9. The Beast - Deamerai
  10. Jump Up, Super Star! (TLT Remix) - gold stinger
  11. Eine Kleine Funkmusikk - M0nkeyz
  12. Ani Mevushal (VisD)
  13. I Like It - gold stinger
  14. MIDI Beach - suicidaln00b
  15. looming shadow of a tree long gone - EzExZeRo7497
  16. Exam Cram (ilikexd)
  17. kiss the sexy robot ultimate championship 201X!!! (VisD)
  18. Railing - ositzxz369
  19. RENDEVOUS (bmah)
  20. HeadXplit - gold stinger
  21. Brostep Strikes Back - Psychotik
  22. Fotværk (hi19hi19)
  23. Raspberry Railgun (bmah)
  24. Trap Funk - Matthia
  25. J-CORE SLiCER Technique (AutotelicBrown)
  26. Revenge (TC_Halogen)
  27. breathe (AutotelicBrown)
  28. Brrrreeed Cicadididi (bmah)
  29. TURBO (Psychotik)
  30. E-Lextixilent (Elekton)
  31. Ex nihilo (VisD)
  32. Happy Arnold=) (hi19hi19)
  33. We Want To Run (Gradiant)
  34. Tap on Damen (Pizza69)
  35. Air Nad Adrian (Deamerai)
  36. Don Pardo Pimpwagon (ilikexd)
  37. Zen'on (AutotelicBrown)
  38. eccentric ghost channel as Poltergeist (VisD)
  39. Cobra Commander (ositzxz369)
  40. Gentleman (Areia Remix) (hi19hi19)
  41. Benson & Hedges (Venetian Snares Remix) (ositzxz369)
  42. GREEN HOODIES (ilikexd)
  43. Naive Hopelessness (VisD)
  44. Snorestop (hi19hi19)
  45. Vantablack (TC_Halogen)
  46. Cheeseburger (TC_Halogen)
  47. Pizza Hat - M0nkeyz
  48. Armageddon (AutotelicBrown)
  49. Rain (psychoangel691)
  50. Blackmagik Blazing (Psychotik)
  51. Sakura Fubuki (Arrange Ver) - Ghost_Medley
  52. Smash and Burn - M0nkeyz
  53. Sunset Sky Garden (gold stinger)
  54. Marianas Trench (Pizza69)
  55. Gamma Stop Giving Me Hard Bags - Ghost_Medley
  56. INSANE INFLAME (DarkZtar)
  57. Track title (klimtkiller)
  58. Schmollbluk (choof)
  59. Zygourous Distribution (hi19hi19)
  60. Circle Pit (ositzxz369)
  61. Robert Desire (Ghost_Medley)
  62. Hornet - Psychotik
  63. Chronomia (DarkZtar)

Conditional
  1. Tower of Heaven -full moon revenge- (suicidaln00b)
  2. Gym Leader Battle Music [Hi Tech Remix] (M0nkeyz)
  3. Good Life (AutotelicBrown)

Rejected
  1. Cerise (Qrrbrbirbel)
  2. Dads In Space (Qrrbrbirbel)
  3. The Last Page (M0nkeyz)
  4. Where's Bill - mi40
  5. Vibe - qrrbrbirbel
  6. Whitey's Ice - Deamerai
  7. life flashes before weeb eyes - Psychotik
  8. rainbow - Ghost_Medley
  9. ELECTRIC HEX (DarkZtar)
  10. Nhelv - qrrbrbirbel
  11. Nhelv - Deamerai
  12. Patron Tequila (Remix) (mi40)
  13. FREEDOM DiVE (XelNya)
  14. Lavender Town (Remix) (Xtreme2252)
  15. Reality Hits You Hard Bro (mi40)
  16. Mad Maestro (trumaestro)
  17. Corporal Jigsre Quandary (mi40)
  18. The Government (qrrbrbirbel)
  19. Stress Fracture (trumaestro)
  20. Vast Universe (mi40)
  21. Vida (Xtreme2252)

Unjudged
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 07-21-2020 at 05:16 AM..
Old 06-8-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament 13

All notes will be getting posted in this thread for this batch
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 06-9-2020, 08:59 AM   #3
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

i was wondering if someone had stepped hard bags :eyes:

Old 06-9-2020, 06:51 PM   #4
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Judge: TC_Halogen

