Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 11-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice
Default Riots in Ferguson, Missouri

Lately, it's been in the news that officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown. The officer has been on trial and today has been given a verdict of not guilty.

Just wondering what are your thoughts on everything about this situation including the riots that are going on?
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 11-24-2014 at 09:36 PM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Riots in Ferguson, Missouri

Glad Riotpolice posted this. So fitting.

But yeah, some people on the force shouldn't be on the force. The community should be able to vote whether or not these "police" officers should still be getting paid.

Last edited by dashoe93; 11-24-2014 at 10:00 PM..
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

How can I not when my parents watch news like half the time and it's blaring so loud even a closed door cannot keep out Fox News.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotpolice View Post
Lately, it's been in the news that officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown. The officer has been on trial and today has been given a verdict of not guilty.

Just wondering what are your thoughts on everything about this situation including the riots that are going on?
Didn't find it surprising. The police force were prepared for something like this as if they knew it'd happen, and guess what, it did. Kind of telling if their actions were anticipatory in a way, no?
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Well I mean, do you think they would have rioted if the verdict was guilty? I think that if the verdict was guilty/innocent it would not have mattered at all. The mob is there, angry or happy, and the riots would have happened no matter what the verdict would have been.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Didn't find it surprising. The police force were prepared for something like this as if they knew it'd happen, and guess what, it did. Kind of telling if their actions were anticipatory in a way, no?
IMO this says nothing as there would likely be riots either way after a verdict:

Not guilty/no trial- "Police covering up their brutality, gotta fight the man, etc etc!" = Riots.
Guilty- "See we were right all along the police are brutal assholes, gotta fight the man, etc etc!" = Riots.

If a population is looking for a reason to be offended they will find one, the police have to be prepared.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 11-24-2014 at 10:21 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I just..couldn't care less to be honest.
This debate is pointless as both sides have their arguments. I'm not a cop, nor am I black..so this doesn't affect me either way.

Regarding the rioting, I think these people are rioting simply because they can. The police surely can't put down these riots effectively since they're under scrutiny by an entire nation. It's amazing to me that the national guard hasn't been called in to quash this bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #8
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I work in St. Louis, so this is very close to home for me. Here was my facebook post following the news tonight:

Protesting violence with violence is straight up hypocritical. The looters don't want justice, they want witch hunts. I hope that everyone who breaks the law gets arrested and jailed. That includes shutting the people down highways. Lawlessness is never the answer, and highly hypocritical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
It wasn't a not guilty verdict, they decided not to bring the case to trial. There wasn't even an opportunity to weigh innocence vs guilt.
The Grand Jury reviewed all the evidence, including all eyewitness testimony and the phsyical evidence. The physical evidence contradicted most eyewitness testimony. The Grand Jury went through pretty much all the steps of a trial. The entire process took about three months. There was plenty of opportunity to weigh evidence, and their decision reflected the evidence at hand.

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 11-24-2014 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: clarity
TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Forgive me, but I myself am not totally caught up on the whole situation.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #10
beeattack
FFR Player

I think this is tragedy and it's so sad that a boy died at the hands of someone who is supposed to protect us. But we have to acknowledge that we will never know if the police officer's life was truly in danger and whether his actions were truly justified (dangerous territory I know, to say that the end of someone's life was justified). I think that the issue of race is a very important one, but one that can't be answered by this case alone. We simply can't know to what extent Officer Wilson acted how he did because Michael Brown was black or that the officer was even aware of the fact that color played a role in how he responded. I think the big issue and more pervasive issue here is the subconscious racism that people aren't even aware of. I full-heartedly believe that Officer Wilson would have reacted differently was Michael Brown been white. Not because he is a raging racist, but because of the pervasive stereotype that blacks are more dangerous, especially in areas like Ferguson were being black and being a criminal seem to go hand-in-hand in the eyes of the police. While I have no idea whether or not the officer is technically guilty, I hope this case and ones like bring attention to the fact that police men, whether they are aware of it or not, do not treat everyone equally. While none of us are free from making judgements, the more we can expose the stereotypes and assumptions that we make, the more power we have to debunk them.

Sorry this is so long. I have a lot of thoughts on this issue and I'm still not really sure what I think, so my argument might not really be that cohesive or consistent.

