Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-7-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default FFRs Official TWG Rules (jTWG Update 11/03)

Note: ALL rules are subject to change at a particular host's discretion, but will be assumed to be these rules unless specifically noted otherwise at the start of a specific TWG by said TWGs host.

Note: ALL rules are subject to change by TWC.

The basics and overview can be found here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=18844

Variations and other rules can be found here:
http://www.princeton.edu/~mafia/rules.htm

Specific Rules:

1. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason. Moderators are not allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts for ANY reason. FFR members not playing in the TWG are not allowed to post in it for any reason and may be subject to penalty for repeated violations. Moderators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread.

2. ONE brief death message is allowed the day after someone is wolfed. No information about the game may be said. A Player who is lynched may not post again after they are killed.

3. Players are not allowed to reveal their PMs to anyone else, show screenshots of their PMs to anyone, nor use information within their PMs as a method of confirming humanity. Players are not allowed to reveal conversations relating to the game with the game's host to any other player. Players may not post screenshots of conversations they have with other players.

4. An Insta-Lynch is considered MORE than 50% of all votes on any given day. Phantom votes are considered a minimal fraction of a vote for all intensive purposes (ex. .001 of a vote). If there are 7 players and no phantoms, 4 is needed for an Insta. If there are 8 players and no phantoms, 5 is needed. If there are 7 players + 1 phantom (7.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (3 real + phantom = 3.001, which is not greater than 50%). If there are 8 players + 1 phantom (8.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (4.001 is greater than 50% of 8.001).

4a. In the event of a tie vote, the Vice President of the United States casts the tiebreaking vote.

4b. Rule for multiple phantoms: any phantom above the 1st shall be treated as a full vote. 2 phantoms = 1.001 votes, 5 phantoms = 4.001 votes. All rules of 4 still solely apply for persons with multiple phantoms.

5. Cheating of any kind (through abuse of the rules stated here, or anything that is determined cheating by a majority of the players) will result in that players immediate death (not counting as that days lynch), and they will be subject to a banning of length to be determined by TWC.

6. The dead can not talk to the living about the game. If the dead are found to be walking still, they shall be subject to the cheating penalties. It is not the responsibility of the living to silence the dead.

7. Imitating another player (dead or alive) through a fake AIM/FFR nickname is cheating and is subject to the cheating penalties.

8. No player, under ANY circumstances, is allowed a free passage into a future TWG. Not if they are killed night 1, not if they are the MVP of the previous game, not if they hosted the previous game. Of course, whichever mod unlocks the sign-up thread will easily be able to sign up.

9. No player may vote over AIM. Ex: IMing the host saying who you vote for. There is no explainable reason for this. If someone can access the internet, they can access the forums. IMing the host and asking them to post a message on your behalf is at the host's discretion.

10. All new players to TWG are strongly recommended to play in at least 1 jTWG first. If a new player wishes to bypass this and be allowed into a TWG, they must write 2-3 paragraphs on why they think they should be allowed into TWG and it must be approved by 4/5 of the TWC. Note: 99% of new players will be required to play at least 1 jTWG before being allowed in TWG.

11. NO PLAYER MAY BE ALLOWED IN BOTH A JTWG AND A TWG AT THE SAME TIME. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

12. TWC (Chardish, Tass, Kilga, Blah, Guido) have final say on all matters TWG. Any TWG related issue should be brought to one of the 5 council members.

13. Addendum to the first note at the top if this post: A host may not prematurely remove a player from the game unless they are caught cheating. If a player requests removal because they no longer wish to play or because they will be gone for an extended period of time, the host/former player should seek a replacement rather than eliminate the role altogether. If a host wishes that a player who signs up be removed from the game, they must consult the TWC on the matter, providing both the person and the reason they should be left out.

14. Because for some reason, all of you are f*cktards. For the wolves to win a game, they must outnumber their human counterparts during the day. If there are 3 wolves left out of 6 players on day 6, the game is NOT OVER. Do not try to argue otherwise about this. The remaining humans CAN force a knife-in-the-box situation causing a wolf to die, then making it 2 wolves in 4 players on day 7. The 2 remaining humans can force another knife-in-the-box situation causing a wolf to die, then making it 1 wolf in 2 players on day 8. The 1 remaining human can force a final knife-in-the-box situation causing the final wolf to die and a human victory. (In-game rationale for the above rules: The wolves are normal humans during the daytime and not strong enough to completely overpower the humans in one-on-one combat. Night is a different story - they get their one kill and then the humans are outnumbered come daytime.)

jTWG to TWG rule
If you'd like to move from jTWG to TWG, you must demonstrate an ability worthy of TWG by helping your team win at least 1 jTWG and by being active. TWC is working on a better definition for this jump and will update this rule when it is finished.

These rules are set as of 2:30am EST on 11/03/05. If there are any rules that need to be changed/edited, please post them here and myself, chardish, or LD will update this post and delete yours.
Old 01-7-2005, 06:22 PM   #2
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743
Default RE: FFRs Official TWG Rules

I think that no SSing of PMs should be in there, just in case someone thinks that is allowed.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 01-7-2005, 06:46 PM   #3
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

tass, i think the phantom vote rule is a bit poorly made. What if someone gets two phantoms? In that case, your rule is faulty. I would say treat a phantom as .999999999999999 of a vote, and, when a person with a phantom vote is about to get instalynched, that it counts as an additional player in the game for instalynch totals.

Old 01-7-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

How about, Phantoms count as half a vote? That's easy to understand, it doesn't instantly make it the majority, and it's easy to understand.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-7-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

yeah, .001 is wrong because 2 phantoms stronger then 1 regular... but less then 1 regualr 1 phantom... so it has to = .500000001 or greater

Old 01-7-2005, 08:19 PM   #6
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

well... for the time being it'll stay as is... we've only had 1 situation with someone getting more than 1 phantom, and i don't think it'll be a problem in the future either... i'll talk with ld/chardish about it.

and, flypie... that is said in #4. no revealing PMs.
Old 01-7-2005, 08:25 PM   #7
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

But, I would add in there to specify, no screen shotting them.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 01-7-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Wait.

TASS is making the rules?

TASS?!

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 01-7-2005, 08:55 PM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

have a problem with what i stated? just because i don't always follow the rules doesn't mean i don't know them and can't write them down. plus, i've accepted and am serving my punishment with no complaining whatsoever. i see no reason whatsoever that i should have to defend myself on this, and i will not do so again.
Old 01-7-2005, 09:00 PM   #10
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

You certainly tried to argue yourself unjustly.

And you writing them down is not bad, except that you know and can therefore exploit every god damned loophole you sneak in. This is not a good thing.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 01-7-2005, 09:02 PM   #11
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Tass, don't respond.

Qreepy, stop.

We're supposed to be discussing what should be fixed in these rules. That's why I'm guessing Tass left this open for replies.
Old 01-8-2005, 02:18 AM   #12
User6773

I'm working on a full version of the rules. Super-official style. Until then, locked.

Old 01-8-2005, 07:44 AM   #13
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

4b added to deal with multiple phantoms. it solves the problem very nicely.
Old 01-8-2005, 09:16 AM   #14
User6773

But you're wrong about phantoms anyway. The idea behind the phantom is that the person's silence makes the team more suspicious of them, which drives them to action faster.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #15
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Updated! Read the new additions!

Also: Not a rule, but the council decided that IRL relations are allowed to play in TWGs with each other. We are warning those who decide to play with people they know to use caution. Incidental cheating will still be punished.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #16
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Minor rule update concering players being removed at the host's discretion.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Closed Thread