Forgotten (EzExZeRo7497) [8/10]
Song Artist: The Ghost of 3.13 -- Perms: OK

- two mp3 files and two SM files; ensure these issues are fixed for future submissions - thankfully this one was easy given that they have the same date modifications
- the idea of increasing note color by halving the BPM is an acceptable idea, but it does make pieces of the chart have blue-note syndrome -- though thankfully, the pace of the song makes it not the most glaring thing in the world
- 25.597: I really like this pattern; I feel like you could get a perfect representation visually by only having the first and third notes colored, but this definitely works well
- overall, accuracy in structure and rhythms are solid - though there are some very minute issues dispersed throughout; some examples:
--- 15.758: this kick should be a 64th later
--- 27.037: this short buzz isn’t quite right; it’s both short like earlier instances but also ignores an actual percussive overtone just a moment later at 27.187
--- 30.157: technically the notes in this trill should be delayed a 64th; not a huge deal
--- 30.427: this and the next 32nd should be 16ths
--- 32.557: another instance where it should be delayed a 64th
--- 36.757: this is a cutoff cymbal; might need a bit more emphasis than a single note
--- etc.
- 1:20.797: missing triple for cymbal crash
- 1:27.757: ^; there are other instances of cutoff crashes that have a similar intensity as the missing ones that aren’t accented and there doesn’t seem to be some deliberate avoidance in place as there are instances of 16ths colliding right into them in other places
- 1:42.157: definitely feel like a better pattern choice could be applied here
- solid file, could use some minor structural improvements but by no means is this unacceptable

HeadXplit (gold stinger) [7/10]
Song Artist: Rotteen -- Perms: OK (alias)

- excellent pattern usage in the opening
- syncopated jump usage could be a bit better in the opening, but I do understand the concept
- 31.215/31.809/(etc): these kicks could use a little bit more color, give them a bit more attention in terms of accenting
- 49.480/(etc): change this to a [23] to keep that sectional relevance you’re establishing with that “squeaky” synth - this was a nice touch and it’s a shame it’s not entirely followed through
- this color stuff is silly, but I like the expression overall
- for the stream starting at 1:17.242: check your jump syncopation, as there are some instances where you don’t really have to reduce to follow the rhythm and still make a mistake (1:17.390, 1:18.578, 1:19.766, etc)
- if you’re going to have that kind of abrasion at 1:28.156, you should also constrain patterns whenever given an opportunity to; make 1:28.527/1:28.675 the same for example
- 1:45.751: not a fan of how layered this break is, but it’s acceptable
- 1:55.477/1:57.259/1:58.447/(etc): missing note(s) for synth - it’s not being consistently/appropriately represented
- 2:12.330: this brief sprint stands out like a sore thumb; melody doesn’t really change here at all
- last stream could have better jump placement to capture the melody, but I do think the stream climax for the end is very appropriate and the theme of forcing abrasion into triples at times works nicely
- jump usage needs to be cleaned up a bit in the second half, file’s not too bad though - fix that up a bit and you should be good to go

Hornet (Psychotik) [6/10]
Song Artist: RichaadEB -- Perms: OK

- 10.584: incorrect rhythm (it’s gonna be a quantize of 64ths/192nds since you’re doing triplets within triplets)
- 14:257: fairly certain the BPM needs a reduction here; the three 12th notes are very early at 14.869/etc
- 19.767: not quite the right rhythm; last note needs to be down a 48th
- 20.482/21.502: missing note(s) for guitar
- 23.441: this isn’t quite like a tremolo; you have two different notes that are alternating perfectly on 24th notes so they should be added here
- 26.094: remove this jump and put it on the next 24th note down to properly capture the snares
- 30.227: another missing guitar note, this one’s a bit tougher to hear since it’s a grace note fighting through the percussion
- 30.380/(etc): the alternating D/U is good if you’re capturing the snare, but it goes a bit too long because of the [LD] U that happens as a result of including layering
- 37.727: incorrect rhythm (much like earlier with the triplet within triplet idea)
- 38.033/(etc): another missing guitar note; keep an eye on the notes for the melody and make sure you’re accommodating for them all
- 40.380/40.788: let your patterning handle the melodic representation; there’s no need to add the jumps for this
- 42.344: improper rhythms, similar to earlier
- 48.543: I like the idea of the buildup with jumps here, but the 24th stream should definitely keep running through here, it’s still pretty present
- 50.380: more rhythm stuffs
- 58.339: while the rhythm’s not quite right, it works effectively enough because it puts the faster sweeps when the note is most audible, which generally works
- 1:15.482: solid visual recognition for these streams to the guitar, though 1:16.298 is a bit of a jarring transition in terms of feel
- 1:22.727: why aren’t all three of these jumps?
- 1:27.727: check rhythm again (same as earlier instances)
- 1:30.175: BPM should reset to 147 here instead of 1:32.624
- 1:46.715: you’re pretty insistent on locking patterns for colored notes; this should be a R just like it is many other times before
- 1:59.563: more rhythm stuff
- 2:01.604: three repeated up arrows kinda give an indication that there might be something worth accenting, but it’s not quite there
- 2:08.747: same as 19.767, last note should be moved a 48thh
- 2:13.441: more rhythm stuff
- 2:15.482: appears to be a mirror or very close variant from here on out with the trills and index-crossy patterns, so pertinent issues brought up in earlier section apply here
- 2:33.849: ...this confuses me. This is a much closer, accurate representation of what the rhythms should be, but it’s incorrect in numerous areas, heh.
- chart’s got a solid foundation but definitely needs some cleaning up at times

I’m A Fucking Idiot (Deamerai) [8.5/10]
Song Artist: Venetian Snares -- Perms: OK

- 45.391: nope
- 1:51.108: downright cruel, jesus
- there’s a lot of short OHTs in this that I don’t feel are necessary
- this chart is absolutely disgusting, yet feels stupid fun

Inferno of Fomalhaut (bmah) [9/10]
Song Artist: fallen shepherd ft. ricono -- Perms: OK (alias)

- rhythm on opening trills are a touch off
- 12.819: missing guitar note
- 13.420: it might be a good idea to either remove this one-handed trill, or come up with another place to put one because it’s kinda glaring and out of balance
- 1:14.953/1:16.220: I really like the accenting, but colliding into a triple is pretty rough at 225 BPM 16ths equivalent -- this is a bit more glaring in the second instance where you actually have to continue afterward; perhaps make the note before the triple a single?
- 1:49.420: this is evil, holy shit hahaha
- this song and file are fuckin’ great. Menacing song, fantastic chart overall.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 06-9-2020 at 06:59 PM..
Old 06-9-2020, 07:12 PM   #5
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Trying to dust my rusty judgement skills off as well to help out, only looked at one so far but wanna try to keep posting as much up as fast as possible. I'm just putting accept, conditional or reject on mine though.

INSERT COIN (bmah) [Accepted]

Absolutely loving this song and chart, really great for an OT pick for sure. A few of the triples are going to be tricky given the level player this will likely go to, but they make sense haha. I would definitely add something at 1:19.300 just because it's a pretty pominant sound, and maybe something at 52.112 1:07.112 as those are pretty noticable as well. This song is a bop and I can't wait to use it.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-9-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

whoa these are being judged already
Old 06-9-2020, 08:24 PM   #7
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post

Forgotten (EzExZeRo7497) [8/10]
Song Artist: The Ghost of 3.13 -- Perms: OK

- two mp3 files and two SM files; ensure these issues are fixed for future submissions - thankfully this one was easy given that they have the same date modifications
- the idea of increasing note color by halving the BPM is an acceptable idea, but it does make pieces of the chart have blue-note syndrome -- though thankfully, the pace of the song makes it not the most glaring thing in the world
- 25.597: I really like this pattern; I feel like you could get a perfect representation visually by only having the first and third notes colored, but this definitely works well
- overall, accuracy in structure and rhythms are solid - though there are some very minute issues dispersed throughout; some examples:
--- 15.758: this kick should be a 64th later
--- 27.037: this short buzz isn’t quite right; it’s both short like earlier instances but also ignores an actual percussive overtone just a moment later at 27.187
--- 30.157: technically the notes in this trill should be delayed a 64th; not a huge deal
--- 30.427: this and the next 32nd should be 16ths
--- 32.557: another instance where it should be delayed a 64th
--- 36.757: this is a cutoff cymbal; might need a bit more emphasis than a single note
--- etc.
- 1:20.797: missing triple for cymbal crash
- 1:27.757: ^; there are other instances of cutoff crashes that have a similar intensity as the missing ones that aren’t accented and there doesn’t seem to be some deliberate avoidance in place as there are instances of 16ths colliding right into them in other places
- 1:42.157: definitely feel like a better pattern choice could be applied here
- solid file, could use some minor structural improvements but by no means is this unacceptable
Thanks for the notes. I actually resent Forgotten about 15 minutes before this thread was made because I saw that there were duplicate files when I was trying to update the chart. I actually wanted to apply a fix to it, but I messed up really badly and forgot to replace the files in the folder for some reason. The newer submission shouldn't have those duplicate files, but it's no big deal since the changes were very minor anyway.

