Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 11:55 PM   #501
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 195 - D6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
When you have time, I'm interested in hearing why sunfan and WV are in town and freezin's in null.
Quick summaries

Sunfan has a bit of metaread into that read, mainly due to his tone and how he carried himself through d0. Disregarding our birthdays you can see a town mindset with some of his approaches and claims, such as never lynching Manti, how he approached his read on Nanook, etc. To me he's so far played his town game.

WV is actually doing some work alongside his normal banter, but it's a nice change from some previous game behavior I seen (sometimes careless/memeing), I actually feel fine putting him in my town pile because of his activity, and he's awfully inquisitive this time around which doesn't feel like a wolf.

Freezin is in null because I naturally have a history of struggling to read him, and usually there's a small time frame that is super alignment indicative that happens at some point during the game. His questioning and involvement leading up to EoD looked fine, but realistically I'm looking for this time frame where it's easy to read him before I put him one way or another.

I'll do a real reads list after I'm finished, but hopefully this gave you food for thought.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:29 AM   #502
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Alrighty, firstly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
Re: this quote from nanook, this means he tries harder if he's partnered with players he's excited to be wolfing with, right?
I interpreted this more as Nanook won’t try as hard if he is on a team with people he considers competent. If he considers them not as good, he’ll try harder. I don’t think it should be ignored, like sunfan suggested, I think it could be quite important too.

NEXT, I love a good tinfoil, but unless Freezin and Nanook pulled off incredibly good wolf theatre and bussing, Freezin is pretty solidly in my town circle.

I’d like to also put WV in my town circle. After re-reading the thread, I don’t see a single red flag. He’s thoughts seem very straight up and his own.

Funnygurl had a very underwhelming d0, obviously wasn’t around a lot. She claimed Nanook is town, but what else is new. Could be anyone’s partner, could be no one's partner. Null

Xel was the first to vote for Nanook at #40, and was the first to really interact with him. The interactions seemed natural enough, but pretty much everything else from Xel has been meme since. Hoping to see more from him today.

Shadow (Manti), I don’t have enough to go on yet. Manti’s entrance read on Xiz was very bad, and obviously there was no follow up. His play so far today has seemed fine, I’ll need to see more of his posts before I make up my mind on this slot. I believe that he forgot Roleblocker was a thing.

Plop was the first person to get serious (#77), townread me, xel and choof based on tone. He also was the first person to point out that Nanook being upfront about his C+ (F) game could come from a defensive wolf viewpoint. This was slightly contradicted later when he responded to thesunfan calling nanook scum (#163), saying ‘’I’m not going to hard defend nanook, but I really dont see the scumminess there’’. Also a bit later on at #182 where nanook is sitting comfortably in his town pile. His entrance today has been really good, and overall, his posts and solving style seem more inline with his town game, its just his views on Nanook have seemed a bit off.

Mellon has been underwhelming, but forgiven as BIRTHDAY WOo. She does have an early townlean on WV but doesn’t really take any notice of anyone other than Nanook and briefly Plop. She first asks Sunfan for an opinion on him (#178) as she hasn’t played with him before. Mellon also calls out Nanooks attitude at #247 and pressures him to make some reads at #268. Whether this comes from a frustrated wolf partner or from just an annoyed town its impossible to say yet. It’s worth mentioning that Mellon also calls out Plops bad read on Manti before anyone else jumped on it, so it is obvious she was paying some sort of attention to the game and paying attention to what was being said.

I believe Zenith is town. The vote on me seemed genuine and not opportunistic, based on the way I was acting. I feel like his vote would have landed on me a lot earlier if he was looking for a mislynch opportunity. He has tunneled quite a bit on Plop ever since Plops first read, saying that particular read seemed forced, which I can definitely see. At #350, he also said his lynch pile was Nanook/Me/Plop, and probably a silly thing to look at, but I feel like if Zenith was scum, he wouldn’t put a wolf partner first in his list. Good entrance today and good summaries of the remaining players that seem to have moved naturally since EoD and night actions. Overall, town circle too, for now.

Xiz’s first post is a vote on Nanook, saying he is okay with a Nanook wagon. Later at #234, he explains he is stil trying to figure out Nanook. Still scumreading but seemed less certain. It is POSSIBLE he was looking for an opportunity to move his vote off his partner naturally, but it honestly seems genuine. #253 he also pings Nanook, asking where he is. This is the weakest point I have but I feel like wolf Xiz would have just pinged Nanook in discord. I also really like Xiz’s EoD. Probably not scum.

The main point I have on thesunfan is his comment where he quite confidently calls Nanook scum (#162), but then changes his tone with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I know I literally just said that we're not lynching manti, but he's probably my strongest wolfread

he had the juice in the last version before the game blew up, I even townread his entrance post then, and I never really care about entrances

its... pretty stupid, but I vibe with it all the same

Nanook is not town for his play today, but I think he's maybe beginning to trend in the right direction for me
It is interesting he changed his strongest scumread to someone he is pretty deadset on not lynching, and perhaps it is a way for him to avoid responsibility for whatever ended up happening at EoD. It is possible he was testing the waters to try and change his vote off Nanook with that last line, but as we all know, he was the first person to vote for Nanook at EoD, and he had every chance to get the mislynch on to someone else like me, but he seemed to be pretty firm in his reads of me being town and nanook being scummier than Xiz. I’m paranoid, like Plop, because thesunfan absolutely DOES start busses on d0, so it’s possible sunfan considered this vote an appropriate sacrifice for the wolf team. I don’t agree with Plop about sunfan focusing more on passive gameplay and focusing on mechanical information rather than solving. I think sunfan has done an appropriate amount of digging and pressure this game so far.

I think Choof is our next wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
nanook is an okay bandwagon atm but i think i would prefer wv, aggroposting and then chuckin deuces is weird thing to do imo
Quote:
more like NanookTheBad
still thinking wv is a better bandwagon tho
The next quote is in response to thesunfan saying “kind of a jank read but I think nanook is mafia here
I have this read in spite of the fact that a few people have pinged him out already, normally I would have a little bit more hesitation

I think manti's entrance was underwhelming but I'm never voting him today”
Quote:
manti's entrance was awful tho, milquetoast town read on xiz for "freeflowing" posts aka shitposting and a bandwagon when multiple people have been doing the same thing. seems like it's just an easy read to throw out there
These are all examples of Choof being like ‘yea its possible Nanook is scum but here’s someone else to focus on’’ which is exactly the type of hedging that a wolf partner would do. He also didn’t have any opinions of Nanook for himself that I could find, other than the wishy washy ‘’yea he could be’’, and there was a lack of interactions. I think Choof was trying to distance himself and be non committed about his thoughts towards Nanook so that he could get away with voting Nanook if he needed to. I think his throwaway vote at EoD was also disgusting.

I would also like to note that I don’t think either Choof or Zenith can be W/W with Plop, as they both expressed confusion as to who exactly he was, which would not exist if either of them were in a discord chat with him. I know it’s kinda weak but meh.

Anyway, choof is our next wolf and then the last wolf is, in my opinion, someone quite strong (based on Nanooks quote at the top about playing differently depending on who he is partners with) like thesunfan/Xiz or if I’m misinterpreting Nanooks quote/if it is irrelevant, then someone UTR like Funnygurl or Xel
Old 07-19-2020, 05:41 AM   #503
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Freezin lock town
- started the nanok shit and didn’t move, I ignored him most of d1 but reading through the interactions can’t be w/w with nanok. 100% t/w

Bolth lock town
- could have forced KITB between bolth (w), xiz (t), making the chance a wolf is lynched from 50% to 100% there with nanok. Bussing is a thing but not in that instance imo. Was wrong on ya my b bolth, but lol that EOD between us was the purest shit.

Xiz lock town
- reverse bolth situation but to me, I don’t even need to FMPOV this

Sunfan lock town
- Suntan could have voted bolth or me yesterday, he didn’t. He confirmed can’t be a wolf with xiz, bolth, or nanok, or any combination because sundan would have locked into the town of the situation and saved nanok

(Bolth LOVE what your posting today but you should see how we both are lock town at the least lol)
I have more to say but I’ll do it later

Old 07-19-2020, 05:46 AM   #504
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Also side note I gave the game solved, raeko and shadow/manti are the last two wolves

Come at me lol

Old 07-19-2020, 05:49 AM   #505
Xiz
TWG Chaos

I am back with a VENGEANCE from being cuc’d 3 games in a row

Old 07-19-2020, 05:58 AM   #506
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Also side note I gave the game solved, raeko and shadow/manti are the last two wolves

Come at me lol
I have come

What are your reasons
Old 07-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #507
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post

Come at me lol
I really, really don't think its that easy

----------------------------------------------

Also, to people who want to speculate on whether nanook tries harder with weaker/stronger teams, I'd bet my life he tries harder when he has a stronger team. If its weaker, he wouldn't have the urge to go ham, but having a strong team is a huge motivator. I highly doubt I am wrong here.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #508
Xiz
TWG Chaos

I think it is tho... I strongly believe

Old 07-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #509
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

sick an actual wolf vote now I gotta actually get out of bed and try hard
Old 07-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #510
choof
Banned

good job being fucking wrong tho
Old 07-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #511
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Me rn

Old 07-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #512
choof
Banned

choof
Old 07-19-2020, 10:01 AM   #513
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I laughed when I read the flip and we got a wolf

I cringed when I realized that it made me look bad
this is an abyssmal post holy fucking shit
Old 07-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #514
choof
Banned

I wish you could see quotes in posts when you iso someone
Old 07-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #515
choof
Banned

it seems like bolth is pretty convinced I'm a wolf so I'm not even going to bother responding to them
Old 07-19-2020, 10:11 AM   #516
choof
Banned

zenith okay I'll be back later
Old 07-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #517
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
it seems like bolth is pretty convinced I'm a wolf so I'm not even going to bother responding to them
If you think I’m going to tunnel on you for the rest of our game together with no regard for any new information or perspectives, you’ve got me wrong. Tell me what you’ve got.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:32 AM   #518
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
If you think I’m going to tunnel on you for the rest of our game together with no regard for any new information or perspectives, you’ve got me wrong. Tell me what you’ve got.
reread the last half of the post you quoted bub
Old 07-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #519
the sun fan
FFR Player

choof, I think you're being a bit too quick to judge if you're not talking with bolth

he is not at all a player who can never get out of a tunnel

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #520
choof
Banned

yea yea I'll interact with them later
Closed Thread