10th Official Tournament – D1 – 18th (eliminated in round 4)
11th Official Tournament – D2 – 21st (eliminated in round 4)
13th Official Tournament – D2 – 36th (eliminated in round 1)
Revenge of the Drowned – D1 – 6th (eliminated in round 6)
15th Official Tournament – D2 – 13th (eliminated in round 4)

Last edited by beeattack; 11-24-2014 at 11:07 PM..
beeattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I disagree, this absolutely should have gone to trial and there has been no justice done.
I respect your difference in opinion.

Update:
Several businesses are burning down, many more are being looted, and a group of hundreds of protesters are blocking an interstate. Emergency vehicles cannot reach the flames or the injured.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #12
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

As for the riots that are happening, I don't understand why anyone would do this. Pretend that Ferguson is your hometown and now you are destroying it. Guess what. You look to everyone like you are a badguy. Nobody will let you in their shop, you joined in on the chaos. This whole situation just sucks.

Quote:

Last edited by Riotpolice; 11-24-2014 at 10:48 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I respect your difference in opinion.

Update:
Several businesses are burning down, many more are being looted, and a group of hundreds of protesters are blocking an interstate. Emergency vehicles cannot reach the flames or the injured.
As I said, rioting for the sake of rioting.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #14
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Guilty- "See we were right all along the police are brutal assholes, gotta fight the man, etc etc!" = Riots.
Please give an example where this has happened.

I'm not trying to be a dick either, I really cannot think of a single example where this has happened, whereas vice versa is common.

The Brown family themselves have stated their disapproval of mindless rioting and the "violence begets violence" mentality, so I definitely agree with your last point, these people are only looking to riot for loot and hedonistic pleasures, not justice.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #15
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

a bunch of people raided a liquor store i hope the really good scotch made it into the hands of someone who will actually appreciate it
Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #16
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
You should watch a live feed of what's going on to get a better perspective because yours is way, way off.
Please tell me what burning a building down and looting has to do with anything relating to this case? Shots being fired live in the background, cars being torched, police being assaulted and emergency response vehicles being blocked? Yes..totally justified.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Red Blaster; 11-24-2014 at 11:02 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #17
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to s1rnight Send a message via Skype™ to s1rnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeattack View Post
I think this is tragedy and it's so sad that a boy died at the hands of someone who is supposed to protect us. But we have to acknowledge that we will never know if the police officer's life was truly in danger and whether his actions were truly justified (dangerous territory I know, to say that the end of someone's life was justified). I think that the issue of race is a very important one, but one that can't be answered by this case alone. We simply can't know to what extent Officer Wilson acted how he did because Michael Brown black or that the officer was even aware of the fact that color played a role in how he responded. I think the big issue and more pervasive issue here is the subconscious racism that people aren't even aware of. I full-heartedly believe that Officer Wilson would have reacted differently was Michael Brown been white. Not because he is a raging racist, but because of the pervasive stereotype that blacks are more dangerous, especially in areas like Ferguson were being black and being a criminal seem to go hand-in-hand in the eyes of the police. While I have no idea whether or not the officer is technically guilty, I hope this case and ones like bring attention to the fact that police men, whether they are aware of it or not, do not treat everyone equally. While none of us are free from making judgements, the more we can expose the stereotypes and assumptions that we make, the more power we have to debunk them.

Sorry this is so long. I have a lot of thoughts on this issue and I'm still not really sure what I think, so my argument might not really be that cohesive or consistent.
v well said
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #18
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
What you're imaging is happening right now and what's actually happening right now are two different things.
I'm actually watching it.
So..yeah not imagining shit.:v
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #19
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
What you're imaging is happening right now and what's actually happening right now are two different things.
The media footage must be sabotaged then, it's a conspiracy.

Edit:// I don't mean to be too cheeky but we have a serious situation and there are a lot of people out there making it worse and acting in a hypocritical manner by protesting violence with violence. I understand that many are protesting peacefully, but several others are not.

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 11-24-2014 at 11:22 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #20
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

From what I can gather,, a huge portion of the rioting is coming from people who aren't even from Ferguson and are just "rioting for the sake of rioting". The situation is pretty shitty any way you look at it though.

Last edited by Dynam0; 11-24-2014 at 11:37 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote