Old 04-23-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Rules for the Media Forum

1) No duplicate threads. As of now, we only have 3 pages' worth of content. Do a search for the anime you want to post about. Chances are, with the way this forum section is going, you'll find it. If the topic is more than 3 months old, I will allow a new topic to be created ONLY IF you have relevant information to add to the discussion!

2) No meaningless posts. I'm going to spell out exactly what kind of posts aren't going to be allowed right now.

a) The random "____ was great!" post.
b) The random "____ sucked!" post.
c) The random "You're stupid." post.
d) The random "No you are." post.
e) The random "I'm the anime king" post.

Failure to comply will get your post deleted. This is the thing I will be looking for the most.

What should you post? Post the above (well, not c or d), then state WHY. Why did you like ____? Why did you hate ____? Why? Explain.

Likewise, all threads without a relevant discussion theme will be locked. Threads must have content and able to hold a discussion.

3) Be descriptive. We have the Internet at our disposal. Use it. I don't want to see "Fullmetal alchemist - ending theme" in the list of your favorite songs. There were lots of ending themes; which one? Go to ANN and find out.

4) No spoilers without warnings. Your topic for a show is intended to get people to watch it and then discuss it. You don't tell them the entire story. Quote or point them to ANN's plot summary for the show if one exists. Spoiler warnings should be large and noticeable. You can also use the following code to mark spoilers:

Code:
[quote="Spoilers"][color=#E1ECF2]Spoilers go here.[/color][/quote]
5) Do not ask for simple information. I do not want to see threads asking "What's ___? Never heard of that show..." or "What's ___ about?" Once again, we have the Internet here. You aren't limited to a forum. Go to my sticky about how to find information on anime or type in the name of the show / movie into Google. You will find it.

6) Websites / Flash Animations go in Chit Chat. Simple enough. Media is what you see on television, the big screen, hear on the radio, etc. Internet websites and flash animations are chit-chat material. When I say radio, I don't mean what you thought of the latest song from XX band (it's probably emo anyway). Music-related Media are radio shows and concerts. Albums wouldn't go here either; that's Chit Chat again.

7) Media is not YouTube, nor is it Google Video Put that in Chit Chat. We have a thread specifically designed for them.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=36154

8) NO DISCUSSION OF NARUTO outside of this thread: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=51130

Any discussion of Naruto will be moved, locked, or deleted if not posted in that thread. The more incoherent the post, the more likely it is to be locked or deleted.

Last edited by Squeek; 01-6-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 04-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
User6773

Default RE: Added Rules for the Media forum

I'm Chardish, and I approve this message.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Some of those are basic forum rules anyway.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I wish people knew of them, but they don't. I figured making this would help.

In any event, they'll know why I deleted their posts.

~Squeek
Old 04-23-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Your title isnt catchy enough. Nobody will read it.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Fixed.

~Squeek
Old 04-24-2005, 08:26 AM   #7
User6773

We need, like, super-announcements.

For announcements that are so important they need to be above the regular ones.

Closed Thread