25.597: The bursts here are 20ths, so most of the non-grey notes here are unintentional. I can definitely shift some colours around to make the first and third notes coloured, but I'm kinda skeptical about how this burst would turn out to begin with and I don't really want to aggravate it further.

minute errors:
15.758: Definitely, my bad for overlooking this.
27.037: I feel that the percussive overtone is a bit too muted to be layered in general. I wasn't able to pick it up on 0.9-1.0, at least. Maybe there's a more appropriate way of capturing that percussive overtone, but I don't think that layering would be a good idea in general. I think I'll just make the burst a note longer and offset the last 24th. Not that much of a change and follows the song more accurately.
30.157: Almost every consecutive set of 16th bass kicks is actually supposed to be offset by a 64th in some capacity. I chose not to do it because I felt that it would make the chart a bit visually homogeneous in general. Given your comment here, I assume that it's not that much of an issue, but I wanted to give my thought process behind using 16ths here regardless.
30.427: I forgot to fix this lol, sorry about that.
32.557: same as 30.157
36.757: I overlooked this, thank you.
I saw a few other errors like this, and those are fixed. I'll make further updates as I go through it again. Almost all of the offset bass kicks were already layered in the second half thankfully.

1:20.797: There's a cymbal crash for sure, but I think I omitted this because I felt that the cymbal crash here was too soft relative to the other sounds around it. Using a triple here would be especially jarring given that the other sounds (1:16.717, 1:18.637) that were layered as triples are significantly more salient.

1:27.757: I agree with this one because I think the sounds surrounding it are pretty soft.

All of the cymbal crashes that you're likely pointing out are soft enough where I feel iffy layering them as triples in general (some snares are louder than them), so I end up layering them by feel (or at least, relative to how loud the other sounds surrounding it). A good portion of them ends up being doubles because of the sounds surrounding them. A more aggressive approach would just be to layer anything that's a cymbal crash a triple, but I feel that that creates overly aggressive anchoring and would clash with the lighter but still aggressive approach to the chart. So there is some deliberate avoidance there, but it's not particularly systematic. I'm not sure if there's even a systematic way to go about it because I think the perception of the cymbal crashes really highly depend on the sounds surrounding it unfortunately, and there are many types of sounds surrounding those soft crashes.

That said, I've tried to incorporate a few more cymbal crashes towards the latter half of the chart. Thanks for the heads up.

1:42.157: Not sure of what you mean here, do you just mean pattern configuration? In any case, I tried to fix the PR on this and accenting the last 4 notes with a trill to emphasise the percussion there. I didn't realise how wrong my PR was but I usually never do anyway.

edit: Fixes sent.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 06-9-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Old 06-9-2020, 08:33 PM   #8
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
whoa these are being judged already
Yeppers, plan is for at least 5 per day so people can start getting in any fixes and I'll keep adding in any of the new submissions that come in until it closes.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-9-2020, 08:43 PM   #9
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Made some changes for INSERT COIN and sent fixes.

edit: Also sent minor fixes for Inferno of Fomalhaut.

Last edited by bmah; 06-9-2020 at 09:12 PM..
Old 06-10-2020, 12:05 AM   #10
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Atmosphere (Ghost_Medley) [8/10]
Song Artist: Godspeed -- Perms: OK

- 16.168: missing note for guitar portamento (you do this at 26.723)
- 21.390: the element you were layering for this section gets cut out by the desire to accent percussion here, causing you to miss guitar notes at 21.612 and 21.834 (you return to the guitar mid-section right after the jump); include these notes if you can
- 28.723: missing note for guitar
- 37.612: this note should be a jump with the next one being a single; feels a bit better and clearer from an accenting front
- 1:10.168: another missing guitar note (there’s missing notes at 1:10.834, 1:11.057, and 1:11.390 but them being missing kinda creates a nice syncopation, so you don’t really need these if you don’t want them)
- 1:14.723/1:16.501: these two jumps feel a bit out of place; I know they follow certain instrumental accents but clashing with the snare feels a bit off in this spot to me
- 1:51.723: ghost note
- last 30 seconds are intense, but fittingly so
- chart is a bit back-loaded overall in terms of difficulty but the execution is good

Cerise (Qrrbrbirbel) [5.5/10]
Song Artist: Knasibas -- Perms: OK

- too short for OT consideration
- not much to say about rhythms since the song is simplistic in that regard
- pitch relevance has some glaring issues
- the structure is explicit, but the piano melody and chip fight for jump usage which makes some strange anomalies; for example, jumps at 32.044/53.376 feel a bit weird because both piano and chip have the first four notes but the chip doesn’t play on the fifth note, yet you have six continuous jumps -- this isn’t -wrong- so much as it makes the chart a bit heavier because you don’t really make much a structural change to accommodate for a change in space (this is more of a consideration than a note)
- there’s no purpose/special accent meriting colors at the end compared to the rest of the song; sync up a slowdown rather than utilizing arbitrary color theory
- make sure you catch all repeated notes and clean up your pitch relevance appropriately (13.379, 20.712, 35.377, 36.711)
- song is uneventful; chart could use some more tuning up to at least have more accuracy

Dads In Space (Qrrbrbirbel) [6/10]
Song Artist: Stephen Walking -- Perms: OK (label)

- two of the song cuts are pretty glaring - they’re not badly chopped, they’re just musically glaring because one creates a random 5-beat measure into a new musical phrase (18.301) and I also believe the other one that chops into a phrase that has a lingering sound effect (1:56.310)
- 18.683: this is all the same instrument at different melodies, so having jumps here feels quite heavy, especially given that it’s not as intense as the opening with the percussion and bass groove
- 43.089: as a result of the heavy layering, you can’t effectively catch the build-up to the chorus when the kicks start playing every 8th
- 51.225 and on: the chorus feels like it’s trying to do way too much in terms of accenting -- the layering is controlled in a reasonable way, but there’s just constant argument within your structure about what should take precedence
- 52.878/(etc): these 16ths are unnecessary to place on top of the 24th note synth here
- 1:06.861: should be on L for the brass hits
- 1:08.386: this jump should be removed; it’s the only instance of you following the heavier bass this way
- 1:39.657: first set here should be 24ths, not 32nds (the ones at 1:39.911 are fine)
- throughout the file, though more notably the chorus from 51.225 through the start of the outro, the minijack utilization feels a bit strange at times -- there’s intent on some instances but others feel a bit strange
- this chart struggles to really give focus to something; it tries to focus on everything while also keeping everything minimal and it’s more of a detriment than anything
- the chart does have some fun factor to it - the bursts are in good taste, but the structure needs to be cleaned up

Line-Epsilon (gold stinger) [7.5/10]
Song Artist: nitro -- Perms: OK (BOF)

- 3.382: missing hi-hat
- 16.554: love the pattern repetition, very effective
- 31.366: incorrect minijack placement
- 38.679: move the R off since the other two are following a different instrument
- 38.866: break L off (DU/UR is fine)
- 45.054: move the R off?
- 45.522: two Ls are two different notes; minijack should be on U instead
- 45.991/etc: should be same as next note; in general, check your minijack placement and make sure it’s properly placed
- 58.272: given the five consecutive jumps earlier, should this be a jump too?
- 1:30.804: sounds like 32nds?
- 1:37.554: not seeing a reason for these minijacks here, given such an isolated section (1:38.022 is fine)
- 1:49.554: ^
- 1:55.929 to 2:06.054: numerous missing notes for the melody (1:57.522, 1:58.647, 2:00.897, etc)
- 1:56.772: this 16th should be connected to the next jump in some way due to the repeated notes
- 2:17.585: move the jack to an outer finger to make it a bit easier to read and play through
- some clean up to do, but this is a very solid foundation that can absolutely be improved
- high intensity/impact chart

The Last Page (M0nkeyz) [5/10]
Song Artist: ARForest -- Perms: OK (BOF)

- 11.936: while it’s good that you noticed the change in interval of pitch, it’s still inaccurate because of the two down arrows representing different pitches (this doesn’t happen on your earlier accenting; 19.320 does this correctly with three notes)
- 28.282/etc: all instances of this are incorrect rhythm
- 30.705: pretty solid disconnect between your patterning and the music; the melody that’s carrying the speed of the chart is playing scales/arpeggios, but trills are utilized -- doesn’t quite feel right
- 52.859: lots of repeated taps that are unclear - especially with the jumps here seeming to catch the guitar, though even that’s not quite consistent as there’s a missing jump at 58.859 and there’s other jumps for other auxiliary layering
- 1:07.628 to 1:22.397: a lot of the notes here are ghosted as the piano samples do not play on all 24th notes; additionally, the rhythmic error with 32nds is compounded in this section too
- 1:29.782: this is actually a nice buildup
- 1:40.859/(etc): similar problem as earlier; very trill-based patterning when the music doesn’t call for it; jumps are at least in the right place, though
- 1:54.474: 32nds here are also incorrect
- chart needs work; the structure is there in a basic form but it’s not the most applied to the music; additionally, some rhythms need work as a result of misquantizing
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #11
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Sent in fixes for Line:Epsilon, will send in fixes for HeadXplit, just very split for free time to do so sooner rather than later.

- Tosh 2014

Old 06-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #12
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i submitted changes to track title, hopefully no one started judging it yet, lol. i had been procrastinating.

i still dont know how to step the ending
Old 06-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #13
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i'm a fuckin idiot LET'S GOOOOOO
Old 06-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #14
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Submitted fixes for HeadXplit.

- Tosh 2014

Old 06-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #15
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Back 2 Ze Core (ositzxz369) [8/10]
Artist: S.I.M. On Kor Funkle -- Perms: OK

- 12.957: glaring incorrect PR on this note (best on U)
- 26.152: technically this is a missing jump
- 40.012: moving this one note to R will make the pattern a bit easier since there’s not the strain of a 3-arrow jack on U
- on another note, those burst patterns are jarring being so mini-trill heavy; this isn’t to say they’re bad for playability, given that they’re mostly 3-note mini-trills
- 1:12.859: these are two different percussion samples, so a [UR] minijack isn’t quite accurate
- 1:16.736: technically there is a sound on the 32nd, but it’s so insignificant that keeping it in the same flow as the rest of the roll which follows the audible kicks is a little awkward; move it out of the way (a R will do fine)
- 1:24.268: technically these should be delayed a bit but it’s not a big deal since it’s still pretty apparent what’s being accented
- this song is one giant meme and I love it, aha
- chart’s pretty well polished overall - quite rudimentary and nothing stands out as amazing, but it’s effective and does the job.

Brostep Strikes Back (Psychotik) [7/10]
Artist: Gammer -- Perms: OK

- offset changed from -0.128 to -0.134
- 6.142: is this supposed to be for the guitar? There are other notes to this but I can understand if it’s just signifying the presence of the guitar without intending to follow it over the other samples
- 10.734: should also be a jump if we’re focusing on accenting the incoming snare
- 17.634: likely should be a color note since there’s two pronounced accents
- 19.334: these long chains of repeated 8ths feel a bit off
- 27.200/etc: there’s not really any significance behind making this a jump aside from the synth not falling on a 4th, but you leave 26.667 open as a single too -- additionally, there’s actually a bit of a delay compared to all other notes that places this note on the 16th (at 27.234/etc).
- 30.667: ghost note
- 42.934: since you’re attempting pitch relevance in this section, it can be improved a bit here
- 49.734: tasteful slowdown placement
- 56.934: this section seems to take on direct layering, so a jump here is technically inaccurate as the vocal sample only exists on the two 16ths afterward
- 1:03.934: missing jump?
- 1:12.034/(etc): not necessarily an error, but I feel like with the really strong presence of the repeating motif here, notes like these for the piano get lost since they’re not accented any directly (the white note for claps are great).
- 1:29.634/1:32.834/(etc): missing note for vocal sample
- second buildup also feels a bit weird at 19.334, same reason because jacks
- rhythmic/minor layering issues from the first drop exist in the second half as well
- 2:30.734: this note and the next one are different, so repeated U is not quite right
- this file’s actually got good structure overall; many of the issues are easily fixable - make sure your rhythms are accurate on the finer details and a bit more PR cleanup will do you well

Q.E (Pizza69) [7.5/10]
Artist: Frums -- Perms: OK

- 14.154: kick should be a touch more delayed
- 35.980: should be three-note jack according to earlier parts of your structure
- 57.537 to 1:14.682: throughout this section, there are some missing notes for the snares that you intermittently follow (right after 59.872, right after 1:05.621, etc)
- 1:01.489: missing jump for kick? There a number of others throughout -- some might be more arguable given the other things followed around
- 1:10.583: this is the 64th right before the 12th note you have here; this is where the melodic note lands
- 1:53.585: this staircase pattern is a nice choice, but the accenting of it kinda gets tapered a bit because the section immediately before it is already doing forward streaming - might be necessary to play with patterns a bit more
- 2:01.040: incorrect rhythm
- 2:08.136: I was under the impression that jumps might have been getting ignored as a result of the “solo”-like melody going on, but you get absolutely assaulted here; why are jumps ignored earlier on but not here?
- 2:11.369: first part of this is not 24ths (it becomes correct starting at the 4th a touch later)
- some liberties are taken to keep the colors better quantized than they are by avoiding delayed percussion; it works nicely.
- patterning is solid in a lot of points; I noticed some pretty attentive patterning to the chopped vocals
- solid chart; could more polish but i’d argue good enough as is

Smash and Burn [6.5/10]
Artist: Willrock07 -- Perms: OK

- 0.541: not a big deal, but there shouldn’t be three repeated notes, as the first note and the two notes following are different pitches in the synth bass (you handle this properly in other instances a bit later)
- a common, recurring theme (and potential structural issue) within this chart is the tendency to accent slower guitar tremolos/synth pitch bending with trills -- this is a good idea in concept; however, it frequently shares rhythms common to other elements in the song that are more prominent, which can muddle up the structure:
----- 26.795/26.899 are fine represented with normal coloring because they’re prominent, two notes following it are arbitrarily placed simply as placeholding for the synth pitch bending
----- 27.836: from here, the next six 16th notes are part of the melody which is totally acceptable to have notes for of course, but the stream continues in pacing/appearance and adds what feel like ghost notes at 28.566 and 28.774
----- 29.501/29.604 are accented notes on L/U, but a trill appears here because the subsequent notes follow the wobbling pitch
----- there are other instances of this that make the structure a fair bit clunkier than it should be
- chart could in general be a bit better in terms of pattern placement/pitch relevance (though the minijacks are a nice touch).
- 29.501: missing triple for accent
- 33.875: nice ear on this repetition, good touch -- you should start 34.708 with that same sequence as well for the best attention to detail
- 37.000: this pattern is spicy; very nice way to close out this musical phrase
- 40.542/etc: watch your pitch relevance; these triples shouldn’t be the same
- 1:23.875/(etc): opportunity for a brief little blip if you listen carefully - not necessary, but just something to consider
- 1:20.125: pretty heavy cymbal crash; could be a triple
- 1:42.625: could definitely play with patterns a bit better here; the first part is fine repeating U-D-L repeatedly because that sequence of triplets does repeat the same note a few times
- 1:52.417: some missing jumps here?
- 1:58.563: I know the triple potentially gets in the way here, but with your layering structure, there should be a jump here for the kick, next jump at 1:58.667 removed, then a jump added at 1:58.771
- 2:19.709: missing note
- 2:25.959: no 24ths here
- lots of minor mistakes peppered throughout the chart; however, the structure is definitely promising -- for the most part, the rhythms are accurate and it is coherent
- quite an ambitious attempt, I think this is pretty close to acceptable overall
- get that pitch relevance improved, especially in the faster melodies, and it will play so much better overall

The Beast (Deamerai) [7.5/10]
Artist: Skeeter -- Perms: OK (user-specified)

- 4.848/etc: cute pattern choices to follow the audio panning; I do think you can do slightly better so as to not lock one column to 8 note repetition, but as it stands the idea is creative
- 9.496: could use a colored accent
- 9.646: if this triple is moved to [LDU] instead, you have maximal relevance on the kicks and snares
- 18.043: alright, this sample is now going to have been in two FFR songs; I need to find it for my own musical purposes
- 21.266: should also be a jump
- 23.590: why is there an 8th anchor here?
- 26.739: remove jump
- 40.833: missing note for the swish sound (3/64 before this)
- 48.030: nasty, oof
- 57.625: vocal sample is still going here, should be a 16th later
- 1:20.416: jump seems to follow a rather insignificant sound here
- 1:25.738: feels like there should be a jump here
- 1:33.085: ^, here as well
- 1:40.507: if the piano is part of the layering in this section, then this should be a jump for layering purposes (can be omitted if we’re only working on accenting)
- 1:45.530: not a fan of this abrupt burst; the other one that’s five notes kinda has a pretty long and sharp buzz, but this one you can barely hear, yet the motion is brutally jarring
- 1:51.902: triple doesn’t quite land on any accent here
- this chart definitely needs some more pattern variation - a respectable amount of accenting revolves around [DR] jumps (at least, enough to note it after playing through the chart multiple times)
- highly regimented structure, but it is consistent
- structure is passable; could be a bit improved overall
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-12-2020, 01:31 AM   #16
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:

Back 2 Ze Core (ositzxz369) [8/10]
Artist: S.I.M. On Kor Funkle -- Perms: OK

- 12.957: glaring incorrect PR on this note (best on U)
- 26.152: technically this is a missing jump
- 40.012: moving this one note to R will make the pattern a bit easier since there’s not the strain of a 3-arrow jack on U
- on another note, those burst patterns are jarring being so mini-trill heavy; this isn’t to say they’re bad for playability, given that they’re mostly 3-note mini-trills
- 1:12.859: these are two different percussion samples, so a [UR] minijack isn’t quite accurate
- 1:16.736: technically there is a sound on the 32nd, but it’s so insignificant that keeping it in the same flow as the rest of the roll which follows the audible kicks is a little awkward; move it out of the way (a R will do fine)
- 1:24.268: technically these should be delayed a bit but it’s not a big deal since it’s still pretty apparent what’s being accented
- this song is one giant meme and I love it, aha
- chart’s pretty well polished overall - quite rudimentary and nothing stands out as amazing, but it’s effective and does the job.
@aj: Submitted 2nd draft now, though I have some questions

40.012 - Can you recheck (40.012-42.909) & (49.327-49.996) and see if minimizing the amount of trills improved the sections?
1:12.859 - Not sure what ur saying here. I'm guessing the issue is between the sound stepped as the [12][34] jumptrill of (1:12.146-1:12.591) and the sound stepped as the [34] mini-jumpjack of (1:12.859-1:12.948)? If this is the issue, would it be solved by changing the mini-jumpjack into something that isn't [34] (maybe by doing a [24] mini-jumpjack instead)?
1:16.736 - I moved the arrow into an R, but I shifted the roll pattern to avoid a framer issue. Recheck this to see if it matters.

Last edited by ositzxz369; 06-13-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Old 06-12-2020, 02:11 AM   #17
Pizza69
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sent in fixes for Q.E.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #18
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Fixed everything for Brostep Strikes Back with one comment:
Quote:
- 27.200/etc: there’s not really any significance behind making this a jump aside from the synth not falling on a 4th, but you leave 26.667 open as a single too -- additionally, there’s actually a bit of a delay compared to all other notes that places this note on the 16th (at 27.234/etc).
For this I amended the chart by replacing the jump with a single note and also adding the 16th. Nixing the jump altogether felt weird and ruined the flow of the 12th jacks.

I'll also look at the note for Hornet and probably resubmit for the May/June batch. Sad to see it rejected considering it was one of my favourite charts to play.
Edit: Fixed everything in Hornet, resubmitting.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.

Last edited by Psychotik; 06-12-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Old 06-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #19
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
idiot
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik View Post
Fixed everything for Brostep Strikes Back with one comment:

For this I amended the chart by replacing the jump with a single note and also adding the 16th. Nixing the jump altogether felt weird and ruined the flow of the 12th jacks.

I'll also look at the note for Hornet and probably resubmit for the May/June batch. Sad to see it rejected considering it was one of my favourite charts to play.
Edit: Fixed everything in Hornet, resubmitting.
Are rejected files allowed to be resubbed since this is the tourney batch? That'd be way cool if so cuz I'd love to see Dads in Space make it in there but it'd be understandable if not
Old 06-12-2020, 08:49 PM   #20
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
Are rejected files allowed to be resubbed since this is the tourney batch? That'd be way cool if so cuz I'd love to see Dads in Space make it in there but it'd be understandable if not
I did not resub in the tournament batch, but the regular batch. If I can delete my old submissions and resub in the OT, that would be cool, but unlikely.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.