Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #1141
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

What do you think about Haku's recent posting? Chary seems to like it but I'm still thoroughly unimpressed
Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #1142
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I don't see how I'm not listening or refusing to change what I'm doing right now... I've complied throughout D1 and have complied throughout this phase. If you mean on my reads, if you've noticed, they change too.

I don't know what I did this game to get you riled up, but I apologize for whatever that may be.
Ever since the alien game i’ve felt that if it feels like you don’t plan to progress your reads I should just lynch you.

I was getting that feeling hard when it took dbp and me half an hour to make you give town/scumreads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #1143
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Manti how much, if at all, does charu's claim affect your read on him?
Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM   #1144
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee View Post
Talk to me bout mml, sunfan

Do you think he could unironically call on other people to lynch roundbox when he obviously didn't feel strongly about it as a villager? Specially in a no flip game so it's not like we could clear him off it anyways?

Or nah he's a wolf
yes he could do that as town, and honestly, I think I am more on his side with regard to his use of language there, I don't think it was that big of a deal

people aren't really thinking about being cleared when talking about lynches, or at least I don't think many people are.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #1145
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
What do you think about Haku's recent posting? Chary seems to like it but I'm still thoroughly unimpressed
I rarely know what to do with Hakulyte

Old 10-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #1146
the sun fan
FFR Player

idk
I honestly don't think I can get to the level of confidence that Charu has in Hakulyte without mech info, neee

Old 10-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #1147
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
idk
I honestly don't think I can get to the level of confidence that Charu has in Hakulyte without mech info, neee
I admit, the read I have on Haku is, once again, emotion read, but this time I don't think it's 50/50. I think it's genuine.

If wolf Haku was intimidated, they wouldn't falter the way he did, and then get irritated at another point in time. They would just keep going and post without rethinking all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #1148
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

That's why I think he's crystal clear town for me.

He's exhibiting passive aggressive posts. Something I rarely, if ever, see in Haku. I've never once seen him use these posts as a wolf.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #1149
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Quote:
Charu has pointed out that I am rather subdued this phase, and that's correct, I am.

part of it is school and other commitments, to make it very short, I'm at a time in my life where things are actually going really fucking well for once and I somehow, someway, am not fucking anything up yet. I am reading FFR less than I was as a result, and TWG is part of it.

I don't think my game is seriously hurt, regardless of whatever counterpoint Lar will invariably make to this post. I think I am thinking about the game a rather healthy amount, and honestly, my biggest fault is that I am a coward (sort of like Syhto said) and change my mind due to overthinking.

I feel... good about my position on the game as we stand. Part of it is confidence in certain reads, but part of it is that I feel good, and because I feel good, I feel like I'm playing good.

I still don't know who the wolves are, but what I feel like I do know, is a few towns I'm never lynching.

I have often struggled to read inD. I am never killing him this game. His posts are too good to be a wolf. I do not mean this as a mark against inD. I think there's probably under 5 people in TWG who I think can [consistently] make the points that he has made about some small things like when wv and haku did the thing earlier. I have rarely spoken about how sometimes, when I get an especially good feeling from someone, when I read their posts, I sometimes hear their voice reading the post in my head. Before you commit me to an asylum, I do think that this only happens when I feel like the post is genuine. Its a terrible method that I don't put any stock into, but I put a lot of stock into it historically and I don't think I've been burned on it before because it happens so rarely. The post of "did I just get WV and Haku town from that?" or something like that was the post I heard in his voice. I could be wrong on him being town but honestly, I don't think I can lynch him without mechanical evidence against him at this point.

I think wv isn't likely to do that thing with not reading the op as a wolf. Its... not impossible. But it looks really good. I haven't iso'd him but I wouldn't kill him solely because he appeared to seriously not understand (including bringing it up later which is like a very nice touch if he is a wolf though wolfchat coaching is a thing etc etc) the mechanic of wolf sabotage. I think he's probably town.

I'm a dingus and Charu is town. Claim checks out as far as I can tell. Sorry Charu, that one is my bad.

DBP is playing town in a way that I have high confidence in my meta read. This is probably the weakest one so far, and still it manages to be really strong. The way he questions people is... well, questionable at times, but it is at the same time, vintage DBP town. His... assertions are very... himself as well to be a little vague about something I think I've noticed.

Lastly, and I need to reread her to fully make this read, but I don't think I have seen anything from fg that has made me... afraid of her potentially wolfing this game. Again, I need to read, and I will, to fully assert this read, but based on what I remember, I am not worried about her.

I would kill none of these people without mechanical info against them at this time, which is kind of a ludicrous position to take, I know.

I think there's a couple things I need to touch on to answer some potential questions:

I am not clearing Haku for the earlier mechanics thing. Haku's mind exists on a different temporal plane as I'm sure we all know. I've also made the mistake of... assuming with regards to Hakulyte before and lost a game because of it (albeit it was my own mistake and not anyone elses). I maybe should be. I am not saying that Haku is a wolf. To be honest, aside from maybe Lar, I think he is the towniest person not in my never-kill list. I don't have anything that I L O V E from him yet. I think the answer to his alignment lies within his grouping of neee/manti together even after syhto died, which is an odd line to take, but appears to be a consistent one for Haku. I /think/ Hakulyte is town, I am not locking it in.

Idk, Lar is a buttface basically. He could be really town now. I was recently burned by him in more ways that one, and as I said in the postgame of that turbo, getting slowrolled really, really stings, intentional or not. He is... capable of these emotional outbursts as a wolf, which, if I had to pick something to say about that, I would say that it is impressive that he can summon that spring of emotion upon command. I don't really know what he'd be doing as a wolf here, that's my biggest lack of a case against him; I don't really have anything he's done as wolfy, and regardless of all else, I do think I would have that if he was a wolf.

Aside from that, I don't know how to proceed. I don't know who is a wolf in the remaining group of raeko, roundbox, manti, neee. I also make no mistakes about the game being that simple. I am almost definitely wrong somewhere. But what I do know is, I feel really, really good about the game right now.

I would kill any of those four and... probably be happy as of right now.

I think neee has said words. I think I tend to like neee's style, but it honestly isn't even lacking or anything, I just think other people are higher than him, so its faux POE.

The other three are more real POE. I know there was some pushback to my roundbox vote earlier, I do think that its still a decent place to look.

I would encourage people to tell me where they think I am wrong. You don't even necessarily have to make a compelling case. I know that I can solve this game if I build a wall around the town and make the wolves pay for it. I feel like I am right there.
So let's talk about this

First things first; I agree with a good portion of what Sunfan is saying here.

I also have villa reads on fg, wv, dbp (although this is falling off slightly) and charu (I have a couple reservations here but nothing substantial.

But I don't really get the inD super hard villa read, like, at all. Could be a me thing but meh, feels really weird.

My biggest things I don't like are haiku/mml, basically I think the reasons for then being where they are is super lackluster, and I feel like tha is where you'd put wolf bros in your list so it freaks me out more than a little.

Your wolves are fine, in italics, but on a personal note I don't feel like you've really put much effort into reading me so I'm kid of frustrated by my placement because of that.

And the lack of real thought in your wolves besides "lolpoe" is also troubling.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #1150
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Manti how much, if at all, does charu's claim affect your read on him?
I got thoroughly confused reading that section of the thread and need to go back over it with a fine toothed comb. It sounds like we got no info from the role, so i’m not sure what the point in claiming it even was. I can’t even find the claim tbh.

I doubt a wolf flubs a role claim that hard so probably towny, but it’s not currently factoring into my read at all because I have very little idea what happened there other then the immediate outcome of charu claimed something and was wrong with how his role worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #1151
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I got thoroughly confused reading that section of the thread and need to go back over it with a fine toothed comb. It sounds like we got no info from the role, so i’m not sure what the point in claiming it even was. I can’t even find the claim tbh.

I doubt a wolf flubs a role claim that hard so probably towny, but it’s not currently factoring into my read at all because I have very little idea what happened there other then the immediate outcome of charu claimed something and was wrong with how his role worked.
The info was essentially 2 towns last night, that's all.

The flub was me thinking it was for Twilight.

The flub then turned into me being afraid that the number could be used for the wolves to sabotage, which ended up me being once again mistaken about the mechanics of how wolves guess a number.

That's the short and sweet version anyways.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #1152
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
The info was essentially 2 towns last night, that's all.
2 towns last night asked for a role

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #1153
the sun fan
FFR Player

idk neee, I get why you might be frustrated at my lack of questions, and I get why the inD read probably leaps out at you and stuff its just like

Idk

I'm happy with how I'm playing the game right now. I don't think I'm going to catch you if you're wolfing, at least not for the right reasons, so long as you are present and saying words.

POE is what I have and I know its not good. I know I don't have the game solved as I said. I know it might even be a little lazy. But its still good, I think.

I'm also quite content with my vote for raeko at the moment. Very much so.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #1154
the sun fan
FFR Player

This is a me problem, but tbh no matter how much we interact, I don't think that you're very likely to move from your position on the reads list, and again, that's a me problem.

Honestly, the playerlist is kind... strange, and that's all I'll say about that. It makes me feel like I am already priced into playing this way, and I know I'm not, but it feels like its the most effective way.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #1155
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
POE is what I have and I know its not good. I know I don't have the game solved as I said. I know it might even be a little lazy. But its still good, I think.
POE is what I have and I know its not good to be relying on it this early*
I still think the reads are more good than bad**

Old 10-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #1156
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Quote:
idk neee, I get why you might be frustrated at my lack of questions, and I get why the inD read probably leaps out at you and stuff its just like

Idk

I'm happy with how I'm playing the game right now. I don't think I'm going to catch you if you're wolfing, at least not for the right reasons, so long as you are present and saying words.

I'm also quite content with my vote for raeko at the moment. Very much so.
This post is a whole steaming pile of meh.......
Old 10-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #1157
the sun fan
FFR Player

people who have hangups on inD; why?

I think if you read his posts at the beginning of the phase, it really ought to come across like he is surprised that haku and wv said the things that they said about the wolf sabotage, and I don't think that's too likely to come from wolf inD.

His post yesterday about admitting a potential blindspot, for a lack of a better word or memory of the word he used, in his mentality towards lynching Anti-Pearl also feels unlikely to be the defense a wolf gives.

Can someone tell me why they don't find those things to be townie? And/Or talk to me about why they think inD is wolfy?

Old 10-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #1158
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
This post is a whole steaming pile of meh.......
I know
the world ends with a whimper and not with a bang

Old 10-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #1159
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Like you're literally telling me in the past 20 posts that you don't have any real idea of what to make of haku an then in the same breath telling me you're content with your Poe.

And I saw you doubting your mml read earlier too.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #1160
the sun fan
FFR Player

its honestly kind of boring, yes
yet you agree with most of what I said so

what's wrong with it?
what do I really need to be doing differently?

Closed Thread