Old 02-13-2016, 05:17 PM   #2421
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Diablo 3

Who the hell are you guys playing with? I've never had any of these problems before. Even pubs are usually good groups now.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #2422
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Do people still play this?

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:55 PM   #2423
Poison-
Nope

A lot of people go back to play it at the start of a new season, but it slowly dies down again in the weeks after
Old 05-11-2016, 05:34 AM   #2424
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I'm playing.

Weekends only right now though so I haven't gotten very far.

Wizzy is up to like p280, GR...55 clear? I haven't gotten the ring for firebird archon yet so I'm waiting on that to really start to push it. I'll see if I can get it this weekend.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #2425
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I feel like a scrub because I'm a casual and non-seasonal not HC player

Just finished up grabbing the parts to extract legendary items with the cube, also whilst doing that grabbed 1/4 of the organs for the Hellfire.

Really wish I didn't sell that one legendary that spreads Exploding Palm a long time ago because it'd be very useful now...

Old 05-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #2426
Poison-
Nope

Very few people play HC. Though if you want to see what builds are good, go to http://www.diablofans.com/
Old 05-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #2427
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

GR57 completed on my DH, finishing leveling LGems for my Monk then it is just Ancient upgrading and doing caldesann upgrades for them

Gearing out a Wizard right now with the Firebird set, kind of excited (although I really do enjoy Archon)

I want to try the LoN build on a character but I don't know who does the best with it. Any thoughts?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #2428
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

hc in d3 is fucking stupid because you can die to things you thought you killed like 5 minutes ago or you can die to stuff totally out of your control

like their idiotically "optimized" servers

ya blizz thanks for the sick 1440 MS Pingslide to McNasty Grift Boss
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:53 AM   #2429
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Yeah I would never play HC seriously.

Got a fast clear on GR72 last weekend. Can probably push 75+ since I got an ancient weapon. 72 was pretty fast, it's mostly luck with wizard builds anyway it seems.

Still not even close to optimized though, I have no CDR on my rings. 80+ is definitely possible for me this season if I can get a few more good drops.

Last edited by Reach; 05-27-2016 at 05:54 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #2430
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Yeah I would never play HC seriously.

Got a fast clear on GR72 last weekend. Can probably push 75+ since I got an ancient weapon. 72 was pretty fast, it's mostly luck with wizard builds anyway it seems.

Still not even close to optimized though, I have no CDR on my rings. 80+ is definitely possible for me this season if I can get a few more good drops.
Damn and I finished GR60 last night and I thought that was a monstrosity, let alone what the 70s hold in store.

I finished gearing my Wizard, Firebird can get cooking if you sit there and build up stacks from Taeguk/Firebird

I need to grab more ancients and level up my LGems past 25 (lol) on the DH.

They wanted me to have the Hellfire Amulet but I made one and it was a let-down so is it really worth it? I have an amulet that naturally came with 100% Crit Damage / 9.5% Crit Chance (Rakoff's).

Old 05-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #2431
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Damn and I finished GR60 last night and I thought that was a monstrosity, let alone what the 70s hold in store.

I finished gearing my Wizard, Firebird can get cooking if you sit there and build up stacks from Taeguk/Firebird

I need to grab more ancients and level up my LGems past 25 (lol) on the DH.

They wanted me to have the Hellfire Amulet but I made one and it was a let-down so is it really worth it? I have an amulet that naturally came with 100% Crit Damage / 9.5% Crit Chance (Rakoff's).
You'll want the travelers pledge amulet set since it's BiS for practically every build now for pushing the higher lvl grifts.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #2432
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZtar View Post
You'll want the travelers pledge amulet set since it's BiS for practically every build now for pushing the higher lvl grifts.
I used to have that along with the compass rose but it was only applying minimal damage bonus and all reduce damage taken because of constant movement, plus the way I'm doing solo grifts is multishotting in a direction at least half a room away so I'm not in peril of dying (because I only have like 380k HP and everything past 50 one shots me

It's just I'm pumping out way too much damage and I don't want to lose the slightest amount because even that 60 last night was pretty easy

Damage: 1,191,661 (MS Crits are above 7 billion)
Toughness: 22,794,148
Recovery: 1,619,486

It's tough to lose the 56% chance to crit or the 450% damage bonus

EDIT: They want me to have either Hellfire or Ess of Johan for Amulet slot :\

Last edited by _Zenith_; 05-27-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Old 05-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #2433
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

You should be able to gear up a UHE DH to do 70 pretty quickly.

Post your gear if you need help. With focus and restraint + hellfire I cleared 70 with my DH last season.

FB Wizard can clear 70 pretty easily. It's only after that that things start to get dicey, mostly because there is no way to get more toughness other than paragon and it doesn't really scale well enough to do anything anyway.

So you go full glass and just hope for good rifts lol

Last edited by Reach; 05-27-2016 at 09:13 PM..
Old 05-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #2434
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
You should be able to gear up a UHE DH to do 70 pretty quickly.

Post your gear if you need help. Pledge is better but even with focus and restraint + hellfire I cleared 70 with my DH last season.

FB Wizard can clear 70 pretty easily. It's only after that that things start to get dicey, mostly because there is no way to get more toughness other than paragon and it doesn't really scale well enough to do anything anyway.

So you go full glass and just hope for good rifts lol
My DH is UHE

If you want to take a look: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/76067351

I'm slowly working towards 70 I'm just trying to farm ancient pieces before I continue further

Oh I have Pain Enhancer right now but I'm leveling up Powerful/Stricken at the moment so I can progress

Last edited by _Zenith_; 05-27-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Old 05-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #2435
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I used to have that along with the compass rose but it was only applying minimal damage bonus and all reduce damage taken because of constant movement, plus the way I'm doing solo grifts is multishotting in a direction at least half a room away so I'm not in peril of dying (because I only have like 380k HP and everything past 50 one shots me

It's just I'm pumping out way too much damage and I don't want to lose the slightest amount because even that 60 last night was pretty easy

Damage: 1,191,661 (MS Crits are above 7 billion)
Toughness: 22,794,148
Recovery: 1,619,486

It's tough to lose the 56% chance to crit or the 450% damage bonus

EDIT: They want me to have either Hellfire or Ess of Johan for Amulet slot :\
I thought you were talking about wiz, I only play wiz in d3 so I have no clue about endgame DH setups. That being said, EoJ is p much always a support oriented piece so idk why it would be recommended to you in a solo build. And hellfire amulets with socket + good crit rolls + good passive are practically impossible to make >.> (I've probably made over 100 and haven't seen a single good one yet)

Last edited by DarkZtar; 05-27-2016 at 01:21 PM..
DarkZtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #2436
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
My DH is UHE

If you want to take a look: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/76067351

I'm slowly working towards 70 I'm just trying to farm ancient pieces before I continue further

Oh I have Pain Enhancer right now but I'm leveling up Powerful/Stricken at the moment so I can progress
Your gear is pretty good. You can definitely push to 70 soon.

You need a few major fixes though.

First your DML needs to be replaced immediately. It has no discipline lmao.

You don't need stricken unless you're doing GR 80+. At any other time Powerful is going to be way stronger. Basically you only switch to stricken when killing the RG is impossible.

Are you really using Trags too? You need to be using wraps of clarity. You'll be much less squishy.

Otherwise keep rolling Hellfire from time to time, yeah, but that amulet is gorgeous as is. You don't need pledge as DH, hellfire F+R is way stronger but getting a hellfire that is stronger than that ammy will take a lot of luck.

As such I'd focus most of your rolling on trying getting an ancient Yang. A good ancient will increase your DPS by like 30%.

Also Nabaat, I sense you really like FF13. lol

Last edited by Reach; 05-27-2016 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #2437
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Your gear is pretty good. You can definitely push to 70 soon.

You need a few major fixes though.

First your DML needs to be replaced immediately. It has no discipline lmao.

You don't need stricken unless you're doing GR 80+. At any other time Powerful is going to be way stronger. Basically you only switch to stricken when killing the RG is impossible.

Are you really using Trags too? You need to be using wraps of clarity. You'll be much less squishy.

Otherwise keep rolling Hellfire from time to time, yeah, but that amulet is gorgeous as is. You don't need pledge as DH, hellfire F+R is way stronger but getting a hellfire that is stronger than that ammy will take a lot of luck.

As such I'd focus most of your rolling on trying getting an ancient Yang. A good ancient will increase your DPS by like 30%.

Also Nabaat, I sense you really like FF13. lol
I just replaced the bracers (they were worse than Trags) and I keep gambling bracers if I don't get any drops from GR running but yeah I need wraps asap

I need to find more ancient upgrades though, I keep trying but no good luck lately (DML, Belt, and Yangs)

Stricken helped me clear 61 but I'm waiting on getting a second Powerful gem up to 25 before I switch them

Thanks for the tips

Old 05-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #2438
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Finally got another DML to drop, this time with lower sheet damage stats but now it has +9 Discipline (from 2920% to 3280%) and the proc happens at 60% instead of 51%

I keep reading the best way to grab ancients specifically is to reforge them using the second recipe and that seems impossible now because I'm too lazy to do bounties just to have a 10% chance to get the legendary to be ancient

Still no luck on the wraps so I'm just running GRs/TX rifts for Lgem levels (getting to 45 now) and legendary drops for wraps and maybe a new witching hour belt

I want to start using my Wizard more but tbh I'm not really digging the firebird set. I'm seeing Wizards roll the Archon or Explosive Blast builds and they seem far more potent than the FB one even though once fully stacked you get cooking. Almost lost a GR30 on the wizard because of time not because of damage/survivability.