Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #81
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke
Default Re: TWG XXIX Crack Dens and Avenging Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
B1. to Tasuke: please go back and re-read my post on why you all are stupid and don't appreciate the power of the angel role. It clearly explained why the angel kill is MUCH MUCH better for the humans, and much much worse for the wolves. Most certainly not something the wolves would want.

B2. to Tasuke: way to finally show up. Please post more and/or be active on AIM. Thanks.
How exactaly is a 77% chance of the angel killing another human a good thing?
y/[x-3] => 3/(15-2) = 23.07% of killing a wolf right? That is considering the angel is gaurding TPS and the wolves go for him. I know that 25% is pretty good still, but to me, it seems not so good for humans. And going on with what iggy said, since the angel will be gaurding TPS every night(i imagine) why would they(the wolves) even attempt attacking TPS when there is that 25% chance of them getting a fellow wolf killed by a lucky angel?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #82
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Kind of a weird game for me... a lot of people seem pretty human to me. My top suspects as of now are guido, hans, fish, afro, and mini. Wildcards are wilkin, tasuke, tass, and jurs, but I lean human on most of this group. Everyone else seems pretty human to me.

I'm going to rethink some stuff and reread. Probably going to make a more detailed suspicions/vote post after my 3:10-4:15 class (CST).
Old 03-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #83
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasuke
How exactaly is a 77% chance of the angel killing another human a good thing?
y/[x-3] => 3/(15-2) = 23.07% of killing a wolf right? That is considering the angel is gaurding TPS and the wolves go for him. I know that 25% is pretty good still, but to me, it seems not so good for humans. And going on with what iggy said, since the angel will be gaurding TPS every night(i imagine) why would they(the wolves) even attempt attacking TPS when there is that 25% chance of them getting a fellow wolf killed by a lucky angel?
Tasuke, a 23% chance for a wolf (and a wolf only) to die during the night is much better than a 0% chance. The angel blocks the wolfing, so no human dies, AND has a chance to get a wolf. Sure, he may get a human, but that would make the night no different than someone getting wolfed. This way, not only is there an appreciable chance of getting a wolf, if a wolf isn't smited, at least a human picked by a human would be, instead of a human picked by the wolves.

@talisman: How in the GODDAMN have I garnered suspicion? I haven't done a single thing, let alone anything suspicious. I know I haven't done anything to prove my humanity, and if it's for that reason that I'm on your list, forgive me, but I figured your list of suspects would have somehow raised suspicion in you.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #84
talisman
Resident Penguin

guido it's day one and I'd say the majority of the people on that list are all because of gut. Hell... no one has really done anything "suspicious" in the traditional sense yet. And if it makes you feel better... my gut has yet to be right. I think it was that first post that maybe set me off? Oh I think it was me thinking about you in comparison the game where you got lynched day one. You seem a lot different from then. dunno. Your confusion about the angel's role I'm not sure how to read, but I think it probably makes you look more human, on the surface, anyway.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:44 PM   #85
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

Tass tells me Talisman doesn't like the idea of us talking about interrogation questions with each other... the reason being that perhaps the wolves will be able to coutner knowing what the questions are... this seems highly questionable to me, as I believe the best way for us to use the interrogator is to come together to work out the best possible lock for 3 questions.... I never like the person that is for the stifling of information

Old 03-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #86
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

For future reference, I'm leaving for a class now, and will hopefully be back before 5. If I'm not, I'll definitely be back sometime within that hour to make a vote. Just wanted to clarify before I get any IMs asking about it.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #87
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
guido it's day one and I'd say the majority of the people on that list are all because of gut. Hell... no one has really done anything "suspicious" in the traditional sense yet. And if it makes you feel better... my gut has yet to be right. I think it was that first post that maybe set me off?
Very well. I was just surprised that someone may have read something in my substance-less posts.

Quote:
Oh I think it was me thinking about you in comparison the game where you got lynched day one. You seem a lot different from then. dunno.
May I redirect you to the postgame thread of two games ago? http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...1&postcount=11

Quote:
Your confusion about the angel's role I'm not sure how to read, but I think it probably makes you look more human, on the surface, anyway.
My confusion was due to mead's poor wording. There were two seemingly contradictory descriptions of the role and I only remembered one (the wrong one).

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #88
talisman
Resident Penguin

blah some questions I don't think should be talked about ahead of time... others like "Are you a wolf?" are ones that a wolf knowing about ahead of time doesn't really help them. I finally came up with a decent set of three that I think could work, and I tried to pass it along to tps last night but apparently he wasn't actually on.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #89
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

If the questions are good enough, we should be able to have them public and the wolves still won't know ****.

also, all this nonsense with the interrogator only comes into play for TWO people. Humans will always tell the truth... and MW will do whatever he wants.

