I misread "pizza player" as "pizza prayer" how amazing is that
Old 09-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #142
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauthammer View Post
I think the pizza guy shouldn't be called in a concrete phase. I think it should be more of when he is really needed, based on the number of humans left.

I'd like to point that it seems there is no Jealous Bastard who cardflips human. Even the Super one will cardflip, as, judging by the roles, he only appears as human when eavesdropped or revealed publicly via Tattletale. And the Troublemaker appears as non-human when eavesdropped or tattled.

So I think that this means that the cardflips at the end of a phase are pretty much trustable, unless I'm seriously misinterpreting the role descriptions.

@Xiz, could you confirm that I'm right in this? Does the false human or non-human seerings carry in the cardflip, or do they appear as their true role?

Now, supposing I'm right, wolves need to kill like six human players in order to win without losing any of their partners. So I think that a good moment to call the pizza guy would be after three humans die. It would make it like...Night 3. Then the pizza guy would be ready to play on Day 3.

I'll also point that I'm sure that the Pizza guy does count as one of the remaining humans, after he is summoned, which gives a second chance. Numbers-wise, it'd be like one of the human deaths never happened.

If a wolf is killed, then it would delay a bit more the summoning of the pizza player.

That is what I think.
unless this game is different the card flip will show their true allegiance
Old 09-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #143
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
So I think that a good moment to call the pizza guy would be after three humans die. It would make it like...Night 3. Then the pizza guy would be ready to play on Day 3.
Hey Kraut, I'm going to have to ask you to revise your logic a bit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #144
Krauthammer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
Hey Kraut, I'm going to have to ask you to revise your logic a bit here.
Hmmmmm...maybe I worded it wrong.

What I say is that then we would call him at Night 3.

Then he would be ready to play at Day 3.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #145
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

depends if you call today day 0 or day 1 lol, the logic isn't wrong it's just semantics, def seems like good thinking tho kraut imo, villa points for you
Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #146
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
CLARIFICATION:

I'm sorry, I really seemed to have been unclear. The Tattle will give a cardflip, possibly exposing ANYONE.

Sorry everyone, my fault. I'll gtfo now.
Does this mean what I think it means.

Ok, cardflips are full role flips. So the tattle reveals roles, not human/non-human flips.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #147
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
Does this mean what I think it means.

Ok, cardflips are full role flips. So the tattle reveals roles, not human/non-human flips.
I believe so…

Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #148
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
@Xiz, could you confirm that I'm right in this? Does the false human or non-human seerings carry in the cardflip, or do they appear as their true role?
Yeah I'll show in cardflip.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #149
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

TT cruising unnoticed meaning that the guy will just have to play with a bit more caution until an opportunity presents itself. And no dance, while it is true using it > not using it, it can be said the same about every role here. The fact being the TT's role in one-shot and that the value of his seer can be increased later (smaller villa & wolf pool).
Kraut logic's good, whether pizza guy comes D2 or D3 is ok, just not later please I'm fucking hungrey. There's no reason not to involve a confirmed who can also pressure people.

Charu, how do you expect on playing this game?
Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #150
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

@xiz are cardflips full roles reveal or normal human/non-human cardflips?
Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #151
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
@xiz are cardflips full roles reveal or normal human/non-human cardflips?
He said exposing anyone. Human/nonhuman results don't expose all roles
Old 09-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #152
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't know, I guess just kind of wiggle my fingers around until I get a good idea on who I'm talking to and understand mechanics.

Or I could just be a crazy lunatic and point at someone right now. That might give me more ideas.

...Maybe I'll do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #153
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Exposing confused me as a word. I believe everything's cleared now in my head.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #154
James May
FFR Player

Speaking of all this, the cruel irony is that I'm at a party now o:

On topic matter: deciding when pizza guy comes is good idea (props to kraut for p interesting logic there) but should we decide when tattle-tale should use his/her role or just let TT choose it on his/her own will? Imho, TT should use it on the same phase that we decide to call the pizza guy so that on the next phase we can have confirmed wolf/villa. I would go more into details but using a tablet sucks and it is a worthless ****** in letting me post fully fleshed out posts…

Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #155
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Speaking of all this, the cruel irony is that I'm at a party now o:

On topic matter: deciding when pizza guy comes is good idea (props to kraut for p interesting logic there) but should we decide when tattle-tale should use his/her role or just let TT choose it on his/her own will? Imho, TT should use it on the same phase that we decide to call the pizza guy so that on the next phase we can have confirmed wolf/villa. I would go more into details but using a tablet sucks and it is a worthless ****** in letting me post fully fleshed out posts…
wrong.

The use of the TT and the pizza guy are circumstantial, special to the circumstances of the time. We must ask the TT if we doubt somebody. We must ask the pizza guy to settle a dispute. Having them both out at the same time doesn't help. There's like, no benefit. Can you list the benefits?
Old 09-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #156
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
wrong.

The use of the TT and the pizza guy are circumstantial, special to the circumstances of the time. We must ask the TT if we doubt somebody. We must ask the pizza guy to settle a dispute. Having them both out at the same time doesn't help. There's like, no benefit. Can you list the benefits?
Sorry, my logic was way off there >_> I hadn't considered that in the first place. But, that's why we're all here no? So TT should only be used in certain circumstances right? And have we settled on which phase to call out the Pizza Guy?

Old 09-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #157
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I don't think there's any evidence to support that Pizza guy should come out during day 2 as opposed to day 3 or day 4. He'll always be alive. He'll always be able to show up.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #158
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I think the tattle should be used when someone's humanity is being disputed. This is problematic because the TT doesn't have to listen to any of us. He could very well just do whatever he wants and maybe he should. TT reveals cardflip roles and colors so if everyone is jumping on player X because he seems weird maybe he's weird because he's blue. Maybe the TT will be able to see that.

In fact this entire game is based on these sort of circumstances. The lack of private communication prevents blues from divulging information so they're basically on their own. Everyone needs to pay attention because we're all looking for blues, we're all looking for reds. And when we think we find them we must vote according to what we believe the player roster actually is. The game isn't exactly easy - and if you think you'll make it easier by having two confirmed greens at the expense of possibly revealing a blue you're not playing the game right.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #159
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I'm like 7 levels deep yo where u @?
Old 09-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #160
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't think there's any evidence to support that Pizza guy should come out during day 2 as opposed to day 3 or day 4. He'll always be alive. He'll always be able to show up.
in fact, you know what's more telling? Knowing that the pizza guy should be called but nobody is willing to.

And you know what's depressing? Seeing everyone think they needs to be some sort of consensus as to when the pizza guy should come prior an obvious need for him.

If you want to call him just do it but don't pretend some of us won't be unhappy. There's potential in waiting and it's not like he's going anywhere.
Closed Thread