Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #2701
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

wow thats a dumb rule because you are horrible and i know i can beat you.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #2702
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

uh wow i've never even played you??? so shut up and i'm definately not adding you anytime soon >.>
Old 07-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #2703
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Actually we played earlier today and you were awful. I would be schooling you and then manti would hit me with a rocket to my spine and you would kill me and taunt even though you did only 20% damage to me while the rest was caused by manti. You are also very cocky you taunt every time someone near you dies even if you don't kill them. I would destroy you in 1v1 any day but because of the rules of the ladder it may or may not be a while until i do so.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #2704
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniOstrich View Post
By RAR I meant Reverse Aerial Reverse, which is jumping offstage then double jumping back and simultaneously using thunder, which really doesn't hit often its mostly used to force an air dodge...
That sounds pretty stupid. I was trying that technique for a while but then I discovered Bsticking, and it can do the same thing only much easier, and doesn't require me to jump out off the stage as far.

Quote:
You may feel free to call it a glitch, but considering the old Melee tech of L-cancelling this seems like a similar ability, given only to one character. If you choose not to use it thats fine, it doesn't make BF any less of an advantage for Pikachu, it makes it less of an advantage for you.
That's nothing like Lcancelling. It's more like wavedashing. An unintended physics glitch which allows for illogical movement.

Quote:
Pikachu can juggle very effectively because of his mobility using QAC, so you can be under your opponent in a matter of seconds and performing a combo, it is very hard to predict these for most players.
I'm sure a lot of things are possible if one is willing to combo Quick Attacks like that, but that's irrelevant to my side of the argument since I will not be using them in the manner you suggest.

Quote:
The spell check said thunderjolt wasn't a word so I went with thunderbolt...you knew what I was talking about so the point was made.
Funny that you would latch onto that rather than the real point I was making. You said it would be good to hide on a platform and shoot off neutral Bs, and I say it's just as good to do it on level terrain, but better on level terrain because I wouldn't be leaving my bottom open to attack. And I don't know if you realize, but if Pikachu's bottom is open like that, there's not a lot which can be done... The best option might just be to drop a down B and hope that your opponent gets hit by it in close range while he's kicking your ass.

Quote:
The platforms are used for catch the thunders and presenting them to your opponent at an awkward angle. You can can SH thunder jolt (maybe full hop, I haven't played Pika recently) and it will wrap around the platform in front of you. Many characters, upon seeing a campy tactic and wishing to break it, will immediately dash attack, or begin a SH approach. Unlike a grounded jolt the platform jolts will often not clank/be eaten by dash attacks, or avoided by SH approaches.
I don't think you understand what you're talking about here. A short hop approach would always work better than this **** you're describing, although what you're saying might work good occasionally to catch them off guard.

Quote:
I never said 'Anther does it so it is the only way' I was trying get the point across that if these strategies work in a pro setting, they will be plenty applicable in a competitive setting. or even a casual game with the same game type.
Well let me just say that I get my ass handed to me even worse on Battlefield for the reasons I already stated. I frankly don't care if someone who is more skilled than I can use the terrain to his advantage, because the tactics of the best player are not indicative of the skills of the typical player, nor are they inherently indicative of what I or anyone else thinks.

Quote:
The main point was not Pikachu does well on BF anyways, thats an individual debate. You basically proved my point though, you are trying to pick FD because it gives you an advantage as a Pikachu player.
No, Pikachu does not do "well on BF". The person you identified does. He does well. There is nothing inherent to Pikachu's design which makes him more capable on BF than FD, and if anything, the inherent skillset would imply what I've argued thus far: platforms above that block thunder are a weakness.

And no, you misunderstand. I don't want FD because it "gives me an advantage". I want FD because it doesn't take away my ability to use my down B to it's full potential. If you consider using your full set of attacks to their maximum to be "an advantage" then yes, but otherwise, I want a fair game.

Quote:
I was saying that stage variation should be included in challenge matches, because it is agreed that the stage does make a difference, and no stage is fair for all characters.

Solution:
I still suggest that If you have WON on a stage you may not pick that stage again, if you LOST on a stage and you really want to choose it again, fine.

Example: Going with our little discussion say Afro's Pikachu generally beats my Olimar on FD because he can use his thunder against my minimal air control and simple recovery, but on BF I can hide under platforms and win most of the time. Is it fair for either Afro to continuously pick FD and win, or for me to continuously pick BF and win? If we each get a chance to play our map then we are tied and then we both stand a chance on that last match.
This is a relatively reasonable problem proposed, yet I don't think I like the solution. Maybe have a simple thing where person A picks 1st stage, person B picks 2nd stage, then coin flip to choose the third. Or maybe random of all stages that don't have bull**** hazards on them. Or maybe you can describe the way slob picks work and we could work off something like that.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #2705
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Gutsybat you're not anything special. So..... shut up.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #2706
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

I kind of have to wonder whom he challenged to get to the second to bottom spot of the ladder.

If this were Brawl Frontier, korny would be getting +1 karma.

Also, free for alls are a poor scale on how someone really plays. They are pure fun and have no consequence whatsoever, so it's not exactly a good thing to rate a player's skill on.

Last edited by Jor-Dan_the_greatest; 07-12-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Jor-Dan_the_greatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #2707
KyokiBPM600
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to KyokiBPM600 Send a message via MSN to KyokiBPM600 Send a message via Yahoo to KyokiBPM600

You shouldn't be talking like that if you know what's good for you Gutsy.
Anyways, I play Megaman Starforce 2 all the time now. So if you happen to face me one day with an actual legit folder without having to revert to using WCC's then you'll be raped. If you use WCC's anyways then you will still be bent over.
KyokiBPM600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #2708
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyokiBPM600 View Post
You shouldn't be talking like that if you know what's good for you Gutsy.
haha what the hell are you going to do over the internet? You sound like someone from a vintage 1980s movie in a bar scene. Please stop you are making me laugh too hard.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #2709
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

If you were good at brawl maybe you wouldn't sound so annoying but you're not so stop talking like you're of any importance.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #2710
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
If you were good at brawl maybe you wouldn't sound so annoying but you're not so stop talking like you're of any importance.

have you ever played me? No the reason I am at such a low point in the ladder is because my first match I did was against manti just to see how good he was. I haven't really challenged anyone since then but whatever i'll let you seem like you are a badass here.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #2711
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

if you cant beat manti you sure as heck cant beat korny >.>
Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #2712
GutsyBat
FFR Player

I never said i was going to beat him. Losing doesn't make you suck. Now if he were to shut me out then yes he could easily say i suck.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #2713
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

You'd be lucky to take a stock off me IRL.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #2714
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Okay that is what you think. I know i'm not the best at this game by any means, but you don't know how good i am. So go ahead and talk it doesn't really matter i saw how Jordan played and wasn't impressed and was just annoyed with how cocky he was with taunting after every kill.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #2715
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

*puts everyone in timeout*

Anyway, I'm thinking of having some events to give Manti a few more matches than like...zero.

Tournament Wins:
Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)

^lulz^

Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER

^ScArY^
dogdude84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #2716
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

No one on this site is "good" except for manti and myself.

Free for alls are a poor representation of how skilled someone is for the most part.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #2717
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Thats very cocky.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #2718
OmniOstrich
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OmniOstrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
No one on this site is "good" except for manti and myself.

Free for alls are a poor representation of how skilled someone is for the most part.
Give me some credit bro xD
9:30-10:30 EST (Currently daylight savings) is my regular time unless otherwise scheduled
OmniOstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #2719
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

You're not bad, but you wouldn't make it far in a tournament here in Texas. Manti himself isn't even THAT great he's just good. None of you should take offense to this. I'm way more experienced in the competitive smash scene than any of you all.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #2720
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

You just wait untill I perfect my ledgegames and zairs Korny.

As it is, I really don't challenge anyone when they're coming back to the stage.

New custom title btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 07-12-2008 at 09:21 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote