site

I've stood up for him in so many chats and on so many different occasions so if he's going to continue to do this kinda shit even when he was on the cusp of becoming a solid player, then good fucking riddance
Old 07-4-2015, 11:20 PM   #12
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I just wanna say Zenith did an amazing job.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:21 PM   #13
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Dat is all

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:21 PM   #14
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

If this was another game I'd be mad, but honestly I tried so fucking hard to find a reason to distrust zenith

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:22 PM   #15
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

I was pretty thoroughly convinced at the end that zenith couldn't have been lying though

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:22 PM   #16
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

tokzic should have not lived past day 2 and you're all idiots for not killing him
Old 07-4-2015, 11:23 PM   #17
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

This game was very hard for me to follow. The rb fiasco really derailed the game and that was unfortunate. That being said blind losing his shit didn't help his case and solidified the wolf win. Keep calm at all times one thing that comes to mind is something that fiction said: towns get mad cause people are being stupid, reds get mad because they are losing.

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 07-4-2015, 11:24 PM   #18
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
tokzic should have not lived past day 2 and you're all idiots for not killing him
Yeah all fucking 2 of us town that were active

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:25 PM   #19
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Sorry for not trusting you charu

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-4-2015, 11:27 PM   #20
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
I think blind did a decent job of defending himself. It was either him or tokzic that pointed out some slips zenith made (IIRC), and his tone was squeaky clean.
It wasn't that I didn't trust blind, it was more that zenith had fucking loaded the entire game for his claim

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Closed Thread