I still say the nForcer kill was made by an upper tier player, but not a top one. I would say not blah, beause he would go for someone stronger. I also don't think it would be a jTWGer, as I think they also would go for someone strong. every jTWG, its the top player that gets X'd night one.

The middle of the road kill makes me look back at talisman, fish, guido, wilkin, hans. Killing off an active lower tier player from the game before. Fits in wth that M.O.

As such, I'm about to leave to go back to Philly and almost certainly will not be back by 6. therefore, I'm going to vote PURELY off my assumption that the MW likely came from one of the group mentioned above, or the wolf the MW listened to was from that group.

Random.org generated a 4, from 1-5. 4th on that list is Wilkin. And while this is a "random" vote... it is at least originally founded in logic to reduce the suspect pool to 5 from 15. From there, yes... it was random. Sue me.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #90
talisman
Resident Penguin

ps here's a set that knowing ahead of time doesn't change anything (it's based on a loophole in the rules), yet is only useful as a psychic tool, and gets no other information (human answers in parentheses):

1. Are you going to lie? [this is loophole... rules only cover lies in the past]

(no)

2. Are you a wolf?

(no)

3. Are you a special role?

(no)

Any deviation from the human responses basically guarantees that they're a wolf.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #91
talisman
Resident Penguin

pps you'd have to make sure that the lynchee knew that "special" meant either red or blue.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #92
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What about just "are you green/are you not green?"

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #93
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

That would most likely not be allowed.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around when lynching time creeps up, so I will vote now. Afro.

I really don't have much today at all, since nothing really jumps out at me as ' omg wolf'. However, Afro's one post just seems off. Really, that's it. I know it's pretty bad, but I'm not going to sit here and bull**** a reason when I have none. If you want me to pick the post apart, I guess I could, but like I said, it wouldn't be much.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #94
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Or maybe its Fish trying hard to push for weak targets? The pot-shot at Vash, the comment towards Guido, and now the one on Jurs. Seems awful accusatory (is that a word?) of you.
Going by what Tass says, this is the only bs i'm going put on here for a vote because I don't have any time to write out something. I have to leave really soon and I won't be home until about 10/10:30 again, and then i'm going to sleep because I really need it. Also, Fish doesn't seem to be as helpful this game. I remember last game he was coming up with all these ideas. Sorry for the non-activity. I'll probably be dead irl by Saturday.

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #95
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

I've been coming up with most of my ideas with talis on AIM, although I'll agree I've not been as helpful in my posts this first day. Since there are only 2 hours left, I'm going to go ahead and finalize my vote on minineo for my reasons expressed previously.

Hey Jurs, I already explained why that particular post is almost totally bs. I think you should seriously consider a replacement.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #96
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
pps you'd have to make sure that the lynchee knew that "special" meant either red or blue.
That would be asking the same thing twice. "Are you green?" would probably be a better question.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #97
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
What about just "are you green/are you not green?"
GG, Kilga.

Oh, yeah, voting. Eh, MiniNeo sounds like my best bet.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-30-2006, 03:39 PM   #98
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Hans, which post was it? I honestly can't even remember the posts I've made so far.

And here is the part of the post where I BS a reason to vote for someone:

I think I'll go blah style on this one. Day 1, under normal happenings, a wolf is never on the chopping block. Therefore, I will be picking from people who have no been voted on at all so far and who haven't done much of anything so far.

Tass- probably human since I didn't get a vibe from him
Talisman- nothing worthy of a vote.
nforcer- killed last night.
Fish- seems human to me because he's been the only one IMing me. Wolves don't have a real reason to IM people.
Afro- Me.
Tasuke- isn't attracting any attention to self
Kilga- isn't attracting any attention to self
Wilkin- posts are less wolfy looking than the previous game he played. Like I said before though, not indicitive since he was human last time haha
Iggy- can't remember.
Jursey- Her innactivity has surprisingly not gotten her any votes that I've noticed. However, her innactivity is good enough to push her ahead in votes, which means she's probably not red.
MiniNeo- I think he has some votes on him. Meaning he's probably human.
TPS- blue.
Hans- I dunno. Nothing really from him worthy of voting on.
Guido- got votes on him, so due to the blah hypothesis, is likely human
blah- does he have any votes? I dunno
Vash- switched to someone else. Probably human because of whatever Tass said-- I don't remember exactly besides that I agreed with what Tass said.

So, I now have a list of 7 (Talisman, Tasuke, Kilga, Wilkin, Iggy, Hans, blah), of which I am positive that at least 1 is a wolf, if not all 3 amongst them. I'm tempted to vote for talisman or hans for singling me out without explicit reason, but I think I'll throw my vote to blah in honor of using his ideas to choose who to vote for.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:40 PM   #99
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Oh btw, I forgot to mention something.

Keeping the best of the question strings to only Tps would be best. Why would you want to give the wolves a chance to strategize?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #100
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh, by the way, I'm switching my vote to HansSky.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread