Old 03-31-2008, 01:06 AM   #21
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Convention: An Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
lol i'm most likely not going next year
I'll half your f*cking plane tickets, you're going you ass.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #22
Kairon
Still Defiantly Index
FFR Veteran

Very epic shtuff.

Good times.

Good times...

i am halfcrash - i make sounds - bandcamp - soundcloud - facebook
Kairon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #23
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by travman301 View Post
YES! West coast Convention!!!

make it happen. lol.

in any case.. if i am still active during this time next year, i will definitely go.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 AM   #24
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
I'll half your f*cking plane tickets, you're going you ass.
deal
Sprite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 AM   #25
Babyvpr
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
FFR Veteran

If a convention/meetup in L.A happens, then I'm there. As for the convention next year in Ohio, I might go if I don't have Mommy Duties.
Babyvpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #26
Sh4d0wD3v1L
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sh4d0wD3v1L

This looks like an amazing time. I think I'll become a regular instead of a lurker and go next year.

How about a Chicago convention? That's only 2 hours from my house, definitely would go to that.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #27
Kairon
Still Defiantly Index
FFR Veteran

'Tis a truly amazing time. Definitely going next year. (Maybe by then somebody will actually know who I am...)

Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 AM   #28
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
drugstore lives about an hour away. he was there last year as well.
i know, he lives really close to me, i could of hitched a ride or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:05 AM   #29
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyvpr View Post
If a convention/meetup in L.A happens, then I'm there. As for the convention next year in Ohio, I might go if I don't have Mommy Duties.
We could go together! =O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 AM   #30
llama499
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to llama499 Send a message via MSN to llama499 Send a message via Yahoo to llama499

also would go to LA i live about 1 hour or less away from LA
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
hehe good thing your not in my division so i dont have to worry about you.
llama499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 AM   #31
Babyvpr
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
FFR Veteran

I'm down for the one in L.A. Silver_Brian, Llama_499, and would most likely go.
Babyvpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:11 AM   #32
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

I'm liking the L.A meet-up idea, even if it isn't one of the "other convention possibilities."

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:03 AM   #33
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Cool stuff, nice pix. L.A? ;-; They're getting farther away D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #34
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishknight View Post
If that's the mcdonalds in Philly train station, I've been there before.

Looks too much familar! ftw.
The McDonald's in Philly Station was sexy, but I didn't take a pic. Damnitttt.

Nah, this was the McDonald's not too far from BGSU. We decided to go there during the convention because our mysterious pizzas that were suppose to come became non-existent. Lol, that's fine though, we had fun here too!

It's like our little sexy version of "The Last Supper", without Judas and some other disciple. I guess Ricki can be Jesus, lol. (Pete and I were there, of course, but we had no place in the pic.)

Like I said... epic.

I might go to Otakon held in Baltimore on my birthday, August 10. I heard FFR is going there? Rides will no longer be a problem here since there would be a groupie.

Convention in L.A. would be sick!

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:49 AM   #35
Kairon
Still Defiantly Index
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax View Post
Convention in L.A. would be sick!
Yeah... if only L.A. wasn't 2,266 miles away...

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #36
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

manti looks exactly like this dude that used to sit at my table.

i mean exactly. Id post a picture of both of them side by side but i dont take pictures of men at school.

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #37
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

chaz broke his car lmao
Sprite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #38
omegawhitemage
Negromancer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
manti looks exactly like this dude that used to sit at my table.

i mean exactly. Id post a picture of both of them side by side but i dont take pictures of men at school.
So you only do it at home then?
omegawhitemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #39
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Needs more Hyperbole.

Flip, Didn't you get pics of a bunch of us on a couch outside the ffr room too? You also missed the hacky sack section where we hacked a mario coin box.

To be completely honest I had the most fun hanging out with people and talking to everyone.

I shoulda brought my camera, I would've taken a bunch of pictures.

Anyway........... Same story from the manticore POV. basically because I'm bored and I don't have another class for like 2 hours. So you guys can read more convention coolness

I woke up Friday morning at 9ish A.M. Showered, Brushed teeth, the usual morning ritual. I even got out the hose and Vaccum. Did a little car wash/clean-out and Windexed all the glass. Needless to say my car was looking sexy.

Flip called me around 10:00 saying he was leaving from philly and would be in Exton soon. But I hadn't packed yet (I'ma lazy **** rofl). So I was all rushing around throwing jeans and shorts and tops into this yellow clamp box thing, Grabbed my sleeping bag and packed up my laptop. I threw it all into the back of the car and sped out to the train station.

Ride there (10-15 minutes) was uneventful. I got to the amtrack station around 10:35 and didn't see any trains. I was worried Flip had already gotten off the train and was wandering around somewhere. But I grabbed the cardboard sign I made from the trunk of the car and sat on the bench waiting the train. I think the train was about 12 minutes late (remember this). When I saw it comming in, I propped up my homemade cardboard & Sharpee Flipsta sign. What a waste of 3 minutes that sign was =( Flip was the only person to get off at the stop. We said sup and hopped in the car off to Pitt.

Coming out of the train station around the mall, Some Idiot on a cell phone thought it would be a great idea to make a left hand turn during a red light over 3+ lanes of traffic -.- retard almost got nailed twice merging into 100 south. 2 gas stops, 4 tunnels through the Appalachians (Blue mountian, Kittany mountain, and two others I don't remember) and we were in proximity to pittsburg. We got off the turnpike onto some road Yahoo! maps told us to go on, and we beheld the great middle of pittsburg with all the gridlock traffic we could handle for about 45 minutes. We might have gone 1 or 2 miles in that whole 45 minutes, While we made it to pittsburg in about 3 hours. Infuriating. Once we finally got through Pitt, We got lost on some stupid fork and probably lost another 5 minutes in this neighborhood we weren't supposed to be in. After we turned around we got back on the road and took the fork the other way and a few minutes later, we picked up Thunderstrike687.

Thunder's pretty cool. He was all set when we pulled up, and kicked Flip out of shotgun xD. Thunder called shotty in the animatathon thread like 2 weeks ago. From thunder's house, we drove over to lumphoboextreme's. Lumpho was supposed to get over to Thunder's somehow, but It didn't happen, so we went over to pick him up.

15-20 minutes later we picked up lumpho. and Wow. There is only one word to explain Lumpho. Quiet. I tought the guy with the most gameplays on FFR would be like ADD or OCD or something like that. I think he said hi or something and then didn't say a word the entire trip unless he was directly spoken to. Everyone else packed some type of suitcase/backpack, Lumpho had a plastic bag you would get from Home Depo or something with all his stuff in it. Anyway, I took the best piss ever at lumpho's house (seriously though it was like a glorious minute of fluid release after holding it for about an hour). We hopped back into the car (Which by now had white stripes up the front of the hood from trucks throwing salt at it in the Appalachians). and headed off again

Not long after picking up Lumpho, we crossed states into Ohio. We saw some of the flooding that they've been having up here around Youngtown? or something. There was about 3 feet of water around every tree. The welcome center is 40 miles into Ohio, Which doesn't really seem that welcoming "Hi welcome to Ohio! thanks for visiting. Our welcome center is 40 miles that way. Yes, we know it should be like 5-10 miles from the boarder to make it seem more welcoming". It's basically a trap. You see, Ohio wants you to think that it has trees and some type of scenery, and for like the first 40 miles it does. (we stopped at the welcome center here for gas and food. Me thunder and lumpo got McDonalds, Flip got Sbarro [pizza]). and we got back in the car, gassed up and headed off.

Cornfield

Cornfield

Cornfield

Cornfield

Cornfield!!!

Ohio is nothing but infernal cornfields. 200 solid miles of Cornfield. It's the most boring landscape anyone ever wants to see. Mile after mile after mile of cornfields. Needless to say, we couldn't get through Ohio fast enough. Anytime someone blocked the fast lane, we did the finger waggle (basically, the finger waggle is taking your pointer finger, pointing at the guy in front of you, and then pointing to the slow lane). In most cases it worked, and the people moved out of my way. We probably averaged 95 MPH through Ohio

A solid 2 and a half hours of cornfields later, we crossed over into Michigan and got to Ann Arbour. We screwed up another fork in the road, and drove for probably ten minutes before realizing we took the wrong fork, (Passed Michigan Stadium holy crap that thing is huge up close). Anyway we drove back, took the fork in the correct direction the second time, and Parked in a parking garage near Pinball Pete's and Bubble Island. We spotted the crew eating dinner at a local Pizza place, so we stopped in and introduced everyone, Then the group kinda split up, Ricky took a bunch of people to Bubble Island and Me and the other half of the group went into Pete's.

Pete's was your normal arcade, shooters, classic games like pac man, DDR, ITG (The ITG machine was on a DDR machine's base), Air hockey. Fun stuff. I played air hocky with synth, Synth beat me 2 games to 1, but it's alright, because I got to beat flip later In largly lopsided games. Me and thunder were lossless in several air hockey double's matches. I played a shooter (confidential mission) with Tass, and beat his score by 5000 or something. After this, thunder and I got bored, and we went over to bubble Island for drinks.

Bubble Island is hard to expliain. They have a bunch of drinks, and they put these jelly-bean like bubbles in your drink. (The bubbles are softer than jelly beans, maybe equivelent to a really soft gummy bear). Needless to say the drinks were outstanding. Everyone needs a bubble Island near them. We headed back to pinball pete's with our Bubbles and played a realistic shooter game Ricky challenged me to. I failed the first 2-3 times, finally passed it on the 4th game, and then top 5'ed it 5th game. Thunder Highscored it 3 times. Needless to say, FFR took over the leaderboard of that game.

Somewhere in this I played Skiball with flip, and won a bunch of tickets. We had like 60 tickets, and we won a lolipop and a superball. Shortly after this, we headed over to Ricky's (11:30 ish) The drive there was pretty cool, I harrassed Chaz and Ricky by driving next to them on the freeway and wiggling my car, putting on the 4-way flashers, putting on my turnsignal in one direction and turning the other. Fun stuff. Thunder brought some V-snare CD's and we listened to some ****ed up song about killing childeren and mutilated bodies floating in the water. We also listened to the full version of Smarzar, which was cool.

After this, we got to Ricky's and upacked for the night. Ten people stayed at ricky's. Myself, Hammy, Chaz, Flip, Pete, Jellygod, Sprite, Drugstore, Thunder and lumpho. My comp couldn't connect to ricky's wireless, so we played stepmania on it. sprite's had ffr or SM going and Drugstore's usual computer had ffr going. We probably played till 2:30 or 3:00. Lumpho was the first to crash "Hey Ricky! What's this lump on the floor under the red blanket? Oh, know what. Nevermind" I'm pretty sure everyone was asleep by 4 A.M.

We woke up the next morning to Sympathizer being blasted by Flip's phone. I think I went back to sleep after waking up. 10 people took turns using the shower. (I totally got up and saw Jelly leave the shower, and I hopped in). Cut in front of Hammy and someone else =P my bad. and we packed back up and follwed Ricky to this resturaunt called Mom's. Ricky got Saginyaki or something, which noone knew wtf that was untill the waiter came over with a plate of cheese and lit it on fire. We were all like !!!!WTF!!!! and Somehow Ricky told us they light salads on fire here too. That gave a laugh. Everyone else got eggs or some type of platter, and we got the checks.

Now FFR user, when you enter the resturaunt, what is the one thing, really the only thing you need to bring?

Jepordy music

dooo dooo doo doo du do du do duu du doo doo duu dut dododododododo du du du du doo doot doo doo dut dododododo doo du dut BING time up lets see your answer.

FFR user did you answer this------>(Highlight) MONEY!!!

If so you are right! Please tell Lumphoboextreme this. He seriously came into the resuraunt without money. It was hilarious.

After this we went to bowling green, I blew past ricky and Chaz after I knew we were on the right road, (lol broken radar trap suck that cops) and arrived at the convention probably 15-20 minutes before them.

The convention was pretty good, Rockband got annoying after about 12 hours of the same 3-4 songs. Personally, I though the camera was worked better last year. there was a lot of rockband on camera this year, and not enough ffr/SM. Also, DDR wasn't hooked up, so there was none of that. I think the convention was actually better as a social event than as a gaming event, but thats just IMO.

Around 9 we went over to Mcdonalds. (everyone was sick of Rockband, so we chilled there for a while, Discussed hackers, ffr users, Lumpho's not talking, and just whoring ffr. I think Gnr61 blackflagged eradication in front of thunder when we got back. The internet there got crappy and kept dropping the webcam after 6 or 7. It honestly took me an hour to load degenerates on Tass's laptop.

Around 11:30 everyone started leaving, and me flip, thunder pete and lumpho headed to our hotel. Once we got there we played a little more FFR, I 4 gooded Famoz again. and then hit the sack.

The morning blew, We were planning on leaving the hotel by 7:00 AM, but no one got up untill about 8:00. Ricky picked Pete up, but Pete almost missed his flight (by a minute). We sped out to Pit, (reached thunder's house by 12:30, and he agreed to take Lumpho home which was a HUUUUGE time saver, Thanks man.), got back on the turnpike by 1:00, Passed K_lolol plate lady somewhere in there and Flip gave her a thumbs up, was at midway PA by 2:22, We passed K_lolol plate lady again and flip gave ner another thumbs up, but from here, traffic blew ass. I couldn't go my standard 105 MPH, and could only average 80-85 most of the way. Flip's train got to the Exton staion at 4:16 on the dot, and we got there at 4:23. It was soooo dumb.

So I had to rush Flip into 30th street station where his exton train connected with his Amtrack. Basically, we were racing his train to Philly. I managed to beat the clock and got him there 10 minutes before his second train left.

On the way back, I got stuck in gridlock traffic, one car had nailed the back of another car, and caused the front car to flip the median, theres 8 lanes in Philly, 4 going in and 4 going out. Going out only one lane was open. Imaging 4 lanes of traffic competeing to get into a single lane. Not fun. It took me and hour and a half to get out of that, and I finally reached my house around 7:00 last night.

I love my car, but next year might buy plane tickets. 1,500 mile round and about 20-23 hours of drive time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-31-2008 at 02:12 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #40
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

LOL, dark. 3 minutes becoming 3 billion years, ay? You are like a regular hyperbole user, haha!

Hahaha! You weren't packed yet? I thought I was the only lazy ass. <3

I got that pic, I forgot to upload it. And I TOTALLY miss the hack sack... I forgot to record that on video. SH*T. It would have been a really awesome vid too. It was you, me, Drugstore, Lonevvolf, lumpho, thunder and even JasonKey joined us! Haha, it was greatttt. Chaz was watching while he was on the PC, and Manti was like trying to hit chaz with the coin box. It was hilarious!

Hey, one of those air hockey games was close. It was tied then I lost concentration and 'let you win'. ;D 6-7 first game, then 3-7 last game. Haha, still, it was awesome.

I told ya I am tired of McDonalds, so I eat Sbarro. Sbarro is sexy pizza in your mouth.

You won on the bowling thing by 9,000. Dude, I could have sworn I was missing a ball, lol!

And those jelly beans are tapioca balls, Manti. They are like these things:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39082280@N00/401257141/

So good.

I'll upload videos and that other pic when I get home from tennis practice later. So Manti, driving again to Ohio next year? xDD

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote